Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? (2519 Views)

RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? / Heaven Or Earth, Where Would You Rather Spend Your Eternity If Asked To Choose? / How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 12, 2014
Slaves have no rights. Slaves must do as Master said. Master says slave kill so slave kill. Master say slave slaughter so slave slaughter. Abraham is the father of all slaves.
Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by mesoade(m): 5:56pm On Oct 12, 2014
BlackStallion:

Hmm. So if your father walks into your room one day with a knife and tells you God has commanded him to slaughter you, but not to worry, after all God will surely provide him with another son, this will console you? That's great, as for me I'll suggest he should stick that knife up his rectum. So NO, I'll certainly do no such thing, and if an angel shows up to do it for me, I may just have to execute the final move of the Batoussai tongue
u ended making me laugh instead of passing a point across.

1 Like

Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 12, 2014
mesoade:
u ended making me laugh instead of passing a point across.
Lol. I'm glad. I wasn't really trying to pass across a message as such. I'm a humorous fella wink
Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by Kobojunkie: 5:21am On Mar 18, 2023
NoContract:
■ Ok, so I was going through wiki for the significance of the Eid el-Kabir and here's what I found:
Significance
-Commemoration of Abraham's willingness to sacrifice his young first-born and only son in obedience of a command from God
Now, I would like to ask every Christian on Nairaland, or whoever believes or think the (attempt to) sacrifice Isaac in the holy books was ethical: Would you kill/sacrifice your only child, if asked by your God, without no idea if it's a test or not? Yes or no? Do you consider your answer morally acceptable (within the confines of religion or lack-of)?.
1. If you examine that story carefully, God desired to use the test which He gave Abraham as a way to prove His, God's, faithfulness to Abraham. undecided
1 After these things God decided to test Abraham’s faith. God said to him, “Abraham!” And he said, “Yes!”
2 Then God said, “Take your son to the land of Moriah and kill your son there as a sacrifice for me. This must be Isaac, your only son, the one you love. Use him as a burnt offering on one of the mountains there. I will tell you which mountain.” - Genesis 22 vs 1 - 2
Abraham, a man who was under God's Law at the time, knew of God that murder— essentially what God has asked of Him— was against God, but Abraham was under obligation to obey God and so had no choice but to trust God, hopeful that God would prove Himself faithful in the end. undecided
4 But I give you one command. You must not eat meat that still has its life (blood) in it.
5 Also, I will demand your blood for your lives. That is, I will demand the life of any person or animal that takes a human life.
6 “God made humans to be like himself. So whoever kills a person must be killed by another person.
7 “Have many children and fill the earth with your people.” - Genesis 9 vs 4 - 7
So, when in verse 8 Abraham answered Isaac saying that God Himself would provide the Lamb for the burnt offering, Abraham said that trusting that God would not go against His own Word in the agreement He, God, made with him. It was a gamble Abraham took trusting that God would not condemn him, Abraham, a murderer, in His obedience of God. undecided
7 Isaac said to his father Abraham, “Father!”Abraham answered, “Yes, son?”Isaac said, “I see the wood and the fire. But where is the lamb we will burn as a sacrifice?”
8 Abraham answered, “God himself is providing the lamb for the sacrifice, my son.”So both Abraham and his son went together to that place.
9 When they came to the place where God told them to go, Abraham built an altar. He carefully laid the wood on the altar. Then he tied up his son Isaac and laid him on the altar on top of the wood.
10 Then Abraham reached for his knife to kill his son.
11 But the angel of the Lord stopped him. The angel called from heaven and said, “Abraham, Abraham!”Abraham answered, “Yes?”
12 The angel said, “Don’t kill your son or hurt him in any way. Now I can see that you do respect and obey God. I see that you are ready to kill your son, your only son, for me.”
13 Then Abraham noticed a ram whose horns were caught in a bush. So Abraham went and took the ram. He offered it, instead of his son, as a sacrifice to God.
14 So Abraham gave that place a name, “The Lord Provides.”[a] Even today people say, “On the mountain of the Lord, he will give us what we need. - Genesis 22 vs 7 - 14
So, though this was written as a test for Abraham, it was a test of God's faithfulness to all those who obey Him no matter what He decrees. God used that occasion to prove to Abraham that as long as men obeyed, He, God, was faithful and just and would always honor the agreement He made with His own — those who submit to and obey His teachings and Law. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top Twenty Countries Where Christianity Is Growing The Fastest / Billions Of Prayers Wasted / Prayer Point: God Please Touch The Heart Of Satan And Forgive It For It's Sins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.