Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,774 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? - Investment (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? (94864 Views)

Which Bank Has The Best Rate For Fixed Deposit Account? / How Best To Invest N150,000 In Nigeria / Which Bank Is Best To Use For Fix-deposit Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by yeancol11(m): 4:37pm On Oct 06, 2014
Gt bankGt bankGt bank
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by ogaprime(m): 4:40pm On Oct 06, 2014
Op u won start anoda kind of war...

Religious war dey
School war dey
Football club war dey
Phone war dey
Political war dey
Even
Boyfrend nd girlfrend war dey
Now
U won start
Bank war
Bulls Eye: Me I no dey ooo
Well sha #teamdiamond
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by Dexpro: 4:40pm On Oct 06, 2014
SmellMyFart:
I bank with stanbic ibtc bank currently but i'm considering closing my account there and opening a new account with a different bank.

I lost my sim together with my phone. I later bought a new phone and a new sim. Went to the bank and requested a change of mobile number so as to be getting alert on any transaction I make. The customer care said I should put it into writing(letter) which I did but all to no avail. I then went to another branch to complain about it hoping it would be resolved there. To my greatest surprise, the customer care there declined to my request. WHY? she said my account wasn't opened in that branch albeit I have provided every proof she asked for. The bank sucks big time.

I think GT bank is your best option.

Stanbic abi na Stanley belongs to PENSIONERS! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 06, 2014
Everybody is advertising their employers. Very few here are customers.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by Chudiking(m): 4:51pm On Oct 06, 2014
odikomo1:
Have you ever been to a bank and spent more time than neccesary?. And the next thing you here after the frustration is 'thank you for banking with us'. Isn't that annoying. To me sure it is. So now if a person wants to open an account, which bank will you recommend without bias?.
Menh na first bank to be frank as long as I'm concern,i also gives some credits to zenith bank plc
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by Vengeance: 4:52pm On Oct 06, 2014
grin

Only one true competent bank exists in Nigeria and that's . . . Zenith Bank!

The other wannabes are scum banks with deplorable repugnant services worse than the filthiest filth in the dirtiest feces-recycling-plant in the universe angry
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by adeowo84(m): 4:53pm On Oct 06, 2014
please help a bro...i need a job
agric econs
second class upper
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by Nicepoker(m): 4:59pm On Oct 06, 2014
Currently with eco and fcmb. I gat no problem wit them at all.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by Ryabcool(m): 5:02pm On Oct 06, 2014
zicoraads:
Keystone Bank! Formally Bank PHB. Have been with them for years and I haven't had any reason to want to leave em.

But generally speaking, I think it depends on the branch or something. You might go to GT Wuse branch and the service would be superb. But go to their Garki branch and encounter problems.

Or you might meet some customer care lady who is pregnant or whose boyfriend has just disappointed and she would certainly take the frustration out on you.

Most of these banks are great!
Keystone/PHB was my sole bank since 2008 until around May. Someone sent a considerable amount of money and i intended to use it asap. Could you believe the money didn't get credited into my account for 5 days? They fed me a story about server being upgraded. When i was finally able to withdraw, i calmly walked into UBA, Diamond and FCMB and opened new bank accounts that very day. Learned to not put all my eggs in one basket.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by CrazyMan(m): 5:03pm On Oct 06, 2014
Caracta:
I recommend NO bank. Keep your money to yourself or spend as you like. Live one day at a time cheesy
Hmm...don't tell me you're still saving money inside kolon. tongue
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by Yazmin: 5:06pm On Oct 06, 2014
emusmith:
Sorry! In NL, we correct for a living. It is Guarantee Trust Bank, abbreviated GTBank...
I'm sure you're single. Married folks are humbled by their spouse's correction.

Sorry to correct you.
It is GuarantY Trust Bank, not Guarantee. ...
Pls refer to the branches and website.
Many thanks

2 Likes

Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by agafiya: 5:13pm On Oct 06, 2014
Evagreenfields:
grin
Will I be able able to withdraw money from the main bank when I start saving?
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by agafiya: 5:13pm On Oct 06, 2014
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by Abdulhafis00: 5:14pm On Oct 06, 2014
Am usin fedility bank, bt 2 d sincere zeneth bank is d best.
They av high klas customer care, dere service z surperb. Dey are d best bank 2 bank wit cheesy
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by ImDFavoured1: 5:14pm On Oct 06, 2014
Edoblakky:
I can't vouch for any bank. That's why I've reduced my accounts to only 2. I went to gtb to open a dom account for dollars, pounds and euros and they gave me a form to fill. In the form I was asked if I operate a gtb account to which I filled yes. They collected the form from me and told me it will be scanned and sent to my branch in PH. That was how I waited adinfinitum and the accounts were not opened. I had to give another filled form to a friend travelling to PH to submit before the accounts were opened. What a manual bank! There was also a time I was in Florence, Italy for a training and needed to transfer cash to my wife using First bank token. Omon, na so dem block my token say I entered invalid codes. I spent over 3 days calling and sending mails before my token was unblocked. Banks in Nigeria are not ready or prepared to handle financial challenges. We use them because we have no other option!
So sorry for the inconvenience. I'l recommend skye bank to you. Being a Nigerian, u can open an account online which u can operate outside Nigeria. They call it skye global. Just go to www.skyebankng.com, den click on the 'open account' option and finally select 'skye global'

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by Kagarko(m): 5:19pm On Oct 06, 2014
odikomo1:
Have you ever been to a bank and spent more time than neccesary?. And the next thing you here after the frustration is 'thank you for banking with us'. Isn't that annoying. To me sure it is. So now if a person wants to open an account, which bank will you recommend without bias?.

