Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Message To All Those Yeye Graduate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Message To All Those Yeye Graduate (1036 Views)

Yeye De Smell, The Vice President Elect Declared Missing / Jonathan's Message to Nigerians on New Year & New Century Of Amalgamation / A Bunch Of Good, Strong Presidents For Some Yeye Noisemakers. Lol! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Message To All Those Yeye Graduate by bilms(m): 8:16am On Sep 30, 2014
Naraating his true life story, Hamid Abdulmalik Al-Hassan wrote:

He walked into an Internet cafe and asked for the manager's office. He was show the way. He walked gracefully towards the office, knocked and he was asked to come in.

"What can I do for you?", the manager asked. "I would like to be your errand boy", was his reply. "I will keep your cafe as well as your office clean, make you tea and or coffee whenever you need and will be at your disposal anytime you need someone to go wash your car, clean your house or anything chores needed to be done."

"You mean you want to be my office boy?", the manager asked. "Yes sir, if that is what you call it.", was his reply.

He was granted the job. Hours turned into days, and days turned into weeks. Apart from being the "office boy", he would help customers having technical problems with their computers or help them data mine information they are looking for to use in their researches, some of them being lecturers in the University.

Then the cafe had a network problem, he solved it before anyone could wink. The manager, one morning called him to his office. "When and where did you learn how to fix computers, perform data mining and so on?", he asked. "I am a graduate of Information Technology", was his reply. The manager took a deep breath and said, "I have been planning to expand my business, but never found the right person to help. I am openning up a new office tomorrow and would like you to be my partner as well as my manager in that branch, my lawyer will get the contract ready by the end of the day. If you can drive, pick from any of the cars outside. I will deal with other things like better accommodation and whatever needed after tomorrow. That will be all."

"Thank you sir", was his reply. "No, thank you" was his bosses reply. He walked out speechless, dumb founded and any word used to describe a confused entity. "One last thing", his boss called back at him. "Can I ask you a question?", asked his boss. "Of course sir", he replied. His boss took a deep breath, "Why did you choose to be an errand boy instead of seeking for a job as a professional Information Technology expert?", he asked. He took a deep breath, and smiled, "Sir, humility is the gate way to might and greatness".

To all those yeye graduate sitting on their patched trousers, running from one office to another with photo copies of their credentials for the past five years, I am dedicating this one to you.

May Allah give us the ability to bow our heads in humility.

3 Likes

Re: Message To All Those Yeye Graduate by marieolae(f): 8:21am On Sep 30, 2014
This is a nice story but its very unrealistic.

1 Like

Re: Message To All Those Yeye Graduate by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 30, 2014
marieolae: This is a nice story but its very unrealistic.

I tell you
Re: Message To All Those Yeye Graduate by bilms(m): 8:32am On Sep 30, 2014
Thats a true life story
Re: Message To All Those Yeye Graduate by eph12(m): 8:37am On Sep 30, 2014
Am expected to believe this? I don suffer
Re: Message To All Those Yeye Graduate by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 30, 2014
Different
strokes for different folks..Destiny's are different..He was destined
to make it that way,it might not work for everyone.
He met someone who is merciful and considerate,which is rare this days.

Don't call it pride when graduates go for the main thing,someone else might try that and remain an errandboy for life.

2 Likes

Re: Message To All Those Yeye Graduate by Danhumprey: 8:43am On Sep 30, 2014
The 'story' na true o!

1 Like

Re: Message To All Those Yeye Graduate by koboko66: 9:06am On Sep 30, 2014
Rubbish.......!
Re: Message To All Those Yeye Graduate by kagari: 9:24am On Sep 30, 2014
Sister It is not about the story but the message, humility really pays
Re: Message To All Those Yeye Graduate by camouflage(f): 10:00am On Sep 30, 2014
SEASON 1
Re: Message To All Those Yeye Graduate by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:03am On Sep 30, 2014
What if the boss had no intention of opening another branch?
Will he work for years or will his boss die and will the cafe to him?

Its dumb, really
Re: Message To All Those Yeye Graduate by bilms(m): 1:27pm On Sep 30, 2014
hum
Re: Message To All Those Yeye Graduate by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 30, 2014
bilms:
May Allah give us the ability to bow our heads in humility.
Yeye Op, some people has been in this kinda bondage for the past 20years w'out breakthrough !! Know your worth and go for it !!
Re: Message To All Those Yeye Graduate by Ghost01(m): 2:50pm On Sep 30, 2014
@OP, Sango said to tell you that he got your message.
Re: Message To All Those Yeye Graduate by Jmain: 3:00pm On Sep 30, 2014
Super Story . .

Re: Message To All Those Yeye Graduate by joseph1832(m): 3:12pm On Sep 30, 2014
Says you madam!. This is something I can testify to, something of this sort has happened to me.
Re: Message To All Those Yeye Graduate by mumumugu(m): 3:54pm On Sep 30, 2014
true, jesus a king was born in a stable-humility

(1) (Reply)

'Nigeria's Households Need 60,000 Megawatts For Regular Power Supply' / Barbara Bowman Sounds Like A Kept Lady / APC Promised Atiku Refund For His Dollars After Buhari Is Elected...!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.