Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? (14129 Views)

How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? / How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? / Why We Choose OJEZ To Manage Railway Guest House – MD, Nigeria Railway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by bbride484(f): 2:44am On Nov 24, 2021
I just can't sleep. It's been like this for a while now.
Had to create this account to post this.

My wedding is few weeks from now and it's been very difficult for me to manage the pressure.
Too many things to be done.
And many, still undone.

Pls, share..
How did you handle the pressure? Especially, when you both are trying to make it low key, but family members (bride's family in particular) aren't letting you, Yet, all the expenses is on you.

Is like we're going to do something too big in our lives and we're too under pressure not to disappoint people.

16 Likes

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by anthonyuncle(m): 3:41am On Nov 24, 2021
delegate someone or a friend to oversee the preparations

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by GogetterMD(m): 5:26am On Nov 24, 2021
anthonyuncle:
Be careful though, because this strategy might end in tears sometimes

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by GboyegaD(m): 5:28am On Nov 24, 2021
In our case, we tried managing things the way we could. We were not expecting many guest since I told my family I only expect them and their immediate family members. Only one cousin and aunt attended. Besides, we had the finance so all we had to do was make payment

The only stress was my wife's pastor. The church acted as though they were god and at some point my wife almost broke down a I want willing to give in to church's manipulations. At the end, I have in the best way I could.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by LordIsaac(m): 5:49am On Nov 24, 2021
I told myself, it shall come to pass...and it did.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by bbride484(f): 8:13am On Nov 24, 2021
GboyegaD:
In our case, we tried managing things the way we could. We were not expecting many guest since I told my family I only expect them and their immediate family members. Only one cousin and aunt attended. Besides, we had the finance so all we had to do was make payment

The only stress was my wife's pastor. The church acted as though they were god and at some point my wife almost broke down a I want willing to give in to church's manipulations. At the end, I have in the best way I could.
Yours is better, your family members adhere to your instructions.

We printed just 50 cards, but my mum in particular has invited everybody she knows verbally.
Just few people, they keep inviting.

The church on the other hand is something else. They've told us what we should buy for the church. It's very expensive. Every side is just choking.

8 Likes

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by bbride484(f): 8:16am On Nov 24, 2021
anthonyuncle:
some of my cousins are helping in this aspect though. Just that the bill they come up with, is high.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Swinger60(f): 8:54am On Nov 24, 2021
bbride484:

My wedding is few weeks from now and it's been very difficult for me to manage the pressure.
And many, still undone.

Pls, share..
How did you handle the pressure? Especially, when you both are trying to make it low key, but family members (bride's family in particular) aren't letting you, Yet, all the expenses is on you.

Is like we're going to do something too big in our lives and we're too under pressure not to disappoint people.

First most important thing, you and hubby should make a budget/List of what you intend to spend and resolve that no matter what comes you both will never go above your budget.

second, list down all that needs to be done, and, start taking it one after the other, making payments and bookings for your day. Shikena.!!

Don't worry, that day is already blessed..

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by GboyegaD(m): 1:34pm On Nov 24, 2021
bbride484:

Yours is better, your family members adhere to your instructions.

We printed just 50 cards, but my mum in particular has invited everybody she knows verbally.
Just few people, they keep inviting.

The church on the other hand is something else. They've told us what we should buy for the church. It's very expensive. Every side is just choking.

My parents will have to avoid by my visions because it is my wedding. That was how I was raised perhaps that helped. On my wife's side, the brought a little more than was invited although the parents later apologized.

As for the church, they requested nothing except trying to pry into our lives. I had to meet with the marriage committee twice which was uncalled for. They were giving unsolicited advice. I declined counseling and instead we chose a pastor we both felt was pragmatic enough for counseling and he conducted it for us virtually.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Ezedon(m): 3:48pm On Nov 24, 2021
It's not an easy task

1 Like

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Getdabag: 3:48pm On Nov 24, 2021
Postpone it if you can't meet up shikena
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by ChizzyBuna(m): 3:49pm On Nov 24, 2021
Op if you like spend 30 million USA American Dollars for your wedding.

