Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Let Us Applaud Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let Us Applaud Nigeria (985 Views)

WHO, Global Fund Applaud Okonjo-iweala’s Appointment / 2015 Guber: Imo Youths Applaud Choice Of Iheanacho As APGA Candidate / I Applaud Chilean Government Efforts On Miners - Can This Happen In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Let Us Applaud Nigeria by MrPeaceman(m): 10:20pm On Oct 03, 2014
I observed some things, and I feel Nigeria is worth an applaud. It marvelled me, how a somewhat super power nation could wonder on Nigeria's capability to tackle the dreaded Ebola disease without foreign assistance. They under estimated us, and were proved wrong. We came up with alternative drug, it was called a pesticide; "because Nigerians are so dumb to not know the difference between a pesticide and a drug? I could only wonder less, when we allowed the inferiority complex that we have always exibited to manifest again, it manifested before (HIV & Aides cure was developed by a UNIBEN professor, but we have soon forgot the news, still because of our inferiority complex, dancing to the tune of superiority pressure), and authorities that ought to defend our interest fearlessly, compromised to pressure.
Nevertheless, I say applaud and celebrate Nigeria, not because we are now perfect and no longer having challenges, but because we have always remained strong and tenaceous in the face of every arising challenge. Ebola was a tough challenge, what made a whole nation to bath with salt and water isn't funny, but it sounds funny though. Our spirit of strength, ability and agility surfaced, and was proven in the fight against it. It left the whole world astonished. Taking an indept look at the issue, you'll observe that Nigeria's potential is unlimited, not just because of the successful Ebola fight, but on seeing the synergy, dedication and intelligence we put to play in the fight, and if such effort is geared or channelled into other facets of our everyday life, then you wouldn't agree less on our remarkable future potential. Maybe some of you would read the above lines undeciphered, and probably asking how? What do you mean? The reason we are yet to fully utilize this our effort and realize that potential goal is just because of our lack of unity. But in the case of the Ebola, we unitedly fought the fight, because we saw it as a threat to all of us irrespective of our religion, ethnicity, political parties etc, whereas in other cases, we are not unified because some sections of the country sees a particular problem to be a problem of only a particular section alone, we are not concerned.
I'm a positive Nigerian, not because I'm not aware of the negativities, but I'm hopeful. In my opinion; Nigeria has achieved alot in recent years. It became the number one economy in Africa et al. Though, it could have achieved more, but it failed. I still think we should celebrate and appreciate Nigeria for what it is, for what it was, for what it will be.
-MrPeaceman

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

400 Boko Haram Insurgents Killed In Battle At Madagali,bazza...... / PDP Governorship Aspirant Kidnapped / 15 dead,as protester clashes with police over ban of kpomo meat.pixs included.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.