Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:40 AM

Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? (64884 Views)

Is It Okay For A Lady To Wear This To Church? (photos) / Christians Engaging In Premarital Sexual Relations Before Marriage, Is It Okay? / Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by michaelwestern(m): 7:29am On Oct 03, 2014
Am not really sure if its okay for christians to eat ileya meat. Some people will call it food offered to idols, but the bible permits us to eat any kind of meat. So is it okay to eat ileya meat?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Mynd44: 7:33am On Oct 03, 2014
As Christians, it is not right to eat it. Don't even touch it. Just send it to my house and I will dispose of it for you

234 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 03, 2014
Mynd44: As Christians, it is not right to eat it. Don't even touch it. Just send it to my house and I will dispose of it for you
LAWMA grin grin grin grin

Abeg meat na meat,abi e get any one wey them customise'ileya' on top? Na we dey make religion bad o..Religion suppose be peaceful and interactive..
Wether na Ileya abi na Iletioya meat,I go chop am tongue

The only thing wey go make me no chop this year own be say my mama no travel,I go follow her pretend grin

100 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Sanchez01: 7:49am On Oct 03, 2014
Mynd44: As Christians, it is not right to eat it. Don't even touch it. Just send it to my house and I will dispose of it for you
Lolz, you sure made light of the thread.

Back to the topic, OP, it is not right. As a matter of fact, sharing from the meat is the same as alluding to their deity and object of worship.

An example is seen in Daniel and the three Hebrew boys who refused to pollute themselves with the 'king's meat'. It is wrong to eat of the meat.

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by ifaoni(m): 7:51am On Oct 03, 2014
u cant serve God wt devil, do muslims eat ur xmas chicken? Gluton, onijekuje.

68 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by am0s(m): 7:52am On Oct 03, 2014
y i no go chop am....
d meat no go stop me from being succesful
....i go assist d elehas wey dey mai syd slaughter dier ram sef....

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by am0s(m): 7:54am On Oct 03, 2014
ifaoni: u cant serve God wt devil, do muslims eat ur xmas chicken? Gluton, onijekuje.
imagine ow dem take waste d chicken wey for go belle..
anyway i no go waste dier own.....i go show dem ow to chop am

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by am0s(m): 7:55am On Oct 03, 2014
Sanchez01:
Lolz, you sure made light of the thread.

Back to the topic, OP, it is not right. As a matter of fact, sharing from the meat is the same as alluding to their deity and object of worship.

An example is seen in Daniel and the three Hebrew boys who refused to pollute themselves with the 'king's meat'. It is wrong to eat of the meat.

old testament

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 03, 2014
OP na him sweet pass oo. wink
Just use the Ileya meat chop amala ati ewedu (pelu gbegiri). cheesy
Chai!! Pls try use glove chop am abeg, cuz you fit follow chop your fingers as e go take sweet. grin

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by SirHouloo(m): 8:13am On Oct 03, 2014
1 cor 8 vs 4
4 Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one. 5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), 6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live. 7 However, there is not in everyone that knowledge; for some, with consciousness of the idol, until now eat it as a thing offered to an idol; and their conscience, being weak, is defiled. 8 But food does not commend us to God; for neither if we eat are we the better, nor if we do not eat are we the worse. 9 But beware lest somehow this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak. 10 For if anyone sees you who have knowledge eating in an idol’s temple, will not the conscience of him who is weak be emboldened to eat those things offered to idols? 11 And because of your knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?

151 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by anselm791(m): 8:22am On Oct 03, 2014
Well Jesus ate with tax collectors and sinners, who am I not to eat ileya meat?

90 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by AfricanApple(f): 8:46am On Oct 03, 2014
ROFL, mind44 no kill psn with laff biko.
I was angry with dis stupid hold up but now my mind free small

5 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Rich4god(m): 8:52am On Oct 03, 2014
Nothing is wrong bro... Eat any meat from any where except if you suspect poison.... If dem like, mk dem bring the meat right from okija shrine... So long its healthy... I go eat am...

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by jobsat34(m): 9:22am On Oct 03, 2014
just in case, yu cant eat it when yu are being given, kindly pm me and i will arrange for a way to get it..

if dem like self, make dem offer it to satan n not the gods alone, what i no see no dey kill

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by olayincar(m): 9:43am On Oct 03, 2014
SirHouloo: 1 cor 8 vs 4
4 Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one. 5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), 6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live. 7 However, there is not in everyone that knowledge; for some, with consciousness of the idol, until now eat it as a thing offered to an idol; and their conscience, being weak, is defiled. 8 But food does not commend us to God; for neither if we eat are we the better, nor if we do not eat are we the worse. 9 But beware lest somehow this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak. 10 For if anyone sees you who have knowledge eating in an idol’s temple, will not the conscience of him who is weak be emboldened to eat those things offered to idols? 11 And because of your knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?

