Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Is Purgatry Real - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Purgatry Real (3710 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Purgatry Real by osejemen: 2:55am On Nov 08, 2008
The Roman catholic church belives in porgatry,Do you.If yes prove it.
Re: Is Purgatry Real by chessguru(m): 9:33am On Nov 08, 2008
@post
I dont think it exists, 'it is apponited for man to die once and after this judgment' i dont see any sold scriptural backing for this, the story of Rich man and Lazarus?? i guess that has something to do with the transition from the old to the new testament, no matter what the argument is i think seeking the Kingdom of God first is most important than any argument on theology.

Re: Is Purgatry Real by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 08, 2008
pls check 1 john 5:17 IF YOU SEE SIN A SIN WHICH DOES NOT LEAD TO DEATH YOU SHOULD PRAY AND OBTAIN LIFE FOR HIM,THIS APPLIES TO THOSE WHOSE DOES NOT LEAD TO DEATH.ALL WRONGDOING IS SIN,BUT THERE IS SIN WHICH DOES NOT LEAD TO DEATH.
Re: Is Purgatry Real by andersoft: 10:57pm On Nov 17, 2008
dont mind the catholics, there is nothing like purgatory. christianity is no religion. there is nothing like purgatory in the bible, whoso ever name is not found written in the book of life shall be cast into the lake of burning sulphur which is the second death. thats all
Re: Is Purgatry Real by gentleemmy(m): 4:58pm On Nov 20, 2008
chukwudi44:

please check 1 john 5:17 IF YOU SEE SIN A SIN WHICH DOES NOT LEAD TO DEATH YOU SHOULD PRAY AND OBTAIN LIFE FOR HIM,THIS APPLIES TO THOSE WHOSE DOES NOT LEAD TO DEATH.ALL WRONGDOING IS SIN,BUT THERE IS SIN WHICH DOES NOT LEAD TO DEATH.

Please understand that the death in the passage quoted above signifies physical death, not spiritual death. It simply means that not all sins leads to physical death. Please Dear, don't be deceived, there is nothing like that, there are two ways, the right and the left; (the narrow and the broad) no fence.

Ok., Read Revelation.21:8: "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." If liars will go to hell, then tell me the category of sinners that will be spared.\

Try and understand the scriptures before it is too late. Thank you
Re: Is Purgatry Real by gentleemmy(m): 5:05pm On Nov 20, 2008
andersoft:

don't mind the catholics, there is nothing like purgatory. christianity is no religion. there is nothing like purgatory in the bible, whoso ever name is not found written in the book of life shall be cast into the lake of burning sulphur which is the second death. thats all

You were too harsh on the Catholics, please be more polite next time. I appreciate your reply anyway, keep it up
Re: Is Purgatry Real by osrii: 5:21pm On Nov 20, 2008
it is appointed every one to die once after that judgement follows
Re: Is Purgatry Real by gentlegg(m): 5:29pm On Nov 20, 2008
Am sure by now, any right reasoning catholic must have known that purgatory is just tales by the moonlight, 'ajanbele', mike ejeagha, .

Catholicss hmm i rather close my mouth because their believes and practices baffles me most of all others.
Re: Is Purgatry Real by Omenuko(m): 6:13pm On Nov 20, 2008
Greetings,

@gentlegg

Please understand that the death in the passage quoted above signifies physical death, not spiritual death. It simply means that not all sins leads to physical death. Please Dear, don't be deceived, there is nothing like that, there are two ways, the right and the left; (the narrow and the broad) no fence.

Ok., Read Revelation.21:8: "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." If liars will go to hell, then tell me the category of sinners that will be spared.\

Try and understand the scriptures before it is too late. Thank you

How does the above disprove purgatory?  What you wrote isn't even a proper rebuttal against the concept of purgatory.  It seems like you do not have a proper understanding of the Catholic doctrine called purgatory.  What is your understanding of the concept?  The concept of purgatory simply means final purifcation (i.e., being made pure before entering heaven).  The formal definition is below:
III. The Final Purification, or Purgatory

All who die in God's grace and friendship, but still imperfectly purified, are indeed assured of their eternal salvation; but after death they undergo purification, so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of heaven. 
Catechism of the Catholic Church

Does the above definition conflict with the teachings of the Bible?  If yes, explain please.
Re: Is Purgatry Real by Lady2(f): 6:31pm On Nov 20, 2008
@ Omenuko

The problem is that people don't actually understand what they stand against. How can you stand against something you do not know?

