Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

"What Is The Rapture Of The Church?" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "What Is The Rapture Of The Church?" (1122 Views)

10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / Phillipa's (4-6 Aug) Visions Of Readiness Of Heaven For Rapture Of The Saints / Does Rev Father Mbaka Of Nigeria Believe In The Rapture Of The Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"What Is The Rapture Of The Church?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:50pm On Sep 29, 2014
Question: "What is the rapture of the church?"

Answer: The word rapture does not occur in the Bible. The term comes from a Latin word meaning “a carrying off, a transport, or a snatching away.” The concept of the “carrying off” or the rapture of the church is clearly taught in Scripture.

The rapture of the church is the event in which God “snatches away” all believers from the earth in order to make way for His righteous judgment to be poured out on the earth during the tribulation period. The rapture is described primarily in 1 Thessalonians 4:13–18 and 1 Corinthians 15:50–54. God will resurrect all believers who have died, give them glorified bodies, and take them from the earth, along with all living believers, who will also be given glorified bodies at that time. “For the Lord Himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever” (1 Thessalonians 4:16–17).

The rapture will involve an instantaneous transformation of our bodies to fit us for eternity. “We know that when he (Christ) appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is” (1 John 3:2). The rapture is to be distinguished from the second coming. At the rapture, the Lord comes “in the clouds” to meet us “in the air” (1 Thessalonians 4:17). At the second coming, the Lord descends all the way to the earth to stand on the Mount of Olives, resulting in a great earthquake followed by a defeat of God’s enemies (Zechariah 14:3–4).

The doctrine of the rapture was not taught in the Old Testament, which is why Paul calls it a “mystery” now revealed: “Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed—in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed” (1 Corinthians 15:51–52).

The rapture of the church is a glorious event we should all be longing for. We will finally be free from sin. We will be in God’s presence forever. There is far too much debate over the meaning and scope of the rapture. This is not God’s intent. Rather, the rapture should be a comforting doctrine full of hope; God wants us to “encourage each other with these words” (1 Thessalonians 4:18).

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/rapture-of-the-church.html#ixzz3EhzWdwn9
Re: "What Is The Rapture Of The Church?" by ifaoni(m): 2:30pm On Sep 29, 2014
rapture is rapture ok
Re: "What Is The Rapture Of The Church?" by Kei144(m): 5:12pm On Sep 29, 2014
"All believers" are not going to make the rapture. Jesus Christ is an example for those who will make the rapture.

Jn. 20:21 Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.”

All those who could please Jesus Christ the way he pleased the Father will ascend to heaven the very same way that Jesus Christ ascended to
heaven. Jesus Christ did not ascend to heaven until he died in the flesh; in the same way, only those who are able to become completely dead to the flesh (sin) can ascend to heaven.

He. 13:10 We have an altar from which those who minister at the tabernacle have no right to eat.
He. 13:11 The high priest carries the blood of animals into the Most Holy Place as a sin offering, but the bodies are burned outside the camp.
He. 13:12 And so Jesus also suffered outside the city gate to make the people holy through his own blood.
He. 13:13 Let us, then, go to him outside the camp, bearing the disgrace he bore.
He. 13:14 For here we do not have an enduring city, but we are looking for the city that is to come.

The desires of the flesh must be burned here in the world, in order to make the rapture. It is not by human power, but by the Spirit's power.
Re: "What Is The Rapture Of The Church?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:00pm On Oct 24, 2016
ifaoni:

rapture is rapture ok

Yes!
Re: "What Is The Rapture Of The Church?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:22pm On Nov 03, 2016
Daily Manna
Thursday, November 3, 2016

Behold! He Is Near

TEXT: REVELATION 16:13-21

"Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame" (Revelation 16:15).

Events across the world, no doubt, have continued to confirm that the present world is running its full course and ready to drop its worn-out garment of sin and disobedience.

John the Beloved was privileged to be shown the events of the last days as documented in the book of Revelation for our learning, instructions and necessary actions. Nobody can claim ignorance of some of the recent happenings across the globe, all confirming earlier predictions and prophecies from prophets.

