Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Top 10 Most Read Books In The World - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 10 Most Read Books In The World (10983 Views)

JAMB Cutoff Mark Is Out: See 10 Most Sought After Universities / 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria / 10 Most Extreme Body Part in the world!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 07, 2014
olashas:

The thing about going mad is a lie grin grin. And yes I have a Quran. I have read it in it's entirety. I bought it while studying islamic law as an elective course. I had an A too tongue. There is nothing about being a terrorist in it
Lol.. u better go for masters in it na... cheesy #jtsaying grin
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by olashas(f): 1:43pm On Oct 07, 2014
mrceo63:

Lol.. u better go for masters in it na... cheesy #jtsaying grin
Maybe I will grin. Do you know how much Grand kadis(islamic judges) get every month? tongue grin
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by ojaydedon(m): 1:54pm On Oct 07, 2014
Khaynet:

Oh please dont start dat 1

the truth hurts shey??
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by ojaydedon(m): 1:55pm On Oct 07, 2014
Richie0974:

Nobody reads those....d only 1s I think are being read very well nowadays is"Koran" and "Oxford Dictionary"

so y were they nt included
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 07, 2014
ojaydedon:

the truth hurts shey??

MUST U BRING RELIGIOUS MATTERS INTO ERRTHING?
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by ojaydedon(m): 2:17pm On Oct 07, 2014
Khaynet:

MUST U BRING RELIGIOUS MATTERS INTO ERRTHING?

how?? Wats religious abt my statement.. Thought we were talkin abt most read books...
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 07, 2014
ojaydedon:

how?? Wats religious abt my statement.. Thought we were talkin abt most read books...
okay........nor vex I thought u wanted to turn the thread into a thread of christians vs muslims
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by ojaydedon(m): 2:49pm On Oct 07, 2014
Khaynet:

okay........nor vex I thought u wanted to turn the thread into a thread of christians vs muslims

haba.. There is nothing in my comment to suggest dat na
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by yinkuscious(m): 4:37pm On Oct 07, 2014
Plz when are we going to stop the comparison btw islamic and christinaity ? Nobody can fight for a religion and be justified by God. U should only fight 4 ur faith or believe, which is the basis of our life. Be u a christian or a muslim, plz let's stop this comparison of which is the best. Evry1 has a reason and a conviction of being in any religion we find ourselve. It shouldn't be a big deal

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 07, 2014
olashas:

Maybe I will grin. Do you know how much Grand kadis(islamic judges) get every month? tongue grin
hmm... that would be nice u knw..
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by Richie0974: 5:17pm On Oct 07, 2014
ojaydedon:

so y were they nt included
Probably bcoz.....people don't read dem dat much.....Christianity has d most followers in the world ....so u should expect a book like d Bible 2 b d most read book....following by itz many controversies
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by Boblanre: 5:53pm On Oct 07, 2014
I'm surprised none of William Shakespeare's works made it up there.

With the exception of the Bible, I haven't read any of those books.

I need to up my game.
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by ojaydedon(m): 6:42pm On Oct 07, 2014
Richie0974:

Probably bcoz.....people don't read dem dat much.....Christianity has d most followers in the world ....so u should expect a book like d Bible 2 b d most read book....following by itz many controversies

bros.. Quoran nko..? Ppl dey jack am well oh.. And dem get plenty followers well...

Op just do d ratin accordin to him opinion
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by Richie0974: 6:58pm On Oct 07, 2014
ojaydedon:

bros.. Quoran nko..? Ppl dey jack am well oh.. And dem get plenty followers well...

