Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 (4600 Views)

Joda Commitee To PMB: Sack Jonathan’s Last-minutes Appointees, Review Contracts / UPDATE: NAF Bombing Boko Haram's Main Base In NE Now / Defence Headquarter Declares Airforce Alpha Jet Missing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by ayukdaboss(m): 4:32am On Oct 04, 2014
by Mr. Aye Dee
I just found out what I believe is the actual story of NAF 466 , the Alpha Jet that was shot down by Boko Haram.

A company of Nigerian soldiers was attempting to overrun a Boko Haram position in Borno, it seemed they radioed in
for help and NAF 466 assisted with a strafing run.

Due to the low altitude, the plane suffered major damage from ground fire, once the pilots realized a crash was imminent, instead of being concerned for their own safety and parachuting within territory controlled by Nigeria, the brave pilots decided to make their final mission a suicide run and aimed the Alpha Jet at a mass of BH fighters who were assembled
about a km (or so) away behind enemy
lines.

In their final act of heroism, they waited
till the last second before parachuting
out, knowing that even if they made it out
alive they would be captured and killed
by enemy forces, but their sacrifice for
Nigeria would ensure numerous Boko
Haram fighters would also die in the process.

They were right on both counts. The plane
slammed into a camp of hardened enemy
fighters (not frontline conscripts), killing
about 63 of them.

One of the pilots of that flight, Wing
Commander Chimda Hedima is the one
whose execution BH gleefully filmed. I
know that with such courageous and
selfless individuals in the Nigerian Armed
Forces, #VictoryForNigeria is certain!
http://www.newsrescue.com/heroic-unbelievable-details-kamikaze-run-nigerian-crashed-jet-pilots-aye-dee/#axzz3F8vV3Fjl

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by MANGAM(m): 4:40am On Oct 04, 2014
Gallant officers
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by lonelydora: 4:41am On Oct 04, 2014
Heroism? Kudos to our gallant men
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by blessida: 4:44am On Oct 04, 2014
a sacrifice for home and country, even the glorious US army will only do such a thing in a HOLLYWOOD movie, this is the stuff of epics.
thought of sharing this poem on nigerian heroism i saw in the literature session
https://www.nairaland.com/1860179/avast-poem-brave-young-frontline
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by ayukdaboss(m): 4:48am On Oct 04, 2014
It's really sad that good people have to die like this. RIP Gallant Officers
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by galadima77(m): 4:54am On Oct 04, 2014
RIP to the pilot
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by ochilikoko(m): 4:58am On Oct 04, 2014
May God console their. Family and friends

1 Like

Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by Andy790(m): 5:00am On Oct 04, 2014
Hmmmmm
God bless & protect our armed forces
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by Nobody: 6:09am On Oct 04, 2014
RIP to a gallant officer
RIP to my Hero
The president didn't even talk abt him his independence speech

1 Like

Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by Nobody: 6:19am On Oct 04, 2014
A salutej to the gallant troops; I find it very appalling; our govt. Don't appreciate d efforts of this soldiers; giving them, nationaal honnours et all, its quite annoyinng n bad...
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by VocalWalls: 7:25am On Oct 04, 2014
Movie ?

1 Like

Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by IdomaLikita: 7:41am On Oct 04, 2014
And what do they get? They Military disowning them!
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by BlackBaron: 8:03am On Oct 04, 2014
What sort of kindergarten story is this?

Why would a pilot go on a 'kamikaze' strafing run and then eject at the last minute?
Knowing fully well he'll suffer a worse fate especially flying beyond enemies line...

Full condolences to the family.

5 Likes

Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by drnoel: 8:09am On Oct 04, 2014
What I ask people is this. If u knew u were going to be killed by boko haram, will u just stay kneeling waiting 4 them to place a knife in ur throat and cut deep into ur neck or would u attack them and try to kill as many as possible b4 they gun u down? I won't sit and wait, I will fight to death.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by macklef(m): 8:11am On Oct 04, 2014
OP, so who reported this story to you, bokoharam or NA?
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by eejo(m): 9:18am On Oct 04, 2014
Tears in my eyes that job was for attack helicopters and abraham tanks but you used alpha jet that is used in training f-16 pilots for the job you are a hero same on Nigeria for losing a brave pilot imagine if that pilot was flying F-16 boko haram could have been in chad by now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by benega: 9:39am On Oct 04, 2014
The story is touching but How did they know that exactly 63 fighters were killed #I smell lies. But still R I P to the dead .
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 04, 2014
drnoel:
What I ask people is this. If u knew u were going to be killed by boko haram, will u just stay kneeling waiting 4 them to place a knife in ur throat and cut deep into ur neck or would u attack them and try to kill as many as possible b4 they gun u down? I won't sit and wait, I will fight to death.
you have been watching too much of american war films lately. Too bad the way you reason in a situation like this.

2 Likes

Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by ayukdaboss(m): 10:19am On Oct 04, 2014
drnoel:
You watch too much Hollywood movies.

