Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,966 members, 7,845,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation (32038 Views)

Ebola: South African Woman Tested Negative - Minister of Health, Prof. Chukwu / Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud / Minister Of Health Warns Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by dein77(m): 5:55pm On Oct 03, 2014
omokab: What is the proplem with monthly sanitation?is it not helping the state to look clean except some other state which they are born to be dirty.The federal govt have no saying in the monthly sanitation because they are not funding it.so if they are ready to introduce sanitory inspection is a welcome idea it wil also help to control all type of dirty in each state.Meanwhile,monthly sanitaion is basically on waste evacuation while sanitory inspection is basically to checkmate all type of health hazards that may generate from uncleaniness.

This exercise is no longer working. Piling up filth till the 3rd / 4th Saturday of every month is a wrong approach to cleaning the environment. Instant evacuation is the way to.go.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 03, 2014
Nice move
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by honeric01(m): 6:47pm On Oct 03, 2014
See dirty lazy people jumping up and down the thread.

Some are even trying to make this a political issue bringing up names of the govt that started it.

If there was nothing like this in place, I am sure Lagos would have turned a huge refuse dump.
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by Emmanel67(m): 6:55pm On Oct 03, 2014
So dey want de whole Nigeria 2 be dirty like Aba abi?
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by btoks: 6:58pm On Oct 03, 2014
dein77: It's a welcome idea. I thought the Minister had either seen it on my Facebook wall or someone who saw it had told her.
I made a serious case for the cancellation of the exercise two weekends ago, after I was told at AGOFURE Motors in Warri that I wouldn't be travelling till after 10 am because sanitation exercise was in place.
It's archaic and dumb to have such a policy in place. It may have worked during the Buhari/Idiagbon era when it was conceived, but we have moved on, and so.should our policies.
It's very old fashioned to bring a nation/state to a standstill for 3 hours once in a month for Environmental sanitation. Environmental sanitation is an everyday exercise.
Apart from some khaki guys mounting roadblocks here and there isn't much happening on these days.
It also encourages environmental abuse, as people indiscriminately litter their environment and then wait till a month's time when another . exercise takes place.
Federal and state ministries of Environment should collabo and train and equip environmental health officers who should go about to monitor our environment, and ensure appropriate sanctions are levied against offenders.
This exercise is long overdue for abolishment.
I agree,it makes you wonder how much the economy is affected by the standstill. As mentioned by a few posters, cleaning of public space,gutters etc is the responsibility of LG and should be on a daily basis. people can be educated in different ways to keep inner surroundings clean. It'll certainly help if there's a proper waste management system in place.

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by chinedujazzy(m): 7:13pm On Oct 03, 2014
The sanitary inspectors can still be introduced,no need for d cancellation of the Sanitation exercise
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by fapcrook(m): 7:22pm On Oct 03, 2014
kolomax: I did not even understand anything
why? Are u a slow learner? Sorry
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by Iceathome(m): 7:31pm On Oct 03, 2014
Maybe, its part of creating 3million jobs as demanded by GEJ

Its a welcome development if well harness and implemented.

I could remember back in d days when its was d duty of boys scout, boys brigade etc where d inspection officers, d exercise was smooth but since d police took d office everywhere looks more dirty becos alot of ppl no send d police. They rather sit inside watching tv or family meeting.

I support d minister on this.

2 Likes

Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 03, 2014
Health Minister On Environmental matters

Mrs Lawrencia Laraba-Mallam where at dou
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by onyeuka: 7:54pm On Oct 03, 2014
why kwanu ?
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by BabaO2: 8:11pm On Oct 03, 2014
StealthyMe: Minister of Health, Onyebuchi Chukwu has called for the cancellation of monthly 'environmental sanitation days' by states, as he wants the reintroduction of sanitary inspectors.

This disclosure was made known Friday by Special Assistant on Media and Communication to the Minister of Health, Nigeria, Dan Nwomeh on his official twitter account.

SOURCE

What's your take on this ?
Rubbis-h, it will soon be another avenue for extorting money from the public like FRSC etc,,,becuse, these people will ask us to pay some money for health certifications etc, the inspectors will not be different from normal Nigerian police or FRSC law enforcers.
Environmental sanitation is working in Lagos state at least....
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by 1miccza: 8:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
Jabioro: He want to create another burden for us,meanwhile he making another pipeline to drained d treasury..may l ask him,is that our "koko" in health sector?

Bros na so english hard reach??Speak english abeg?
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by 1miccza: 8:33pm On Oct 03, 2014
Valstresser: Monthly sanitation is under concurrent list so is purely state affair nd not under exclusive list.

