Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,744 members, 7,955,839 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:39 PM

NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries (9151 Views)

Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills / NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! / Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by coolvitus(m): 5:44am On Sep 29, 2014
Ok tnkz
Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by Vstuffs(m): 5:44am On Sep 29, 2014
Hmm..will comment later
Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by Wefiak1414(m): 6:04am On Sep 29, 2014
what going on in nigeria
Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by free2ryhme: 6:16am On Sep 29, 2014
penquin: i know this 2nd term of BRF he just want to embezzle some big amount of money!!!!

mtcheew

do u have proof undecided
Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by Canme4u(m): 6:22am On Sep 29, 2014
Nah dem sabi. When they were going on strike did they consult the public or did they even consider the implication on the life of the people out there?

Now, dem 1 collect money wey dem no work for. #Ole barawo bansa grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by whitecat1: 6:28am On Sep 29, 2014
They didn't work for the month of August and not entitled to paychecks. People lost their lives during the strike when they sat at home. No free lunch and the gov is not Santa. He probably used their pay to hire temps to fill in for them.
How do you get paid for work not done? please Fashola don't reward them, maybe they would weigh their options next time they think they have paid leave at patient's expense.

8 Likes

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by sonofaGod: 6:32am On Sep 29, 2014
Grinder: this penquin abi Penguin.... shocked shocked shocked shocked.,,I am watching you..Anywaiz..Back to the topic... NMA shey... Dat was exactly one reason i didnt go to naija to practice... I no even think am to write naija primaries.... I just write USMLE step exams..And when i pass everything.. grin grin grin grin Money just dey enter from Residency till now... GUess my salary.. wink wink wink wink We dont talk in naira..we talk in dollars....LORD GRINDER HAS SPOKEN.... tongue tongue tongue tongue
hello grinder,a commendable path u took indeed,I will b glad if u could provide me with some useful information though.plz get back to me as soon as u can!

1 Like

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 6:35am On Sep 29, 2014
timilehing: Governor Fashola doing daylight robbery since 1960
FIXED

1 Like

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by Lightening: 6:41am On Sep 29, 2014
Chaleeee: Then NMA should do what it knows how to do best. GO ON STRIKE!!!! Ode doctors. Whya have they not gone on strike yet
When you abuse a thing, it looses it's values.

Indelible word cast on marble. They can no longer bite, they are now begging. Big lesson to other trade union with penchant for strike over mundanes.

4 Likes

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by niggereyez(f): 7:14am On Sep 29, 2014
cheesy cheesy
PapaNnamdi: BRF on panick loot

i laff in japanese kiochong.kiochong.kiochong.kiochonggrin
pls teach me this japanese laughter
Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by hybridtm(m): 7:29am On Sep 29, 2014
Chaleeee: Then NMA should do what it knows how to do best. GO ON STRIKE!!!! Ode doctors. Whya have they not gone on strike yet

Y u dey comment like houseboy now...even my dog no go show dis level of stupidity

4 Likes

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by GWslim(f): 7:38am On Sep 29, 2014
LAGOS STATE GOVT SHOULD PLEASE CONSIDER THESE PEOPLE!
Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by Obinoscopy(m): 7:38am On Sep 29, 2014
I don't blame any government if they stick with the "no work no pay" policy (that is if the government is truly sincere, truly working and not embezzling money). You can't have your cake and eat it.

It's only in corrupt countries like Nigeria that people get paid for doing nothing. It's only in corrupt countries like Nigeria that people see the treasury as national cake which one must have a bite at by hook or by crook.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by cuteboy2: 7:57am On Sep 29, 2014
Lagos is the most labour unfriendly state. All higher institutions are perpetually on strike or in one form of crisis or the other. LASU, LASPOTECH, COE, etc.

With the trillion naira loans, billions from FAAC allocations and IGR, it's rather sad LASG owing is 3months salary to such critical workers like doctors.

Where did all the money go?

BTW: Is this not the same Tope Ojo that was spewing bile and hate on FGN during the Ebola outbreak. Why is he going on begging mode when the matter involves LASG?

1 Like

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by InvertedHammer: 8:00am On Sep 29, 2014
/
No work, no pay. Simple as that.

If I may ask, what's with this trend of owing salaries in arrears in Nigeria? How can someone work without being paid for up to 6 months?

I guess they will feed their families and meet basic financial obligations with "patriotism" as someone postulated in a previous thread in which he queried the rationale for abandoning ship in Nigeria.

First problem na to find work. Second problem ns to get paid for services rendered. Employees are at the mercy of their employers with no repercussions for nonpayments. How can someone organize his/her life in such predicament? It is not as if the fund is not there. Someone just nonchalantly decided to sit on people's destinies because there are no oversights nor strict penalty for non-adherence to policies--Man's wickedness to fellow man. I don't even want to delve into pensioners' wahala.

Still wondering why we hate to love Nigeria? There you have it.

