Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:24 AM

I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? (9147 Views)

Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony / Yes! People Still Get Jobs Without Connection. / My Miracle Job Without Connection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? by CVWizards(m): 11:44am On Oct 04, 2014
Got this question from one of our Facebook fans.

“Beautiful morning CV Wizards. Please with 2.39 which is pass in a polytechnic system, would it be possible for me to get a job without connection? What are my chances of being employed?”

To be candid, It’s going to be very tough for you out there considering the fact that you’ll be competing with a lot of Distinction and Upper Credit graduates. Not to mention University graduates. I advice you apply to the University through direct entry to cover your deficiency. But you must sit up. University education is more tasking than Polytechnic education. I’m saying from personal experience because I’ve experienced both levels of education.

If You think that would be difficult, you may consider the other option which is to hit the job market. If you opt for this, then You must;

1. Work on your psyche or mindset to get rid of any form of inferiority complex associated with your grade.

2. Work on your communication skills (verbal and written). You can achieve that by reading books, watching English movies, taking note of strange words, checking them up in the dictionary for the correct spelling, pronunciation and usage. Avoid vernacular and pidgin English.

3. Acquire a Masters Degree through PGD and/ or professional certification.

4. Know the practical side of your profession. A lower grade/class of degree or diploma means you didn’t perform well theoretically. Since every profession has got a practical and theoretical aspect, there is good news for You. Only if You’ll swallow your pride, now is the best time for You to gain practical knowledge which will give You an edge over other candidates with excellent results. For instance, if you read Electrical Engineering, go and learn from the man at the road side.

5. Network: Make friends with people who know people in position to help. E.g. You may not have access to the CEO of a company. But You may know someone who knows him. You can approach that person and ask him/her to connect you to the CEO. When You eventually gain access to the decision makers, tell them what you can offer, and I believe they’ll give you a listening ear.

Good luck.

About Us:

CV Wizards is a one-stop shop for job seekers in Nigeria. Our services include:

* Professional CV writing
* Cover letter writing
* LinkedIn profile writing
* Interview coaching

Visit www.cvwizards.com.ng to learn more about us and how we can help you secure your dream job. Also visit http://www.blog.cvwizards.com.ng everyday for FREE job search articles.

3 Likes

Re: I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? by KillerBeauty(f): 1:33pm On Oct 04, 2014
Wow. Very useful info. I think everybody irrespective of the class of degree they possess should tag unto these points. Thanks op

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? by brainpower(m): 4:40pm On Oct 04, 2014
Very good points from the OP. And for the writer, he should be current with facts and happenings around him especially the job he will like to have, so that incase he is given an opportunity, he will make up for his grade through his answers. And subsequently, he should try being an entrepreneur, a lot of our youths overlook this aspect and this is a major way to make our economy grow and reduce the power our politicans and multinational companies have over us.
Re: I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? by CVWizards(m): 5:38pm On Oct 04, 2014
KillerBeauty:
Wow. Very useful info. I think everybody irrespective of the class of degree they possess should tag unto these points. Thanks op
You're welcome!
Re: I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? by tonychristopher: 5:51pm On Oct 04, 2014
Yes you can get an employ meant and that is self employment

2 Likes

Re: I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? by learnine: 8:27pm On Oct 04, 2014
if i can get a good paying job without my result, you can. It all depends on your packaging

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? by Mannylex(m): 9:10pm On Oct 04, 2014
A job, Yes. A good Job No.

3 Likes

Re: I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? by Jakeattah(m): 10:43pm On Oct 04, 2014
Good points there

Instead of looking for a job, you could also consider creating jobs

These days even people without an SSCE make it. But it won't be easy
Re: I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 04, 2014
False Hope...

There are millions out there with better qualifications.
You shouldn't be blind to oblivion. You can't get a Job with this RESULT.

... In Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? by Rosarie(f): 12:02pm On Oct 05, 2014
what on earth whre u doing that will ever make u graduate wit not evn 3rd class a pass.our younger ones coming up pls be focused in ur studies

2 Likes

Re: I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? by CVWizards(m): 5:36pm On Oct 06, 2014
TrollMan:
False Hope...

... In Nigeria.

That's not true you know. I have seen third class graduates secure better jobs than their counterparts with first class. The thing is, they should not be so dull to the extent of including it on their CV. If they do, they're most likely not going to be shortlisted for an interview.

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? by fohlarp: 8:06pm On Oct 06, 2014
TrollMan:
False Hope...

... In Nigeria.
it's a lie ,jst try nd knw big wigs of d society.4 instnc go join politcl party in Ur area wey get mouth abeg lv grades nt 2 hm dt runeth,bt God showg mercy.
Re: I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? by timilehing(m): 2:38am On Oct 07, 2014
TrollMan:
False Hope...
... In Nigeria.
Getting a job in Nigeria no longer depends on your graduating class
Re: I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? by CVWizards(m): 11:39pm On Oct 09, 2014
timilehing:
Getting a job in Nigeria no longer depends on your graduating class
Tell him.
Re: I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? by Uchboggy(m): 7:11am On Oct 10, 2014
CVWizards:

That's not true you know. I have seen third class graduates secure better jobs than their counterparts with first class. The thing is, they should not be so dull to the extent of including it on their CV. If they do, they're most likely not going to be shortlisted for an interview.
3rd class you said... Pass is worse so I agree that it's almost impossible
Re: I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 10, 2014
Yes u wil get a Job wit pass, 4 get human connection focus on GOD by his favour u wil get it.