In our passage, the Bible lifts the curtain and gives us a picture of some of the fearful events that will happen after the saints had been raptured home. Although many religious assemblies may give different interpretations to some of these events, the fact remains that no true believer must go through any of them. It is better imagined than experiencing the sufferings and judgment that follows. The reign of the Antichrist will reach its height at this time and he will mobilise the world to fight against our Lord, Jesus Christ and the saints.

The fiery judgment of God will be poured upon the people that will be on the face of the earth during this period. There will be no hiding place for anyone. The sufferings and anguish will be so severe that rather than repent, men will still blaspheme God. This is because it is rather too late to repent as the Holy Spirit that could bring conviction upon men would have been withdrawn.

The time any sinner must repent and align himself with the will and word of God is now! Don't get caught up in the coming battle and outpouring of God's wrath upon the world. This is the time to be watchful and be prepared for the coming of the Lord through a consistent righteous life and watchful waiting for His coming.

Bible Reading in one Year: JEREMIAH 36 - 38

Higher Everyday for Youths - Link: http://highereveryday.dclmhq.org/

Thought for the day: "Christ will come very soon"

See more HERE:
Re: "What Is The Rapture Of The Church?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:56am On May 07, 2022
OLAADEGBU:
Question: "What is the rapture of the church?"

Answer: The word rapture does not occur in the Bible. The term comes from a Latin word meaning “a carrying off, a transport, or a snatching away.” The concept of the “carrying off” or the rapture of the church is clearly taught in Scripture.

The rapture of the church is the event in which God “snatches away” all believers from the earth in order to make way for His righteous judgment to be poured out on the earth during the tribulation period. The rapture is described primarily in 1 Thessalonians 4:13–18 and 1 Corinthians 15:50–54. God will resurrect all believers who have died, give them glorified bodies, and take them from the earth, along with all living believers, who will also be given glorified bodies at that time. “For the Lord Himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever” (1 Thessalonians 4:16–17).

The rapture will involve an instantaneous transformation of our bodies to fit us for eternity. “We know that when he (Christ) appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is” (1 John 3:2). The rapture is to be distinguished from the second coming. At the rapture, the Lord comes “in the clouds” to meet us “in the air” (1 Thessalonians 4:17). At the second coming, the Lord descends all the way to the earth to stand on the Mount of Olives, resulting in a great earthquake followed by a defeat of God’s enemies (Zechariah 14:3–4).

The doctrine of the rapture was not taught in the Old Testament, which is why Paul calls it a “mystery” now revealed: “Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed—in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed” (1 Corinthians 15:51–52).

The rapture of the church is a glorious event we should all be longing for. We will finally be free from sin. We will be in God’s presence forever. There is far too much debate over the meaning and scope of the rapture. This is not God’s intent. Rather, the rapture should be a comforting doctrine full of hope; God wants us to “encourage each other with these words” (1 Thessalonians 4:18).

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/rapture-of-the-church.html#ixzz3EhzWdwn9

What is the rapture of the church? Is the rapture biblical? What occurs at the rapture? Does the Bible even teach the concept of the rapture?
Re: "What Is The Rapture Of The Church?" by Lighthouse50: 11:08am On May 07, 2022
Let paul be deceiving you. Stick to the words of yeshua, its final
Re: "What Is The Rapture Of The Church?" by Image123(m): 11:19am On May 07, 2022
Lighthouse50:

Who is Yeshua and what are his words? If you are referring to Jesus Christ, are you not aware that He is coming again?

2 Likes

Re: "What Is The Rapture Of The Church?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:42am On Jun 09, 2022
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY MAY 23, 2022

THE CATCHING AWAY OF SAINTS
TEXT: 1 THESSALONIANS 4:13-18

"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (1 THESSALONIANS 4:17).

There was a time the world scientists believed that no engine powered motor could fly in the air until 1903 when Wilbur and Orville Wrights successfully powered the first engine airplane. There are many inventions that have followed. Today, spacecrafts enable men to suspend in outer space for several months.

Our text describes the most expected event of Christ's followers when they shall be caught up in the air to be with Him. The first person to leave the earth upwards without death was Enoch (Genesis 5:24), followed by Elijah the prophet (2 Kings 2:11). Thereafter, Jesus also ascended to heaven after His resurrection (Acts 1:9).

