Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,434 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? (2484 Views)

RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? / Heaven Or Earth, Where Would You Rather Spend Your Eternity If Asked To Choose? / How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by NoContract(m): 9:16am On Oct 04, 2014
Ok, so I was going through wiki for the significance of the Eid el-Kabir and here's what I found:

Significance

-Commemoration of Ibrahim (Abraham)'s willingness to sacrifice his young first-born and only son in obedience of a command from God

-Marks the end of the annual Hajj to Mecca.

Now, I would like to ask every Christian and Moslem on Nairaland, or whoever believes or think the (attempt to) sacrifice Isaac (Isiak) in the holy books was ethical:

Would you kill/sacrifice your only child, if asked by your God, without no idea if it's a test or not? Yes or no?

Do you consider your answer morally acceptable (within the confines of religion or lack-of)?

Constructive criticism please.

Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by bigiyaro(m): 9:24am On Oct 04, 2014
I can do that, but I will have to see him first.
Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by Raiders: 9:27am On Oct 04, 2014
Another dumb question in nairaland. People do stupid shit in the name of religion. Why would I kill my child for a God that don't exist?

1 Like

Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by NoContract(m): 9:28am On Oct 04, 2014
bigiyaro:

Abraham did not 'see' God. He only heard 'voices' I think.
Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by NoContract(m): 9:29am On Oct 04, 2014
Raiders:
Another dumb question in nairaland. People do stupid shit in the name of religion. Why would I kill my child for a God that don't exist?

Niglet, I understand your frustration. We're in this together.

P.S - Check my signature.
Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by bigiyaro(m): 9:36am On Oct 04, 2014
NoContract:

that is for Abraham, as for me hearing voices is not enough.

1 Like

Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by NoContract(m): 9:39am On Oct 04, 2014
bigiyaro:
that is for Abraham, as for me hearing voices is not enough.

Which techincally means a no. Thanks for sharing.
Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by dat9jaguy(m): 9:45am On Oct 04, 2014
How do you know it is God you are hearing from.One might have psychiatric problems and think they are hearing from God.
In answer to your question,NO.
Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by Tallesty1(m): 9:51am On Oct 04, 2014
Huh?
Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by Tallesty1(m): 9:54am On Oct 04, 2014
Raiders:
Are you sure he does not exist?

If yes then educate me.

I want to know.
Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by Ramon92: 10:24am On Oct 04, 2014
NoContract:

the wine and weed must be really strong..

1 Like

Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by Ramon92: 10:28am On Oct 04, 2014
Tallesty1:
Are you sure he does not exist?

If yes then educate me.

I want to know.
have you seen or heard him before?? And I ain't talking about the self induced hallucinations you do have..
Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by mesoade(m): 10:30am On Oct 04, 2014
My own God has commanded me.

Thou shalt not kill

when abraham was taking isaac to d altar,he knew God will never let him kill his child and if he killed is child,he would provide another one for him,
THIS IS THE BEST DEFINITION OF FAITH

1corinthians 1:18,
for the message of the cross is to them that perish foolishness,but unto us which are saved,it is the power of God
Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by Pennywise(m): 10:31am On Oct 04, 2014
You may have a problem convincing Judge and court appointed psychiatrist about your vision
Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by Blakjewelry(m): 10:35am On Oct 04, 2014
a times when I read that particular topic it got me puzzled. how can God an all knowing being who knows the future test somebody if he has already knows the outcome.

1 Like

Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by Tallesty1(m): 10:36am On Oct 04, 2014
Ramon92:
have you seen or heard him before?? And I ain't talking about the self induced hallucinations you do have..
Have you seen or heard me before?

I need reasonable points.
Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by bigiyaro(m): 10:44am On Oct 04, 2014
NoContract:

tank u veli veli much. cool
NoContract:

tank u veli veli much.
Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by NoContract(m): 11:01am On Oct 04, 2014
mesoade:
My own God has commanded me.

Thou shalt not kill

when abraham was taking isaac to d altar,he knew God will never let him kill his child and if he killed is child,he would provide another one for him,
THIS IS THE BEST DEFINITION OF FAITH

1corinthians 1:18,
for the message of the cross is to them that perish foolishness,but unto us which are saved,it is the power of God

You didn't answer the question. From your response, you quoted the bible, which suggests you're a christian.

Please answer the question
Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by Atigba: 11:59am On Oct 04, 2014
bigiyaro:
ehen if am your neighbour I will call the cop for you
Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by AfricanApple(f): 1:10pm On Oct 04, 2014
dat9jaguy:
How do you know it is God you are hearing from.One might have psychiatric problems and think they are hearing from God.
chronic hallucinations
Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by Idrismusty97(m): 1:12pm On Oct 04, 2014
Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by Kaywantay: 1:14pm On Oct 04, 2014
Which God? There's many Gods in this universe and dimension. A good God wouldn't pressure or toy hueman into evil acts. Creators only watch and wait. Throw different tasks for the spirits of the universe to become stronger.
Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by That2: 1:15pm On Oct 04, 2014
dat9jaguy:

Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by scaler345: 1:18pm On Oct 04, 2014
I'll kill anybody (child, dad, mum, bro, sis, neighbor, friends etc) if dats what god wants and loves.
It's a pity my god doesn't like sacrifices, killing or even worship. Almighty FSM is a cute god.
Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by herald9: 1:21pm On Oct 04, 2014
Bullshiiit!

I may kill am first if I could undecided

1 Like

Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by Kaywantay: 1:21pm On Oct 04, 2014
What if it's set/satan trying to be pretend to be God. God is love, not killing people like little lambs
Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by bigiyaro(m): 1:34pm On Oct 04, 2014
Atigba:
ehen if am your neighbour I will call the cop for you
that is if we Yankee.
Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by Ishilove: 3:39pm On Oct 04, 2014
Dakun, is the biblical Abraham the same man in the Koran who was asked by allah to sacrifice his only son?
Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by texanomaly(f): 3:48pm On Oct 04, 2014
No
Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by MacCantStopMe: 5:27pm On Oct 12, 2014
lol....
Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 12, 2014
Lol, so many rebels grin
Re: Would You Kill Your Only Child as a Sacrifice, If Asked By Your God? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 12, 2014
mesoade:
God has commanded me.
When abraham was taking isaac to d altar,he knew if he killed is child, God would provide another one for him,
THIS IS THE BEST DEFINITION OF FAITH.
Hmm. So if your father walks into your room one day with a knife and tells you God has commanded him to slaughter you, but not to worry, after all God will surely provide him with another son, this will console you? That's great, as for me I'll suggest he should stick that knife up his rectum. So NO, I'll certainly do no such thing, and if an angel shows up to do it for me, I may just have to execute the final move of the Batoussai tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Singer CHEE Adresses Por Performance At The Experience / Bishop David Oyedepo Launches Airline ”dominion Air”. / Free Download Of The Day: 'ruling The World Around You', By David Ogbueli

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.