Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,348 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

Help Needed! Anybody Know Any Good Diesel Auto Technician In Lagos - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Needed! Anybody Know Any Good Diesel Auto Technician In Lagos (1251 Views)

Why Don't Car Dealers Import Diesel-powered Cars To Nigerians? / Tested And Trusted Car AC Technician In Ajah Axis / Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed! Anybody Know Any Good Diesel Auto Technician In Lagos by Eduu50(m): 7:22am On Sep 29, 2014
Good day my people. I am not a frequent contributor of posts here but I am an ardent follower. I hope some of you will take some time to read through this and possibly prefer a solution. I must also say that I have thoroughly gained very useful information here.

So here's the thing, I have a euro accord 2004 icdti and this car hasn't moved atall in 2 months. Problem started when I took the car to have the timing chain changed(possibly the biggest mistake I have made in recent memory). I thought this was a simple job that any experienced mechanic could handle but boy was I wrong. Car refused to come to life after the change. The biggest problem is the ignorance of every mechanic that I have managed to discuss this problem with. I am not an expert but I do know a thing or two or better still Google is always handy. I have tried to change the injectors, but apparently again, the guys here do not know how to change correctly the injectors in a modern diesel engine car. The car started but there was diesel in the exhaust and after some time it wont start anymore. This was after we ran the diagnosis on the car and the error codes indicated that the injectors need changed. 8 still do feel it's the injectors but then before I try anything further I need to get someone that can do modern diesel engines.

I need help. I need to find someone in this country that understands this engine and that can fix this problem. The guys in lapido are advising that I change the engine to a petrol engine but I love this engine and it would be nice if I can have this fixed.

If you can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it a lot. A brother needs help. Please do not hesitate to assist if you can. Thank you for your time.
Re: Help Needed! Anybody Know Any Good Diesel Auto Technician In Lagos by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 29, 2014
You didn't state your engine model type and number of cylinders.

By the way, have you ever read through your owners manual?

it says timing chain don't need constant replacement. It can last as long as the engine itself. The mechanic must had missed the timing spot and on the chain there's suppose to be a mark too which goes in sync with the marks on the crank pulley. These marks are guides to hitting the accurate timing spot.

Or another thing is your mehanic was overwhelm by the numerous pulleys he saw and misguided the chain, or he didn't tension the pulley and chain adjustment properly.
Re: Help Needed! Anybody Know Any Good Diesel Auto Technician In Lagos by Eduu50(m): 10:18am On Sep 29, 2014
Thanks lomomike. Ah well, I have read the manual alright. I do think that timing chain gets bad and needs replacement after every 80000 km. It's a diesel 2004 icdti engine from honda, 2.2. Litres. You maybe spot on with your analysis. I mentioned in my earlier post that we did the diagnosis thing on the car and most of the codes indicated injector circuit malfunction but again it may be due to bad timing like you have now suggested. Well, What I want to know now is where I can find someone that's going to get this car fixed.
Re: Help Needed! Anybody Know Any Good Diesel Auto Technician In Lagos by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:17am On Sep 29, 2014
Eduu50: Good day my people. I am not a frequent contributor of posts here but I am an ardent follower. I hope some of you will take some time to read through this and possibly prefer a solution. I must also say that I have thoroughly gained very useful information here.

So here's the thing, I have a euro accord 2004 icdti and this car hasn't moved atall in 2 months. Problem started when I took the car to have the timing chain changed(possibly the biggest mistake I have made in recent memory). I thought this was a simple job that any experienced mechanic could handle but boy was I wrong. Car refused to come to life after the change. The biggest problem is the ignorance of every mechanic that I have managed to discuss this problem with. I am not an expert but I do know a thing or two or better still Google is always handy. I have tried to change the injectors, but apparently again, the guys here do not know how to change correctly the injectors in a modern diesel engine car. The car started but there was diesel in the exhaust and after some time it wont start anymore. This was after we ran the diagnosis on the car and the error codes indicated that the injectors need changed. 8 still do feel it's the injectors but then before I try anything further I need to get someone that can do modern diesel engines.

I need help. I need to find someone in this country that understands this engine and that can fix this problem. The guys in lapido are advising that I change the engine to a petrol engine but I love this engine and it would be nice if I can have this fixed.

If you can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it a lot. A brother needs help. Please do not hesitate to assist if you can. Thank you for your time.

your timing diagram

1 Like

Re: Help Needed! Anybody Know Any Good Diesel Auto Technician In Lagos by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:02pm On Sep 29, 2014
and also remember dieseal engines needs priming and bleeding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44o7Jxaiu7M

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hyundai Ix35 2011 user review / Water Settles Inside My Exhaust Port. / Car Gurus Help! My Camry 2007 Doesnt Accelerate!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.