Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,533 members, 7,770,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:11 AM

I’m No Longer Interested In N25m Compensation - Baba Suwe - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I’m No Longer Interested In N25m Compensation - Baba Suwe (32034 Views)

Court Orders Ndlea To Pay N25m Compensation To Baba Suwe / Baba Suwe Excretes 16 Pellets Of Cocaine, Cries Like Baby / NDLEA Obtains Court Order To Keep Baba Suwe 15 more Days - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m No Longer Interested In N25m Compensation - Baba Suwe by etunoman76(m): 9:08am On Oct 04, 2014
In a chat with Saturday Beats, veteran actor, Baba Suwe, described the late Bamidele Aturu, as his saviour and helper whom God sent to rescue him in his time of need.

Aturu was the lawyer that defended the comic actor when he was accused of smuggling cocaine.

He said, “I could not sign Aturu’s condolence register; it was my child that signed it. Aturu was my saviour, helper and Godsent. Aturu’s death is one of the most painful things to have happened to me.

“He was a very nice person; he was very passionate about me. When the incident happened, he came to meet me and asked me to tell him the truth if I was guilty or innocent and I told him the truth. He then assured me that he would defend me so that I would not go to jail and that’s what he did.”

Although the court vindicated the comic actor and asked that the sum of N25m be paid to him as a form of compensation by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, the humour merchant has yet to claim the money because of an appeal filed by the drug agency.

He however told Saturday Beats that he was no longer interested in the money but in a public apology.

“The NDLEA has wronged me and it is meant to find a way to make me happy. It is a slap on my face. I am not agitating for the money; I don’t need it to survive in life. All I want is an apology. If the government can tender an apology to me and publish it in newspapers, I will have peace of mind and be happy,” he said.

There were media reports that Baba Suwe was getting married soon, having lost his wife, Omoladun, a few years back. But when asked, he debunked the rumour.

“It is not true that I am about to get married. Don’t mind those saying it, they are saying rubbish. There is no atom of truth in it. If I would get married, it would not be a secret; everybody would hear about it. I also have it in mind to marry a woman that would love me as well as my children and give me peace of mind,” Baba Suwe said.

He admitted that the cocaine incident affected his work adversely, he said he was making moves to get back strong. Baba Suwe hinted that he was at the final stage of a new comic Yoruba movie he had been working on for a while.

http://www.punchng.com/entertainment/saturday-beats/im-no-longer-interested-in-n25m-compensation-baba-suwe/

1 Share

Re: I’m No Longer Interested In N25m Compensation - Baba Suwe by nedu2000(m): 9:18am On Oct 04, 2014
Baba Suwe,u must claim the money o,at least do so and give the money to charity
NB: my name is Charity grin

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m No Longer Interested In N25m Compensation - Baba Suwe by Tolexander: 10:58am On Oct 04, 2014
“He was a very nice person;
he was very passionate about
me. When the incident
happened, he came to meet
me and asked me to tell him
the truth if I was guilty or
innocent and I told him the
truth
. He then assured me that
he would defend me so that I
would not go to jail and that’s
what he did.”
and what is the truth you told him baba suwe?

That you were guilty or innocent of the charges?

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I’m No Longer Interested In N25m Compensation - Baba Suwe by Begonia(m): 11:05am On Oct 04, 2014
So they've still not compensated him.. Besides, is Baba Suwe now bleaching

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m No Longer Interested In N25m Compensation - Baba Suwe by justi4jesu(f): 12:09pm On Oct 04, 2014
Please ask me if am interested grin grin tongue

1 Like

Re: I’m No Longer Interested In N25m Compensation - Baba Suwe by Beehshorp(m): 12:09pm On Oct 04, 2014
Do ndlea compensate everybody they accuse falsely and why d need for an apology since the whole world knows ur innocent .sorry won't do u any good u know but that 25milla can change ur testimony no let dis yeye reporters ask u incriminatin questions

4 Likes

Re: I’m No Longer Interested In N25m Compensation - Baba Suwe by Misogynist2014(m): 12:10pm On Oct 04, 2014
WHAO!!! This is unbelievable.

2 Likes

Re: I’m No Longer Interested In N25m Compensation - Baba Suwe by calmdude(m): 12:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
the guy don tire to wait for the money o grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m No Longer Interested In N25m Compensation - Baba Suwe by Dexpro: 12:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
Yeye dey smell angry angry

1 Like

Re: I’m No Longer Interested In N25m Compensation - Baba Suwe by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
Dude! please go and claim your money O!
No time!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m No Longer Interested In N25m Compensation - Baba Suwe by ddooskie(m): 12:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
whose business?

1 Like

Re: I’m No Longer Interested In N25m Compensation - Baba Suwe by Tuntheycr7: 12:12pm On Oct 04, 2014
grin grin grin
Na him Mata....