There are several verses that talk about purgatory even though the word is not mentioned.

1 Cor. 15:29-30 - Paul mentions people being baptized on behalf of the dead, in the context of atoning for their sins (people are baptized on the dead’s behalf so the dead can be raised). These people cannot be in heaven because they are still with sin, but they also cannot be in hell because their sins can no longer be atoned for. They are in purgatory.

2 Tim. 1:16-18 - Onesiphorus is dead but Paul asks for mercy on him “on that day.” Paul’s use of “that day” demonstrates its eschatological usage (see, for example, Rom. 2.5,16; 1 Cor. 1.8; 3.13; 5.5; 2 Cor. 1.14; Phil. 1.6,10; 2.16; 1 Thess. 5.2,4,5,8; 2 Thess. 2.2,3; 2 Tim. 4.cool. Of course, there is no need for mercy in heaven, and there is no mercy given in hell. Where is Onesiphorus? He is in purgatory

1 Peter 3:19; 4:6 - Jesus preached to the spirits in the "prison." These are the righteous souls being purified for the beatific vision.

But my favorite and the one that clearly implies purgatory is this:

1 Corinthians 3: 13-15
13 Every man's work shall be manifest; for the day of the Lord shall declare it, because it shall be revealed in fire; and the fire shall try every man's work, of what sort it is. 14 If any man's work abide, which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man's work burn, he shall suffer loss; but he himself shall be saved, yet so as by fire

These verses clearly show that there are those who are still in grace but are still attached to sin or are still prone to sin, he will be saved but he still has to atone for those sins or he still has to be separated from the inclination to sin.
Re: Is Purgatry Real by mazaje(m): 6:35pm On Nov 20, 2008
osejemen:

The Roman catholic church belives in porgatry,Do UIf yes prove it.

prove that heaven or aljannah exist. . . . . .
Re: Is Purgatry Real by Omenuko(m): 7:12pm On Nov 20, 2008
@Lady

There are several verses that talk about purgatory even though the word is not mentioned.

1 Cor. 15:29-30 - Paul mentions people being baptized on behalf of the dead, in the context of atoning for their sins (people are baptized on the dead’s behalf so the dead can be raised). These people cannot be in heaven because they are still with sin, but they also cannot be in hell because their sins can no longer be atoned for. They are in purgatory.

2 Tim. 1:16-18 - Onesiphorus is dead but Paul asks for mercy on him “on that day.” Paul’s use of “that day” demonstrates its eschatological usage (see, for example, Rom. 2.5,16; 1 Cor. 1.8; 3.13; 5.5; 2 Cor. 1.14; Phil. 1.6,10; 2.16; 1 Thess. 5.2,4,5,8; 2 Thess. 2.2,3; 2 Tim. 4,  Of course, there is no need for mercy in heaven, and there is no mercy given in hell. Where is Onesiphorus? He is in purgatory

1 Peter 3:19; 4:6 - Jesus preached to the spirits in the "prison." These are the righteous souls being purified for the beatific vision.

13 Every man's work shall be manifest; for the day of the Lord shall declare it, because it shall be revealed in fire; and the fire shall try every man's work, of what sort it is. 14 If any man's work abide, which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man's work burn, he shall suffer loss; but he himself shall be saved, yet so as by fire.

I agree, from reading the Bible one can easily infure that there is some third place/state in the after life other than heaven and hell (before the final judgement of course).  How they sike themselves into believing that there is no third state (sans heaven and hell and before the final judgement) where we are completely purified before entering heaven is beyond me.  And even if one disagrees with the concept of purgatory, one cannot argue that it is anti-biblical; reason being is that there are a number of passages in the Bible that refer to this third place/state in the after-life.  The word purgatory means purgation or purification.  Those who are in purgatory are heaven bound; meaning, they are part of the saved.
Re: Is Purgatry Real by Omenuko(m): 7:16pm On Nov 20, 2008
@mazaje

prove that heaven or aljannah exist. . . . . .