Thank you ma brother

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Macelliot(m): 12:11pm On Oct 03, 2014
BlackStallion: OP na him sweet pass oo. wink
Chai!! Pls try use glove chop am abeg, cuz you fit follow chop your fingers as e go take sweet. grin
Probably, you are advicing the POSTER to eat the meat because it is sweet and not because of Love.
Chaiiiiii, Man shall not live alone by meat but by the Word that comes from God.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Macelliot(m): 12:11pm On Oct 03, 2014
BlackStallion: OP na him sweet pass oo. wink
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by michaelwestern(m): 12:49pm On Oct 03, 2014
Am more confused now. i need scriptural reference.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by twosquare(m): 2:21pm On Oct 03, 2014
michaelwestern: Am more confused now. i need scriptural reference.
But a scriptural reference has been given to you above...an idol is nothing in this world...give thanks and chop but do not let greed motivate ur partaking instead of love...if ur conscience is weak then don't but as for me..if given,I do eat and if not in the mood,whether chicken or italian shrimps you give me..I won't take it..it is not a sin

18 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 03, 2014
Why not,I eat it,like seriously.

Am already on diet pill for me to consume more meat tomorrow.

Religion fanaticism isn't for me.

22 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by tijjanioyan: 11:37pm On Oct 03, 2014
ileya&christmas which is of idolatory?at least one could trace d origin of ileya in d quran &bible

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Nobody: 4:14am On Oct 04, 2014
ifaoni: u cant serve God wt devil, do muslims eat ur xmas chicken? Gluton, onijekuje.
lol... tnk u jare

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by khadysaggs(f): 6:36am On Oct 04, 2014
Yes can you imagine calling ileya idolatory like seriously yOu guys are not cristns because the origin is right there in the old tesmnt of the bible
tijjanioyan: ileya&christmas which is of idolatory?at least one could trace d origin of ileya in d quran &bible

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by idu1(m): 10:24am On Oct 04, 2014
khadysaggs:
Yes can you imagine calling ileya idolatory like seriously yOu guys are not cristns because the origin is right there in the old tesmnt of the bible
i just want to b luking at them. Most of this christain guys doesn't know anything abt d bible. The history of ileya come from Abraham. And am sure is in the bible. Did Abraham offer his animal to an idol? Most on u christian r jst idiot that need to be ignored.

94 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by debraleey: 12:00pm On Oct 04, 2014
There is nothing like sallah in d Bible. Animals were sacrificed but not for sallah! Anyway i used to eat d meat but cos of location now i can't.....to me it is d same meat we buy from market naa.....just as u pray on ur food b4 eating u can pray on d meat if u feel somehow. For d time being i'd say stick with ur convictions...

5 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by khadysaggs(f): 12:13pm On Oct 04, 2014
To be honest you guys are not cristns your Just doing your own thing,check the history of prophet abraham that was asked by God to give his only child as scrfce then wen he ws about doing that God send an angel with a ram,so do u mean u don't belv in that history,you guys need help
debraleey:
There is nothing like sallah in d Bible. Animals were sacrificed but not for sallah! Anyway i used to eat d meat but cos of location now i can't.....to me it is d same meat we buy from market naa.....just as u pray on ur food b4 eating u can pray on d meat if u feel somehow. For d time being i'd say stick with ur convictions...

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by khadysaggs(f): 12:20pm On Oct 04, 2014
idu1:
i just want to b luking at them. Most of this christain guys doesn't know anything abt d bible. The history of ileya come from Abraham. And am sure is in the bible. Did Abraham offer his animal to an idol? Most on u christian r jst idiot that need to be ignored.
my bro pls ignore them they seriously need help

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by CANTICLES: 3:41pm On Oct 04, 2014
Anyway, this is a funny thread ... Back to business : u guyz need to answer this two questions .... 1. Will muslims celebrate 'ileya' if assuming Abraham sacrifice his firstborn ?? ( coz that would mean firstborns will b roasted for ileya festival) If NO, y do it bcoz its a ram ! 2. Did Abraham even eat the ram after offering the sacrifice ??

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Kooldude01: 7:34pm On Oct 04, 2014
What goes into a man does not make him unclean but what come out.

25 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by BraveGuy: 8:25pm On Oct 04, 2014
Why do people always forget that Jesus says food offered to idols pollute His people? If Jesus can say that why do we try to justify it?

He complained that "Balaam" was permitted in doing it to His people.
Revelation 2:14 "But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication."

He also complained that "Jezebel" was permitted to doing it to His people.
Revelation 2:20 "Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest (allows) that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols."

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by khadysaggs(f): 10:17pm On Oct 04, 2014
You guys are just lost and no matter wat I say u wil nvr cum to light its a waste of my good tym....

22 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by ayusco85(m): 11:45pm On Oct 04, 2014
Yes u can, as long as its prepared like this

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Chinese Authorities Blow Up Christian Megachurch With Dynamite (pics) / The Train: Movie On Mike Bamiloye's True Story / Names Of God And Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.