Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

Does Atheist Believe In Reincarnation? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Atheist Believe In Reincarnation? (1001 Views)

What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? / What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things / Do Atheist Believe Satan Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Atheist Believe In Reincarnation? by Ukutsgp(m): 2:12pm On Sep 29, 2014
reincarnation is false from the bible view. but what is the atheist view on the subject?
Re: Does Atheist Believe In Reincarnation? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 29, 2014
Some do.
Technically, Buddhists are atheists-- their religion doesn't have any god(s).
But they believe in reincarnation.
Re: Does Atheist Believe In Reincarnation? by ifaoni(m): 2:21pm On Sep 29, 2014
i tink so.
Re: Does Atheist Believe In Reincarnation? by Ukutsgp(m): 2:46pm On Sep 29, 2014
Apatheist: Some do.
Technically, Buddhists are atheists-- their religion doesn't have any god(s).
But they believe in reincarnation.
dnt d Buddhists believed in a certain God?
Re: Does Atheist Believe In Reincarnation? by Ukutsgp(m): 2:47pm On Sep 29, 2014
does science support reincarnation?
Re: Does Atheist Believe In Reincarnation? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 29, 2014
Ukutsgp: dnt d Buddhists believed in a certain God?
None.
http://wikipedia.org/wiki/God_in_Buddhism
Re: Does Atheist Believe In Reincarnation? by Ukutsgp(m): 3:19pm On Sep 29, 2014
Apatheist:
None.
http://wikipedia.org/wiki/God_in_Buddhism
why did they believed in reincarnation then. is it a scientific phenomenon or connected to some spiritual beings?
Re: Does Atheist Believe In Reincarnation? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 29, 2014
Ukutsgp: why did they believed in reincarnation then. is it a scientific phenomenon or connected to some spiritual beings?
Reincarnation is not a scientific phenomenon.
About reincarnation in Buddhism:
http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebirth_(Buddhism)
From Buddhist site:
http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/reincarnation.htm&sa=U&ei=sG0pVNHlLo_bapiBgdAC&ved=0CAsQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNFek9WTQqekfMXKNX7zWF3sXfEFTQ
Re: Does Atheist Believe In Reincarnation? by Ukutsgp(m): 3:50pm On Sep 29, 2014
Apatheist:
Reincarnation is not a scientific phenomenon.
About reincarnation in Buddhism:
http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebirth_(Buddhism)
From Buddhist site:
http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/reincarnation.htm&sa=U&ei=sG0pVNHlLo_bapiBgdAC&ved=0CAsQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNFek9WTQqekfMXKNX7zWF3sXfEFTQ
i thought d atheist only work with reasoning and logic. it means that they still believed in the spirit realm. how can reincarnation be proved experimentally?
Re: Does Atheist Believe In Reincarnation? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 29, 2014
Ukutsgp: i thought d atheist only work with reasoning and logic. it means that they still believed in the spirit realm. how can reincarnation be proved experimentally?
Refer to my previous post:
Apatheist:
Reincarnation is not a scientific phenomenon
Re: Does Atheist Believe In Reincarnation? by Ukutsgp(m): 7:07pm On Sep 29, 2014
well, i dnt really believe those crap. reincarnation is impossible
Re: Does Atheist Believe In Reincarnation? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 29, 2014
Ukutsgp: reincarnation is false from the bible view. but what is the atheist view on the subject?

Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. According to science we contain energy. Therefore,there is a possibility that the energy propelling the human body will always exist.
Re: Does Atheist Believe In Reincarnation? by Ukutsgp(m): 9:31pm On Sep 29, 2014
ifeness:

Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. According to science we contain energy. Therefore,there is a possibility that the energy propelling the human body will always exist.
even when there is no life in d human body.
Re: Does Atheist Believe In Reincarnation? by JesusisLord85: 9:55pm On Sep 29, 2014
Ukutsgp: reincarnation is false from the bible view. but what is the atheist view on the subject?