We can't prove that heaven exists (aljannah?). . . .we accept it by faith (by the grace of God), and not by reason.  Whats your point?  Prove that gravity exist.
Re: Is Purgatry Real by Lady2(f): 7:28pm On Nov 20, 2008
We can't prove that heaven exists (aljannah?). . . .we accept it by faith (by the grace of God), and not by reason. Whats your point? Prove that gravity exist

heaven cannot be seen just as gravity cannot be seen. Man wants to cling to an unseen that he has defined to be fact.
Re: Is Purgatry Real by mazaje(m): 7:39pm On Nov 20, 2008
~Lady~:

heaven cannot be seen just as gravity cannot be seen. Man wants to cling to an unseen that he has defined to be fact.

Most Religious people especially, behave as though what they think is true, is true
Re: Is Purgatry Real by Lady2(f): 7:42pm On Nov 20, 2008
Most Religious people especially, behave as though what they think is true, is true

Most non-religious behave as though they have the answers to life.

By the way, what I know is true, is true.
Re: Is Purgatry Real by naijaguy77: 10:57am On Nov 22, 2008
Omenuko:

@mazaje

We can't prove that heaven exists (aljannah?). . . .we accept it by faith (by the grace of God), and not by reason.  Whats your point?  Prove that gravity exist.

What an utterly shocking question. Of course there is proof that gravity exists, if there was no gravity you would be floating in space not glued to the earth, if there was no gravity the moon would drift away, if there was no gravity the earth would not revolve around the sun and we would have no solar system, no seasons, no day and night, and no time.

I do wonder sometimes the quality of education you get in Nigeria school. Shocking.

Meanwhile, about purgatory, the Catholic church had since declared purgatory non-gospel. The vatican had declared that they were in fact wrong and that there really is no purgatory, just like they one day will tell all their slavish followers that there is no heaven, no hell, and no holy spirit. The blind leading the blinded.
Re: Is Purgatry Real by Omenuko(m): 3:07pm On Nov 22, 2008
@naijaguy77

What an utterly shocking question. Of course there is proof that gravity exists, if there was no gravity you would be floating in space not glued to the earth, if there was no gravity the moon would drift away, if there was no gravity the earth would not revolve around the sun and we would have no solar system, no seasons, no day and night, and no time.

I do wonder sometimes the quality of education you get in Nigeria school. Shocking.

Is that what you call proof, my friend go and sit down I beg.  I can do the same thing.  Of course there is proof that God (and thus heaven) exists, if there was no God you would not exist and you wouldn't be here talking to me about the scientific theory of gravity (NOTE, it is a theory, better known as the Theory of Gravitation).  A theory I believe to be true because of our emperical knowledge of it.  Just as I believe God to be true because of our empirical knowledge of Him.  For one to believe in one and not the other is, well, simple minded.  Also note, I schooled in the US (obodo yankee) and am an engineer.  So, I did not have the pleasure of attending any award winning academic institutions in Naija. But I digress.

If there was no God there would be no moon (talk less of it drifting away sans the existence of gravity), if there was no God there would be no earth (talk less of it revolving around the sun), and there would be no solar systems (talk less of our solar system), no seasons, no day or night, and no time.  See, I can do the same thing.  My friend, this is not proof.  We only have empirical means of understanding our existence and how it relates to our environment.  The theory of gravitation is just has the name implies, a theory.  Using the same means one can come to a closer understanding of our existence in a higher sense (the existence of a creator).  When studying the creation of the universe (e.g., the big bang theory, emphasis on theory) one may quite easily conclude that a higher being may be the originator. I really don't understand how atheist can rationalize the non-existence of a supreme being (i.e., a creator). Even after experiencing and observing the complexities of the world.  Just look at the human body and how complex it is; its amazing how much the human body can do.  I normally error on the side of science when it comes to super natural things (I'm scientific by nature and profession), but for atheist to rationalize or un-rationalize the existence of God, chai. . . .nah that one be there own wahala.  Chukwu me anyi ebere.

Meanwhile, about purgatory, the Catholic church had since declared purgatory non-gospel. The vatican had declared that they were in fact wrong and that there really is no purgatory, just like they one day will tell all their slavish followers that there is no heaven, no hell, and no holy spirit. The blind leading the blinded.

