Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,629 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician (12601 Views)

Ac Technician With Vacuum Pump / I Need A Good Car AC Technician / Toyota AC Button (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by blackfm: 8:31pm On Feb 25, 2015
Hello house, please help. I'm close to my wits end.
I bought a 9ja used 2005 corolla and was duly informed the AC is faulty. It blows fine when speeding but blows hot when in traffic or
parked.
I have changed the condenser, serviced compressor, changed air filter, confirmed there is no gas leak, reconnected fan to start working on startup but this problem persists.

Please recommend a reliable AC tech who knows his stuff if you know one. I'm on the mainland but I won't mind going anywhere so far the tech can fix my issue.
Please assist a brother

Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by mayor2013: 9:10pm On Feb 25, 2015
Reach this number 08165520837
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:21pm On Feb 25, 2015
blackfm:
Hello house, please help. I'm close to my wits end.
I bought a 9ja used 2005 corolla and was duly informed the AC is faulty. It blows fine when speeding but blows hot when in traffic or
parked.
I have changed the condenser, serviced compressor, changed air filter, confirmed there is no gas leak, reconnected fan to start working on startup but this problem persists.

Please recommend a reliable AC tech who knows his stuff if you know one. I'm on the mainland but I won't mind going anywhere so far the tech can fix my issue.
Please assist a brother

You need a new(toks) compressor, urs is faulty.
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by blackfm: 4:29pm On Feb 26, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

You need a new(toks) compressor, urs is faulty.
Dude working on it said the compressor is fine. How can I confirm this plz
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:13pm On Feb 26, 2015
blackfm:

Dude working on it said the compressor is fine. How can I confirm this plz

Did he use this?
[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSczJhdoKSQ96msqDRf8QTI8X7o1aKwGHuYmHY_JuTloTgQ-9N_XkZ3zd8[/img]

If the answer is No, then he's not sure.
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by senator2k9(m): 6:09pm On Feb 26, 2015
Question 1. Does your car engine vibrate when u switch on the ac?
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by blackfm: 7:38pm On Feb 26, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Did he use this?
[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSczJhdoKSQ96msqDRf8QTI8X7o1aKwGHuYmHY_JuTloTgQ-9N_XkZ3zd8[/img]

If the answer is No, then he's not sure.
He did. I remember that vividly
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by blackfm: 7:41pm On Feb 26, 2015
senator2k9:
The engine doesn't vibrate when I switch on ac but i'll feel the ac getting powered like a kinda power surge. The only time it vibrated was after I changed the battery and that didn't take long to stop
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by Coldplay007(f): 7:50pm On Feb 26, 2015
senator2k9:

My car does this? Not serious vibration oo.. Just a little vibe....
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by earthrealm(m): 1:11pm On Mar 04, 2015
You have air in ur system...
take ur car to a good shop with mo r dern equipment that will pull a vacuum on the system..it shud get to neg 29hg and hold for 30mins to confirm u dont hv a leak and ensure all the air n water vapour in it is removed.

Most ac techs in naija dont vacuum a system when changing compressor or cond3nser...this is a must.

Also ur dryer and cond3sner shud be changed same time as the compressor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by earthrealm(m): 1:15pm On Mar 04, 2015
Driving or using the ac with air/water vapour in the system will ultimately spoil ur compressor as the air will react wi th th e oil and ref4igrant to form a sludge or acid which will clog ur expansion valve or comp and tomorrow the same ac tech will tell u.....

Oga ur compressor don spoil.....when na im ignorance cause the problem in 5he first place

2 Likes

Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by blackfm: 6:46am On Mar 06, 2015
earthrealm:
You have air in ur system...
take ur car to a good shop with mo r dern equipment that will pull a vacuum on the system..it shud get to neg 29hg and hold for 30mins to confirm u dont hv a leak and ensure all the air n water vapour in it is removed.

Most ac techs in naija dont vacuum a system when changing compressor or cond3nser...this is a must.

Also ur dryer and cond3sner shud be changed same time as the compressor.
Could you plz recommend a tech that has this vacuum. Thanks
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by mayor2013: 7:39am On Mar 06, 2015
@ op guessed you called me and I recommended some1 to you. He also has the vacuum
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by blackfm: 8:30am On Mar 06, 2015
mayor2013:
@ op guessed you called me and I recommended some1 to you. He also has the vacuum
I've been unable to reach the guy. The mtn is unreachable and the other line is constantly switched off. Sent a text for alternate means of reaching him but no reply so far
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by blackfm: 8:55am On Mar 06, 2015
I just got through, he called me. Booked appointment for 9 tomorrow. I'll update with feedback
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by mayor2013: 6:48pm On Mar 06, 2015
Okay
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by blackfm: 1:51pm On Mar 07, 2015
Work In Progress
1. Evaporator was checked and confirmed ok, it had a lot of oil that had to be flushed anyway.
2. Expansion valve changed.
3. Drier was blocked with pure water nylon by god know who and then cut off from the radiator..these were corrected
4. Compressor was repaired for low pressure..has excess oil too
5. Condenser and hi-low hoses were flushed
This better work, my pocket aint smiling right now

Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by Kashif(m): 4:36pm On Mar 07, 2015
Congrats. When everything works, you will forget the hole in your pocket. Professional repair doesn't come cheap.

