Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

, - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / , (487 Views)

Your Top 10 Musicians Of All Time / Our Musicians & Their Music Today / Our Musicians Should Learn To Play Live On Stage And Not Otherwise: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

, by paulaspearz(f): 8:51pm On Sep 30, 2014
Re: , by Lovetinz(m): 9:43pm On Sep 30, 2014
Nigerian 'musicians' are mostly Nigerian 'performers'
I have never seen Tiwa, Wizkid or Don Jazzy play a musical instrument.
They can best be likened to Actors. They switch roles depending on what they think will sell.
Re: , by Mention(m): 11:04pm On Sep 30, 2014
paulaspearz: There is no doubt that when it comes to african muisc the nigerian music industry is number 1. I wonder why our musicians who are suppose to set the pace are now back-sliding.You no longer know which genre an artist is associated with,for instance D'prince is supposed to be a rapper right?? Bt its like he is an RnB star.Tiwa Savage sings pop 2day,2morow it will reggae and the day after it will be country.
I dont have a problem with artist switching lanes or trying to do something different,For instance Jesse Jagz is always changing his style but he does tastefully.Some artists like Omawunmi,Flavour,Darey have their own style of music and they are still famous.I dont know where to place artist like Tiwa savage,skales,d'prince,Ice prince just to mention a few of them,Its like the artist now are just interested in having hit songs on the radio
What's the moral lesson??
Re: , by Tval(m): 7:56am On Oct 01, 2014
Lovetinz: Nigerian 'musicians' are mostly Nigerian 'performers'
I have never seen Tiwa, Wizkid or Don Jazzy play a musical instrument.
They can best be likened to Actors. They switch roles depending on what they think will sell.

Thank God you said you have not seen.. I have seen the likes of Wizkid, Flavour, Reminisce, Omawunmi and Tu baba sing to music instrument.

(1) (Reply)

Is Our Music Industry Retrogressing Or Developing? / 2001 Honda Civic Radio Code / Video: Banky W's New Music Film – Mercy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.