2 Likes

Re: I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 10, 2014
TrollMan:
False Hope...

... In Nigeria.
I know someone who had 2.98 and just entered Baker Hughes...

Total is currently recruiting and someone with 2.50 was called. I just hope he is able to perform at test and interview.

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 10, 2014
It seems like many Uni grads fail to realise that their grading system is different from a poly...

Even WES that does the conversion does not do so just by using HND alone... The combine both OND and HND to convert your grade. I wonder why you guys would say that's 3rd class. Have you considered his whole GP from OND?
Re: I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? by goldtooth: 11:59am On Oct 10, 2014
2sExy1:
I know someone who had 2.98 and just entered Baker Hughes...

Total is currently recruiting and someone with 2.50 was called. I just hope he is able to perform at test and interview.

i know somebody with a third class who was called by Total. To labour is good but favour is better.
Re: I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 10, 2014
goldtooth:

i know somebody with a third class who was called by Total. To labour is good but favour is better.
goldtooth... What I have come to understand is that when this company place ads on national dailies like punch and co, they use the grade to screen so that their job becomes much easier. But there is unpublicised vacancy such as those placed on their website, apply with your poor grade. It's then in your court to prove yourself worthy of employment.

2 Likes

Re: I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? by CVWizards(m): 3:57am On Oct 11, 2014
Uchboggy:
3rd class you said... Pass is worse so I agree that it's almost impossible
Pls go through the post again. The person in question is a polytechnic graduate. In polytechnics, pass is the same as third class.
Re: I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? by So4baba(m): 9:11am On Oct 11, 2014
You can get a Very Good Job,,Buh yu can never get a job based on ur class of degree...cos many coys dnt even take 2.2(uni grad),,lower(poly grad)..Buh all na God sha...
Re: I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? by kiss2: 11:42am On Oct 11, 2014
A lady in ma foma place of wok got a job wit her 3rd class result, and she is doing well more dan any of d marketing stufs so pray N God will see u tru
Re: I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? by CVWizards(m): 3:12pm On Oct 17, 2014
Note: If you graduated with a poor grade, it's wise not to include your class of degree on your CV.
Re: I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? by CVWizards(m): 2:43pm On Oct 18, 2014
Most companies look beyond an applicant's grade. That means you still have a chance with a third class degree, but you must give them a reason to overlook your poor grade.
Re: I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? by Anglovel: 3:37pm On Oct 18, 2014
Getting a job in Nigeria no longer depends on your graduating class[/quote]
log on to www.anglovel.com
JOBS JOBS JOBS ANDREA GLOBAL VENTURES LTD RC970970 ANGLOVEL JOB RECRUITMENT CENTRE ARE U TIRED OF BEING UNEMPLOYED?ARE U DISSATISFIED WITH YOUR CURRENT JOB?HERE IS YOUR GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY LOG ON TO www.anglovel.com, follow the procedure for Registration,Upload your CV,Come for your Walk-In-Interview at our Office located at:1Q 41 Road, House 7,CBN Quarters, FHA, behind Baby Love Nursery School Lugbe Abuja.Mon-Fri 8am-3pm, 09032333847 08055517123 08089384415 www.anglovel.com GOOD LUCK AWAITS YOU! SIGNED:: MANAGEMENT

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? by CVWizards(m): 1:48pm On Oct 19, 2014
Beside grade, what else do employers lookout for? Skills, experience and attitude. So, use them to complement your certificate.
Re: I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? by CVWizards(m): 7:31pm On Oct 20, 2014
Graduating with a poor grade means you've got a lot more work to do than your counterparts. You must therefore, humble yourself and be prepared to start from a lower position, and then work your way up. You can achieve this by building your skills and establishing good relationships with your colleagues and superiors. And very important, be on the lookout for internally advertised jobs.

2 Likes

Re: I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? by CVWizards(m): 5:48pm On Oct 22, 2014
If you can't find your dream job, create your dream business. You don't even require a degree to do that.
Re: I Graduated With A Pass. Is It Possible For Me To Get A Job Without Connection? by CVWizards(m): 5:59pm On Oct 22, 2014
You may also find this post helpful, Some Big Ideas Job Seekers Must Follow If They Want To Get A Meaningful Job : https://www.nairaland.com/1953217/some-big-ideas-job-seekers-must#27210697

(1) (Reply)

Apply For MINISO Nigeria Job Recruitment (15 Positions) / Saro Graduate Trainee Online Test / Dissecting The Negative Effects Of Casualisation, Outsourcing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.