Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,421 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

My Toyota Camry Needs Help Pls - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Toyota Camry Needs Help Pls (1236 Views)

Should I Replace My 15inch Rims With 16inch Rims On My Toyota Camry 2001 Model? / My Toyota Condor Wont Start When The Engine Is Hot. Pls Help. / Help My Toyota Corolla Unusually Gulps Fuel!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Toyota Camry Needs Help Pls by cmoney22222: 4:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
Great NL"er,

Our Toyota camry 1997 LE just got out of the port today,

Firstly, as i was driving home, i notice flame coming out from the Engine, like 5 min, check light came up, the car started going off and on till i got home. Secondly, the dashboard isn't showing any sign of overheating but when i opened the bonnet, the engine was very hot and i saw flame coming out from the radiator side. Lastly,when the car is turned on, the 2 fans does not work(spin) but when the Ac is on, then the two fans starts to work, is this normal? I want your help on this pls and a recommended Engineer who can fix them.

Thanks for reading.
Re: My Toyota Camry Needs Help Pls by erico2k2(m): 5:07pm On Oct 03, 2014
cmoney22222: Great NL"er,

Our Toyota camry 1997 LE just got out of the port today,

Firstly, as i was driving home, i notice flame coming out from the Engine, like 5 min, check light came up, the car started going off and on till i got home. Secondly, the dashboard isn't showing any sign of overheating but when i opened the bonnet, the engine was very hot and i saw flame coming out from the radiator side. Lastly,when the car is turned on, the 2 fans does not work(spin) but when the Ac is on, then the two fans starts to work, is this normal? I want your help on this pls and a recommended Engineer who can fix them.

Thanks for reading.
As always on this forum we always advice.go and scan your car.come back with the codes.
When I say flames you mean fire? Or just smoke?.did you open your radiator to see if its short of whater? did you check if Engime oil is short. Did you look at 5he body of your Engine to see if it has oil leak on the surface?is there any kind os smoke frm the exhust?what are the ligjts the lit up om the dash is it possi le to take a screen shot n post?
Re: My Toyota Camry Needs Help Pls by cmoney22222: 5:15pm On Oct 03, 2014
please where can i scan the car, its just smoke, i checked the radiator and the and its not short of water, the engine oil is okay and not kind of smoke form the exhaust, the check engine light came up and the engine overheats but its not indicating on the dashboard, could you recommend an engineer so that it can be checked?

Thanks

erico2k2:
As always on this forum we always advice.go and scan your car.come back with the codes.
When I say flames you mean fire? Or just smoke?.did you open your radiator to see if its short of whater? did you check if Engime oil is short. Did you look at 5he body of your Engine to see if it has oil leak on the surface?is there any kind os smoke frm the exhust?what are the ligjts the lit up om the dash is it possi le to take a screen shot n post?
Re: My Toyota Camry Needs Help Pls by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 03, 2014
Its normal for engines parts to be hot and when radiator fluids, engine oil or some other fluids touches a hot engine part, it produces some smoke and also some smell. As per your fans turning on when AC is switched on, that's the way it ought to work. To check if your cooling fan works, turn on your engine and wait for some minutes, the fan willl start up and stop after a while. It keeps repeating this intermittent on and off cycle and that's normal. To know if your car is overheating, check the dashboard instrument cluster gauge, if the temperature gauge needle rises to the red mark, you have a problem. But if it stays below the red mark, you're good to go.

As for your engine light on, when did it come on? Did you fill up your tank to the brim?
If yes, let me know, if no, scan it and post the codes here.
Re: My Toyota Camry Needs Help Pls by erico2k2(m): 6:18pm On Oct 03, 2014
cmoney22222: please where can i scan the car, its just smoke, i checked the radiator and the and its not short of water, the engine oil is okay and not kind of smoke form the exhaust, the check engine light came up and the engine overheats but its not indicating on the dashboard, could you recommend an engineer so that it can be checked?

Thanks

Follow what lomomike has said.Also this smoke is it coming from jusy the radiator.can U pin point where its coming from?
Re: My Toyota Camry Needs Help Pls by Bossmd: 6:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
@Op please do whatever Lomomike tells you.