Oga wetin concern sanitation with concurrent list??Over sabi na disease oo
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by PenSniper: 8:34pm On Oct 03, 2014
kolomax: I did not even understand anything
''

Not to worry buddy, theres nothing to understand. Its about environmental sanitation-turned footballing exercise and touting. You cant understand anything in a society without norm, without standard and with laws without teeth.
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by 1miccza: 8:37pm On Oct 03, 2014
barcanista: A clueless Minister that doesn't know that Environmentals is under the purview of States

Oga he called for anyone can make a call even u. All this ITK dey run person belle abeg...
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by 1miccza: 8:42pm On Oct 03, 2014
shejane:

Thirded
Fourthed
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by jovalkom(m): 8:42pm On Oct 03, 2014
kenkwodoski: hmmm...this kinda cancellation self....they better resolve the issue sharpaly because sanitation is cleaniness, and cleaniness is next to GODLINESS

if cleanliness is next to godliness why wait till the end of the month b4 cleaning up. That means you are only godly for a day in 30 days. Dats so bad beta cancel d yeye thing
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by WinkWrld: 8:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
Have u guys forgotten how Lagos was smelling in the early 90's
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by 9jatatafo(m): 8:49pm On Oct 03, 2014
I read once in TELL magazine how the top generals and big oil magnate carry out pipeline vandalism and oil theft during the period of environment Sanitation. If the cancellation can happen then it is a good news but I am sure those bad guys will repel every move to spoil their racketeering.
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by akunjohn(m): 9:25pm On Oct 03, 2014
didadavid: Sanitary inspector? Another due process oo

PS: I just found the real video of the ''Shekau Not dead" claims...See the video Here I just hope the video was shot before he was killed o. That bastard

U mean say shekau shot d video abi d video shot shekau?
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by Flango: 9:42pm On Oct 03, 2014
Valstresser: Monthly sanitation is under concurrent list so is purely state affair nd not under exclusive list.

The concurrent list is a federal and state affair. Eg, education, health care etc. Whereby d legislation of d state and federal govt clashes, then that of d federal govt overrules that of d state. It's as simple as that.
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by nickxtra(m): 9:48pm On Oct 03, 2014
CoolHunk: Good call. As long as the inspectors shun corruption and act professionally.
shun corruption ?
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by tconfi: 10:00pm On Oct 03, 2014
It is not working!
People only use the time to rest at home!

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by lonelydora: 10:02pm On Oct 03, 2014
That is the truth, Sanitation is a day I see as no movement day. Instead of doing the sanitation I sleep till 10 am. My compound is always clean.
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by mcmeffy(m): 10:42pm On Oct 03, 2014
Hmmm. I can smell revenue generation! Returns for the boss!
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by 100Cents: 10:48pm On Oct 03, 2014
Nonsense..
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by etcme(m): 10:53pm On Oct 03, 2014
Reminds me of the "Government Inspector"
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by sonnie10: 12:59am On Oct 04, 2014
Those village people will suffer. Their pots of soup would be inspected and sometimes impounded by the inspectors.
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by naijaking1: 3:21am On Oct 04, 2014
International health care workers have since laughed at Nigeria's military-men mentality to everything, including our personal hygienic issues. How can you maintain clean body and soul if you have only have to do it once a month, and because someone is forcing you to do it? Being clean is a habit that needs to be thought, learned, and passed down to our children for their own good health.
Kudos for this long over due policy change!

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by StealthyMe(m): 3:40am On Oct 04, 2014
mcmeffy: Hmmm. I can smell revenue generation! Returns for the boss!

lol grin ...
Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 04, 2014
jovalkom:

if cleanliness is next to godliness why wait till the end of the month b4 cleaning up. That means you are only godly for a day in 30 days. Dats so bad beta cancel d yeye thing
don't wrong quote me..i don't mean 'clean' in just one day...
Cleaniness is a habit, and it cannot be done once in thirty days... Am just emphasizing on its importance... By resolving it, i actually mean increasing the days of sanitation in a month...

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Health Calls For The Cancellation Of Environmental Sanitation by dein77(m): 7:37am On Oct 04, 2014
toureman: They want Nigeria to b dirty abi

No. On the contrary, they want a cleaner and safer environment for all of us.
We all know the monthly sanitation hasn't worked.
shutting down economic activities for 3 hours for sanitaion exercise is old fashioned. Environmental sanitation is an everyday exercise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

4 Simple Exercises To Help You Get Rid Of Belly Fat / How To Survive The Current Hot Weather In Nigeria / Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicant Over Ebola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.