Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,485 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

Reasons Why My School Is Better Than Yours. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reasons Why My School Is Better Than Yours. (2013 Views)

How Can I Report WAEC Exam Malpractice Happening In My School? / Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) / Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why My School Is Better Than Yours. by HenryQuest(m): 3:56am On Oct 03, 2014
Over the years, many nairalanders have debated about the best University in Nigeria. I have kept quiet all the while because a LION does not struggle for space in the forest. It's true that one is forced to hype his/her University but some Universities like mine do not need to be hyped for you to know that we've got it. It is noteworthy that a lot of people have natural hatred for my University. The hatred are born out of jealousy. SIMPLE! I'm talking about the UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA.
UNN has produced great men and women although I can't start mentioning them because the are just too numerous to mention. Hoohaa! UNN introduced the SCHOOL OF GENERAL STUDIES (GS) in Nigeria. UNN introduced ENTREPRENEURAL (CEDR) studies in Nigeria. UNN introduced so many courses including Mass Communication (Jackson school of journalism), Law to metion but a few. Renowned Astrophysicist Sam Okoye founded the Space Research Center in 1972. The SRC remains one of the few institutions in Africa that researches and offers courses in astronomy at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.

The medical school, in Enugu, has most of it activities in the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH), where doctors and other health workers are trained with high standards and have proven over the years that they can effect a significant positive change in Africa and the entire worlds' healthcare system. Doctors and nurses trained in the institution have contributed to the advancement of medicine.

The first open heart surgical operation in Nigeria and sub-Saharan Africa was undertaken in 1974 at the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH) Enugu. The team was led by visiting Professor Yacoub from the UK and others in the team included Professors F.A. Udekwu and Anyanwu. The College of Medicine has since evolved into the center for cardiothoracic surgery and tropical cardiology excellence for the West Africa region with the siting of the National Cardiothoracic Center at UNTH Enugu. A lot of medical research is also being carried out in the college. UNN has the largest library (Nnamdi Azikiwe Library) in sub saharan Africa. There's hardly a course that UNN does not offer! UNN remains the most popular University in Africa. The environment is so so conducive for learning. It might interest you to know that UNN gave birth to UNICAL in 1977. We set the pace, others try to emulate. We are Lions and Lionesses! UNIVERSITU OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA, restoring the dignity of man.
Re: Reasons Why My School Is Better Than Yours. by thankyouJesus(m): 5:20am On Oct 03, 2014
*Thinking in my head* abeg never fill that jamb form, I wan go school wey make sense . . . . .
Re: Reasons Why My School Is Better Than Yours. by naturally: 5:50am On Oct 03, 2014
Noted
Re: Reasons Why My School Is Better Than Yours. by Mention(m): 7:06am On Oct 03, 2014
Was expecting to see the name of a SCHOOL there!!
Re: Reasons Why My School Is Better Than Yours. by jayjagz: 7:29am On Oct 03, 2014
Is this inferiority complex or what? Can't see anything special undecided
Re: Reasons Why My School Is Better Than Yours. by HenryQuest(m): 8:03am On Oct 03, 2014
jayjagz: Is this inferiority complex or what? Can't see anything special undecided
A lion cannot suffer from that. Hate on.
Re: Reasons Why My School Is Better Than Yours. by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 03, 2014
grin this o.p just like wasting time and mb for someone. All u've stated are what we can find in even the least rated schs in Nigeria. Every sch has a record or the order which may nt be perculiar to that of ur sch. Unilag, OAU, U.I and others have produced alot more of prominent personalities in Nigeria, unilag library is fully airconditioned, u.i have one of the best library in Nigeria if nt the best. Luth is one teaching hospital that cannot be negleted in Nigeria 2day, it's one of the best. Check out law in OOU, they have something special to tell u.

Dear O.P, all these does nt determine d altitude of ur success in life. I wont mind knwing the course u're studying, most people who create threads like this tend to be studying library management in sch.
Re: Reasons Why My School Is Better Than Yours. by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 03, 2014
Op is definitely high on something.

Lion ko, pussycat ni grin
Re: Reasons Why My School Is Better Than Yours. by christejames(m): 11:34am On Oct 03, 2014
OP you are spot on, don't mind what students from other universities may say, the hatred and envy for UNN from those students ooze from them whenever the name of the school is mentioned. Fortnight ago, I was in a bus in Enugu returning home from Polo park, a boy and a girl were just saying ills about UNN, one even said IMT Enugu is better than UNN, the funniest part was when the lady said she was in Bayelsa and met a man in a hospital (where she went to visit her aunt) mentioned to him that she had been to Nsukka before (probably for PUME) and the man immediately asked her to take her to Nsukka that he has heard so much about that school that he doesn't mind leaving the hospital right away for the school just for a visit. I cringe for them cause it was obvious they were just embarrassing themselves cause they know nothing about the school. UNN set the pace for other universities to follow, no wonder its the first indigenous university in the country. The structures of the school is just unique, her environment so conducive for learning, the school sited on a soft green hill where students are trained with morals, where the dignity of man is restored!!! I'm happy to be part of such citadel of learning.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why My School Is Better Than Yours. by Odunhana: 1:28pm On Oct 03, 2014
I was here

Please, take this to Front Page
Re: Reasons Why My School Is Better Than Yours. by dridowu: 1:36pm On Oct 03, 2014
God Bless Recte Sapere Fons for giving rooms to other school to beat their chest.
Re: Reasons Why My School Is Better Than Yours. by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 03, 2014
dridowu: God Bless Recte Sapere Fons for giving rooms to other school to beat their chest.

Exactly, because they were allowed.
Re: Reasons Why My School Is Better Than Yours. by baruzeez(m): 5:28pm On Oct 03, 2014
Op if u Neva reach anoda person papa farm u no fit talk say name ur papa farm beta pass
Re: Reasons Why My School Is Better Than Yours. by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
Only when i must have applied for transfer admission and get it will i stand for UNN but for now..........let me just dey gbadu am siliently! UNN IS THE BEST......,others are aware that they follow. The name even puts it ontop all other schools! lol, not to talk of.........make i just keep quite.

(1) (Reply)

Lautech: Admission To Postgraduate Regular Courses 2014/2015 / Help Help Eksu "Ekiti State University" Direct Entry Requirements / Practice Questions - Unexpected Joy At Dawn By Alex Agyei – Agyiri For UTME/SSCE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.