The purpose of catching saints away is to separate them from sinners when the wrath of God and terror of the Antichrist comes upon the people of the earth in the near future. In the same wisdom, God separated Noah's family in an ark when He destroyed the world with rain and flood.

Signs in the world show that the time is at hand. Repent now and be ready for the rapture. Preach the gospel to others to save them too.

Quote: "God separated Noah's family."

Chɑllenge: "Get ready, the time is at hand."

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to be ready for Your coming"

See more here:
Re: "What Is The Rapture Of The Church?" by OkCornel(m): 6:59am On Jun 09, 2022
Pretribulation rapture is a fraudulent doctrine. Period!
Re: "What Is The Rapture Of The Church?" by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:01am On Jun 09, 2022
True Christians have come to your doorsteps to TEACH you what you should know about God's Kingdom just as Jesus commanded them! Matt 28:19-20

But NO you've relied on the falsehood taught by those who are only out to enrich themselves due to your ignorance.

Now are all these people Christians whom Jesus prayed fervently to his father that they should all have the same line of thought? John 17:22
Or misinformed religionists claiming Christians with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines about whom Jesus said they will be SCATTERED spiritually in their reasonings? Luke 11:23

OLAADEGBU:

What is the rapture of the church? Is the rapture biblical? What occurs at the rapture? Does the Bible even teach the concept of the rapture?

ifaoni:
rapture is rapture ok

Lighthouse50:

Image123:

Who is Yeshua and what are his words? If you are referring to Jesus Christ, are you not aware that He is coming again?

OkCornel:
Pretribulation rapture is a fraudulent doctrine. Period!

Jehovah's Witnesses, thank you people for locating me! Matt 10:11-13 smiley
Re: "What Is The Rapture Of The Church?" by Image123(m): 10:30am On Jun 09, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
True Christians have come to your doorsteps to TEACH you what you should know about God's Kingdom just as Jesus commanded them! Matt 28:19-20

But NO you've relied on the falsehood taught by those who are only out to enrich themselves due to your ignorance.

Now are all these people Christians whom Jesus prayed fervently to his father that they should all have the same line of thought? John 17:22
Or misinformed religionists claiming Christians with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines about whom Jesus said they will be SCATTERED spiritually in their reasonings? Luke 11:23

Jehovah's Witnesses, thank you people for locating me! Matt 10:11-13 smiley

And why is this hypocrite mentioning me this morning, nothing to do?
Re: "What Is The Rapture Of The Church?" by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:43am On Jun 09, 2022
Image123:

And why is this hypocrite mentioning me this morning, nothing to do?

Keep deceiving yourselves!

Do you promise never to mention me in your miserable life again so i'll never quote nor mention you again? cheesy
Re: "What Is The Rapture Of The Church?" by Image123(m): 10:59am On Jun 09, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Keep deceiving yourselves!

Do you promise never to mention me in your miserable life again so i'll never quote nor mention you again? cheesy

Unfortunately, you can't answer even simple questions without copy and paste. Your comic magazine has no answer to this. Why is this hypocrite mentioning me this morning, nothing to do?

2 Likes

Re: "What Is The Rapture Of The Church?" by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:17am On Jun 09, 2022
Image123:

Unfortunately, you can't answer even simple questions without copy and paste. Your comic magazine has no answer to this. Why is this hypocrite mentioning me this morning, nothing to do?

Idiot!
So it's when you're idle that you come after me calling me names shey?
You must be very stupid for questioning me.
If you fail to stop mentioning me then never in your miserable life question me whenever i decides to mention you! cheesy
Re: "What Is The Rapture Of The Church?" by Image123(m): 11:32am On Jun 09, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Idiot!
So it's when you're idle that you come after me calling me names shey?
You must be very stupid for questioning me.
If you fail to stop mentioning me then never in your miserable life question me whenever i decides to mention you! cheesy

Mr. true christain. Why are you this hypocrite mentioning me this morning, nothing to do?
i don't mention you for nothing, i reply to your post or any post in conversation or discussion.

1 Like

Re: "What Is The Rapture Of The Church?" by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:43am On Jun 09, 2022
Image123:

Mr. true christain. Why are you this hypocrite mentioning me this morning, nothing to do?
i don't mention you for nothing, i reply to your post or any post in conversation or discussion.