LOL, na story story be that, No such thing has happened.  Show your source.  The Catholic Church has professed the existence of purgatory since the birth of the Church.
Re: Is Purgatry Real by Raymond4kc: 11:00am On Nov 23, 2008

Regarding this passage, please join me to the book of 2 pet 2:4 - I read, 'For  if God did not spare the angels that sinned, but cast them down to HELL,,   '
The HELL here is derived from Tartarus (greek) and Tartaros (Latin) meaning a place of punishment and confinement for angels until the judgement. The fallen Angels sinned (cons. Gen 6:1-2) and they were confined to Hell (Tartarus)
It might interest u to  note that there are five compactments in the under world of which TARTARUS is one of them. Today people call this Tartarus Purgatory. But the fact is that Tartarus is not meant for we human beings , it is only meant for Fallen angels that rebelled against God.

The only place meant for Human beings are Hell fire and lake of Fire (these are also compactments under world). For now the soul that dies in sin , will go to Hell fire waiting for the resurrection of the body for the White Throne Jugdement (Read Revelation for more insight) after this judgement that soul is cast to the LAKE OF FIRE. So for now , we have ONLY two places to go to immediately we die - HEAVEN OR HELL FIRE no more, no less.

After Jesus died his body was in the grave but He went (quickened by the spirit of God) to preach to spirits in Prison- this means that He went to Tartarus to let the fallen angels know the plans of God.
By the grace of God I have more info concerning this fact, but[b] NOTE THAT THERE IS NOTHING LIKE PURGATORY IT DOES NOT EXIST[/b].  Should any obscurity, I will be glad to clarify the point. God bless U ALL.
Re: Is Purgatry Real by MadMax1(f): 4:32pm On Nov 23, 2008
@Lady

But my favourite verse that clearly imples purgatory is this.

I find your argument for the existence of purgatory,well,unconvincing. Perhaps it exists and perhaps it doesn't,but the verses you quote doesn't tell one it does exist. And why would the Bible want to imply anything? It mostly doesn't imply, it just says what a thing is. Sin, hell,homosexuality,adultery,murder,wrath,heaven,angel,war, and on and on and on.Lotsa delicious nouns and adjectives. If there is a purgatory, why aren't there verses that explicitly say so? If there are dozens of verses on [i]Hell,[/i]an infinitely more terrible place than purgatory,why would the bible tiptoe around purgatory and not come right out and teach its existence?
Re: Is Purgatry Real by Ify3: 4:45pm On Nov 24, 2008

2 Tim. 1:16-18 - Onesiphorus is dead but Paul asks for mercy on him “on that day.” Paul’s use of “that day” demonstrates its eschatological usage (see, for example, Rom. 2.5,16; 1 Cor. 1.8; 3.13; 5.5; 2 Cor. 1.14; Phil. 1.6,10; 2.16; 1 Thess. 5.2,4,5,8; 2 Thess. 2.2,3; 2 Tim. 4, Of course, there is no need for mercy in heaven, and there is no mercy given in hell. Where is Onesiphorus? He is in purgatory

13 Every man's work shall be manifest; for the day of the Lord shall declare it, because it shall be revealed in fire; and the fire shall try every man's work, of what sort it is. 14 If any man's work abide, which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man's work burn, he shall suffer loss; but he himself shall be saved, yet so as by fire.

My Dearie,

The Bible is not a mere novel that anybody can just read and understand. You need to bury your spirit in it so as to have an understanding from God. From your quotations, they are all in the reverse (please read from the beginning and pray for understanding before you start reading).
1 Cor. 15:29-30 - Else what shall they do which are baptised for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? what are they then baptised for the dead? (30) and why we stand in jeopardy every hour?

This is clear. Why do you waist your time for something that is not real?
Others follow. Purgatory exists in the dictionary but in spiritual affairs. when one dies, next is judgement. Jesus Christ has died and made atonement for our sins. Whoever that refuses to repent and wait for final purification after death is on his own. NOT God's principle.

Do not use purgatory as a yard stick for sin, that you'll undergo final purification after death. YOU LIE!!!

