Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Governor Fashola And The Muslims Of Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Fashola And The Muslims Of Lagos (1587 Views)

Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) / Fashola And Ambode Throw Souvenirs At People At Alimosho / Gov.Fashola And Ambode Dancing Dorobucci(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Fashola And The Muslims Of Lagos by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 30, 2014
GOVERNOR FASHOLA AND THE MUSLIMS OF LAGOS

Each time I read stories relating to some policies of the Lagos State government, I feel disgusted. Under the Governor Babatunde Fashola administration, it's been a kill-joy for Muslims. This governor has always found ways to make things difficult for Muslims. My Christian friends had always said he's a staunch Redeemer though he answer Raji for political gains.

Earlier in his administration, he brought the coroner's law, then the Cremation law. Along the line, he ordered and effected the demolishion of mosques state-wide. Then he came up with the ban on religious activities in public schools. We are not quick to forget the victimisation of Muslim sisters because they made the choice of cover their bodies in obedience to Allah. The list is endless.

The government keeps coming up with more and more horrendous policies aimed at inconvienenting Muslims. Now, there's a ban placed on the sale or display of rams by the roadside is still in full force. Was Fashola with his ilk expecting rams to be displayed in offices now? Has he provided new places for people to be selling the rams? What has he done regarding the free moving livestock that unnecessarily block traffic movement on the streets. At least, this government should consider that the ram sellers are organised set of people and in the spirit of the sallah allow them to do their trade.

I read that the government stated that '...the Id el Kabir Festival should not be taken as a licence to contravene the street trading and environmental sanitation laws.' Why is it now that they remember there's a law against street trading? As per environmental sanitation, ba damua! But to make matters worse, through his commissioner for environment, Tunji Bello, the Fashola administration identified some 'illegal ram markets' which ordinarily are major ram markets in the state. Those familiar the Islamic festive season in Lagos State know that points where most ram buyers get rams include; the Agege Motor Road, Ilupeju junction Rail line, Ijora, Suru-Lere, Abeokuta Motor Road, Costain, Egbeda, Alaba, Okokomaiko, Olumegbon, Suenu and Gbaja areas in the state.

We are all in support of the efforts at building the Mega City of Lagos but wouldn't accept some obnoxious policies aimed at making life difficult for us Muslims. Let the government know that this is the last time we would be hoodwinked into supporting a secret-Christian claiming to be Muslim as governor. At least, if we're voting for a Christian, we should know we're voting for one.
Re: Governor Fashola And The Muslims Of Lagos by SirHouloo(m): 8:39am On Sep 30, 2014
Mr religious fanatic... Can't you think straight with a global mentality instead being shallow minded?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Fashola And The Muslims Of Lagos by yomexp(m): 8:54am On Sep 30, 2014
OP! you be BokoHaram.
Re: Governor Fashola And The Muslims Of Lagos by lekkie073(m): 8:57am On Sep 30, 2014
op.....e be like say u wan display rams for sale? can u post the pix of ur rams here on naira land? cool

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola And The Muslims Of Lagos by chimajii: 9:02am On Sep 30, 2014
Re: Governor Fashola And The Muslims Of Lagos by BOAR: 9:10am On Sep 30, 2014
Some fools though.

Christians will question this man as a Muslim, here is a Muslim questioning him if he is a muslim.

If I have my way, islam and Christianity should be ban in Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Fashola And The Muslims Of Lagos by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:23am On Sep 30, 2014
If Fashola turns out to be a christian, as the OP said his friend said, I will be happy. Not because I hate muslims (read my history here for proof), but because he could become the vice presidential candidate of APC; thereby allaying the fear of muslim/muslim ticket in 2015.

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola And The Muslims Of Lagos by anonimi: 9:31am On Sep 30, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: If Fashola turns out to be a christian, as the OP said his friend said, I will be happy. Not because I hate muslims (read my history here for proof), but because he could become the vice presidential candidate of APC; thereby allaying the fear of muslim/muslim ticket in 2015.

Why do you guys like to embark on wishful thinking trips.
Fashola is a certified Muslim and Alhaji who goes to Mecca TWICE (Lesser Hajj and Hajj) a year with Lagos tax payers' money =>

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola SAN (left), Speaker, House of Representatives, Alhaji Aminu Waziri Tambuwal (middle) and the President, Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote (right) during the 2014 Lesser Hajj (Umrah) in Mecca on Tuesday, July 29, 2014.

