Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,680 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? - Investment (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? (94859 Views)

Which Bank Has The Best Rate For Fixed Deposit Account? / How Best To Invest N150,000 In Nigeria / Which Bank Is Best To Use For Fix-deposit Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by Shollay20(m): 3:47pm On Oct 06, 2014
Gtb bank best ever to me.......
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by valdes00(m): 3:47pm On Oct 06, 2014
Bank for where, when MAMA RISI THE THRIFT COLLECTOR still dey my street

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by Gloria3389(f): 3:50pm On Oct 06, 2014
geophyscist:
op you are too pretty to use the word useless
hnmmm...really??... I'll take that as a compliment....
meanwhile tell me more about your username...
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by ice234: 3:52pm On Oct 06, 2014
UBA lost me on the 30th of Sept, 2010.

Gloria3389:

I'm sure 80% of past customers won't agree with u....I'm one
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by ice234: 3:53pm On Oct 06, 2014
UBA lost me on the 30th of Sept, 2010. After 5 years of banking with them.

Gloria3389:

I'm sure 80% of past customers won't agree with u....I'm one

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by Joshkid(m): 3:53pm On Oct 06, 2014
nifemi25:
Stanbic IBTC is the best bank to me. Theyare rreliable and there service is the Best as am consign.
brO u dey spoke ooh!...Na concern, no b consign...#nO Offence th0'
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by egubere: 3:54pm On Oct 06, 2014
UBA remains the best
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by 2rutalk(m): 3:55pm On Oct 06, 2014
Eco bank useless, UBA, 419bank ewu shocked grin cheesy cheesy
geophyscist:
op you are too pretty to use the word useless
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by Edoblakky(m): 3:56pm On Oct 06, 2014
I can't vouch for any bank. That's why I've reduced my accounts to only 2. I went to gtb to open a dom account for dollars, pounds and euros and they gave me a form to fill. In the form I was asked if I operate a gtb account to which I filled yes. They collected the form from me and told me it will be scanned and sent to my branch in PH. That was how I waited adinfinitum and the accounts were not opened. I had to give another filled form to a friend travelling to PH to submit before the accounts were opened. What a manual bank! There was also a time I was in Florence, Italy for a training and needed to transfer cash to my wife using First bank token. Omon, na so dem block my token say I entered invalid codes. I spent over 3 days calling and sending mails before my token was unblocked. Banks in Nigeria are not ready or prepared to handle financial challenges. We use them because we have no other option!

4 Likes

Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by koladebrainiac(m): 3:57pm On Oct 06, 2014
Iamsynord:
GTB for Students, Diamond bank for Workers, UBA for Small and medium scale and WEMA bank ...for nobody ..
mumu
wema bank for retail business people .
they give loan to salary earners (confirmed staff)
they advance school fees to to those who can't afford to pay for school fees without collateral
they finance equipment like generator and cars -all you have to do is bring your account statement from other banks,open account with them and of the most better part of it, you pay 30% equity fund .

they are even advertising one product called express credit. loan without colateral . guy they are doing much . GTB ,Zenith , Access bank will jever support your business no matter how heavy u bank with them . forget service or that shit ,if small bank can support it biz ,what's the big deal.? abegi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by geophyscist: 3:58pm On Oct 06, 2014
Gloria3389:

hnmmm...really??... I'll take that as a compliment....
meanwhile tell me more about your username...
am an aspiring geophyscist currently doing my industrial attachment in lagos.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by GANDALF1(m): 3:59pm On Oct 06, 2014
JonCina:

which of the branches of Zenith Bank do you work?
which of the departments are you?

In terms of operation, all the banks are implicated. A branch might be very good while another branch of the same bank might be very poor in service delivery.

I deal with @least 7 of these banks and I can say UNEQUIVOCALLY that in terms of service delivery, ACCESS BANK is far ahead of others.
This is from all the banks I have been to!

Dont be pained bro. Kindly read from pg 1 again. This time, do it carefully and count the number of times any one accused Zenith bank of poor customer service. Then count the number of times your darling bank was mentioned.

The result is GLARING

2 Likes

Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by dubbiskelly(m): 4:00pm On Oct 06, 2014
I've been to almost all the banks and i think first bank tops in terms of service. They also have a good network of branches. On the other hand, i rate Eco bank as the worst i've ever been to. Thatz my humble submission.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by akpanikpe(m): 4:02pm On Oct 06, 2014
GANDALF1:
Zenith bank is the best bank for business guys who want the best of services and world class customer care. No queue, prompt attention, 5mins turnaround time, easy access to facilities provided you satisfy the requirements, and so much more.

The zenithdirect online customer service is currently the best in the industry, no bendgates.

Having its customers best interests at heart all the time, zenith banks charges are transparent, low and pocket friendly when compared with other banks. E.g., you will get your token for as low as N1000 (can you beat that?).

Ever used Zenith bank's eazymoney app? Anyway, just imagine yourself stranded in a village with no internet access or recharge card sellers. All you need to do is dial *966*amount# and your phone will be recharged immediately. Thats a first in Nigeria.

To learn more about how Zenith bank can assist you to grow your business, kindly visit http://www.zenithbank.com/
Gbam!!!! I no need to comment again, u av said it all.