God bless you.
Re: Is Purgatry Real by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 24, 2008
please those of you who say purgatory is not mentioned in the bible, please tell me where mecury,venus ,mars and other planets are mentioned in the bible or dont they exist?.`
Re: Is Purgatry Real by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 24, 2008
please the people apostle paul mentioned in 2cor 15:29-30,if they are in hell why do they need baptism and if they are in heaven why do they need baptism
Re: Is Purgatry Real by Lady2(f): 7:03pm On Nov 24, 2008
Regarding this passage, please join me to the book of 2 pet 2:4 - I read, 'For  if God did not spare the angels that sinned, but cast them down to HELL,,   '
The HELL here is derived from Tartarus (greek) and Tartaros (Latin) meaning a place of punishment and confinement for angels until the judgement. The fallen Angels sinned (cons. Gen 6:1-2) and they were confined to Hell (Tartarus)
It might interest u to  note that there are five compactments in the under world of which TARTARUS is one of them. Today people call this Tartarus Purgatory. But the fact is that Tartarus is not meant for we human beings , it is only meant for Fallen angels that rebelled against God.

Comparing angels and humans is comparing oranges and apples. Angels don't have slavation, humans do.

If you know anything about the language used in writing the Bible you will know that all i=during that time also believed in purgatory. Where then did Jesus go to when he freed those imprisoned. If there exists only heaven and hell, why then were people released from "prison"

Please interpret the passages presented before you rather than bringing another passage thet would seem to contradict the passage I presented.

After Jesus died his body was in the grave but He went (quickened by the spirit of God) to preach to spirits in Prison- this means that He went to Tartarus to let the fallen angels know the plans of God.

last time I checked it wasn't angels that he saved. He went to save the humans who were already dead. Now you may not know it but in the Bible it was noted that it was humans not angels that he saved.

Now maybe the mistake I made was not actually typing out the passage I provided. so here it is.

1 Peter 3:19-20

19 In which also coming he preached to those spirits that were in prison: 20 Which had been some time incredulous, when they waited for the patience of God in the days of Noah, when the ark was a building: wherein a few, that is, eight souls, were saved by water.

So you see the souls saved in prison were humans. Yes I do know about Tartarus.

I find your argument for the existence of purgatory,well,unconvincing. Perhaps it exists and perhaps it doesn't,but the verses you quote doesn't tell one it does exist. And why would the Bible want to imply anything? It mostly doesn't imply, it just says what a thing is. Sin, hell,homosexuality,adultery,murder,wrath,heaven,angel,war, and on and on and on.Lotsa delicious nouns and adjectives. If there is a purgatory, why aren't there verses that explicitly say so? If there are dozens of verses on Hell,an infinitely more terrible place than purgatory,why would the bible tiptoe around purgatory and not come right out and teach its existence?

The Bible does impy a lot, and not everything is in black and white that's why the holy spirit is needed to understand it. If not then the atheists and muslims and others would simply understand it. The trinity is implied also in the Bible, it is not simply stated as trinity, but implied as the father, son, and holy spirit.

If those verses are not touching on purgatory then can you please at least tell me what they are talking about?
The Bible teaches the ecistence of prugatory, over the ages it has been rightfully thought so. It is only in the past few decades that purgatory was questioned, but even from the Jews purgatory has always been known. There is land of the dead, but it isn't hell.

The Bible is not a mere novel that anybody can just read and understand. You need to bury your spirit in it so as to have an understanding from God. From your quotations, they are all in the reverse (please read from the beginning and pray for understanding before you start reading).

I equally agree and I could simply ask you to do the same thing, did it ever occur to you that maybe you are the onelacking in understanding? Did it ever occur to you that maybe you simply don't understand because you haven't even tried to understand what purgatory means.

But really, if the passages I posted arenot hinting on purgatory then can you who know the truth interpret them properly for me. It would only be the Christian thing to do.

1 Cor. 15:29-30 - Else what shall they do which are baptised  for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? what are they then baptised for the dead? (30) and why we stand in jeopardy every hour

Acutally this one here hints at purgatory too. The question is why baptise for the dead. If there is no purgatory then there is no way of salvation after death, so why then baptise for the dead. Baptism leads to salvation, if there is no way of praying for the dead to be saved, why can you then baptise for the dead? There is no point to it then. It would only mean that Paul didn't know what he was talking about. If it really just ends at the death of a person and one cannot pray for their slavation, then why did Paul speak for the baptism of the dead. After all they are already dead and there is no purgatory. The baptism would be a waste.