Source: http://encomium.ng/gov-fashola-hon-tambuwal-and-alh-dangote-during-lesser-hajj-in-saudi-arabia/

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola And The Muslims Of Lagos by asadike(f): 9:37am On Sep 30, 2014
Fashola,a christian? Wetin person no go see 4 nairaland? Oya praise jehovah! grin

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola And The Muslims Of Lagos by omenka(m): 9:48am On Sep 30, 2014
Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Atheist, it is irrelevant!! Keep religious politicking out of Lagos State!! angry

3 Likes

Re: Governor Fashola And The Muslims Of Lagos by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:48am On Sep 30, 2014
anonimi:

Why do you guys like to embark on wishful thinking trips.
Fashola is a certified Muslim and Alhaji who goes to Mecca TWICE (Lesser Hajj and Hajj) a year with Lagos tax payers' money =>

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola SAN (left), Speaker, House of Representatives, Alhaji Aminu Waziri Tambuwal (middle) and the President, Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote (right) during the 2014 Lesser Hajj (Umrah) in Mecca on Tuesday, July 29, 2014.

Source: http://encomium.ng/gov-fashola-hon-tambuwal-and-alh-dangote-during-lesser-hajj-in-saudi-arabia/
I've always noticed your moves, you won't succeed. You and I know what I mean. Don't even try quoting me, you won't get a reply.

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola And The Muslims Of Lagos by anonimi: 10:02am On Sep 30, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
I've always noticed your moves, you won't succeed. You and I know what I mean. Don't even try quoting me, you won't get a reply.

You say someone is a Christian I show you proof that he is a Muslim then you start singing keneri about moves and success.
Rather than refuting what I said with better proof.

Na wah for una Arewa People's Congress, APC sympathisers oh shocked

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola And The Muslims Of Lagos by omolizzy(f): 10:10am On Sep 30, 2014
Nigeia is getting more interesting
Re: Governor Fashola And The Muslims Of Lagos by oyecuteez(m): 11:15am On Sep 30, 2014
@OP ... Are u born during mesopotamia era? .... Watz ur problem wt a progressive? .... I remember wen he said churches shld nt fix mega fones outside so as to avoid noise pollution. U didn't write an epistle then. Now! U want d shit of ram to litter everywhr in lagos jst because u want to sell ur papa's ram (av u forgotten I know u very well) ... Pls stick by d rule and regulation of d governor, many oda SW states wish to be lik lagos especially wt d level of sanitation ..... My dear broda, stop crying a river just because his rule doesn't favour ur backward thing. Why attaching religious undertone to every little thing. ... If U r nt satisfied, just carry ur ram go 3rd mainland bridge and begin dey sell. Ram selling is now an issue in my dear country? .... Be a deep thinker please!

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola And The Muslims Of Lagos by olapluto(m): 11:24am On Sep 30, 2014
This is how you know a working governor. He is not sparing any religion. I have read many times here how Christians (especially those from the East) accuse Fashola of victimising Chrisitians in the state. The make examples of The Chosen church, ban on loud speakers, etc.
As a Muslim, I am very proud of Fashola. If a government is to serve the people, it must make sure it looks away from religious fanatics and concentrate on the reasonable populace.
@Op, of all the things you've mentioned, only the ijab makes sense, and Fashola NEVER banned the ijab. Overzealous (fanatic) Christians school heads tried to do such, and the issue is in court.
How does banning road side sale of ram reduce Islam's glory?

1 Like

Re: Governor Fashola And The Muslims Of Lagos by iamodenigbo1(m): 11:37am On Sep 30, 2014
pele
Re: Governor Fashola And The Muslims Of Lagos by thewarrior72: 11:41am On Sep 30, 2014
Na this type of thread I dey like....spreadsheet, picks the pen & ready to hit the op hard. Let any muslim mention Christian in this thread again & see what will happen in this board cry embarassed sad

(1) (Reply)

Dr Uchechukwu Sampson Ogah - Come and Save Abia State / Goodluck Jonathan Trying To Get Reelected By Blaming US For Boko Haram- FP / Fayose To Oshiomhole: "Go And Die" Governor Should Keep Shut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.