Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Girard:enyeama Is A Top Class Goalkeeper. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Girard:enyeama Is A Top Class Goalkeeper. (742 Views)

Vincent Enyeama Is FIFA Best Goalkeeper Of The Group Stage So Far. / Enyeama Is Europe’s Best Goalkeeper / Vincent Enyeama Is Man Of The Match For the 2nd time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girard:enyeama Is A Top Class Goalkeeper. by orobs93(m): 2:53pm On Oct 03, 2014
Source Goal.com

The Super Eagles shot-stopper played a key role in his side picking up a point at the Volkswagen Arena, with the 32-year-old making 11 saves in total
Oct 3, 2014 11:43:56 Lilleboss Rene Girardhailed Vincent Enyeamaas a top-class goalkeeper after the Nigerian's heroics in Thursday's Europa League draw at Wolfsburg.
The Ligue 1 outfit were under siege for much of the game at the Volkswagen Arena but looked set to nick a fine away win thanks to Divock Origi's 77th-minute penalty and Enyeama's spectacular shot-stopping, with the Super Eagles ace making a total of 11 saves over the course of the 90 minutes.
The 32-year-old was belatedly beaten by a sensational late strike from Kevin de Bruyne but Girard was extremely thankful to his No.1 for earning the visitors a precious point.
"Vincent Enyeama did what he had to do," he told reporters after the game. "I would say that Enyeama was his usual self. He was there when he had to be.
"That is the characteristic of goalkeepers of a high level and he is definitely of a very high level.
"Defensively, we were strong, solid, but he was very active. We were like a reed that bent but still managed to stand up.
"It's good, because the boys can see now that they can live with these games of such a high intensity.
"Given the budgets of the team teams, to get a draw at Wolfsburg is not a bad result at all."
The result leaves Lille third in Group H, level on points with Krasnodar and two adrift of leaders Everton.
Re: Girard:enyeama Is A Top Class Goalkeeper. by Afrok(m): 3:03pm On Oct 03, 2014
We've always known Enyeama to be a top goalkeeper, but our defenders always failing our top goalkeepers since the time of Sir Lord Lugard undecided.

1 Like

Re: Girard:enyeama Is A Top Class Goalkeeper. by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 04, 2014
I hope arsene wenger sees this.. I remember Keshi picking in on him in some of our matches.. African don't value their own.. Probably if it was enyeama in the stick against Congo, the score line would have been less. After the exit of enyeama, I forsee doom in the goalkeeping department... Fly Africa flag higher Bro...

1 Like

Re: Girard:enyeama Is A Top Class Goalkeeper. by M4gunners: 10:19am On Oct 04, 2014
I watched that Game Enyinama was fantastic that evening.

1 Like

Re: Girard:enyeama Is A Top Class Goalkeeper. by internetpo(m): 12:21pm On Oct 04, 2014
Links to watch the highlights please?

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Boss Wenger Apologises To Mourinho / Stephen Keshi's Reaction When Asked About His Sack By The NFF / No Player Can Afford To Bribe Me For A Place In Super Eagles –keshi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.