Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,162 members, 7,957,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:07 AM

Adamawa APC Guber Candidate Still PDP Member – Senator Ahmed Barata - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamawa APC Guber Candidate Still PDP Member – Senator Ahmed Barata (1030 Views)

Senator Hassan Barata Detained In Saudi Arabia After False Claims / Senator Ahmed Zanna Is Dead / BREAKING NEWS-- 10 Adamawa APC Exco Members Defect To PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adamawa APC Guber Candidate Still PDP Member – Senator Ahmed Barata by miqos02(m): 11:01am On Sep 30, 2014
Senator Ahmed Barata, who represents Adamawa South in the Senate, who recently announced his return to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) from the All Progressives Congress (APC) has accused his colleague, Bindow Jibrilla, a gubernatorial candidate of APC of still been a PDP member.

Barata, who contested APC primaries with Bindow, told newsmen in Shelleng, his home local government area, that both of them were PDP members, as they did not follow the due process required by law for a lawmaker to defect to another party apart from the party that voted him into the Senate.

Barata explained that it was based on that, that he announced his reaffirmation as a member of the PDP on the floor of the Senate.

“If you observed me on the floor of the Senate, what I did was to reaffirmed my position because the Electoral Act said a member cannot defect from his party through his ward, local government or state”, Barata said.

He said a lawmaker could only defect by standing on the floor of the House to formally announce his defection for it to be formally captured in the votes and proceedings of the House.

“This is why my colleague in APC, who is gubernatorial candidate, will find it difficult because up till this, moment he has not declared formally on the floor of the House.

“If you have observed during the PDP governorship primaries, my name and that of Bindow are listed as delegates of PDP”, Barata said.

Barata, who was part of the dignitaries that spoke at PDP governorship campaign rally in Shelleng, said his commitment for now was to ensure that the party candidate who is the state acting Governor, Ahmadu Fintiri, emerges victorious at the October 11 by-election.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/09/adamawa-apc-guber-candidate-still-pdp-member-lawmaker/
Re: Adamawa APC Guber Candidate Still PDP Member – Senator Ahmed Barata by MisterLongman(m): 11:13am On Sep 30, 2014
So you just realised that you both did not follow due process after losing the primary to him....... Cry me a river

1 Like

Re: Adamawa APC Guber Candidate Still PDP Member – Senator Ahmed Barata by miqos02(m): 11:35am On Sep 30, 2014
MisterLongman: So you just realised that you both did not follow due process after losing the primary to him....... Cry me a river
nigerian politicians will not cease to suprise us
Re: Adamawa APC Guber Candidate Still PDP Member – Senator Ahmed Barata by T4taiwo(m): 11:53am On Sep 30, 2014
Nigeria
Re: Adamawa APC Guber Candidate Still PDP Member – Senator Ahmed Barata by kokoA(m): 12:01pm On Sep 30, 2014
Bad loser.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa APC Guber Candidate Still PDP Member – Senator Ahmed Barata by worthytalk: 12:12pm On Sep 30, 2014
Adamawa guber election: PDP vs PDP, according to one Berata.
Re: Adamawa APC Guber Candidate Still PDP Member – Senator Ahmed Barata by donphilopus: 12:14pm On Sep 30, 2014
kokoA: Bad loser.
Re: Adamawa APC Guber Candidate Still PDP Member – Senator Ahmed Barata by kokoA(m): 12:30pm On Sep 30, 2014
[quote author=donphilopus][/quote] Thankyou.
Re: Adamawa APC Guber Candidate Still PDP Member – Senator Ahmed Barata by DebateNigeria: 12:52pm On Sep 30, 2014
worthytalk: Adamawa guber election: PDP vs PDP, according to one Berata.

On point

(1) (Reply)

MIMIKO: Changing Colours of LP Secretariat Reflect Its Death In Ondo State / How Death Almost Kidnapped My Dream At 10 - Wole Soyinka / Alam's Son:jonathan's Govt Is Insincere -keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.