And where exactly did i go wrong?
Is it not just a post in conversation and discussion?
Are you the only one i mentioned?
What makes you special than others mentioned?
Idiot! Do i use to discuss with you before you stupidly come quoting me each time you decide to do so?

Ọmọ just promise never to mention me again and that's it! cheesy

Re: "What Is The Rapture Of The Church?" by Image123(m): 1:06pm On Jun 09, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

And where exactly did i go wrong?
Is it not just a post in conversation and discussion?
Are you the only one i mentioned?
What makes you special than others mentioned?
Idiot! Do i use to discuss with you before you stupidly come quoting me each time you decide to do so?

Ọmọ just promise never to mention me again and that's it! cheesy

Again, when i mention you, it is to discuss or converse about something said. Here's the question again true christain. Why are you this hypocrite mentioning me this morning/afternoon, nothing to do?
Re: "What Is The Rapture Of The Church?" by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:22pm On Jun 09, 2022
Image123:

Again, when i mention you, it is to discuss or converse about something said. Here's the question again true christain. Why are you this hypocrite mentioning me this morning/afternoon, nothing to do?

The highlighted has answered your question.
Whatever reason you have for mentioning me shouldn't be the yardstick for me to mention you. So it's either you stop mentioning me and i do the same to you or we continue without one asking stupid question on why mentioning the other! Matt 7:12 wink

Re: "What Is The Rapture Of The Church?" by Image123(m): 1:29pm On Jun 09, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

The highlighted has answered your question.
Whatever reason you have for mentioning me shouldn't be the yardstick for me to mention you. So it's either you stop mentioning me and i do the same to you or we continue without one asking stupid question on why mentioning the other! Matt 7:12 wink

Why are you this hypocrite mentioning me this morning/afternoon, nothing to do?
From your groanings so far, it is evident that you had no useful reason for mentioning me. Always think before posting next time, we're not in the sad hall where they keep your brains in the thrash can. Okay?
Re: "What Is The Rapture Of The Church?" by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:36pm On Jun 09, 2022
Image123:

Why are you this hypocrite mentioning me this morning/afternoon, nothing to do?
From your groanings so far, it is evident that you had no useful reason for mentioning me. Always think before posting next time, we're not in the sad hall where they keep your brains in the thrash can. Okay?

Only if you stop mentioning me.
I can decide to mention you anytime i deem fit so you have no moral right to question that since you also do mention me without permission.

Jesus of Nazareth said:

All things, therefore, that you want men to do to you, you also must do to them. This, in fact, is what the Law and the Prophets mean" Matt 7:12

I know you will always avoid his orders yet you want to give order to your fellow man, idiot! cheesy

Re: "What Is The Rapture Of The Church?" by Image123(m): 2:09pm On Jun 09, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Only if you stop mentioning me.
I can decide to mention you anytime i deem fit so you have no moral right to question that since you also do mention me without permission.

Jesus of Nazareth said:

All things, therefore, that you want men to do to you, you also must do to them. This, in fact, is what the Law and the Prophets mean" Matt 7:12

I know you will always avoid his orders yet you want to give order to your fellow man, idiot! cheesy

i have not given you any orders, neither asked you not to mention me. i have only asked you a simple question. Hypocrite.
Re: "What Is The Rapture Of The Church?" by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:11pm On Jun 09, 2022
Image123:

i have not given you any orders, i have only asked you a simple question. Hypocrite.

Well i mentioned several people but only the useless idiot who always mention me without taking permission started asking stupid questions! cheesy
Re: "What Is The Rapture Of The Church?" by Image123(m): 2:17pm On Jun 09, 2022
Sorry Olaa. i had to confirm the hypocrisy. No vex bro.
Re: "What Is The Rapture Of The Church?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:34pm On Jun 09, 2022
Image123:

Sorry Olaa. i had to confirm the hypocrisy. No vex bro.

