Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,590 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. (8661 Views)

What The Hell Happened To Nland Today (12-05-2010)? / How To Post Links On Nland / Most Mysterious Girl On Nland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by chibwike(m): 1:45pm On Oct 06, 2014
naijaboiy:

True talk bro...

Some people don't really deserve your silence,,sometimes you need to tongue lash them small to put them back in place...

But in a clever and tactical manner tho smiley
Gimme an example, lemme learn too
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by nickz(m): 1:51pm On Oct 06, 2014
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 06, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

God bless you for this post.
I can guarantee you it's very true...I once commented on a post and 1 guy jumped on my comment and called me a c*nt and he pities my husband. I was wondering what brought about that and even involved my innocent husband in the post.
When I checked out his page...I saw he was trying to run(running) a Msc programme - then I wondered how the nation can get any better : if a graduate can reason like that. I also discovered he frequents this page on 'lovers of WEED'...then I understood his case...lol.

I bet you - no human, that went to school and the school passed through him/her...would come to NL and be insulting people about - no matter what
I concur with everything except the bolded. Stop the misinformation. Its all due to individual differences and not a happy and harmless plant. Just my opinion.

1 Like

Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 06, 2014
that is the last thing i would do. I wont and never say ill word to anybody either online or offline. I see people doing it as been illogical or irrational.

If you know you have a point to argue about, why not address the issue or topic objectively instead of attacking the person(argumentum ad hominem).

The first time i was attacked on nairaland was from a so called Phd holder in microbiology, imagine!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by MMotimo: 12:38am On Oct 07, 2014
Once you've established that his/her intent is mischievous, stop reading their posts, you should never expend a non renewable resource like your valuable time on the posts from an unreasonable mind.

The person ends up looking very foolish when you ignore and you can give yourself a pat on the back for the willpower to not read, not acknowledge. . . . . . .
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Vikky014(f): 11:35am On Oct 07, 2014
fuckshit:
FÜCKING nice one grin grin
FUCKSHIT.CAN I ATTACK U? ;DERRM.STP FUCKI*G AROUND.
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by fuckshit: 3:12pm On Oct 07, 2014
Vikky014:
FUCKSHIT.CAN I ATTACK U? ;DERRM.STP FUCKI*G AROUND.
FÜCK!! fuckshit would be FÜCKING grateful if you don't but would FÜCKING encourage you to have fun.

FÜCK!! without FÜCKING hurting no one grin grin
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Vikky014(f): 3:16pm On Oct 07, 2014
fuckshit:
FÜCK!! fuckshit would be FÜCKING grateful if you don't but would FÜCKING encourage you to have fun.

U SMOKE WEEEEEED!
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Tallesty1(m): 3:27pm On Oct 07, 2014
fuckshit:

I now believe that people's name influence their charactergringringringrin
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by fuckshit: 3:40pm On Oct 07, 2014
Vikky014:
U SMOKE WEEEEEED!
FÜCK!! Nope, not even in my FÜCKING dreams. FÜCKING hate that stuff grin grin #not FÜCKING being offensive here
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by fuckshit: 3:40pm On Oct 07, 2014
Tallesty1:
I now believe that people's name influence their charactergringringringrin
your FÜCKING right grin grin
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by chibwike(m): 3:41pm On Oct 07, 2014
fuckshit:
Fückshiit!
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Vikky014(f): 3:41pm On Oct 07, 2014
fuckshit:
FÜCK!! Nope, not even in my FÜCKING dreams. FÜCKING hate that stuff grin grin #not FÜCKING being offensive here
FUCKSHIT FUCKSHIT.
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Tallesty1(m): 3:55pm On Oct 07, 2014
fuckshit:
Chai.

You get wahala no be smallgrin
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by fuckshit: 4:07pm On Oct 07, 2014
Vikky014:
FUCKSHIT FUCKSHIT.
FÜCK!! my MOTHERFÜCKING name; am right here grin grin
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by fuckshit: 4:07pm On Oct 07, 2014
Tallesty1:
Chai.

You get wahala no be smallgrin
nope, i ain't FÜCKING got one; just FÜCKING having fun grin grin
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by fuckshit: 4:08pm On Oct 07, 2014
chibwike:
Fückshiit!
FÜCK!! my MOTHERFÜCKING name grin grin
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Vikky014(f): 4:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
fuckshit:
grin
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Vikky014(f): 4:13pm On Oct 07, 2014
fuckshit:
pls show me ur.fuc**ng face nah. grin
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by fuckshit: 4:35pm On Oct 07, 2014
Vikky014:
pls show me ur.fuc**ng face nah. grin
FÜCK!! naw! ain't gonna FÜCKING do that shït grin grin
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Vikky014(f): 4:39pm On Oct 07, 2014
fuckshit:
FÜCK!! naw! ain't gonna FÜCKING do that shït grin grin
OK FUCKSHIT
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 07, 2014
Tallesty1:
Nna m ukwu.

I didn't attack the guy.

