Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:49 AM

Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? (18467 Views)

Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge / 17 Health Benefits Of Egg Plant (garden Egg) / Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by konjakonja(m): 11:09am On Oct 03, 2014
Good day beautiful women of the kitchen,good day fellow gentlemen that consume what the special ladies cook.

Please I need your help or contributions on this argument I had with my pretty Judith yesterday. We met 5 months ago in a friends birthday party and exchanged phone numbers. To cut long story short,she came to my house yesterday and insists she wants to cook white rice and beans I said to her Nne! You know I don't eat beans please, just prepare rice and stew,her response was " hell no, you can't meet your protein requirement if you don't eat beans" I said but there is meat and fish which I know contains protein,why do we need any other thing in the name of meeting your so called protein requirement? She answers by saying that it has been proven scientifically that protein from plant origin is better than that of animal. Since I am not a science inclined person,I had to settle for her beans that night but something in me tells me she used my brain to drink garri that moment by bringing science into it. Please those of you with good knowledge of food science should help me out please..

Thank you,
Bro Konjakonja

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by konjakonja(m): 11:30am On Oct 03, 2014
Seun seun please Sir, move this to homepage,I really want to learn.
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by owolabifunke14(f): 12:49pm On Oct 03, 2014
Let me help u out. Ur girl lied to u, animal protein is 100% better than plant proteins. Here are my scientific based reasons of which everyone who knows about nutrients would attest to, (1)proteins from animal origin contains essential amino acids such as methionine and lysine which are lacking in plant proteins. (2)plant proteins contains antinutrients haemagglutinins and lectins which have ability of agglutinating red blood cells in a fashion similar to antibodies and thus poisonous to humans (3)every plant contains hydrogen cyanide or prussic acid which could cause anoxia of central nervous system,it is only methionine from meat that can detoxify cyanide through a pathway known as cyanide thiocyanate sulphur transferase rhodenase. If not in children poor growth will occur and sperm formation will be poor in adults. Methionine helps ur liver and bone as well(4)every food from plant contains what is called tannin:this tannins binds protein and impairs it availabilities,it only lysine supplied through the consumption of meat that can help ur system destroy d polyphenols such as chlorogenic caffeic and make proteins available for ur brain and subsequent distribution of serotonine in ur system.(5)plant protein sources such as beans,soya bean and ground apparent digestible crude protein of 45%,42% and 41% respectively whereas meat contains about 110-150% crude protein.(6) milk and egg are the only complete food in nature because they contain all the nutrients/classes of food in their right proportions,guess what,they are both from animal. I will stop here,please tell ur girl friend that she was wrong. Animal protein is better than plant protein. NB: cooking or boiling also detoxifies the antinutrients I mentioned above but not completely.

42 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by konjakonja(m): 1:46pm On Oct 03, 2014
^^^Thanks but some terminologies you used though undecided

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by feedthenation(m): 2:20pm On Oct 03, 2014
Both are very good source of protein in the right proportion.

In growing children animal protein is good, whilst for adults, less consumption of animal protein and more of plant protein is advisable because of cholestrol in their body.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by konjakonja(m): 5:07pm On Oct 03, 2014
feedthenation: Both are very good source of protein in the right proportion.

In growing children animal protein is good, whilst for adults, less consumption of animal protein and more of plant protein is advisable because of cholestrol in their body.
Thanks bro, the cholestrol does it come as a result of excess consumption of meat? Seun seun please front page

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by owolabifunke14(f): 9:26pm On Oct 03, 2014
konjakonja: ^^^Thanks but some terminologies you used though undecided
Hey there! I didn't use strong terms,I explained it the way a layman would understand
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by owolabifunke14(f): 9:29pm On Oct 03, 2014
feedthenation: Both are very good source of protein in the right proportion.