MaxinDHouse must have been badly rattled with the constant bombardment of his heretical doctrines on this forum which explains why he has come out attacking all perceived 'enemies' as a street fighter (area boy) that he is. grin
Re: "What Is The Rapture Of The Church?" by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:49pm On Jun 09, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

MaxinDHouse must have been badly rattled with the constant bombardment of his heretical doctrines on this forum which explains why he has come out attacking all perceived 'enemies' as a street fighter (area boy) that he is. grin

Who fight for street pass between JWs are Deeperlifers?
I just present a sound warning to you liars claiming Christians but failed woefully to agree on what the Bible teach.
So if you and image feel that's an attack then so be it! wink
Re: "What Is The Rapture Of The Church?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:38pm On Jun 09, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Who fight for street pass between JWs are Deeperlifers?
I just present a sound warning to you liars claiming Christians but failed woefully to agree on what the Bible teach.
So if you and image feel that's an attack then so be it! wink

Your attention is needed on this thread cool
Re: "What Is The Rapture Of The Church?" by Image123(m): 4:26pm On Jun 09, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: "What Is The Rapture Of The Church?" by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:49pm On Jun 09, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Your attention is needed on this thread cool

Why did you avoid the thread that says your church is a CULT? cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/4087846/true-life-story-ex-deeper-life

as shared by olu-adegoke on facebook

A TRUE LIFE STORY OF AN EX-DEEPER LIFE MEMBER
====

My mum used to work a 9-5 in a very reputable company on Lagos Island in the 80s, and a "hyper-dedicated" member of Deeper Life Bible Church. My dad was a traveler and a man of very few words. Mum was a hardworking woman and passionate about things of her interest. Her church teaches that anything that would hinder you from making heaven should be cut off, be it father, mother, husband, wife, children, family, whatever; so 90% of mum's time was spent and dedicated to Deeper Life, so she could make heaven and sit at the right-hand side of Jesus in white apparel, on the streets of gold. She must have been made to believe that the more dedicated you are to God and his church, the bigger your mansion in heaven.

She was an early member of this church when it started in UNILAG in the 70s as a campus fellowship, she used to be a top leader of a section of the church, but today she's only a little above an ordinary member after investing all her life into the church.
She goes to church almost every day of the week after work, which left us the children to the hands of house girls. Monday is always bible study, Tuesday leaders meeting, Wednesday counseling, Thursday revival hour, Friday prayer meeting(or something or the other), Saturday workers meeting, and Sunday we were in church all day, we attended the 3 services cause mum had to officiate in the entire service.

At the age of 4-5 as a child, my memory started to take notice and store significant incidents at home. when i was between the age of 5-6 i was constantly being sexually molested by one of our house girls. She takes me to the room after she showers, pulls my head towards her crouch and makes me suck her vagina. This happened regularly but mum was too busy with church activities and trying to make heaven, she didn't notice or suspect anything and for over 2 decades i kept it only to myself (I just told my mum about it recently)

The church decentralized in 1991, that same period we moved to a bigger apartment from the room and parlour we used to live in, we had a big compound, enough to play around so we were not allowed beyond it. The church branch needed a temporary space for worship, mum was approached, she enthusiastically offered our compound and we were restricted to indoors with nothing to play with, no toys, no friends allowed, no board games, no TV (board games and TV were considered sin). I was beaten mercilessly by my parents for going to neighbour's house with my siblings to watch TV, guess what...my mum has TV in her sitting room now and so is almost every Deeper Life member nowadays.

So, what happened to the doctrine they preach about "Jesus the same yesterday, today and forever"? Suddenly the Jesus of yesterday that didn't like TV does now. In a conversation i had with my mum recently; i reminded her how she used to beat the hell out of me for watching TV that she now have, she was mute about it.

Our sitting room became counseling room and office, our walkway was divided and part used as church store. Mum had some sets of Fine-China we never really use and only on new years day, but she'll make a banquet with them every week on our dining table for the church officiating ministers.

Church kept expanding and was able to acquire a land, then moved, but our house remained a hub where members go to, when they had nowhere to stay. At those rare times she's home, especially during her leave, we had church members come to her for either financial aid, counseling, parents bringing their children for counseling but didn't realise her own children needed the counseling more.

I was a curious child, I began to wonder if there are other things to life besides "read your book" "go to church". Depression started creeping in at about when i was 11-12, music came to my rescue, I picked a passionate interest in music and i held on to it strongly because nothing was of interest to me in the church besides the music. I was a semi-misfit, I had peer issues, bully issues like every other kid, but mum was too busy listening to other people's children in the church but not me; one time, another kid tried to bully me in school, i fought back but had mixed feeling of guilt and victory, cause mum always say Jesus said "when they hit you on your right cheek, you turn the left".