JAIZ Bank Plc
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by kazmanbanjoko(m): 5:19pm On Oct 06, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by johnikwoyi: 5:25pm On Oct 06, 2014
access bank always

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by jideomowunmi(f): 5:26pm On Oct 06, 2014
Ryabcool:
Keystone/PHB was my sole bank since 2008 until around May. Someone sent a considerable amount of money and i intended to use it asap. Could you believe the money didn't get credited into my account for 5 days? They fed me a story about server being upgraded. When i was finally able to withdraw, i calmly walked into UBA, Diamond and FCMB and opened new bank accounts that very day. Learned to not put all my eggs in one basket.

Chai....bro u get plenty money ooo...removed from one bank and went to 3 different banks... grin

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by tunde1200(m): 5:27pm On Oct 06, 2014
GTbank and Zenith!
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by Mordyb: 5:27pm On Oct 06, 2014
I would say gtb especially when i travel but i have the worst account officer ever but its not compared to my dads ecobank officer very poor service upon the money you put. Thinking of trying stanbic heard their retirement account is the best
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by DECOtech(m): 5:34pm On Oct 06, 2014
Acidosis:
(even when the crowd around the bank is as wide as the road to hell).
abeg oh! ...have you seen the road to hell before?
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by davo3286: 5:39pm On Oct 06, 2014
Left for me I will never put my money in any bank. I hate banks because they suck!
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by IykeChukz(m): 5:41pm On Oct 06, 2014
I've tested many and am comfortable with GTBank as far as Nigeria is concerned. Don't let me name the #Worst...
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by peleson: 5:50pm On Oct 06, 2014
GANDALF1:
Zenith bank is the best bank for business guys who want the best of services and world class customer care. No queue, prompt attention, 5mins turnaround time, easy access to facilities provided you satisfy the requirements, and so much more.

The zenithdirect online customer service is currently the best in the industry, no bendgates.

Having its customers best interests at heart all the time, zenith banks charges are transparent, low and pocket friendly when compared with other banks. E.g., you will get your token for as low as N1000 (can you beat that?).

Ever used Zenith bank's eazymoney app? Anyway, just imagine yourself stranded in a village with no internet access or recharge card sellers. All you need to do is dial *966*amount# and your phone will be recharged immediately. Thats a first in Nigeria.

To learn more about how Zenith bank can assist you to grow your business, kindly visit http://www.zenithbank.com/
Guy u be zenith bank staff
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by charlesashilo: 5:55pm On Oct 06, 2014
Emyemyberry:
Either of these should be the best,uba,diamond,firtbank,zenith,gtb,but for the worst its Ecobank

Seconded!

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by segzybam(m): 5:55pm On Oct 06, 2014
I'll name the best and the worst. Best: is FirstBank plc. Worst: Uba usesless bank of africa.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 06, 2014
Mrkuvuki:

U aint a professional...its guaranty not guarantee
Baby! I'm trying to explain how we correct ourselves on NL...you've just driven home my point. lol. GTB is my bank...
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 06, 2014
rchilee:

It is Guaranty Trust Bank not Guarantee
Thanks, but it ain't necessary even as I am trying to drive home my point that we all here are being corrected... You completed my sentence.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by GANDALF1(m): 6:02pm On Oct 06, 2014
peleson:

Guy u be zenith bank staff

Will this reduce the rising cost of Garrii in the local markets? grin

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by ignis: 6:02pm On Oct 06, 2014
Access bank is the best....

Ecobank is the worst. ..
Re: Which Bank Is The Best To Bank With In Nigeria? by badoh(m): 6:06pm On Oct 06, 2014
You dnt need to castigate any bank if you don't know their modus operandi. There are rules guiding service delivery in every banks. How could it take a bank to verify your passport for half an hour? Is that possible? obviously not. Most banks in nigeria have tried to upgrade their banking applications in order to bring a seamless service delivery. For the OP asking if wema bank still deh exist, pls be informed that wema bank is on ground and is a bank that cannot be pushed aside in service delivery. You can be at the comfort of your home and doing your banking business by exploring the bank's internet application which are wemaonline and wemamobile. The bank has continued to lay emphasis on giving every customer a delightful and memorable service experience. Walk into any wema bank branches today and you'll see a big difference.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

MMM Sets N31.735 Maximum Withdrawal Limit / Account Freezing: MMM Reacts To Nigerians' Outbursts / deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.