Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,168 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Enugu Governorship Primary: Ayogu Eze Fights Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Causes Pdp Caucus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Governorship Primary: Ayogu Eze Fights Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Causes Pdp Caucus (7239 Views)

Apc’s Lawyer Beaten, Arrested And Car Impounded At Enugu Governorship Tribunal / PDP Candidate, Ugwuanyi Defeats APC In Enugu Governorship Election - Daily Post / BREAKING: Ayogu Eze Wins Enugu PDP Guber Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Governorship Primary: Ayogu Eze Fights Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Causes Pdp Caucus by Tectono: 1:15am On Oct 06, 2014
News filtering in has it that ahead of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship primary election in Enugu State, the state’s caucus of the party is now divided over what they termed an attempt to impose Hon Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi. The handiwork of Senator Ayogu Eze is visible here.

Nigeria Business Review gathered that to register their opposition on the choice of a consensus candidate, some prominent members of the PDP caucus in the state boycotted a meet¬ing held last Saturday, to register disapproval of what they described as the “brazen attempt by one man and a few people around him to impose Hon Ugwuanyi, who is an unpopular candidate on the party.” They ac¬cuse Governor Sullivan Chime of being behind the selection of Hon Ugwuanyi.

Among the prominent party stalwarts, who did not attend the meeting are the Deputy Sen¬ate President, Sen. Ike Ekweremadu; former governor of old Anambra State, Sen. Jim Nwobodo, Sen. Fidelis Okoro, Rear Admiral Al¬lison Madueke, Chief Anayo Onwuegbu, former Information Minister, Frank Nweke Jnr; former Power Minister, Prof. Barth Nnaji, former Foreign Affairs Minister, Hon. Dubem Onyia, Senator Ayogu Eze, Senator Ken Nnamani, who was out of the country the day the meeting held, among many other prominent members of the caucus.

Some of the leaders, it was gathered, said they would not offer themselves as willing tools for the simple reason of rubberstamping a handpicked candidate of the governor’s choice. Some of them, it was learnt, said they could not be fooled by the governor, who alienated himself from the people, for the better part of eight years.

It was also gathered that those who stayed away from the Saturday meeting were unhappy when they were briefed that the first meeting, where Hon Ugwuanyi was picked, did not give room for those who had contrary view to speak.

Ever since the picking of the consensus candi¬date,Senator Ayogu Eze, who is interested in becoming next governor, has been leading the campaign against Hon Ugwuanyi’s emergence. How long will Ayogu Eze go in this fight? He does not know that in his own local government, Igboeze-North, Hon Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi is more popular that he is and will win him if the primary election is conducted. If he knows what is good for him, let him give Hon Ugwuanyi him maximum support.

http://tectono..com/

1 Like

Re: Enugu Governorship Primary: Ayogu Eze Fights Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Causes Pdp Caucus by naijaking1: 1:40am On Oct 06, 2014
Poster, haba.
You were doing well until the last nonsense paragraph.
The God of Enugu state, sorry Sullivan Chime is not the alpha and omega. People like you fail to learn important lessons, and that is hand picking a candidate always fails, fails the picker, the people, and even the nation.
ask Chimaroke Nnamani!

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Governorship Primary: Ayogu Eze Fights Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Causes Pdp Caucus by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 6:02am On Oct 06, 2014
Interesting
Re: Enugu Governorship Primary: Ayogu Eze Fights Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Causes Pdp Caucus by Kayceo2010: 6:34am On Oct 06, 2014
Ugwuanyi was not handpicked by Sullivan.. It was prominent people of Enugu North including those vying for the Governorship seat. Just that some people who are enemies to the governor ie Ayogu and Ekweremmadu and their likes who did not attend the EMJ rally wants to be governor. But that won't happen as Enugu East have already endorsed Ugwuanyi. Remaining West (Sullivan, Ekweremmadu, Nebo> and will cause a big problem considering the fact that the governor and deputy senate president are from there. I think Frank Nweke, nwobodo and ken don't have any problem with Ugwuanyi. Ayogu and co are just ranting around. His people didn't endorse him, how does he think he will become governor??...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Governorship Primary: Ayogu Eze Fights Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Causes Pdp Caucus by Izunwa(m): 8:56am On Oct 06, 2014
@ op, just as Naijaking said, you were getting everythin rite until ur last paragraph.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Governorship Primary: Ayogu Eze Fights Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Causes Pdp Caucus by naijaking1: 9:03am On Oct 06, 2014
Kayceo2010:
Ugwuanyi was not handpicked by Sullivan.. It was prominent people of Enugu North including those vying for the Governorship seat. Just that some people who are enemies to the governor ie Ayogu and Ekweremmadu and their likes who did not attend the EMJ rally wants to be governor. But that won't happen as Enugu East have already endorsed Ugwuanyi. Remaining West (Sullivan, Ekweremmadu, Nebo> and will cause a big problem considering the fact that the governor and deputy senate president are from there. I think Frank Nweke, nwobodo and ken don't have any problem with Ugwuanyi. Ayogu and co are just ranting around. His people didn't endorse him, how does he think he will become governor??...