That will not change the fact that your wife will not cheat

That is why I have baby mama
Because at the end of the day
Adam and Eve no do wedding
Mary and Joseph no do wedding
Moses and Miriam no do wedding
Abraham no do wedding

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Omniman(m): 3:50pm On Nov 24, 2021
cool
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Trustedpronet: 3:50pm On Nov 24, 2021
I decide not to remember
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by asobo1: 3:50pm On Nov 24, 2021
bbride484:

And many, still undone.

Pls, share..

With the high cost of goods and services, it's not easy at all for those planning wedding but op you can't kill yourself to please anyone. If for instance, for traditional you had budgeted a given amount for soft drink, I will advise you cut it down to one-third soft drink and two-third bottle water. It will amaze you the amount of money you will save to channel to other purposes.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Muyiwaipere(m): 3:50pm On Nov 24, 2021
I never even get girlfriend talk less of engagement before we talk about marriage preparations... But you see @shokoloko...that lady dey my eyes she's just my spec

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by bikefab(m): 3:51pm On Nov 24, 2021
Do everything you can and take a deserved rest. You don't want to be looking like a drenched vulture on your big day. All things will turn out well.

9 Likes

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Stanweezy(m): 3:51pm On Nov 24, 2021
U guys are scaring intended couples from getting married with this weird view of marriage

16 Likes

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by ecomalchemist(m): 3:51pm On Nov 24, 2021
Na who get money dey prepare for wedding

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by otokx(m): 3:51pm On Nov 24, 2021
It is a terrible thing, had great friends who were ready to fight, when you settle this one, another one will come up, settle it another one will come up, ahn ahn. The Nigerian poor mentality is embedded inside the culture.
Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by RedChiefPriest: 3:51pm On Nov 24, 2021
You want big wedding dear? Then you have to take care half of the expenses
We do it 50/50
Na both of us kuku get the wedding,no be only me
No be me go broke to impress one bride's family.

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by JavaScript90: 3:51pm On Nov 24, 2021
This does not concern me. I am not marrying soon. Economy too hard abeg.
If you are not marrying anytime soon abeg gather here
Hello, I am a fullstack web developer. I develop all types of website. I major in developing complex custom website and mobile apps for businesses and startups. If you have an idea and need a competent programmer to translate your idea into codes, I am the right man for the job.
I also have a nice real estate website for sale specially designed for the Nigerian market
Click my username to see my WhatsApp number on my profile

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Sonoyom(m): 3:51pm On Nov 24, 2021
Marriage that used to be smooth and easy back in the days cry

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by ikorodureporta: 3:52pm On Nov 24, 2021
Just get pregnant before marriage

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Grace001: 3:52pm On Nov 24, 2021

Don’t bow to any pressure especially when you remember the bold “All expenses are on you” let them bring all their good ideas but stick to your moderate plans.

No go do pass yourself because of pressure and put yourself inside debts after marriage. Marriage will come and go but if you go do pass yourself and put yourself into debts or reckless spending, only you will bear the consequences and it always affect new wedded couples.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by iCauseTrouble: 3:52pm On Nov 24, 2021
Where is the venue?
You have not invited nairalanders grin

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by INTEGRITYA1(m): 3:53pm On Nov 24, 2021
The best way to manage the pressure is not to do pass your means, irrespective of who are those that are mounting the pressures.

If anybody try to give you undue pressure, tell the person politely to bring money and if the person can't give which they will not even give, they will jejely be on their lane.

Also, zero your mind from worries.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Newyorkitis(m): 3:53pm On Nov 24, 2021
bbride484:

And many, still undone.

Pls, share..

Delegate and follow up.
Please don't visit any of your ex to give them invitation cards.... That in itself is energy sapping.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by RoyalBoutique(m): 3:53pm On Nov 24, 2021
Very smooth

No pressure at all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 24, 2021
Toor

1 Like

Re: How Did You Manage Marriage Preparations Pressure? by JohnieWalker12(m): 3:53pm On Nov 24, 2021
Guy the most thing were go chop your money for marriage this period na Drinks and it’s not going down anytime soon. I wish you good luck sha, thank God say I don marry pass this stage of life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Independence Day Quotes / Christmas: Share Your December Experience / Grow Your Instagram Account / Buy Cheap Niched Instagram Accounts [NG]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.