Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Ekiti Crises: Open Letter To Fayemi And Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Crises: Open Letter To Fayemi And Fayose (532 Views)

Kayode Fayemi And His Friends In Their Youthful Days / Buhari Introduces His Grandchildren To Fayemi, Amaechi (Photo) / Dr. Kayode Fayemi And Emir Of Kano Sanusi Pictured Together At Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Crises: Open Letter To Fayemi And Fayose by ICONgold(m): 4:46pm On Sep 30, 2014
Let me seize this ampute oppurtunity to congratulate you both. First, I congratulate HE Kayode Fayemi for a successful tenure of 4years becoming the second executive governor after Otunba Adeniyi Adebayo to have successfully completed your four years tenure. I also wish to congratulate HE Ayodele Fayose for a sound victory at the poll, winning the trust of Ekiti people again to govern them indicates the people's genuine love for you.

I have watched with keen interest the recent occurence in my dear state and I wish, I write you this letter so that both of you can vix things where the need be. I watched on TV your parties accusations and counter accusations too and I cannot but always feel your lack of respect for the dignity of the common Ekiti man working hard on his piece of farm who has now being link-named "tifunloran" (For food only). I wish to quickly remind you both, that Ekiti State has over 3million population and both of you above all others have being privilege to govern the state, you should know that we have more brilliant people, more qualified servants, more patrotic, more wealthy people in the state before we considered you both, now that you have the luxury of everything at the expense of our taxes and suffering tax payers, we'll not be asking too much if we ask not to be disturbed by your greed when we are soaking our Garri, eating our pounded yam with emu funfun (Palm Wine). We are tired of making the headlines for killings, riot and crises on regular basis as a result of your determinations to hold unto power. Worst still, some of the co-sojourners in your parochial clan will even go about tarnishing the image of our people and dear state for daring to see things in a different direction from yours. Is this how to pay us back?.

Killings of innocent citizens of the state could never be justified by any defence any of you may put up. If you kill us all, who will then govern next?. Now an average Ekiti boy walking on the street of Lagos is considered a stomach infrastructured oriented person, even people who has no record of genuine independence in choosing their leaders now open their dirty mouth to insult us courtesy of how you have sold us cheap to them. Well we may not have the power to avenge for ourselves now but we'll be waiting till your children will beg for our franchise again.

Before I stop, I wish to remind you both that now I cannot watch my champions league again by 9pm, I cannot hangout with friends at my night palm wine joint at 8pm and I cannot do my 5am morning jog again due to your own special way of saying thank you to Ekiti people who voted you both. We can't fight you, Yes we know, but we are sure God will fight for us. Our commonwealth you have all enjoyed will fight for us.

As I drop my pen, I know after reading this one or both of you may start targeting me also, I wish you goodluck in hunting and hurting me, you can kill my body but you cannot kill the truth I have said. I wish both of you good luck and wish Ekiti State peace at this crucial and tense time.

Olawale Kadri,
Writes from Ado Ekiti.

Re: Ekiti Crises: Open Letter To Fayemi And Fayose by gymer(m): 6:07pm On Sep 30, 2014
Fagbemi should for the sake of peace allow the mandate of Ekiti people to stand.
Re: Ekiti Crises: Open Letter To Fayemi And Fayose by KennyElish: 6:17pm On Sep 30, 2014
Ori Abare a gbe oo. you will also agree with me that the state, in the past 3 years, have enjoyed relative peace and experienced development in all spheres of live... my appeal therefore goes to the gov. elect Fayose should think about the peace loving people of that state and stop putting "Ile iyi, ile eye" in bad light. Ilu ria mo a daru oo.

(1) (Reply)

Three Boko Haram Members Sentenced To 25 Years Each / Please Be Honest, Do We Really Have Any Thing To Celebrate After 54 Years? / Mark, Mu’azu, Daniel Beg Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.