Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Do You Still Buy Shares? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Do You Still Buy Shares? (1813 Views)

Can I Buy Shares With 5,000? / Getting Loan To Buy Shares (advice Needed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Still Buy Shares? by AdimGreat(f): 1:22pm On Sep 30, 2014
I heard Transcorp Hilton announce the sale of their Shares. I don't know how but as soon as the advert for the sale was made I just realized that I don't have any form of investment.
I don't earn much (for now), but I really want to invest on something no matter how small. I can't continue chopping my salary like that cheesy

So, I'm considering investing in Shares and I need the advice of the investment gurus/financial experts here.

Do you still buy shares?
How reliable are investments in shares in this present day economy?
Are there some companies you'd advice one to buy or not buy shares from?
Re: Do You Still Buy Shares? by ernie4life(m): 6:44pm On Sep 30, 2014
it depends on your risk appetite, stocks have high risk potential like wise the also have high potential yields,

if your appetite for risk is low and you need a capital preservation investment, then u should opt for mutual funds, there are over 30 mutual funds in nigeria, invest in any reliable one
Re: Do You Still Buy Shares? by victor08(m): 7:10pm On Sep 30, 2014
You better run away from Transcorp as their former shares flopped and led to many shareholders losing their money and with the way Nigeria is now; same thing can still happen and everybody will go home crying.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Buy Shares? by ernie4life(m): 4:11am On Oct 01, 2014
victor08: You better run away from Transcorp as their former shares flopped and led to many shareholders losing their money and with the way Nigeria is now; same thing can still happen and everybody will go home crying.

a thousand likes for this

I personally believe that Transcorp shares are over priced, meaning after the IPO it will fall drastically. invest wisely
Re: Do You Still Buy Shares? by webizone(m): 6:56am On Oct 01, 2014
Well Adimgreat, don't buy a stock now. The market is rather choppy at the moment so for me am going Forex right now.
Hints:
1. Mind our currency! We have a bullish naira with bearish stocks situation.

2. An IPO is when you just buy a company's stock into the market. It doesn't always mean a buying point. Wait till the market gives the correct price or undervalue it, then you can buy.

3. When you join a mutual fund, you are just obtaining a salary from a company that may be a retailer in the market. Why not study the market yourself and be a wholesaler every time?

Ask prembrew and maybaker (which are good stocks today) how far.
Re: Do You Still Buy Shares? by AdimGreat(f): 5:45pm On Oct 01, 2014
Thnx guys for your contributions.
I guess I have to reconsider now.

Please what other form of investment, apart from starting a biz, would you recommend for someone with small cash (less than 50k)?
Re: Do You Still Buy Shares? by carpenter(m): 1:19pm On Oct 02, 2014
AdimGreat: Thnx guys for your contributions.
Please what other form of investment, apart from starting a biz, would you recommend for someone with small cash (less than 50k)?

Do you have an emergency fund (savings). If you don't, please save the 50k somewhere. If you do, invest in one of the numerous Mutual Funds.

cheers
Re: Do You Still Buy Shares? by BermudaTriangle(m): 7:46pm On Oct 02, 2014
carpenter:

Do you have an emergency fund (savings). If you don't, please save the 50k somewhere. If you do, invest in one of the numerous Mutual Funds.

cheers

1) Please how does one get to know the mutual funds ?
2) What about govt. securities ? How accessible and profitable are they plus the procedure to buy ? Thanks.
Re: Do You Still Buy Shares? by AdimGreat(f): 3:37pm On Oct 03, 2014
BermudaTriangle:

2) What about govt. securities ? How accessible and profitable are they plus the procedure to buy ? Thanks.
Re: Do You Still Buy Shares? by phemmie06(m): 12:27pm On Oct 04, 2014
AdimGreat:
I heard Transcorp Hilton announce the sale of their Shares. I don't know how but as soon as the advert for the sale was made I just realized that I don't have any form of investment.
I don't earn much (for now), but I really want to invest on something no matter how small. I can't continue chopping my salary like that cheesy

So, I'm considering investing in Shares and I need the advice of the investment gurus/financial experts here.

Do you still buy shares?
How reliable are investments in shares in this present day economy?
Are there some companies you'd advice one to buy or not buy shares from?
THP is not the only stock on the exchange, if you can do your due diligence you can still swim along with the big boys. Check this out on investment education on shares www.nairaland.com/1131485/nigerian-stock-exchange-market-pick
Re: Do You Still Buy Shares? by victor08(m): 8:22pm On Oct 04, 2014
AdimGreat:
Thnx guys for your contributions.

Why not consider buying some nice hair attachments with N50K and sell to females, church members, friends, neighbors, colleagues- You can make N500 profit from each if you buy from wholesalers and within 2months you have turned your money around made decent profit you will never make with shares in 1year. Every woman wants to look beautiful and the product is not perishable.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Buy Shares? by mindtricks: 10:49pm On Oct 06, 2014
victor08:

Why not consider buying some nice hair attachments with N50K and sell to females, church members, friends, neighbors, colleagues- You can make N500 profit from each if you buy from wholesalers and within 2months you have turned your money around made decent profit you will never make with shares in 1year. Every woman wants to look beautiful and the product is not perishable.

Hmm! Honest opinions pouring in here and there. These ideas are great, but am sure none is actually as simple as that.

Op, you certianly will have to go into the details of whatever option you finally choose. Having someone provide such details does not come that easy. Personal research will help too.
Wishing you the best.
Re: Do You Still Buy Shares? by TopDown: 10:12am On Feb 06, 2015
Of course you can still make good money trading shares. Like any commodity, learn to identify when its cheap and buy; sell when it's higher. You could tell through years and months of history. For serious guide, visit:

www.stockmoneyz..com

Research and implement.

Remain blessed.
Re: Do You Still Buy Shares? by lekhane(m): 10:54am On Feb 06, 2015
I am a financial consultant with one of the leading banks in the country, I can help you manage your savings while you invest at the same time. pm me if interested
Re: Do You Still Buy Shares? by carpenter(m): 12:08pm On Feb 07, 2015
read all here https://www.nairaland.com/1912965/mutual-funds...sorry just getting to this

BermudaTriangle:

Re: Do You Still Buy Shares? by jom28gy(m): 7:04am On Jul 28, 2020
ernie4life:
it depends on your risk appetite, stocks have high risk potential like wise the also have high potential yields,

if your appetite for risk is low and you need a capital preservation investment, then u should opt for mutual funds, there are over 30 mutual funds in nigeria, invest in any reliable one
which one is mutual fund

(1) (Reply)

Invest With #3,000 And Get Upto #30,000 Monthly / Sure Business Proposal, Who Wanna Invest? / Fxtm Copy Trade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.