Scan the car and post your DTCs.
Re: My Toyota Camry Needs Help Pls by cmoney22222: 9:16pm On Oct 03, 2014
I know I could always get help from my Masters here. I didn't fill the tank, the fuel was at the half guage. Pls where can I get the car scan ? I leave at tejuosho, the car goes off while driving also and when idle.
Pls lomomike
lomomike: Its normal for engines parts to be hot and when radiator fluids, engine oil or some other fluids touches a hot engine part, it produces some smoke and also some smell. As per your fans turning on when AC is switched on, that's the way it ought to work. To check if your cooling fan works, turn on your engine and wait for some minutes, the fan willl start up and stop after a while. It keeps repeating this intermittent on and off cycle and that's normal. To know if your car is overheating, check the dashboard instrument cluster gauge, if the temperature gauge needle rises to the red mark, you have a problem. But if it stays below the red mark, you're good to go.

As for your engine light on, when did it come on? Did you fill up your tank to the brim?
If yes, let me know, if no, scan it and post the codes here.
Re: My Toyota Camry Needs Help Pls by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 03, 2014
cmoney22222: I know I could always get help from my Masters here. I didn't fill the tank, the fuel was at the half guage. Pls where can I get the car scan ? I leave at tejuosho, the car goes off while driving also and when idle.
Pls lomomike

Aha! You need a new idle position sensor but still scan that car with an OBD ii scanner.
Re: My Toyota Camry Needs Help Pls by cmoney22222: 10:18pm On Oct 03, 2014
Yes boss, where can I get the car scanned with an OBD !! Scanner pls, can you recommend where I can get it scned and how much does the new idle position sensor cost and where can I get it pls. Sorry for too many question sir

lomomike:

Aha! You need a new idle position sensor but still scan that car with an OBD ii scanner.
Re: My Toyota Camry Needs Help Pls by doroboss(m): 10:26pm On Oct 03, 2014
cmoney22222: Yes boss, where can I get the car scanned with an OBD !! Scanner pls, can you recommend where I can get it scned and how much does the new idle position sensor cost and where can I get it pls. Sorry for too many question sir

You "might" not require any sensor idle speed sensors get dirty with age and this lowers the rpm, in most cases cleaning would solve the problem. What you need is qualified technical assistance mechanical and electrically contact me via my signature or go to automedics in ltv. Good luck.
Re: My Toyota Camry Needs Help Pls by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 03, 2014
cmoney22222: Yes boss, where can I get the car scanned with an OBD !! Scanner pls, can you recommend where I can get it scned and how much does the new idle position sensor cost and where can I get it pls. Sorry for too many question sir

Ask of ladipo spare parts market or go there with a mechanic. I dont stay in Lagos.
Re: My Toyota Camry Needs Help Pls by ugobanks: 10:36pm On Oct 03, 2014
hi guys i had the same issue with my car. it goes off while driving. please is there any technical guidance you guys can recommend. it is a toyota corolla 2010.
Re: My Toyota Camry Needs Help Pls by cmoney22222: 12:09am On Oct 04, 2014
I should just go there and tell the spare part dealer that I need the idle sensor, what's the price range pls

lomomike:
Ask of ladipo spare parts market or go there with a mechanic. I dont stay in Lagos.
Re: My Toyota Camry Needs Help Pls by cmoney22222: 12:24am On Oct 04, 2014
Could you drop your number so I can call you please, hope you have the OBD scanner as lomomike has advised me , thanks
doroboss:

You "might" not require any sensor idle speed sensors get dirty with age and this lowers the rpm, in most cases cleaning would solve the problem. What you need is qualified technical assistance mechanical and electrically contact me via my signature or go to automedics in ltv. Good luck.
Re: My Toyota Camry Needs Help Pls by mayor2013: 12:40am On Oct 04, 2014
Check my signature to scan your ride
Re: My Toyota Camry Needs Help Pls by cmoney22222: 12:58am On Oct 04, 2014
How can I check you signature, I do I use the feature, could you drop you number pls? And how much is it?
mayor2013: Check my signature to scan your ride
Re: My Toyota Camry Needs Help Pls by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 04, 2014
cmoney22222: How can I check you signature, I do I use the feature, could you drop you number pls? And how much is it?
Lemme make it easy, this are Mayor2013's numbers 08165520837 or 08156087872. Call him

(1) (Reply)

Clean BMW For Sale / Car Advice: Vehicle Suspension Problems / Honda Odyssey Engine Constructed In An Honda Accord 2003 V6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.