Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,899 members, 7,821,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Writing Programs For Beginners - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Writing Programs For Beginners (973 Views)

Java Tutorial For Beginners / Çan You Write Programs For Games With Java. / Time Analysis Programs For Programming Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Writing Programs For Beginners by mbond(m): 2:00pm On Nov 09, 2008
Hello GuysI, would like the house teach me programming and what we can achieve with different programminglanguages.Also I would like the house to put me through on writing simple computer programs and to explain all those programming terms so that a lame man can understand.Thanks
Re: Writing Programs For Beginners by yawatide(f): 6:59pm On Nov 09, 2008
I think way to start would be pseudocode. This gives you the ability to think logically. Once you are able to think logically, then it is a matter of picking up a particular language. Let me explain, if I may. I will use an object-oriented language as this seems to be the coding language du jour. The assignment is to build a house.

The house will be considered the object. We will define this house in a "class" or blueprint. A house could be made up of the following (which are called properties): A door, a parlor, a kitchen and a garage, to mention but a few.

You can carry out the following actions (methods/functions) in that house: close door, open door, open garage, close garage, etc.

Let's say you want the garage to open only when there is no car in the garage, you could perform the following in pseudocde:

function openGarage() {
if noCarInside then
openGarageDoor
else
dontOpenGarageDoor
end if
}

Yes, this is perhaps an overly simplified version of what can be accomplished. But hopefully you get the point: Think of everything in terms of objects. Then think of the characteristics of such an object and the actions that can be performed on that object. Look at it like those kung fu movie scenes where the master tells the student he isn't quite ready and haves him do menial duties until he is. Do this a few times, then you will b ready to graduate into actual programming.

I will now yield the floor for others.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Need Programming Help; Check These Sites / Asp/asp.net Problem - (urgent) / An Android Social Networking App From A Nigerian - Check It Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.