I was only trying to make sure that peace reigned.

it kinda sounded like you took sides jussayinTho
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by kullozone(m): 9:18am On Oct 08, 2014
fabiano09:

Exactly,destructive criticism,check my story THE GIRL,she was d first to comment,go look for urself wat she commented n tel me if shes right to b dt insensitive.
creative writeup bro @THE GIRL.
i lv ur replies too...lol
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 08, 2014
kullozone:

creative writeup bro @THE GIRL.
i lv ur replies too...lol
Thank you mon
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by DICKtator: 12:20am On Nov 23, 2014
Tallesty1:
Sometimes I see people attacking each other on Nland I'd wonder why on earth would some spend good time online firing shots at a person you don't even know?

When a negative comment pops up or an attacker fires at you on Nland.

There is always an instantaneous urge to fire back but the right thing to do is to hold yourself and not sink to the attackers level.

I can remember the first time I was attacked here. I gave my opinion on a question one lady asked and the first mention I got was "YOU ARE FOOL

I wanted to fire back immediately but then I remembered that some people are really going through hard times these days. Yea......They come online full of frustration, anger, and disappointment, etc. As all these pile up, they'd need a place to dump them, so I told myself that I am not and cannot be their dump site. Maybe he would have said more if I had replied.

Here Are Few Things You Should Do To Keep Your Cool When Attacked.

1: Don't react immediately.Take a moment to gather your thoughts before saying or doing anything, no matter how much the comment may have stung. If you know you have a bad temper, or are prone to angry outburst then close the tab immediately and think about what was said.

2: Ask a question rather than making a statement. This is really important. Try and find out why he/she is attacking you Instead of firing back. It could be a result of misconception of your standpoint. Remember not everyone here is an adult.

3: Be gentle. No matter what the response is from that person who's going off on you, you must maintain your cool. In the end, if you are kindly and gentle in your response to that person, s/he is the one who will end up looking bad to others. A lady once fired a shot at me. She said "You are an ediot" I told her that I know cause some already told me. No matter what kind of person you're dealing with, the only thing you need to worry about is what kind of person you are. Remember you have followers that see you as a responsible person.

4: Don’t freak out. Suspend judgment. Don’t take what has been said personally. Resist the urge to react right away
Instead, take a deep breath, scroll up and read the Op and your comment once again. Maybe you made a mistake somewhere and the person(due to lack of manners) is correcting you in a terrible way. If the comment is ok then let it slide. If there is an error then correct it and move on

Sometimes the best thing one can say is to say Nothing at all.

These are the few things that help me.

If you know of any that isn't listed here please add it let's learn.

Eediot!!!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Tallesty1(m): 6:09am On Nov 23, 2014
DICKtator:

Eediot!!!!!
grin grin grin grin
lols.....

Trouble maker.

See your big teeth.
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by TrishaP(f): 8:24am On Nov 24, 2014
Tallesty1:
Silence has the power to get people to think. It is so powerful that even fools understand the message it passes across.
It's not that easy to be mute.

I do that alot but God knows how burnt I do feel inside whenever someone spits venom on me. Talking from a fresher experience, this girl did and all I did was keep mute. Till today, I'm still wondering why I never talked back when I had more than a million things to say. Just for peace to reign, I had to digest all the blame, So painful!!!..Sometimes I do wonder y I can't do to people the exact thing they do to me Or say to me...Sometimes I call myself a coward for not expressing my feelings, but I guess grew up like that and it has kinda helped in a way.
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Tallesty1(m): 5:00am On Nov 25, 2014
TrishaP:

It's not that easy to be mute.

I do that alot but God knows how burnt I do feel inside whenever someone spits venom on me. Talking from a fresher experience, this girl did and all I did was keep mute. Till today, I'm still wondering why I never talked back when I had more than a million things to say. Just for peace to reign, I had to digest all the blame, So painful!!!..Sometimes I do wonder y I can't do to people the exact thing they do to me Or say to me...Sometimes I call myself a coward for not expressing my feelings, but I guess grew up like that and it has kinda helped in a way.
It is not cowardice my dear, that's bravery.

It is not easy to control your temper and thoughts at thesame time.

But still we have to try because firing back lowers one to the attackers level.
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by TrishaP(f): 5:08am On Nov 25, 2014
Tallesty1:
It is not cowardice my dear, that's bravery.

It is not easy to control your temper and thoughts at thesame time.

But still we have to try because firing back lowers one to the attackers level.
Tnx. Words of encouragement is all I need.
Gdmg
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by Tallesty1(m): 5:18am On Nov 25, 2014
TrishaP:

Tnx. Words of encouragement is all I need.
Gdmg
Morning dearie.

You seem to be an early riser like me?
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by TrishaP(f): 5:56am On Nov 25, 2014
Tallesty1:
Morning dearie.

You seem to be an early riser like me?
Not really... I'm About embarking on a journey,that's y I'm awake now.
Re: How To Keep Your Cool When Someone Attacks You On Nland. by englishmart(m): 6:03am On Nov 25, 2014

#Respect#
I'm trying on putting such into action.
are you indeed nobody?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Picture Of The New Hundred Naira Note / Haunting Last Photos Of People Taken Before They Die. / Python Vomits Diamond ..true Or False?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.