Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,284 members, 7,957,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:29 PM

If I Dont Sleep I Would Lose It - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If I Dont Sleep I Would Lose It (1048 Views)

My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job / She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If I Dont Sleep I Would Lose It by eigmaticme: 2:07am On Oct 05, 2014
Re: If I Dont Sleep I Would Lose It by lomaxx: 5:12am On Oct 05, 2014
See a Psychiatrist.
Re: If I Dont Sleep I Would Lose It by DesChyko: 5:28am On Oct 05, 2014
Turn off your phone(s) and electric gadgets for a start.

1 Like

Re: If I Dont Sleep I Would Lose It by RoyalRoy(m): 8:17am On Oct 05, 2014
eigmaticme:
I want to sleep but I cant
I am tired
I have to be up at six a.m
this happens everyday
What makes it bad is i dont get to nap during the day
Someone help me

Really??

Finally found a twin.... Lollz.

Lemme tell you about my own "night crawling"

I sleep only for 3hrs at night. And yet I am good and okay to go through out the day. I initially was worried due to the fact that I dont get to sleep during the day to make up but along the line I discovered I wasn't lagging behind in my focus or mental strengths.

I went to a doctor and they recommended I "force" myself to sleep at least for 5hrs by switching off all electronic gadgets all night long.
Tried it for 4 days but discovered my body has been tuned to shut down at 11pm and kick start by 2am everyday. No matter the event of the day.

Tried all but couldn't reverse it, so now I use that spare hours to my advantage.
Making extra study, reading books and articles, sourcing for clients in different time zones from mine, developing myself in many ways while the whole world is asleep.

Maybe some of us are not meant to sleep 6hrs straight after all. cool

1 Like

Re: If I Dont Sleep I Would Lose It by zeb04(f): 8:48am On Oct 05, 2014
Maybe those your night peeps are calling you.
Re: If I Dont Sleep I Would Lose It by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 05, 2014
it just might be natural.I sleep late most times and wake up very early,even wen i consume too much alcohol.Just use that to your advantage,for me,i spend mine eatin,ironing,movies,surfing or thinking.
Re: If I Dont Sleep I Would Lose It by Dannylux: 9:33am On Oct 05, 2014
An acquired habit. It's mostly the internet that can make one stay up at night and frequency makes it part of you. See a psychiatrist like someone above suggested. There's nothing natural about this, it can unlearned with an expert's assistance.
Re: If I Dont Sleep I Would Lose It by eigmaticme: 9:36am On Oct 13, 2014
thanks everyone, i have tried everytin you guys suggesred but no dice.

lomaxx why do you suggest i see a psychiatrist?
Zeb04 na wa for you o
Re: If I Dont Sleep I Would Lose It by Richy4(m): 10:21am On Oct 13, 2014
It happened to me last year.
My laptop stays in my bedroom with my phone.
I equally had TV in my bedroom.
After watching the one in the lounge room, I turn it off and head to the bedroom. Turn the one in the bedroom on grab my laptop and start all over. Most times due to time differences, l call Nigeria by 12midnight and that will be 3pm Nigerian time. And I will chat for more than 1hr

To cut the long story short. I made my bedroom a sleeping room. Remove the tv from there. Shot down the laptop at 10pm. My phone is always in silence from 10pm.

I got my sanity back because what ever you were feeling now, I felt it too. And you are lucky you only wake up by 6am. I start work by 5am.

2 Likes

Re: If I Dont Sleep I Would Lose It by eigmaticme: 1:31pm On Oct 13, 2014
thanks Richy4, i think i will take out the tv cos once i cant fall asleep i start to watch a movie.
from now on no more gadgets in the room from 10pm

(1) (Reply)

DAAPADA: Husband Divorces Bride During Wedding After Seeing Her Face / What Are These Men Called / Buy Toyota Camry 2010 Model In Lagos... View Pics.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.