I started to ask so many questions when i was about 14, i realised the double standards and hypocrisies in the church. The first thing i noticed was a no-one-dares-talk-about segregation, kids of the rich and top leaders, were always given special preferences and i remember one of those sermons we were told, that God is no respecter of any man and how we are same in the eyes of God. This was too huge for me to process at the time, so it expanded my curiosity.

Mum got a huge loan from a finance company to start a business with dad, which eventually wasn't successful. Now we were in serious debt, we suffered severely during this period. Mum was paying through her nose from her monthly salary, the debt had accumulated so much interest. Church members who used to flock around our house started disappearing one by one. It was hard to even eat, then i asked myself again: why can't the church help mum pay at least some of this debt? Afterall she doesn't get paid for everything she's doing for the church, but things remained this way until we were able to crawl out of it.

The church started gaining so much popularity at a time, mum was also getting deeper in her dedication. Mum's over zealousness and less attention for her family started to take a toll on my dad and the marriage between them, this boomeranged into their separation, and the church management said mum cannot hold the significant position she was in anymore, since she's separated from her husband and demoted to a lower position. Her dedication to church, caused her a broken home and she got punished for it by the same church.

This began to affect her psychologically.
She has been so emotionally detached from her children, she was only dedicated to these brainwashers. I thought maybe she'll realise herself by now, but it got worse. Now she became dedicated to fighting to get her spot back, by trying to impress the church leadership, even by desperate measures which gradually turned her to a full blown hypocrite. Churches create standards humanly unachievable and has turned members into hypocrites.

I watched as they announce and placed members under disciplinary measure, in front of the entire congregation in humiliation and excommunication. Why would anyone subject themselves to such dehumanisation? I literally saw people become mentally deranged from overzealousness, i saw people disown their families, i saw people leave their spouses cause they were told they were in an ungodly relationship. Then i watched as hypocrisy massively became the means of survival. Workers, members, leaders, secretly taking their daughters for abortion. Those who were caught became scape goats.

In Deeper Life, as a leader, no matter how dedicated you are, the standards set for your children is the litmus test for your credibility and your fate to remain a leader, especially the female children. No trousers, no lipstick, no earrings, no make-up, no relaxing of the hair, must be born again etc. my sisters were not having none of that bullshit, they pierced their ears, wore trousers, got their hair did, nails done. This affected mum's position the more, but she bothered more about her relegation in the church rather than pay attention to her children.

I was at this point, already socialising myself and beginning to absorb information about life in general, outside the church. I left home to face the world alone without any orientation of how to survive out there. "Go and read your book" and "Go to church" was the only thing i know.

I built up a conviction to find the truth about life by myself and the pursuit of a personal identity outside the indoctrination and dogma.
I found my path in life quickly enough, but this made me to be seen as a rebel back home. I hoped mum would talk to me and ask about what was happening in my life, but that never happened; I wasn't going to the church anymore, so me being around her would further reduce the possibilities of her achieving that leadership level she so craves. My personal life and success as her son wasn't her goal, Deeper Life was.

Religious fanatism is damaging people's families in this clime, but I have decided to save myself from the chains of these brainwashers.

END
= Narrated to me on September 30, 2017 by an ex-member of the Deeper Life Bible Church who was inspired to share the personal story after reading my post on the Deeper Life Church. I sought and got permission to share the story.

source-https://naijastoryz..com.ng/2017/09/a-true-life-story-of-ex-deeper-life.html#more
Re: "What Is The Rapture Of The Church?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:28pm On Jun 09, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Why did you avoid the thread that says your church is a CULT? cheesy

Snip

Go and answer your query in the said thread and stop embarrassing yourself here. cool
Re: "What Is The Rapture Of The Church?" by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:09pm On Jun 09, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Go and answer your query in the said thread and stop embarrassing yourself here. cool
Go and answer your query in the said thread and stop embarrassing yourself here. wink

(1) (Reply)

Science Has Proven There Is Consciousness After Death / The Holy Spirit Is God / My Embarrassing Encounter With A Pastor At The Alter In My Colleague's Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.