Op just do d ratin accordin to him opinion
Even at dat The Bible iz stl d most read.....
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by ojaydedon(m): 7:01pm On Oct 07, 2014
Richie0974:

Even at dat The Bible iz stl d most read.....

scroll up and see my 1st comment.. Am not talking abt most read btw bible and quoran.. Am just sayin quoran shuld hv been on d list plus oda books i mentioned
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by Richie0974: 7:39pm On Oct 07, 2014
ojaydedon:

scroll up and see my 1st comment.. Am not talking abt most read btw bible and quoran.. Am just sayin quoran shuld hv been on d list plus oda books i mentioned
I understand just saying 2...
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 07, 2014
ojaydedon:

haba.. There is nothing in my comment to suggest dat na
No binu
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by jayboy17(m): 10:20pm On Oct 07, 2014
tonychristopher:
What of their Koran

The book will teach you go to be a terrorist
i no fit blame yhu nau wen ur bible dey teach u how to colapse church...*tbjoshuateam*
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by simdam500(m): 12:42am On Oct 08, 2014
adioolayi:

In my opinion... Not everyone can read the Quran as it is written in Arabic, although there is translation in English.....It is preferable to learn the Arabic way.
another thing is readin it from behind
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by sekzy99(m): 6:19am On Oct 08, 2014
Seems av been reading the rong books!!!
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by Jimwalex(m): 9:15am On Oct 08, 2014
mrceo63:

where u taught of Jesus Christ too... I guess they didn't.. what i mean to say is they wont teach u all in the quran.. Most of it part in the main quran v been edited nd sm part r not read or u wil go mad...eg. that of Jesus christ, his brith, baptmis nd death r all in the quran.. whu on earth will they teach u the other bad side.. i hope u v a quran.. better read it all thru... I once was living in north..
ignorance at its peak! bro get ur facts ryt b4 coming to public forum to make a fool of urself..
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by Isiterere(m): 11:51am On Oct 09, 2014
tonychristopher:
You people are busy arguing about Koran...a book that is only wriiten on one funny language and bizarre characters and its funny

Muslim can be nasty ....I have asked a Muslim to give me an English version of that book for a year now to read and he has been avoiding that

But bible is everyday and in every language for easier access cos our God understands every lngauge cos he created it

Buy Allah hmmmm he only understands Arabic and seems deaf to other language

Wish muslin luck

No wonder they are converting to Christianity ..the few reasonable ones doesn't won't to miserable buy acceptable ..they become Christians

Who wants to be a terrorist anyway
are you lame,cripple ,blind or a complete slowpoke ? You can get English version Quran at any Islamic bookshop, central mosque, amazon.com etc beside you can get the app version for your smartphone(unless you're using 3310 to access nairaland from your cave )
Don't be lazy ,free copy is available for you online to download.
Your post is nothing but a post from a dunce, can't but sorry for the financier of funds that was wasted on your education...

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by Isiterere(m): 12:14pm On Oct 09, 2014
faboben10:
Bible d most read book?
And d readers didn't change.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by Mgpaki(m): 8:14am On Oct 21, 2014
adioolayi:

Am not arguing with you Sir...goggle put the entire population of Arabic nations at 367Million....that of course will include adult that cannot read and children that are not of age to read.
Assuming the entire population reads, that is still far less than the numbers accrued by the second book on this list
http://www.google.com.ng/search?site=&source=hp&ei=ZRgyVOXFGc7WatXjgdgG&q=total+population+of+Arabic+nations&btnG=

the population of the arabic nations doesnt matter.
take example of the people in nigeria,
are they muslims?
did they speak arabic?
how many times did read the Quran a day?
at least, i repeated, at least 17x a day(in salah).
even little children that doesn't know how to read are taught how to recite the Quran,
and today even the non muslims most of them knows how to recite the first chapter of the Quran.
the Quran is the one and only book that you can recite without learning how to read and write it.

#facts n not #biased
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by Chase23: 4:40am On Dec 05, 2014
Yes I totally agree! Bible and Lord of the rings comes in top 10 must read books. I have read Lord of Rings and must say it’s an amazing book to read. I really enjoyed reading that book and now waiting for Hobbit’s next installment to release.
Re: Top 10 Most Read Books In The World by dimssy(m): 4:27pm On Apr 05, 2015
same here bro
alotofgrace:
Dear God, grant me this reading zeal. Amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

JAMB Orders All Institutions To End 2017 Admissions January 25 / Laspotech Fulltime Nd Provisional Admission List Out / Nigerian Institute Of Journalism Fees?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.