John 9:1-3
1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.
2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.
Re: Does Atheist Believe In Reincarnation? by Ukutsgp(m): 10:40pm On Sep 29, 2014
JesusisLord85:

John 9:1-3
1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.
2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.
hw does this relate to the subject? u just quote scripture for quoting sake?
Re: Does Atheist Believe In Reincarnation? by JesusisLord85: 11:19pm On Sep 29, 2014
Ukutsgp: hw does this relate to the subject? u just quote scripture for quoting sake?

THINK about it for a second. Have that conversation in your head:

Another one:

Malachi 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:

Matthew 11:13-15
13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.
15 He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

grin grin grin
Re: Does Atheist Believe In Reincarnation? by qstar(m): 11:21pm On Sep 29, 2014
Ukutsgp: well, i dnt really believe those crap. reincarnation is impossible

But, somehow, resurrection is possible...

1 Like

Re: Does Atheist Believe In Reincarnation? by ojigbijigbi: 11:25pm On Sep 29, 2014
wink funny kids

1 Like

Re: Does Atheist Believe In Reincarnation? by alentyno: 11:31pm On Sep 29, 2014
ifeness:

Lol lol lol lol chai atheists! una confusion don tie wrapper!
Re: Does Atheist Believe In Reincarnation? by Ukutsgp(m): 11:35pm On Sep 29, 2014
JesusisLord85:

THINK about it for a second. Have that conversation in your head:

Another one:

Malachi 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:

Matthew 11:13-15
13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.
15 He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

grin grin grin
did Elijah died?
Re: Does Atheist Believe In Reincarnation? by alentyno: 11:37pm On Sep 29, 2014
Ukutsgp: i thought d atheist only work with reasoning and logic. it means that they still believed in the spirit realm. how can reincarnation be proved experimentally?
That is what we call 'utter confusion'. Ask this question till 2mao he will keep on directing to that link!
Re: Does Atheist Believe In Reincarnation? by Ukutsgp(m): 11:37pm On Sep 29, 2014
qstar:

But, somehow, resurrection is possible...
have u nt seen someone raised back to life before?
Re: Does Atheist Believe In Reincarnation? by EvilBrain1(m): 12:55am On Sep 30, 2014
There is no evidence of reincarnation, and no convincing philosophical argument for reincarnation therefore I don't believe in it.

I can't speak for other atheists, but this is what I believe: My consciousness is an emergent phenomenon from my complex organic brain. It cannot be seperated from it and cannot exist without it. If my brain gets damaged, my personality also gets damaged. If my brain is destroyed, my consciousness, my personality, my self also gets destroyed, never to return. There is no heaven for broken down computers, and no reincarnation either. I wish it wasn't so, but that is the reality and I have to face it.

3 Likes

Re: Does Atheist Believe In Reincarnation? by qstar(m): 9:28am On Sep 30, 2014
Ukutsgp: have u nt seen someone raised back to life before?

bla blah blah
Re: Does Atheist Believe In Reincarnation? by asalimpo(m): 9:51am On Sep 30, 2014
EvilBrain1: There is no evidence of reincarnation, and no convincing philosophical argument for reincarnation therefore I don't believe in it.

I can't speak for other atheists, but this is what I believe: My consciousness is an emergent phenomenon from my complex organic brain. It cannot be seperated from it and cannot exist without it. If my brain gets damaged, my personality also gets damaged. If my brain is destroyed, my consciousness, my personality, my self also gets destroyed, never to return. There is no heaven for broken down computers, and no reincarnation either. I wish it wasn't so, but that is the reality and I have to face it.
there's heaven and hell.
When you die - you'll b suprised that you keep on living.

Better use ur "complex brain" to research this things now - while u still got time.
Re: Does Atheist Believe In Reincarnation? by Ukutsgp(m): 10:23am On Sep 30, 2014
qstar:

bla blah blah
that's d truth

(1) (Reply)

False Mainstream Doctrines Exposed / Vaccination Is A Devilish Practice» Watchtowers Golden Age / What Happened To The House Jehovahs Witnesses Built For The Dead Patraichs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.