Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,450 members, 7,770,121 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:19 AM

President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation (14214 Views)

Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki / President Buhari Delivers First Eid-el-kabir Message / President Goodluck Jonathan's Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation by englishmart(m): 5:54pm On Oct 03, 2014
ofar Compatriots, I greet and felicitate with all our countrymen and women of the Islamic faith as we celebrate this year’s Eid-El-Kabir.

I also congratulate all believers who have successfully undertaken the Hajj this year as enjoined by Prophet Mohammed (May Peace Be Upon Him).

As they conclude the rites of the Hajj and prepare to return home, let us all join them in offering special prayers for greater security, peace, unity and progress in our dear country as well as for the peaceful and successful conduct of next year’s general elections.

With this week’s issuance of a formal notice of the impending general elections by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), another national campaign season is now truly upon us and I urge all political leaders in the country to place the overriding interest of the well-being and progress of our fatherland above all other considerations in the coming campaigns and elections.

My administration has done its sincere best in the past four years to implement its agenda for national transformation and move our country forward on several fronts.

I thank the many individuals, stakeholders, groups, associations, non-governmental organisations, unions nd political leaders from across the country who have, in recognition and appreciation of ur efforts and commitment to repositioning our dear nation for more rapid growth and development, urged me to seek a second term in office.

In deciding on an appropriate response to such calls, I will place the greater interests of national harmony, cohesion, unity, security, political stability, progress, equity, justice and fairness above any personal ambition or sectional agenda.

I urge all other political leaders in the country to do the same. Let us all rise above unedifying, unpatriotic and selfish personal interests and divisive sectional agenda in the coming national elections.

Let us also commit ourselves more to the sustenance of democracy and political stability which are essential prerequisites for the advancement of good governance, inclusive economic growth and rapid development.

In spite of the significant progress we have made in the past four years, our dear nation continues to face critical challenges in some areas. I am convinced however that if we persevere and continue to build diligently on what the present administration has achieved, we will surely overcome all hindrances and fully establish a stronger, more united and prosperous nation that
meets the aspirations and yearnings of all of our people.

As we celebrate the Eid-El-Kabir, let us also rededicate and commit ourselves to the Holy Prophet’s injunctions of piety, honesty, charity and generosity to the less privileged, impartial leadership and true justice for all.

These virtues and lessons will surely stand our nation in good stead as we continue our journey towards the fulfillment of our founding fathers’
vision of a great nation.

May Allah’s blessings be upon all our compatriots who have undertaken the Hajj this year and on our dear country.

I wish all Nigerians currently in the Holy Land a safe journey back home.
Happy Eid-El-Kabir to you all.

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR

President, Federal Republic of Nigeria

October 3, 2014
Source:

http://reubenabati.com.ng/2014-Eid-El-Kabir-Message-to-the-Nation.html

247ureports.com/?p=18052

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation by olayincar(m): 6:00pm On Oct 03, 2014
Nice 1 bros J

3 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation by Mamaflex(f): 6:04pm On Oct 03, 2014
No wahala. They will hear.

3 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 03, 2014
Happy eid in advance
Arva: Hhmm....GEJ is becoming good and nice to the nation these days. Good messages, sudden triumph over shekau and his boys, pretending to show affection and care for nigeria..... 2015 elections on his mind.

3 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation by pelvicky(m): 6:07pm On Oct 03, 2014
Surely GEJ is not a religion fanatic.

Gej till thy kingdom come

20 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation by msmon(m): 6:12pm On Oct 03, 2014
Thank you Mr. President.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation by iceberylin(m): 6:21pm On Oct 03, 2014
ÁĹĹ ŦŐŔ 2015

ŴĔ ĤÁVĔ ĞŐŐĎ PŐĹĨŤĨČĨÁŃŚ ŃŐŤ leaders angry

18 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation by QMark: 6:21pm On Oct 03, 2014
Thanks Joe. cool

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation by akpanikpe(m): 6:21pm On Oct 03, 2014
2015 things in his mind wink

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation by greall1: 6:22pm On Oct 03, 2014
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation by sinokingz(m): 6:22pm On Oct 03, 2014
Wetin concern us
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation by Nlmadfreak: 6:22pm On Oct 03, 2014
I will keep saying.......................... I always gbadun my dear president's sweet speeches..

3 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation by sirjohnson(m): 6:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
Ok....Jonathan: Faking smiles and gestures since birth

A friend of mine calls him Badluck Ebola Jonadarft

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
Hhmm....GEJ is becoming good and nice to the nation these days. Good messages, sudden triumph over shekau and his boys, pretending to show affection and care for nigeria..... 2015 elections on his mind.

11 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation by free2ryhme: 6:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
i am still at work

will comment later
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation by platz(m): 6:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
nd how will this bring back chibok girls

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
mtcheeeew, yeye religion

8 Likes

I hate it when he smiles

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation by timilehing(m): 6:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
What can I say to our dear mumu President?? Active only during election cloud

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation by hok4u(f): 6:25pm On Oct 03, 2014
Mr president is using eid kabir to campaign,God dey.GEJ till . . . . . .

4 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 03, 2014
Nice one Mr. President sir....please let us all embrace peace
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation by Samneer: 6:25pm On Oct 03, 2014
I dey come!

Make I go shit first

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation by born2lead01: 6:25pm On Oct 03, 2014
Great
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation by Abdul247(m): 6:25pm On Oct 03, 2014
Just passing by

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation by Samneer: 6:25pm On Oct 03, 2014
I dey come

make a go shit first
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation by scanp(m): 6:26pm On Oct 03, 2014
May ur days be long,, all dos beefing u will die b4 dia tym..... GEJ till 2019

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 03, 2014
platz: nd how will this bring back chibok girls
Ask and consult IFA

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation by sirjohnson(m): 6:26pm On Oct 03, 2014
pato2775: .
hok4u: .
Samneer: I dey come!
Make I go shit first
timilehing: booked

On top wetin?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation by donigspain(m): 6:26pm On Oct 03, 2014
Jonathan till Armageddon!

Happy Big Sallah to my Muslim brothers.

[size=18pt]Long live Jonathan, Long live Aba Tailors Association[/size] grin grin

6 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation by Adenugay(m): 6:26pm On Oct 03, 2014
Ok ooo

Comparing Buying A House Or Building Yours From Crash. Which One is Better?
>>>> http://www.cloudbuildersnigeria.com/2014/10/comparing-buying-house-or-building-from-crash.html
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Eid-el-kabir Message To The Nation by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 03, 2014
Jonathan Jonathan.
The man is not bad at all sha.
He is a very good man but a weak man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Water Scarcity Hits Abuja / Names Of 27 New Commissioners In Abia And Their Portfolios / Arewa Comnunity In Lagos Hold Rally For Bola Tinubu And Sanwo-olu (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.