Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Google Mocks Nigeria On Independence Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Google Mocks Nigeria On Independence Day (1360 Views)

Revelation About Billions allegedly Spent by GEJ On Independence Day Celebration / New Boko Haram Video Mocks Nigeria Military With Downed Nigerian Jet Fighter Etc / Gbenga Adeyinka Mocks Jonathan Over N10 Fuel Price Reduction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Mocks Nigeria On Independence Day by pipiko: 11:03am On Oct 01, 2014
This Google advert is not a good one in my personal opinion. It is mockery of our dear nation.I know the people in Google Nigeria sold the idea to their parent company.It is a sad development that on our independence day this is the best visual Google will put up to depict us as a nation.

Yet, Nigerians will be proud to be circulating this type of demeaning art work on BlackBerry,Facebook etc? Look at the character holding the biggest flag and his dressing?Is that our President?The visual appears above the google search engine box on google.com.ng home page

If you don’t respect your country, nobody will respect it!
What can you make out of the visual produced by Google and that other ones designed by Nigerian companies?
source: http://niyitabiti.net/2014/10/google-advert-mocks-nigeria-on-independence-day/

Re: Google Mocks Nigeria On Independence Day by allsamz(m): 11:20am On Oct 01, 2014
Excuse me! Dia z ntn wrong wit dat art bro. Dtz exactly wat we ar made of. Okay? Wen u google London,wat do u see? a double decker bus,right? Dtz wat dey ar made of,wearing suit or being on tie isn't our style,we wear tradition...okay! So don't get it twisted nd if u av any G wit dt u solve it...am sam

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Mocks Nigeria On Independence Day by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 01, 2014
allsamz: Excuse me! Dia z ntn wrong wit dat art bro. Dtz exactly wat we ar made of. Okay? Wen u google London,wat do u see? a double decker bus,right? Dtz wat dey ar made of,wearing suit or being on tie isn't our style,we wear tradition...okay! So don't get it twisted nd if u av any G wit dt u solve it...am sam
And ofcourse the keke, bus and bike pictured in the advert are our main means of public transportation except the op wants them to import the double decker bus of London which is alien to us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Mocks Nigeria On Independence Day by sweetfreshboy(m): 11:28am On Oct 01, 2014
Op I think illeteracy is ur problem here....what's fucking wrong with the art...do u want them to put cbn or aso rock picture up there.... Get a life and see the good in what others do...that art perfectly defines us...jobless fellow...beta go to school.

3 Likes

Re: Google Mocks Nigeria On Independence Day by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 01, 2014
Some people should not have access to the internet.

3 Likes

Re: Google Mocks Nigeria On Independence Day by LordMecuzy(m): 12:00pm On Oct 01, 2014
This OP Sense shld be checked pls. Common sense is no longer common

1 Like

Re: Google Mocks Nigeria On Independence Day by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 01, 2014
There is something even more demeaning. who is driving the bus? I see patience Jonathan. Are they saying that she is tje driver of the Country? I will rather abuse my leader and not allow an outsider do it.

3 Likes

Re: Google Mocks Nigeria On Independence Day by ifyclose2(m): 12:12pm On Oct 01, 2014
This is an ABSOLUTELY MAGNIFICENT piece of art, @OP.....there's nothing wrong with it....go back to primary school. I'll pay your school-fees from my pocket.
Re: Google Mocks Nigeria On Independence Day by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
ikwoche: There is something even more demeaning. who is driving the bus? I see patience Jonathan. Are they saying that she is tje driver of the Country? I will rather abuse my leader and not allow an outsider do it.
Seconded!

If I were beaten at home, there was absolutely nothing that I could do about it; but if I were beaten in the streets, I had a chance to fight and defend myself. -Richard (Black Boy). sad

1 Like

Re: Google Mocks Nigeria On Independence Day by sweetfreshboy(m): 5:57pm On Oct 01, 2014
ikwoche: There is something even more demeaning. who is driving the bus? I see patience Jonathan. Are they saying that she is tje driver of the Country? I will rather abuse my leader and not allow an outsider do it.
I think u have a skull crack problem...mumu fellow.
Re: Google Mocks Nigeria On Independence Day by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 01, 2014
sweetfreshboy:
I think u have a skull crack problem...mumu fellow.

Before I reply people, I go through their profile to see the kind of reply they deserve but Your profile is too scanty and you seem to be an "insignificado" RIP dude
Re: Google Mocks Nigeria On Independence Day by sweetfreshboy(m): 7:58pm On Oct 01, 2014
ikwoche:

Before I reply people, I go through their profile to see the kind of reply they deserve but Your profile is too scanty and you seem to be an "insignificado" RIP dude

If u aint an uneducated fellow...then u wouldn't be here criticizing the good deeds of others....even Jonathan And Patience aren't complaining...but here u are jobless fellow ranting unnecessarily...Get a Life Dumbass.
Re: Google Mocks Nigeria On Independence Day by pipiko: 8:35pm On Oct 01, 2014
allsamz: Excuse me! Dia z ntn wrong wit dat art bro. Dtz exactly wat we ar made of. Okay? Wen u google London,wat do u see? a double decker bus,right? Dtz wat dey ar made of,wearing suit or being on tie isn't our style,we wear tradition...okay! So don't get it twisted nd if u av any G wit dt u solve it...am sam

You talked about double decker in London, dont we have BRT?Outside Lagos,the major means of transport in other parts of Nigeria are Taxis. Patience is the driver!men check out visual,Nna men, check out that work again.
Re: Google Mocks Nigeria On Independence Day by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
Jeez. Mock, how? Many Nigerians are extremely fake and pretentious, especially those in the middle classes. God knows how much I despise such people. . . . Always forming nonsense 'class' and 'tushness', and exhibiting needless arrogance without substance. They would look down on others merely for commuting with Danfo buses or Keke Napep or Okada. YET, this is by far the most common means of inner-city transportation in this country. This is WHO and WHAT we are as a people.

The tokunbo cars some of us drive around. . .the supposedly 'swanky' buildings, the 'high brow' places, and other affectations of class and sophistication we vaunt about are not true reflections of the reality on ground. So you want Google to commemorate our Independence Day with a doodle of the grand CBN headquarters in Abuja, or Intercontinental Hotel in Lagos. . .or Silverbird Galleria, or other vanity 'landmarks' that do not tell the true story of everyday life in Nigeria?

It's incredible just how FAKE many of us are. Tufiakwa.
Re: Google Mocks Nigeria On Independence Day by jpphilips(m): 10:25pm On Oct 01, 2014
pipiko:
This Google advert is not a good one in my personal opinion. It is mockery of our dear nation.I know the people in Google Nigeria sold the idea to their parent company.It is a sad development that on our independence day this is the best visual Google will put up to depict us as a nation.

Yet, Nigerians will be proud to be circulating this type of demeaning art work on BlackBerry,Facebook etc? Look at the character holding the biggest flag and his dressing?Is that our President?The visual appears above the google search engine box on google.com.ng home page

If you don’t respect your country, nobody will respect it!
What can you make out of the visual produced by Google and that other ones designed by Nigerian companies?
source: http://niyitabiti.net/2014/10/google-advert-mocks-nigeria-on-independence-day/

you love Nigeria this much yet you never join army, better get something to do with your time.

(1) (Reply)

Comparing Buhari With Jonathan: Iroko Versus Rotten Wood By Dele Sobowale. / BREAKING NEWS: Bomb Blast Students At Assembly Ground / Thread for INEC Ad-hoc Staff 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.