Purgatory exists in the dictionary but in spiritual affairs. when one dies, next is judgement. Jesus Christ has died and made atonement for our sins. Whoever that refuses to repent and wait for final purification after death is on his own. NOT God's principle

If this is true and that death is death and final, then why baptise for the dead? It is already final, why an attempt for their slavation?
Don't forget you posted the verse.

please the people apostle paul mentioned in 2cor 15:29-30,if they are in hell why do they need baptism and if they are in heaven why do they need baptism

I would really like to know why the dead need baptism if it goes from death to judgment. I agree there is judgement after death, but why then the baptism. If it is either hell or heaven, then there would be no point of baptism (salvation), because if it is heaven, the person has already been saved and needs no baptism. If it is hell, there is no way of salvation, so why then is there baptism for the dead?

And can someone please interpret this particular passage for me?

13 Every man's work shall be manifest; for the day of the Lord shall declare it, because it shall be revealed in fire; and the fire shall try every man's work, of what sort it is. 14 If any man's work abide, which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man's work burn, he shall suffer loss; but he himself shall be saved, yet so as by fire

How come the second person is saved, when he has already gone through judgement?
Re: Is Purgatry Real by Raymond4kc: 9:05pm On Nov 24, 2008
@ Lady
ast time I checked it wasn't angels that he saved. He went to save the humans who were already dead. Now you may not know it but in the Bible it was noted that it was humans not angels that he saved.
My dear friend, there are some truth u really need to agree with. Fine, Notice once again that the personalities Jesus went to preach to were angels NOT HUMAN BEINGS. I have PROOFS for that. To give you these proofs i demand that u are ready to know the truth, stop holding on what you are being taught somewhere, sometime. Pls reply and indicate your interest to really get the understand in the word of God. Search the scriptures. I dont have much time to waste with somebody that doesnot want to know the truth but just to argue unscripturally ( I dont mean to insult U, but if i have done that, pls am really sorry). God bless u.
Re: Is Purgatry Real by bawomolo(m): 10:46pm On Nov 24, 2008

i hope you realize gravity is a well tested property. the earth would be like the moon if not for gravitational force. gravity can indeed be SENSED ( sight isn't the only form of sense). the same can't be said for paradise
Re: Is Purgatry Real by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 26, 2008
IS PURGATORY REAL?

Yes, it is.
But it is not as we humans and those that beleive in its existence.

There's no man here on earth that is without a blemish, no one is a saint and will never attain to be point of being a saint while here on earth.
So it is also very wrong and it's also a blasphemy in regarding some people as being holy. Only GOS is holy, no human can attian holiness.

Before I go on with my explanation, i must not forget to mention the foundation. And i will be glad to share the knowledge i have, i dont care if it is believed or not, and am not trying to force my understanding on someone else.
First I will try my possible best to describe the different partitions that make up creation. I mean steps in creation.

DIVINE REALM: This where the Godhead is present, archangels, angels, elders. but know, this is not part of creation, becos this has been existing before creation.
The next step is the :

SPIRITUAL REALM: This is where the human spirit which is embodied in a physical cloak originates from. And this is the part where creation starts from.
The next step is:

ANIMISTIC REALM: This where the souls of animals originates from, also the elemantal beings which are in care of nature and plants originates from here.
The lowest step is the:

WORLD OF MATTER: This world of matter can be classified into:
a) Ethereal World
b) Gross Material world (Earth)

All these steps also contain so many gradations, which will take much of space If i try to go into them here.

The spiritual home is the paradise of the human spirit, because that is where they orignates from, and with law of circle, which states that it for a complete circle to be completed, the end must join with the starting point.
The human spirit can not rise beyond that level, it is simply not possible

So when a spirit leaves the bodily cloak here on earth, the soul finds itself in the region corresponding to the propensities/sins clinging to it.
Even those ones that seem to be known without any faults here on earth then, surely finds some stains still clinging o on to them. And not even a speck of stain can be taken to paradise.
So some still find theirselves in a region of light and happiness, cos the good deeds on them far outweight the stains, so they still rise, while the ones in the other position sink low to the region of darkness and damnation.
And it is in this ethereal environmant, where the separation of the good ones and the dark fellas take place.
So those that are still in the light regions with still somestains, are being prepared and assisted by some helpers, so that as each stains are being washed off, they tend to rise higher, and this process continues till the final stage where entry into paradise is granted.