/

1 Like

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by dabayomi(m): 8:14am On Sep 29, 2014
Mynd44:

http://www.punchng.com/news/nma-appeals-to-fashola-over-unpaid-salaries/

So Doctor's can beg for their salary, abi na appeal... you think it's easy to strike, Oya nao...
Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:35am On Sep 29, 2014
ayaf read and scrutiinize all the comments n ccome to realise that
NIGERIANS ARE GOOD PEOPLE!
GOD BLESS NIGERIA!
Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by pheyikemi: 8:53am On Sep 29, 2014
Now they are begging , you are here whining, if they went on strike again, you'll be the 1st to start convulsing on N/L. But why are some pple like this sef?

5 Likes

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by ndcide(m): 9:00am On Sep 29, 2014
I'd like to hear the opinions of Gbawe, eko ile & others. on this. actually both LSG and the doctors have strong points. but I need to get their opinion. to test this objectivity on issues. although I don't think they are objective.
Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by dom(m): 9:03am On Sep 29, 2014
salary is the reward for work. They didnt work in august. So there's no rationale behind paying them. But they should be paid for september, on pro rata calculation. I also think their leaders should take lessons in negotiation skills and stop the unleashing their biggest gun (strike) at the drop of a hat.

1 Like

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 29, 2014
Grinder: this penquin abi Penguin.... shocked shocked shocked shocked.,,I am watching you..Anywaiz..Back to the topic... NMA shey... Dat was exactly one reason i didnt go to naija to practice... I no even think am to write naija primaries.... I just write USMLE step exams..And when i pass everything.. grin grin grin grin Money just dey enter from Residency till now... GUess my salary.. wink wink wink wink We dont talk in naira..we talk in dollars....LORD GRINDER HAS SPOKEN.... tongue tongue tongue tongue

My guy unto dat usmle matter...79853466 na my pin...make we yearn better..I been dey prepare for dat matter too..thanx in anticipation...

1 Like

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 29, 2014
sonofaGod: hello grinder,a commendable path u took indeed,I will b glad if u could provide me with some useful information though.plz get back to me as soon as u can!

Me too.
Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by Chaleeee: 9:13am On Sep 29, 2014
pheyikemi: Now they are begging , you are here whining, if they went on strike again, you'll be the 1st to start convulsing on N/L. But why are some pple like this sef?

Everybody has a right to be stoopid but you are abusing the privilege.
What are they waiting for?? Let them go on strike again. They want to receive wages they didn't work for and you are here saying they are begging. Is LASG Santa Claus??
Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by Oduduwaboy(m): 9:25am On Sep 29, 2014
Hmmm. When PDP wins lagos now , people will start talking about stomach infrastructure. Okay o...Fashola continue, continue...

1 Like

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by pheyikemi: 9:31am On Sep 29, 2014
Chaleeee:

Everybody has a right to be stoopid but you are abusing the privilege.
What are they waiting for?? Let them go on strike again. They want to receive wages they didn't work for and you are here saying they are begging. Is LASG Santa Claus??
Hello stoopid, and what privilege are u abusing, if I may ask. Are u LASG, let LASG decide and stop using panadol for anoda man's headache.
Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by bnovative(m): 9:31am On Sep 29, 2014
If the federal government had acted the manner lsg did, all our pro "progressive " e-warriors would have been insulting Gej; this must be the progressive way of good governance. Eko ni baje ooo!

2 Likes

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by Chaleeee: 9:58am On Sep 29, 2014
pheyikemi: Hello stoopid, and what privilege are u abusing, if I may ask. Are u LASG, let LASG decide and stop using panadol for anoda man's headache.

You are abusing your stoopidity privilege. No work, No pay. Pls put up another shallow defense. The world is waiting to view the rottenness of your belly.
Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by PapaNnamdi: 10:19am On Sep 29, 2014
niggereyez: cheesy cheesy
pls teach me this japanese laughter

its not dat hard, just follow me
*opens bedroom door*
Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by Kinkale(m): 10:31am On Sep 29, 2014
APSHIT!! ALWAYS ON THE JOB!! AM NOT PRO-PDP OR APC.. BUT ONE THING IS SURE IF IT WERE 2 BE D OGOGORO PRESIDO DEN APSHIY E-WARRIORS WOULD HAVE BE SPEWING RUBBISH!! APSHIT.. SHANGE!!

2 Likes

Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by niggereyez(f): 10:58am On Sep 29, 2014
PapaNnamdi:

its not dat hard, just follow me
*opens bedroom door*

ya fada....
# just Kidding#
Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by pheyikemi: 11:36am On Sep 29, 2014
Chaleeee:

You are abusing your stoopidity privilege. No work, No pay. Pls put up another shallow defense. The world is waiting to view the rottenness of your belly.
so stoopidity is now ur privilege, now I know sha, no wonder u displayed a high level of ur stoopidity here. If the govt did what was right initially, there won't be any reason for strike in d 1st place, abi u didn't think it dat way wiv ur rotten belly.
Re: NMA Lagos Appeals To The State Government Over Unpaid Salaries by Silensa(m): 12:19pm On Sep 29, 2014
what is holding the salaries of this doctors?
no matter what i still hold Fashola in high esteem but he should endeavor to pay up before these doctors strike again cos they are very good at it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abia Discharges One COVID-19 Patient / Doctors Help Ooo....i Dont No Wat Is This On My Dick (pics) / Outcome Of Meeting Between JOHESU And FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.