Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,930 members, 7,835,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Ekiti: Don't Use My Past As Blackmail In The Present - Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti: Don't Use My Past As Blackmail In The Present - Fayose (730 Views)

What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? / Don't Use Your Generator For 1 Month- Ben Murray-bruce Challenges Fashola, Other / Ojukwu's Son Alleges Blackmail By Family Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti: Don't Use My Past As Blackmail In The Present - Fayose by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 03, 2014
Stop cursing me over Ekiti judge’s beating – Fayose

Ekiti State Governor-elect, Ayodele Fayose, has lamented the barrage of insults and curses being hurled at him over the circumstances surrounding his alleged “supervised beating” of an Ekiti High Court Judge, Justice John Adeyeye.

Stating that although he had “erred” in the past, Fayose claimed he had since turned over a new leaf and challenged his critics to produce pictures and evidence of him leading a group of thugs “with a gun or an axe” to beat up Adeyeye.

Writing on Twitter, the incoming governor said it was unfair for his critics to malign and misrepresent him based on his ugly past, adding that he would never be “confounded” by such criticisms.

According to Fayose, the “last chance” given to him by the Ekiti people to govern them in the next four years is a brilliant opportunity.

He added that he had great plans for development.

“Is it honourable to haul insults and rain curses on me? Honestly, it hurts that I am this frequently misrepresented and maligned.

“The All Progressives Congress and their paid agents should come to terms with my victory at the polls. These physical and online attacks will not pay off in the end.

“Ekiti people have given me this one last chance. I am not confounded by criticisms. This is democracy. By all means criticise me but please stick to facts.

“We are all fallible but no one should use my past as blackmail in the present. I promise you things will be different,” Fayose wrote on Twitter.

He argued that God gave him victory over the incumbent governor, Kayode Fayemi, adding that he wouldn’t have emerged winner if God “knew I would be bad for Ekiti People.”

Fayose described the non-indigenes of Ekiti criticising him as “zealots” and warned them against dabbling into the politics of the state.

Loads of great plans of empowerment, he argued, were being planned for students, noting that on assumption of office his administration would unveil the details.

Accusing social media activists of posting falsehood online with a view to discrediting him, he advised that online commentators should shape public opinion with truth.

“These non-Ekiti zealots who’re more patriotic than real indigenes stand for war. We want peace. You also can’t just point at me for bringing thugs to court without evidence. It’s baseless, unfounded and unacceptable.

“Peace is our collective responsibility. No enmity is necessary. I’m poised for peace and prosperity for my people. I welcome your thoughts. This is a new era. We all err but the future supersedes the past. These are days of peace

“The proof of the pudding is in the eating and the Ekiti people have given me this one last chance. I humbly call on my supporters on social media to please not abuse, curse nor bully anyone while trying to defend me. Let’s embrace peace,” he added.

But Chairman of the National Human Right Commission, Prof. Chidi Odinkalu, expressed dismay over the apparent silence of top political figures over the assault on Adeyeye.

Odinkalu stated that senior politicians who needed services of judges for their election petitions were not attacking the assault on the judicial officer.

“Why would senior politicians who need judges for their election petitions keep mum when judges are assaulted? Our greatest human rights and national security problem in Nigeria is impunity. Everyone expects to get away with wrongdoing,” Odinkalu said.

Also, President of the Civil Rights Congress, Sheheu Sani, stated that tyranny must be confronted headlong by well-meaning Nigerians.

The civil rights activist said since the Ekiti citizens began the consumption of the rice distributed by the Peoples Democratic Party during the governorship campaign of the party, it appeared that peace had been eluding the state.

“Since the consumption of PDP basmati rice by some people of Ekiti, peace has eluded the state. That rice must have been grown along with ganja in Afghanistan.

“But only when the slightest of tyranny is confronted with the biggest of protest will it not advance to the next phase,” Sani wrote on Facebook.

Lamenting the attack on Adeyeye, lawmaker representing Kwara Central Senatorial District at the National Assembly, Dr. Bukola Saraki, said humiliating a judicial officer was saddening.

“What impression are we giving the outside world where the sanctity of the rule of law has been undermined? For a public official in temple of justice to be attacked and humiliated while on official duty and Federal Government is looking the other way is unacceptable,” Saraki tweeted

http://www.punchng.com/i-punch/stop-cursing-me-over-ekiti-judges-beating-fayose/
Re: Ekiti: Don't Use My Past As Blackmail In The Present - Fayose by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 03, 2014
We are all fallible but no one should use my past as blackmail in the present. I promise you things will be different - Fayose

I believe this statement is sincere.....waiting for the Court verdict of his eligibity to be Governor less than 10 years after the first impeachment.
Re: Ekiti: Don't Use My Past As Blackmail In The Present - Fayose by tomsniel(m): 10:24am On Oct 03, 2014
I hope he has truly turned a new leaf.
Re: Ekiti: Don't Use My Past As Blackmail In The Present - Fayose by wonda26(m): 11:43am On Oct 03, 2014
Hmmmnnnn.... Fayose, nor blame us.... We have seen 'many new leaves' ...even up to weeping politicians embarassed

You know say una ways too much. grin
Re: Ekiti: Don't Use My Past As Blackmail In The Present - Fayose by size38: 12:18pm On Oct 03, 2014
Oh! Fayose finally admitted the fact that his past life was bad? But unfortunately to him, his present life style is even worst than his past life. Sincerely, Fayose has bitten more than he can chew. The legal hammer is about to be hit on his head. Fayose must leave. Fayose don shit for law court.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti: Don't Use My Past As Blackmail In The Present - Fayose by atinukedam(f): 12:50pm On Oct 03, 2014
God wil hlp u fayose
Re: Ekiti: Don't Use My Past As Blackmail In The Present - Fayose by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
/ Re: Ekiti Elections: Hard Lessons For APC – Femi Fani- Kayode by Timehin(m): 9:25pm On Jun 28

It is commendable that Governor Fayemi gallantly conceded defeat to Fayose and i hope they will work together for the development of Ekiti state.

The newly elected governor should note that "to whom much is given, much is expected". His "second chance" should be totally dedicated to the social, economic, educational service e.t.c of his people and it shouldn't be for political witch-hunt. He should realise that it is not a priviledge but the will, trust and love of his people inspite of his past shortcomings and controversies, thereby his re-election is a call to service, a service which he must deliver and not fail.

I congratulate and wish him a successful tenure.

I hope Fayemi will tow the path of honour and not attempt in connivance with some elements subvert the will of his people.
Re: Ekiti: Don't Use My Past As Blackmail In The Present - Fayose by egift(m): 1:33pm On Oct 03, 2014
He argued that God gave him victory over the incumbent governor, Kayode Fayemi, adding that he wouldn’t have emerged winner if God “knew I would be bad for Ekiti People.”

Nigerian politicians hiding behind God's name to promote their evil. Fayose's thugs beat up Adeyeye. Instead of starting with a simple apology, he is still acting like a thug.

(1) (Reply)

PDP Chieftain Bags Life Imprisonment For Raping Pregnant APC Woman / FCT Minister A Drug Addict ...... / Jonathan Now Faces Tough Task In Southeast, Southsouth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.