In another news...
Its the day of Eid el-Kabir to my Muslim friends,
Barka da Sallah to all Muslims on Nairaland,
**may this sallah brings us peace and joy in this country..

***Please share E-meat for us here oo grin

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m No Longer Interested In N25m Compensation - Baba Suwe by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 04, 2014
U mean d 25million hasn't been paid since? Nigerian legal system.....

2 Likes

Re: I’m No Longer Interested In N25m Compensation - Baba Suwe by omanifrank(m): 12:13pm On Oct 04, 2014
kk
Re: I’m No Longer Interested In N25m Compensation - Baba Suwe by LaRoyalHighness(f): 12:14pm On Oct 04, 2014
They must pay that money ooo. We need that money. Baba! I repeat 'we need that money'.

5 Likes

Re: I’m No Longer Interested In N25m Compensation - Baba Suwe by omanifrank(m): 12:14pm On Oct 04, 2014
ddooskie:
whose business?
urs
Re: I’m No Longer Interested In N25m Compensation - Baba Suwe by ggrin(f): 12:14pm On Oct 04, 2014
undecided
Re: I’m No Longer Interested In N25m Compensation - Baba Suwe by omanifrank(m): 12:14pm On Oct 04, 2014
Begonia:
So they've still not compensated him.. Besides, is Baba Suwe now bleaching
let me call him

1 Like

Re: I’m No Longer Interested In N25m Compensation - Baba Suwe by omanifrank(m): 12:15pm On Oct 04, 2014
ggrin:
undecided
wat again
Re: I’m No Longer Interested In N25m Compensation - Baba Suwe by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 04, 2014
So he hasn't been paid.

nawa ooo.

1 Like

Re: I’m No Longer Interested In N25m Compensation - Baba Suwe by danbrowndmf(m): 12:15pm On Oct 04, 2014
yes i was der wen he was teln dem nt to gv him again,he naw ask dem to gv it to me naw,cheesy ha go carry d money buy nairaland frm seun

1 Like

Re: I’m No Longer Interested In N25m Compensation - Baba Suwe by omanifrank(m): 12:15pm On Oct 04, 2014
calmdude:
the guy don tire to wait for the money o grin
i think so..
Re: I’m No Longer Interested In N25m Compensation - Baba Suwe by sammieguze(m): 12:15pm On Oct 04, 2014
He still never get am ehn

2 Likes

Re: I’m No Longer Interested In N25m Compensation - Baba Suwe by Readonee35L(m): 12:15pm On Oct 04, 2014
Only God knows who is telling the truth

2 Likes

Re: I’m No Longer Interested In N25m Compensation - Baba Suwe by Desdola(m): 12:15pm On Oct 04, 2014
NDLEA should obey court injunction and do the needful. Baba Suwe, if personally doesn't need d money can donate it to charity org.

1 Like

Re: I’m No Longer Interested In N25m Compensation - Baba Suwe by omanifrank(m): 12:16pm On Oct 04, 2014
Misogynist2014:
u don com
Re: I’m No Longer Interested In N25m Compensation - Baba Suwe by BUSHHUNTER: 12:16pm On Oct 04, 2014
Hmm
Re: I’m No Longer Interested In N25m Compensation - Baba Suwe by TRADELYN: 12:16pm On Oct 04, 2014
grin grin shocked
Re: I’m No Longer Interested In N25m Compensation - Baba Suwe by Sirniyeh(m): 12:16pm On Oct 04, 2014
For those who asked weither baba suwe complexion is artificial, it is capital NO. Baba suwe is a man light in compexion, it's costume that turns him black in all his movies.

9 Likes

Re: I’m No Longer Interested In N25m Compensation - Baba Suwe by SAMBARRY: 12:17pm On Oct 04, 2014
Upon all his noise making he can get tired of 25m. grin
Re: I’m No Longer Interested In N25m Compensation - Baba Suwe by Whizzdom(m): 12:17pm On Oct 04, 2014
Only God knows who is telling the truth

We can't judge dah he actually or didn't take the drugs

Cos non of us were der wen the incident occurred

If he wants public apology, the NDLEA should give him one

Let - bygone be by gone ........ And may his honorable Lawyer

Rest in Perfect Peace ....... May God be with us all

HAPPY SALLAH ...... MAY GOD MAKE US SEE MORE OF IT

#BrowsingTins Jawe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nollywood Yoruba Celebrities Campaign For Buhari, Osinbajo & Ambode (Photos) / "Momma's Investment" Mercy Aigbe Show Off Her Beautiful Grown Up Daughter Michel / Onyi Alex Wore Tummy & Cleavage-Baring Outfit To Ebube Nwagbo's Movie Premiere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.