1 Like

Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by amakufrancis(m): 10:21am On Oct 04, 2014
i dnt think Nigeria is wort dying for, after all these the NA still deny him, well am still observing........ Rip chimda
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by Rexnegro(m): 10:31am On Oct 04, 2014
Kudos to our gallant soldiers....but most time I wonder why are those bastards called BH hiding from fight of "face me I face u" kind of fight with NA when 72virgins are waiting for each one killed or die fighting ...fools , bastards, idiots..how I wish God can just cause confusion in their midst and start killing themselves without NA even fighting them.
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by onatisi(m): 11:05am On Oct 04, 2014
Dumb story fit only for nollywood movies . Nigeria airforce pilots are not dumbb and stupidd to do things like this.
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 04, 2014
onatisi:
Dumb story fit only for nollywood movies . Nigeria airforce pilots are not dumbb and stupidd to do things like this.

How should these pilots have done it, Mr. Smart guy?

1 Like

Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 04, 2014
drnoel:

Very insensitive. What if they don't kill them immediately they are captured but instead put them though a lot of harrowing experiences including starving etc to drain them of energy?

And fear too can be a factor. You don't wish to be faced with a painful death staring in your face.

1 Like

Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by idupaul: 11:21am On Oct 04, 2014
eejo:
Tears in my eyes that job was for attack helicopters and abraham tanks but you used alpha jet that is used in training f-16 pilots for the job you are a hero same on Nigeria for losing a brave pilot imagine if that pilot was flying F-16 boko haram could have been in chad by now

Its really brave to get into the cockpit of that that tiny jet trainer and go against AA fire ..how I wish Chimda had a better aircratf to fly we for see how Boko haram for fit shoot am down ... RiP to the gallant pilots in that tiny unstable bird the day it was brought down in enemy territory
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by egift(m): 11:27am On Oct 04, 2014
What type of Spin and Propaganda is this? Instead of consoling the family and felicitating with the Army, some is telling us some lousy tales. Tomorrow someone will clam he got a last minute call for interview with Alpha Jet – NAF 466 before crashing.
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by onatisi(m): 11:29am On Oct 04, 2014
hifaif:

How should these pilots have done it, Mr. Smart guy?
you said they had the choice of choosing to either parachute in a friendly area or crash the plane and get killed in an enemy area . The first thing any military man will think of is his safety and they will have parachuted in an area withing their own forces area . What happened was that the plane was shot and damaged and there was no way or means for them to parachute in the nigeria army area .simple. Why will they choose to get caught if they can avoid it.
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by idupaul: 11:30am On Oct 04, 2014
drnoel:

They have mind techniques they apply on the captive before execution, like first they treat his wounds to make sure he would stay alive to shoot the propaganda video then they shoot many of such videos on different days and after each shhot he is returned back to his cell and told the videos are needed to get the govt to exchange hime for a boko commander in govt captivity .. So on the day he will be killed he still thinks its the same routine but this time the axe drops for real.. So don't blame him

1 Like

Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by drnoel: 11:34am On Oct 04, 2014
hifaif:

Very insensitive. What if they don't kill them immediately they are captured but instead put them though a lot of harrowing experiences including starving etc to drain them of energy?

And fear too can be a factor. You don't wish to be faced with a painful death staring in your face.

Call it what u want to. Thats ur opinion. I have seen many videos of these beheading and its horrendous to watch alone. In as much as no one wants to be face with such but I still say cos no one knows where one would be or the misfortune one would face. BUt no one should watch someone beheaded and no one should be in the situation of being beheaded. In order to prevent that, I say fight to death. If in that position I would fight too, simple. If u dont like the statement go to hell.
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by slimming: 11:35am On Oct 04, 2014
God we help Nigeria
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by eruchboy(m): 11:40am On Oct 04, 2014
RIP to the courageous dead crew and our forces shall keep winning.But i am yet to understand how a "low flying" jet(not even a passanger plane) can kill `about 63' enemies except they crammed themselves or it was carrying super bombs.Mr aye "found" out what he "believes" to be the "actual story".I believe the part our ground forces "radioed" for help,they being gunned down &then parachuting down.BUT if this tale is "fully" true `i think` it shows `part' of the faults of `some' of our military leaders/tacticians who send our forces to fight without sufficient support.Why will a company(maybe 100 men or less) try to "overrun" an enemy that its front line is obviosly more than half their number(the 63 killed were part of their reserves) by themselves.my problem with the pilots is they flying at low altitude when they can simply drop bombs from high then firstly take out the enemy weapons like anti-aircraft/machine guns and they then crossed 1km into enemy lines.
Re: The Last Minutes Of Alpha Jet – NAF 466 by onatisi(m): 11:43am On Oct 04, 2014
drnoel:
yes ,he should have fought them like jackie chan or jet li. Or even killed 2000 of them as rambo or arnold would have done or even maybe killed them all like james bond . Don't mind those soldiers they don't watch american films .

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A friend's experience with PDP/APC top politicians - CramJones / The Bitter Truth About The Igbos. / Countering The Lies Of Nigeria Army On Bokoharam Rocket Factory(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.