It's ok for the governor to have a favorite, but giving someone something that doesn't truly belong to you is theft, and I know that the governorship of Enugu state doesn't belong to Sullivan Chime, it belongs to the people.
What sort of meeting could he possibly claim to have had with Enugu PDP members if all of the above listed were excluded

1 Like

Re: Enugu Governorship Primary: Ayogu Eze Fights Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Causes Pdp Caucus by passion007: 9:22am On Oct 06, 2014
Obviously, Enugu-PDP is on the verge of a split. With Ekweremadu throwing his weight behind Chinedu Onu and Chime's weight behind Ugwuanyi, Ayogu Eze is at best a lone ranger. He should invest his energies towards maintaining the senatorial seat so he doesn't lose on all fronts. I won't mind him returning to the senate.
Re: Enugu Governorship Primary: Ayogu Eze Fights Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Causes Pdp Caucus by arabbunkum: 9:58am On Oct 06, 2014
I'm just sorry for people like this guy who posted this story.
If Ugwuanyi is that popular as you and your governor would want us to believe, why not provide a level playing ground for him and other qualified candidates to battle it out at the primaries? Why not allow the aspirants to sale themselves to the electorates?
Be reminded that Ugwuanyi has spent 12 solid years at the House of Representatives but has never contributed to deliberations at the floor of the House. We all know that you and your governor are just looking for someone who will share the money rather than work for Enugu people.
Senator Eze must be a courageous man to be able to challenge your governor and his prearranged consensus candidate.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Governorship Primary: Ayogu Eze Fights Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Causes Pdp Caucus by Kayceo2010: 12:43pm On Oct 06, 2014
Make I tell you guys, Ugwuanyi is the next governor of Enugu. People only vote for candidates and not endorse. Endorsement is only for stakeholders and party members in the state and they are the ones who endorsed him. The likes of Chinedu Onu and Ayogu Eze actually boycotted the endorsement meeting at the government house to actually come up with excuses like this. I tell you, let him bring out the money, we go chop am wella and will still vote for Ugwuanyi. Go and ask Chimaroke who lost his senatorial seat to Gilbert Nnaji after all the campaigning...

1 Like

Re: Enugu Governorship Primary: Ayogu Eze Fights Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Causes Pdp Caucus by fairheven: 12:55pm On Oct 06, 2014
I think a lot will be determined by the zoning arrangements in the state..equity demands that you can't just marginalise one section or region against others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Governorship Primary: Ayogu Eze Fights Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Causes Pdp Caucus by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:19pm On Oct 06, 2014
Why cant Enugu elect a sound technocrat who can industrialize the state and tap on her abundance agricultural potentials?
Why do they keep recycling all these clueless lawmakers ?
This is so annoying!

Chime a former ssg to Nnamani.
Ugwuanyi a former Enugu state house member.
Where are the smart Enugu people ?

You people need to once in a while look around you and see what is happening.
In Anambra,approaching the election everybody thought Oseloka Obaze will become the governor but that was not to be.
Why cant Enugu keep a level playing ground for everybody and that way the best candidate will win.
And why is everybody in PDP?
So boring!