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by prowlG: 4:02pm On Oct 06, 2014
I think the question should be which bank is the worst bank to bank in Nigeria.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by Gloria3389(f): 4:04pm On Oct 06, 2014
geophyscist:
am an aspiring geophyscist currently doing my industrial attachment in lagos.
from which school
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by caprini1: 4:06pm On Oct 06, 2014
All the banks are good,depending on your need for the moment.But I enjoy Ecobank the more because of easy access throughout Ecowas.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by ayomidegambari(m): 4:11pm On Oct 06, 2014
Mud made bank, yoruba call it 'kolo'
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by nifemi25(m): 4:12pm On Oct 06, 2014
Joshkid:
brO u dey spoke ooh!...Na concern, no b consign...#nO Offence th0'

Thanks Mr WOLE shoyinka.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by Dieumerci(m): 4:14pm On Oct 06, 2014
In terms of customer service, they're all poor. But FCMB can give you a quick loan for about 17% for 5yrs, if you meet their requirements. I don't know any other bank that does that. They also open some branches on Saturday.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by Habeyy(m): 4:15pm On Oct 06, 2014
Acidosis:
The best in Lagos may turn out as the worst in Onitsha. Just walk into any bank closest to you and make enquiries, necessary checks & physical assesments like queue, population. If you're a business person with constant mobility, you might consider other attributes.

The fact that you have lots of friends banking with GTB or UBA doesn't mean you should join the train (even when the crowd around the bank is as wide as the road to hell).

I used to bank with Mainstreet (former Afribank), reasons owing to the fact that I hardly come across faulty Mainstreet ATM, also I rarely meet 3 customers in the banking hall. The no-stress discovery made me recommend this bank to my dad sometimes back and so far, we have no regret.

It all depends on what you want, but always remember, none will pay you salary for banking with them.
God bless your knowledge ...I don't understand all the fuss about this best bank of a thing

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 06, 2014
chibwike:
i knew it...someone must disobey....i hope you re aware that i purposely wrote that.
No, I'm not. BTW, how would someone consciously and purposefully "write wrongly"??
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by destante(f): 4:20pm On Oct 06, 2014
Youngsage:
UNION BANK! grin grin grin

O.k, on a more serious note, I don't see the essence of this thread cos everyone already knows its [size=24pt]GT BANK![/size]
Yea mehn!!! grin grin grin
hehe. You are kidding right? Where there is first bank? cheesy
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by foxyac3(m): 4:20pm On Oct 06, 2014
Eco bank lol
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by Audinowing(m): 4:21pm On Oct 06, 2014
its Mainstreet Bank Abeg. usually not having too much crowd in the banking hall. Also superb at internet banking.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 06, 2014
rchilee:

It is Guaranty Trust Bank not Guarantee
That's to prove my point... We correct for a living! Someone must correct you...and don't feel bad...you ain't perf!
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by francdec4(m): 4:26pm On Oct 06, 2014
My Friend and all others that will see this, I prefer UBA bank to any other!!!
Cards are widely accepted, you can receive wire transfer easily and its also affordable !!! wink
If you are banking for Paypal purposes then I think FirstBank will be a good option (they are the only Nigerian Paypal Partner for now).

I saw the notice about first bank partnering with paypal but my question is what extra advantage does that confer cos i use paypal but linked it to my zenith card, afew days ago i bought an item from ebay in usa and it was a smooth transaction. so what extra advantage is there when its a first bank card or account? i want to learn thanks.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by Ryabcool(m): 4:31pm On Oct 06, 2014
DumeloDumelo:
I so much hate UBA. From their always faulty doors to their bad customer service.
uv couldn't have said better. Thinking of exploring FCMB. Opened an account there recently and i totally loved the atmosphere
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by chibwike(m): 4:32pm On Oct 06, 2014
emusmith:
No, I'm not. BTW, how would someone consciously and purposefully "write wrongly"??
guess u skipped the part where i wrote 'dont correct me'..its just for the fun of it man
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by donblue(m): 4:33pm On Oct 06, 2014
ecobank is d worst bank in Nigeria Allah. poor banking system.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by GANDALF1(m): 4:34pm On Oct 06, 2014
francdec4:
My Friend and all others that will see this, I prefer UBA bank to any other!!!
Cards are widely accepted, you can receive wire transfer easily and its also affordable !!! wink
If you are banking for Paypal purposes then I think FirstBank will be a good option (they are the only Nigerian Paypal Partner for now).

I saw the notice about first bank partnering with paypal but my question is what extra advantage does that confer cos i use paypal but linked it to my zenith card, afew days ago i bought an item from ebay in usa and it was a smooth transaction. so what extra advantage is there when its a first bank card or account? i want to learn thanks.

No comments grin
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by ferociouz(m): 4:34pm On Oct 06, 2014
Lagusta:

wema bank.... That bank still dey exist?

Yes, it still exists and I'm proud to tell u it's one of the very few banks in Nigeria that hasn't undergone any form of metamorphosis caused by inadequate finance or any other factor.

Wema Bank provides all banking solutions that u can think of in Naija e.g internet n mobile banking for both corporate n individual customers, express credit for both micro n small scale businesses, etc.

The bank still remains d longest surviving indigenous bank in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

MMM Sets N31.735 Maximum Withdrawal Limit / Account Freezing: MMM Reacts To Nigerians' Outbursts / deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.