Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,924 members, 7,810,549 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

You Can't Marry Her! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / You Can't Marry Her! (3139 Views)

Who Deserve To Marry Her Among The 4 Men??? / Facts About Bill Gates You Can't Believe. / How To Become An Instant Author Of A Book Even If You Can't Write (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can't Marry Her! by sirwebs(m): 11:49pm On Jul 30, 2006
In a well furnished sitting room. Mum and Dad sit on the couch and Son sits on an armchair opposite them

Mum: You cannot marry her!!
Son:   Come on mother, why?
Dad:  Son, Son (sitting up) Listen to your parents. Let her be.
Son:  Father, I am surprised at you. Really I am. You…you seemed to like.
Dad: Yes I did…I do (gesticulating) But you said it yourself, she disappoints you a little.
Son:  come on guys. I said I was a little bit disappointed at her intellectual abilities…her academic abilities. She took the           university matriculation exams twice and she graduated with a second class lower degree.
Mum: ehem, yes (sneering)
Son: apart from that she’s fine. She’s smart, brilliant, informed. You know, school isn’t everything (shrugs). She’s amazing   mother.
Mum: Indeed
Dad: My son, son listen. I don’t want to sound (pauses) How do I put it. Classy, elitist…whatever. But you know the pedigree you come from. We are all seasoned intellectuals. I’m a professor, your mother has a PhD and two masters degrees. Your sister. She’s at Harvard and you. (Pauses) look at yourself lad. Two masters degree and your not yet thirty.
Son: (sighs) Pedigree, Pedigree, Pedigree, (pouts)
Mum; yes, can I help you? Uh huh, what’s wrong with that? Tell me son (lowers her voice menacingly) what’s wrong with that?
Son: Nothing mother, Nothing (lowers his voice) and yet everything… (Smiles cynically and grits his teeth; then exhales) you know, I think I love her. Really, I do. She makes me happy. She’s smart mother (faces her) maybe not a genius….but she’s smart and sophisticated.
Mum: sophisticated. (Eyebrows raised)
Son: yea, modern
Mum: Amazing, sophisticated! Nice adjectives huh.
Dad: (shockingly) DARLING
Son:  You know father, Mother. I am the one who should be grateful she’s marrying me.
Dad:  (cynically) Really?
Mum: Yea, amazing
Son: she’s beautiful, smart, educated (looks at his mother with a smile) amazing. She can get married to anybody she wants and she chose me.
Mum: are you crazy
Dad: son you embarrass me and belittle our family
Son: If anybody has any flaws it is me.
Mum: you son, Hear yourself.
Son: Oh yes, it is me. (Standing) Remember folks I have genetic flaws. I have sickle cell disease. (Backs them)

Mum and Dad look at each other in pain with mouths agape.
Re: You Can't Marry Her! by Seun(m): 12:10am On Jul 31, 2006
If he had sickle cell disease, his parents have known about it long ago. You will need to explain this in the next episode, which I am looking forward to already. ;-)
Re: You Can't Marry Her! by kiki(f): 2:13am On Jul 31, 2006
i'm kinda lookin forward 2 it 2
Re: You Can't Marry Her! by beyunce(f): 5:30pm On Jul 31, 2006
yup yup me too
Re: You Can't Marry Her! by Damsal(f): 11:21pm On Jul 31, 2006
interesting so far. Just waiting for the second part.
Re: You Can't Marry Her! by lopez(f): 5:25pm On Aug 18, 2006
hi sirwebs ,
this is a lovely story i was really into it
BUT tell me the last line was a slip of pen. cos i could you spoil such a lovely piece with , haba except you have a lovely part 2 . looking forward to seeing it
Re: You Can't Marry Her! by ugochy(f): 2:03pm On Sep 21, 2006
Its absolutly beautiful, do u write proffesionally?
Re: You Can't Marry Her! by kiki(f): 5:04pm On Sep 21, 2006
where is the part 2222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222
Re: You Can't Marry Her! by Orikinla(m): 8:51pm On Sep 26, 2006
It is okay.

Why are good stories on Nairaland written in the format of dramatic dialogue?

Are you scared of prose?
Re: You Can't Marry Her! by princesa(f): 3:30pm On Oct 22, 2007
am also waiting for part 222222222
get it on quick
Re: You Can't Marry Her! by zukkie4eva(f): 11:51am On Nov 02, 2007
Hey Sirwebs, could you please release "You can't marry her" Part 2?? angry

(1) (Reply)

99 Must Read Nigerian Novels (1938 - 2013) / Serpent love 18+ / Diwali Essays In Tamil Language | Diwali Festival Essays In Telgu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.