Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,048 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Seek For President After Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Seek For President After Jonathan (553 Views)

I Will Rather Die In Jail Than For Ohaneze Ndigbo To Claim Credit... Nnamdi Kanu / Kachikwu Unseated As OPEC President After 2 Days / FG Names Abuja Streets After Jonathan, Sambo, Atiku, 185 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Seek For President After Jonathan by MisterLongman(m): 2:50pm On Sep 30, 2014
Vanguardngr:
Ohaneze Ndigbo vows to seek for president after
Jonathan

Awka- THE much- publicized Igbo Day organized by Ohaneze
Ndigbo Worldwide took place in Awka, Anambra State
yesterday, with politicians, including all the governors,
ministers, state and national assembly members from Igbo –
speaking states conspicuously absent at the ceremony.
The secretary to the Anambra State government, Mr. Oseloka
Obaze was the only top government official present at the
ceremony, though there were some traditional rulers from
Anambra, Imo, Abia, Enugu and Ebonyi states, as well as some
women groups and Igbos in Diaspora.
Also, the Ijaw National Congress and Arewa Consultative
Forum sent delegations to the ceremony and pledged to
continue to build bridges of unity with Ndigbo.
At the event the apex Igbo body stated that for equity and
justice, Ndigbo will seek the office of president of Nigeria at
the expiration of the tenure of President Goodluck Jonathan in
line with its position on the issue in 2010.
National president of Ohaneze Ndigbo, Chief Gary Igarewei, in
his speech reminded Igbos that there is nothing like home,
urging Igbos residing in other parts of the country to invest in
their home states as that is the surest investment they can fall
back on in the event of crisis.
Speaking on the theme, ‘Sojourner remember Igbo land’,
Igarewey said the suggestion became necessary because of
the unfolding events in the country.
He said: “Our central theme revolves around an issue that has
generated many different shades of opinions, controversies
and commentaries, which is the impressive demand for our
people to repatriate their working wealth and invest it at
home.
“Our call is not in any shape of form the product of
parochialism or sentimentalism or informed by a hatred of
one united Nigeria. It is an action, which if heeded, shall even
go a long way in sustaining the fragile fabric of a united and
virile Federal Republic.
“The specter of being landlord in Lagos, Abuja or Kano, but
reside in hotels in Enugu, Awka or Owerri is shocking,
ludicrous and contrary to all logical considerations.”
He said that suggestions which claim that the primary
motivations of those who invest massively outside Igboland
are lack of security and good market environment were no
longer tenable, arguing that the security situation in Igbo land
has greatly improved.
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/ohaneze-ndigbo-vows-seek-president-jonathan/
Re: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Seek For President After Jonathan by Gbolask24(m): 2:56pm On Sep 30, 2014
Whose business is this for christ sake?. abeg did anybody help me see my Blackberry charger ?

*Tech News and online money making>> www..com *
Re: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Seek For President After Jonathan by olodoowoh: 3:03pm On Sep 30, 2014
Gbolask24: Whose business is this for christ sake?. abeg did anybody help me see my Blackberry charger ?
have you checked blackberry appworld?
Re: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Seek For President After Jonathan by Gbolask24(m): 3:08pm On Sep 30, 2014
olodoowoh: have you checked blackberry appworld?
No I avnt, I will check it
Re: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Seek For President After Jonathan by Raiders: 3:11pm On Sep 30, 2014
What has GEJ done done for the average igbo man on the street that would make ohaneze ndigbo support him? This people are just bunch of fools that don't have the interest of the Igbo
Re: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Seek For President After Jonathan by olodoowoh: 3:15pm On Sep 30, 2014
Raiders: What has GEJ done done for the average igbo man on the street that would make ohaneze ndigbo support him? This people are just bunch of fools that don't have the interest of the Igbo
do you expect GEJ to be sharing cash to every igbo man on the street? And besides, GEJ is the president of nigeria and not president of Ndigbo.
Re: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Seek For President After Jonathan by pentagonal: 3:15pm On Sep 30, 2014
and we will be ready to vote them in. ........dreamers........
Re: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Seek For President After Jonathan by Raiders: 3:18pm On Sep 30, 2014
olodoowoh: do you expect GEJ to be sharing cash to every igbo man on the street? And besides, GEJ is the president of nigeria and not president of Ndigbo.
since GEJ has not share money to every Igbo man on the street. Could you please tell me what GEJ has done for the average igbo man on the street?
Re: Ohaneze Ndigbo Vows To Seek For President After Jonathan by olodoowoh: 3:21pm On Sep 30, 2014
Raiders: since GEJ has not share money to every Igbo man on the street. Could you please tell me what GEJ has done for the average igbo man on the street?
don't ask me what GEJ has done for the average igbo on the street, the question sounds stoopid rather ask me what GEJ has done for igbo tribe.

(1) (Reply)

On The Presidential Address To The Nation / Boko Haram Leader Shekauappears In New Video, Says Heis Alive Saharareporters / Cancer-battling Father Of British Hostage Makes Heartbreaking Plea For His Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.