So you all can see that journey to paradise is a day one, this process takes decades, centuries depending on the weight stains of the individual and also how ready the individual is ready to let go off all those stains.
And those also at the dark regions are not also left out of this process, Because there's also forgivenness of sins after death.
But it is much easier here on earth than over there.
Re: Is Purgatry Real by Lady2(f): 6:49pm On Nov 26, 2008
My dear friend, there are some truth u really need to agree with. Fine, Notice once again that the personalities Jesus went to preach to were angels NOT HUMAN BEINGS. I have PROOFS for that. To give you these proofs i demand that u are ready to know the truth, stop holding on what you are being taught somewhere, sometime. please reply and indicate your interest to really get the understand in the word of God. Search the scriptures. I don't have much time to waste with somebody that doesnot want to know the truth but just to argue unscripturally ( I don't mean to insult U, but if i have done that, please am really sorry). God bless u.

Oga abeg, the Bible talks about those who were freed from prison were from Noah's day, they died in the flood. Was it angels that died in the flood?

Please before you bring you "truth" explain to me how the eight that were saved from Noah's time were angels.

Take you confusion and keep it to yourself. I know the truth. I read the Bible, i get it.
Re: Is Purgatry Real by MadMax1(f): 12:28pm On Nov 27, 2008
The problem is, this deals with a man's fate after he is dead. There cannot be room for error,and the scales are really terrible:all of eternity.So a teaching like purgatory has to be very.very clear,and absolutely certain. The Bible might imply some things,but it doesn't imply important things like sin and salvation, the way to be saved, the fate of a man after death. It expressly teaches these things. It talks of heaven and hell. If there were a limbo place in between, it would plainly say so. That the bible implies some things doesn't mean it implies everything, or that it implies this one. Perhaps it exists,perhaps it doesn't. If it does, it has to be proven beyond a shadow of doubt. So far, it hasn't. It's easy to back Heaven and Hell with verses. Anyone can flip open a Bible and see it. Purgatory alone is implied and needs the Holy Spirit to be seen in the Bible. Come now.
Re: Is Purgatry Real by SisiJinx: 12:30am On Nov 28, 2008
Re: Is Purgatry Real by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:25pm On Nov 28, 2008
@omenuko
Surely you know your reply about gravity is biased, I will not ask you to prove that there is a life after death, that will be too big for you to do.
Just support your claim that life after death exists with anything that will be agreed by everyone regardless of race and religion and do well to state the nature of life after death.
As for gravity I will support it with one simple evidence there is there anything you have designed without putting gravity into consideration? At least even muslims and christians will all agree that the value of g on earth is about 9.8 m/s.
Waiting for your support
Re: Is Purgatry Real by Omenuko(m): 2:24pm On Nov 28, 2008
@Chrisbenogor

Surely you know your reply about gravity is biased, I will not ask you to prove that there is a life after death, that will be too big for you to do.
Just support your claim that life after death exists with anything that will be agreed by everyone regardless of race and religion and do well to state the nature of life after death.
As for gravity I will support it with one simple evidence there is there anything you have designed without putting gravity into consideration? At least even muslims and christians will all agree that the value of g on earth is about 9.8 m/s.
Waiting for your support

I don't understand what you are saying or asking.  Are you saying that since most people agree that gravity is 9.8 m/s that it must be true.  My brother, like I said before it is only a theory and stating that gravity is 9.8 m/s does not constitute a proof of gravity.  Personally, I believe there is such a thing as gravity because of our empirical evidence for it.  Likewise I believe in God (and heaven and hell) because of our empirical evidence of Gods existence.  If I told you that over seventy percent (most humans) of the worlds inhabitants believe in an afterlife does that make it true?  Christians, Muslims, Buddhist, Hindus, Taoists, those who practice African religion, et al. believe in an afterlife. . . .so, according to you, that must mean it has to be true.  Like I said before, I don't understand how any intelligent person can rationalize the non-existence of a creator.  Look, most people believe in God(s) and express that in many ways.  As a Christian, I believe we have the fullest knowledge of who God really is.  If you are asking me to prove that there is an afterlife, than I would ask that you refer to the Bible and the teachings of the Church.  One cannot come to believe in God and the afterlife without the person first acting on the grace God has given him/her.  And also, it is only through faith can one believe.  Of course we can use science to sharpen and describe our belief in God, but it is only through faith (by the grace of God) can one come to this conclusion.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did God Create Mermaid? / Muslim 1:30 / Pastor Sunday Adelaja Is To Be Unjustly Jailed - Pass This On Till Jona Hears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.