It would be nice to have this tech's contact. On the mainland?
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by mayor2013: 8:28pm On Mar 07, 2015
blackfm:
Work In Progress
1. Evaporator was checked and confirmed ok, it had a lot of oil that had to be flushed anyway.
3. Drier was blocked with pure water nylon by god know who and then cut off from the radiator..these were corrected
4. Compressor was repaired for low pressure..has excess oil too

@ op I hope the car is now cooling well and how do you see the guy's service?
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by blackfm: 10:39pm On Mar 07, 2015
Kashif:
Congrats. When everything works, you will forget the hole in your pocket. Professional repair doesn't come cheap.

It would be nice to have this tech's contact. On the mainland?
I sure hope so. Hez at ikotun and the result is worth the distance travelled.
The system was coupled and vacuumed then gased. The AC works like a charm..for now anyway, ild like to observe for a few days before breathing a sigh of relief.
That's the status after 10hrs(9am to 6pm) and 20 sumtin grand

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by mayor2013: 12:32am On Mar 08, 2015
blackfm:

I sure hope so. Hez at ikotun and the result is worth the distance travelled.
The system was coupled and vacuumed then gased. The AC works like a charm..for now anyway, ild like to observe for a few days before breathing a sigh of relief.
That's the status after 10hrs(9am to 6pm) and 20 sumtin grand

Thank God its working but still observe for now. I just met the guy twice but frm the way he spoke he knows the job. Come and thank me specially grin

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:02am On Mar 08, 2015
blackfm:
Work In Progress
4. Compressor was repaired for low pressure ..has excess oil too

I feel you should have replaced that compresor.

6 Likes

Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by blackfm: 7:17am On Mar 08, 2015
mayor2013:

Thank God its working but still observe for now. I just met the guy twice but frm the way he spoke he knows the job. Come and thank me specially grin
He certainly sounds like he does. You're the bomb bro
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by blackfm: 7:22am On Mar 08, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

The guy actually mentioned doing that but also said it could still run fine after testing plus the cost was already way above my budget so I stuck with the old one. Good thing evaporator was fine else ild have tuck tails and ran cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:27am On Mar 08, 2015
blackfm:

The guy actually mentioned doing that but also said it could still run fine after testing plus the cost was already way above my budget so I stuck with the old one. Good thing evaporator was fine else ild have tuck tails and ran cheesy

The point is, you can't fix a compressor that is low on pressure, you can fix one that is leaking.

Have you seen the inside of a compressor?

2 Likes

Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by mayor2013: 8:43am On Mar 08, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Bro when dat guy called honda accord 2005 brand new compressor for me 120k cheesy
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:54am On Mar 08, 2015
mayor2013:

Bro when dat guy called honda accord 2005 brand new compressor for me 120k cheesy

Its worth it for peace of mind.
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by mayor2013: 10:20am On Mar 08, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Its worth it for peace of mind.

Sure
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by Kashif(m): 5:13pm On Mar 08, 2015
mayor2013:

That should be the price. Toyota quoted 300k for a new Camry 2007 compressor!
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by earthrealm(m): 7:54pm On Mar 08, 2015
compressors are cheap on amazon..oem denso compressor less than 300 usd.

am quite impressed, the ac tech has a vacuum pump!....few techs has that device in naija........i wonder how they even do good ac work without a vacuum pump
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by Kashif(m): 8:02pm On Mar 08, 2015
earthrealm:
........i wonder how they even do good ac work without a vacuum pump

The same way 'transmission techs' work on transmissions without compressed air or dial indicator. Mediocre! embarassed

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by blackfm: 10:15pm On Apr 28, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Gazzuzz u were right. I eventually replace the whole AC component frm H &L hose to expansion valve, compressor, condenser and evaporator. Turns out the High hose was glued by one kazeem the previous owner used and the pipe collapsed after I fixed the AC burning my conpressor and damaging condenser and evaporator in the process. Good thing it turned out so tho coz ild have been very bitter if I changed the compressor back then and it got burnt.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? / Alert: Car Suddenly Jerks With Intermittent Blinking CEL! / What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.