Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,821 members, 7,828,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Do Prayers Really Have Effect On Our Lives? And Are The Effects Positive? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Prayers Really Have Effect On Our Lives? And Are The Effects Positive? (1098 Views)

Does People's Name Have Any Effect On Their Fate Or Destiny / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / Do Names Actually Have Effect On One's Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Prayers Really Have Effect On Our Lives? And Are The Effects Positive? by wirinet(m): 3:18pm On Nov 07, 2008
This looks like a mischevious and obvious question, but on closer examination in is a profound thought provoking question.

Now we in the third world pray so many times a day.
We wake up early in the morning and offer prayer before we leave for work or school, we pray before we start work or school, we pray before each meal, we pray before the start of any event and at the end. Finally, we pray before we hit the pillow at nights. And most of us do that day in day out for decades on end.

In contrast, compare the first world. They do very little daily praying. In fact i had never seen the usual lets close our eyes and pray to Jesus or mohammed before the start or close of any social event in america or europe. In fact during the Last US elections i did not hear a single prayer. Even when Obama won, He did not start a long prayer session and attribute his victory to God, he attributed it to the american people. Back here, the winner would call long prayer session after rigging his way to power by killing, and stealing and then attribute his victory to God, supported by the holiest pastor and imam in the land.

So what have we gained as a people with all these prayers? All the indices for development are about the poorest in the world, our people live in abject poverty, while the chinese wo do not pray wants to go to the moon. The feed and cloth us now anyway.

So should we not stop praying and start thinking and working for prosperity?
Re: Do Prayers Really Have Effect On Our Lives? And Are The Effects Positive? by mazaje(m): 6:18pm On Nov 07, 2008
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy na today leaders of the niger delta region are organizing prayer sessions for peace in that region. . . .nigeria is the only country that i know where people pray before they eat and yet nothing dey happen. . . . .nigerians just don't want to realize that they god/gods they worship are long dead. . . . . anything that man wants to do most be done by man himself. . . .
Re: Do Prayers Really Have Effect On Our Lives? And Are The Effects Positive? by Frizy(m): 7:39pm On Nov 07, 2008
wirinet:

This looks like a mischevious and obvious question, but on closer examination in is a profound thought provoking question.

Now we in the third world pray so many times a day.
We wake up early in the morning and offer prayer before we leave for work or school, we pray before we start work or school, we pray before each meal, we pray before the start of any event and at the end. Finally, we pray before we hit the pillow at nights. And most of us do that day in day out for decades on end.

That is the ideal thing for the right thinking man, he knows that without God, his afterlife is eternal condemnation. So comparing a man who lives his life independent of God and still achieved much in life is not an argument.
God said in the Koran: "We give the unbelievers plenteous rain (or prosperity) that they may increase in sin. It is a comfort for a while, at the end, then will they be confined to the most grievous doom."

God also said: "Do not the fooled by the prosperity of the disbelievers (O Muhammed). It is the wish of Allah that they have no share of the good in the hereafter.

In contrast, compare the first world. They do very little daily praying. In fact i had never seen the usual lets close our eyes and pray to Jesus or mohammed before the start or close of any social event in america or europe. In fact during the Last US elections i did not hear a single prayer. Even when Obama won, He did not start a long prayer session and attribute his victory to God, he attributed it to the american people. Back here, the winner would call long prayer session after rigging his way to power by killing, and stealing and then attribute his victory to God, supported by the holiest pastor and imam in the land.

There is hypocrisy in the hearts of many people. It is a thing we all have to fight. My friend, I tell you that if we're honest with God there will be changes in our lives. However, when you achieve something dubiously and attribute it to God you mock God purposely. For God said in the Koran: "And when they go apart with their devils (those who the engage in corruption with) they say:'We are with you, verily we did but mock (for they know in earnest that they cheated)'. God said: Allah Himself doth mock them, leaving them to wonder blindly on in their contumacy.

God will never support anything done corruptly. It is very important that you remember God first before doing anything. If you're arrogant then will God show you His wrath. Obama congratulated the people not God, very bad for him. Why do you think hurricane and all those disasters befall godless nations like America? He Pharaoh of Egypt called himself God and thought he was able to do without any God, but God seized. Pastors and Imams that go about supporting corrupt rulers are accountable for there actions,

for God said in the Koran: "Confound not truth with falsehood, nor knowing conceal the truth".

So what have we gained as a people with all these prayers? All the indices for development are about the poorest in the world, our people live in abject poverty, while the chinese wo do not pray wants to go to the moon. The feed and cloth us now anyway.

So should we not stop praying and start thinking and working for prosperity?

Another theory. Remember the Chinese where visited with the wrath of Allah, at the middle of this year. Why was it not because of the gods they took instead of Allah? . It is just a matter of time, I tell you that if some people pray to God to quicken the destruction of these nations you mention, they will be totally extinct. angry
Re: Do Prayers Really Have Effect On Our Lives? And Are The Effects Positive? by mazaje(m): 9:38pm On Nov 07, 2008
what is all these nonsense allah talk? by the way who and what is allah?
Re: Do Prayers Really Have Effect On Our Lives? And Are The Effects Positive? by Alapamasise: 9:07pm On Oct 08, 2013
Prayer works 24/7/365 but you need to have the right tools in place. Saying prayer does not work is almost like saying, seeds never germinate. GOD is a GOD of rules, regulations and especially systems. If all things are equal and you plant your seed, it should germinate, grow and produce its like and the system will continue. That system can fail if any of the necessary ingridients or factors become affected or adulterated from the origibal requirements.

Prayer has its own principles and failure to apply these principles can affect one's expectation for desired results. You need to consider first the grounds from which the prayer proceeds from (heart), the purpose of the prayer (self or kingdom), the power behind prayer (Word of GOD and faith), the environment (concentration or distraction).

Human beings seem to understand the principle of sowing and reaping. We have even used technology to aid the principles of sowing and reaping so diligently that we get good harvest results, but when it comes to prayer, we fail to acknowlege that it has its own principles, and they have to be followed as diligently as that of sowing and reaping. I have heard from several great men that practise make perfect, some actually say it differently i.e. repetition is the master of perfection.

When we take time to master the principles of sowing, we will definitely reap without fail. In like manner, when we take time to master the principles of "Prayer", we will reap the results expected.

The question really is, How many people really spend time to understand the principles of "Prayer" and master it to perfection? Not many I suppose, but I trust that those who understand this principles can surely bare testimony that he who gave us ears to hear, surely hears our prayers when we master the principles of prayer. Either anyone likes it or not, GOD will not change is principles for anyone, regardless of where you are in the world, the principles of sowing and reaping will work for you provided you hold on to its fundamental principles.

Remember, you can never attain perfection if you dont try. It is better to strive for perfection than not to try at all. Not trying is really very risky and you should not expect the returns of perfection to happen to those who never tried at all.
Re: Do Prayers Really Have Effect On Our Lives? And Are The Effects Positive? by Alapamasise: 9:09pm On Oct 08, 2013
To join an online prayer group where you get notification on your phones about who is praying for you, where in the world they are and how many people are praying for you, try this application called www.prayer-buddies.com
Re: Do Prayers Really Have Effect On Our Lives? And Are The Effects Positive? by Alapamasise: 9:09pm On Oct 08, 2013
To join an online prayer group where you get notification on your phones about who is praying for you, where in the world they are and how many people are praying for you, try this application called www.prayer-buddies.com

(1) (Reply)

Which Is The Greatest Among These Three: Faith, Hope And Love? / What Does Repentance Really Mean In Your Own Religion Or Worldview? / God’s Anger At Sin As Narrated In The Book Of Romans.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.