Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Who Should Be Appreciated After Meal In A Home, The Man Or Woman? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Should Be Appreciated After Meal In A Home, The Man Or Woman? (594 Views)

21 Questions To Ask The Man Or Woman You Want To Marry / Saying ''thank You' After Meal Still Relevant In Our Society? / Who Is To Blame For Broken Marriages, Man Or Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should Be Appreciated After Meal In A Home, The Man Or Woman? by gaczee99: 11:07pm On Oct 04, 2014
I hav been married for over a year now and because of what i learnt from my mum,i always thank my honey after we have eaten together but sometimes i just get this feeling that i should also be thanked for preparing the food (he does that a few times tho). I dont know if it wrong. In your honest opinion, is it only the person that brought the money for the cooking that should be appreciated, or do u believe like me that the person who took time to prepare that food should also be appreciated?
Re: Who Should Be Appreciated After Meal In A Home, The Man Or Woman? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 04, 2014
Appreciate the one that giveth. And the one that cooketh but not the one that eateth.
Re: Who Should Be Appreciated After Meal In A Home, The Man Or Woman? by omophunky(m): 11:15pm On Oct 04, 2014
Both
Re: Who Should Be Appreciated After Meal In A Home, The Man Or Woman? by beeevan: 11:15pm On Oct 04, 2014
It's the other way round in my home but both should be appreciated. I don't even see the necessity of the appreciation thing after a mere meal undecided.

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Be Appreciated After Meal In A Home, The Man Or Woman? by pweedyuz(f): 11:20pm On Oct 04, 2014
nd dat is ur probswhu shuld b apprecated after meal

well d both of u shuld thank urself
he got d money,,,u cooked d meal...
Re: Who Should Be Appreciated After Meal In A Home, The Man Or Woman? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 04, 2014
BOTH!
Re: Who Should Be Appreciated After Meal In A Home, The Man Or Woman? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 04, 2014
They should thank GOD. Not themselves
Re: Who Should Be Appreciated After Meal In A Home, The Man Or Woman? by ireneidiva(f): 5:01am On Oct 05, 2014
Nobody! Just eat and go to bed!
Re: Who Should Be Appreciated After Meal In A Home, The Man Or Woman? by esof1(f): 5:18am On Oct 05, 2014
Appreciation is not needed. You both played your roles.
Re: Who Should Be Appreciated After Meal In A Home, The Man Or Woman? by kreamidiva(f): 6:24am On Oct 05, 2014
He brought the money, you cooked the food.

You say thank you after eating and he in turn says thanks for the nice meal.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be Appreciated After Meal In A Home, The Man Or Woman? by egopersonified(f): 7:56pm On Oct 05, 2014
Humility is a virtue, when you start looking for whose right it is, that is where the problem lies. Even on days that I decide to make something special for the weekend, I buy everything with my money and still do the cooking, I still thank my husband. By the way, I learnt this on a thread on nl where people were for and against it, I tried it out and liked it, so I continued.

(1) (Reply)

You Can / 12 Kinds Of People You Must Never Marry / Surprise! Surprise Birthday Gift For My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.