I disagree with u on d adult protein intake part.. I'm a lover of beans but u can't campare animal protein with plant protein#fact

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by lepasharon(f): 2:39am On Oct 04, 2014
plant protein is healthier

6 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Decapo: 2:40am On Oct 04, 2014
I dunno
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by iccydope(m): 2:40am On Oct 04, 2014
grin Trust me, I'm not high cool
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by slickyb(f): 2:42am On Oct 04, 2014
dey both gud source of protein thou, but guess I would rather go for Animal source. Thank you
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Johnnoo(m): 2:43am On Oct 04, 2014
Animal protein is better than plant protein
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by slickyb(f): 2:44am On Oct 04, 2014
dey both gud source of protein thou, but guess I would rather go for Animal source. Thank you
smiley
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by moneybag100: 2:46am On Oct 04, 2014
You get one chop u no thank God you still dey ask which one better pass.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Damfash(m): 2:48am On Oct 04, 2014
I think animal protein is better.
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Nobody: 2:53am On Oct 04, 2014
Animal protein.
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Nobody: 2:53am On Oct 04, 2014
Plant.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by adrainuche(m): 3:04am On Oct 04, 2014
Abeg i dey hungry, Even if na Milk i go drink.. lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Desdola(m): 3:07am On Oct 04, 2014
Animal protein is better and will be better than plant protein
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Nobody: 3:10am On Oct 04, 2014
Animal protein is good in a growing body that has insulin to control the level of cholesterol growth within the body while plant protein is better for old people because the level of insulin in their body is deficient.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by miss2895(f): 3:18am On Oct 04, 2014
All things been equal animal protein might br better but now it goes through so much processing that reduces it nutrients

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Nobody: 3:22am On Oct 04, 2014
today its my birthday guys...patrickdarlins.....am so happy....+ sala day alltogeda....and even coupled with fp tinx...ok...its a good sign....many likes on my head pleassssseeeeeee......

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by ignis: 3:24am On Oct 04, 2014
To me, protein is protein, whether from plant or animal.

My own is, let the food sha be sweet.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by SmooshCHN: 3:25am On Oct 04, 2014
patrickdarlins: today its my birthday guys...patrickdarlins.....am so happy....+ sala day alltogeda....and even coupled with fp tinx...ok...its a good sign....many likes on my head pleassssseeeeeee......
Happy Birthday and make sure you give her some manly Proteins . wink

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Nobody: 3:29am On Oct 04, 2014
SmooshCHN: Happy Birthday and make sure you give her some manly Proteins . wink
hhahah...badt guy.....i will...surely will...thanks man
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Nobody: 3:30am On Oct 04, 2014
Animal protein.
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Nobody: 3:31am On Oct 04, 2014
patrickdarlins: today its my birthday guys...patrickdarlins.....am so happy....+ sala day alltogeda....and even coupled with fp tinx...ok...its a good sign....many likes on my head pleassssseeeeeee......
Happy birthday hon.
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by lilprinze: 3:31am On Oct 04, 2014
Proteins are known as the building blocks of
life: In the body, they break down into amino
acids that promote cell growth and repair.
(They also take longer to digest than
carbohydrates, helping you feel fuller for
longer and on fewer calories—a plus for
anyone trying to lose weight.) You probably
know that animal products—meat, eggs and
dairy—are good sources of protein

unfortunately, they can also be high in
saturated fat and cholesterol.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Nobody: 3:35am On Oct 04, 2014
Amusaopeyemi:
Happy birthday hon.
thanks preety...am grateful
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by adebisiema(m): 3:37am On Oct 04, 2014
Why you know kuku google am?

Bkos my head is really dry nw
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Sepp360(m): 3:46am On Oct 04, 2014
owolabifunke14: Hey there! I didn't use strong terms,I explained it the way a layman would understand
Only food, agricultural and biological scientists could vividly understand what you said. You told the truth shaaa, but you almost wrote plant proteins off... E nor good oo... cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Recipe: How To Prepare ADALU (beans And Sweet Corn Pottage) / Price Of Bread Set To Rise As Bakers Lament High Cost Of Ingredients / What Did You Cook Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.