Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Car Engine Cut Out - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Engine Cut Out (1091 Views)

Components To Avoid When Washing A Car Engine / When To Dump That Car Engine Before It Runs You Down / When To Change Your Car Engine Oil: The Mileage Way! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Engine Cut Out by opelvectrab(m): 7:43pm On Oct 04, 2014
Hi,

I Am Bode living in ondo state.

I use Opel vectra B, 1999 model.
my engine was very dirty So I went to a car wash and wash the engine.
After the wash the engine start but was not sounding well or moving as it used to. The plugs was removed one after The other and The water was blew out. After that The engine refused to start and when it managed to start after much effort it will be vibrating but after 5-10minutes it will be stable but the moment I engage the gear to R or D( reverse or Drive) the engine will go off.

I have done all I can for 10 days now the car will not start at first kick and if it manage to start after much effort it will not move a yard before going off.

Please, I need help.

Thanks.
Re: Car Engine Cut Out by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:14pm On Oct 04, 2014
opelvectrab:
Hi,

After the wash the engine start but was not sounding well or moving as it used to. The plugs was removed one after The other and The water was blew out. After that The engine refused to start and when it managed to start after much effort it will be vibrating but after 5-10minutes it will be stable but the moment I engage the gear to R or D( reverse or Drive) the engine will go off.

I have done all I can for 10 days now the car will not start at first kick and if it manage to start after much effort it will not move a yard before going off.

Please, I need help.

Thanks.

you messed up by washing the engine without covering sensitive sensors

never wash an engine without the guide to know which parts need to be covered from water

when you say dirty do you mean dust or grease and oil ?

your need to be scanned to see if any codes are stored and also if the machine is a bit advanced run a live test, gettting the readings while the car is running

1 Like

Re: Car Engine Cut Out by opelvectrab(m): 9:34pm On Oct 04, 2014
Thank u,

I agree I mess up. I enter a mod that half the height of the car was in the mod. So it enter the engine dat is y I washed it.

I believe the car wash guy will know where to cover.

The problem now is the car cannot move and how. to get the scanner is another problem. I live in ondo town do know if the scanner is here.

Bode
Re: Car Engine Cut Out by sultaan(m): 10:12pm On Oct 04, 2014
opelvectrab:
Hi,

Please, I need help.

Thanks.

This is a simple fix if your mechanic has not done too much damage.
You were generous with the water so you got some electrical component wet(you know what happens when electricity and water meets.
First is to try and dry off all wet component then make sure they are all reconnected in the right place if they mixed the coil wiring up this can happen so the first thing to do is take a picture of the coil wiring and compare it to those of the same car online to see if the wiring is off.

But you can also scan the car to know which system specifically is not working right.
Re: Car Engine Cut Out by lonelydora: 10:30pm On Oct 04, 2014
And again I say, I prefer to drive a dirty engine than to have it wash. I hand clean my engine bay but not washing. For 3 years now, I have never washed my engine and will never wash it.
Re: Car Engine Cut Out by opelvectrab(m): 8:46am On Oct 05, 2014
Thank u sir,

I was planning to call the mechanic to remove the injector manifold to see if there is water in it. And,

Pls how do I know if an air flow meter is good or bad?.Co's the one in my car as been damage and want to get another tomorrow.

Thanks.
Re: Car Engine Cut Out by opelvectrab(m): 12:30pm On Oct 06, 2014
Good day all,

Just want to say a very big thank you to all that contribute to the solution to my car. Am very grateful.

I went online this morning and ask Google question. Some reasons were given which include Therottle position sensor coupled with some other reasons I got b4 like spark plug wire, air flow metre. which I have them from the previous engine. I change the air flow meter that was bad, the therottle position sensor, and plug wires.

The moment I start the engine it answer at once and run very well.

Thank u all.

Bode.

(1) (Reply)

An Iconic Datsun / Help On Which Car Should I Choose / Car Battery Issues Need Urgent Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.