1 Like

Re: Enugu Governorship Primary: Ayogu Eze Fights Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Causes Pdp Caucus by Kayceo2010: 5:35pm On Oct 06, 2014
Hey!!! Hold it there... Anambra?? You don't compare Anambra with Enugu. Abeg don't start. Enugu is far better than Anambra in terms of development and talking about Agriculture, Anambra has better arable land than Enugu and that's a natural resource..
Re: Enugu Governorship Primary: Ayogu Eze Fights Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Causes Pdp Caucus by passion007: 6:22pm On Oct 06, 2014
^
You fell for that tired ploy?
Heh heh heh

1 Like

Re: Enugu Governorship Primary: Ayogu Eze Fights Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Causes Pdp Caucus by Nsonso: 6:55pm On Oct 06, 2014
Anyaogu Eze shud go and have sit. We dnt need ppl like him.
Re: Enugu Governorship Primary: Ayogu Eze Fights Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Causes Pdp Caucus by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 06, 2014
We the people of Greater Awgu are solidly behind our son Barr Ike Ekweremadu to return to senate, for now that's what we care for more especially my people of Isu Awa.
Re: Enugu Governorship Primary: Ayogu Eze Fights Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Causes Pdp Caucus by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:37pm On Oct 06, 2014
Kayceo2010:
Hey!!! Hold it there... Anambra?? You don't compare Anambra with Enugu. Abeg don't start. Enugu is far better than Anambra in terms of development and talking about Agriculture, Anambra has better arable land than Enugu and that's a natural resource..

I cant keep going back and forth with bunch of shortsighted propagandists.
I feel sorry for you lots if you think the best you can offer is Ugwuanyi,Ayogu and Enweremmadu.

Dont even talk about development because you have no idea what it means.
Elect a real transformer not some hungry a..ss politician.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Governorship Primary: Ayogu Eze Fights Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Causes Pdp Caucus by mekadinho(f): 8:42pm On Oct 06, 2014
OdenigboAroli:
Why cant Enugu elect a sound technocrat who can industrialize the state and tap on her abundance agricultural potentials?
Why do they keep recycling all these clueless lawmakers ?
This is so annoying!

Chime a former ssg to Nnamani.
Ugwuanyi a former Enugu state house member.
Where are the smart Enugu people ?

You people need to once in a while look around you and see what is happening.
In Anambra,approaching the election everybody thought Oseloka Obaze will become the governor but that was not to be.
Why cant Enugu keep a level playing ground for everybody and that way the best candidate will win.
And why is everybody in PDP?
So boring!
Posting is not a must, stop posting non-sense, silly write-up.
Re: Enugu Governorship Primary: Ayogu Eze Fights Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Causes Pdp Caucus by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:34pm On Oct 06, 2014
mekadinho:

Posting is not a must, stop posting non-sense, silly write-up.

I get it,its a truth you can't counter,hence your silly rants...lol
Re: Enugu Governorship Primary: Ayogu Eze Fights Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Causes Pdp Caucus by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:42pm On Oct 06, 2014
From murderous Nnamani and visionless Chime....Its a cycle which nobody has the balls to break. They need not worry much because the populace is laid back and intimidated.

Just pant couple of flowers in a selected section of the main city,reconstruct the roads,sweep them and the gullible like passsion-dumb will sing your praises....lol
I think they need to reduce the amount of OKPA consumed in Enugu...lol
It probably has side effects....lol
Wawa boy celebrating mediocrity since Adam...lmao

1 Like

Re: Enugu Governorship Primary: Ayogu Eze Fights Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Causes Pdp Caucus by oneeast2: 10:36pm On Oct 06, 2014
Izuchukwu how market? cheesy cheesy
Re: Enugu Governorship Primary: Ayogu Eze Fights Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Causes Pdp Caucus by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 06, 2014
oment1:
Mr achiever.... Here is another thread of anambra village capital..gringrin

https://www.nairaland.com/1930035/awka-capital-city-race-catch

Show the world, what your useless techno-RAT AdaObi achieved.
Hahahahahah nmwanne iga egbu mmadu leeeeeeee
Re: Enugu Governorship Primary: Ayogu Eze Fights Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Causes Pdp Caucus by passion007: 10:47pm On Oct 06, 2014
oneeast2:
Izuchukwu how market? cheesy cheesy

I ga-anwudi ma o bu na m asaro gi okwu?
I'm not a trader. Hapum aka.
Re: Enugu Governorship Primary: Ayogu Eze Fights Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Causes Pdp Caucus by oneeast2: 10:52pm On Oct 06, 2014
Izu, your pictures shows a useless jobless ugly dwarf.................. grin grin grin grin

You need help.. grin grin ;

I will kill you with haunting and BP.. cheesy

passion007:

I ga-anwudi ma o bu na m asaro gi okwu?
I'm not a trader. Hapum aka.
Re: Enugu Governorship Primary: Ayogu Eze Fights Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Causes Pdp Caucus by oneeast2: 10:53pm On Oct 06, 2014
ChinemeOkpan

Izuchukwu is here.. grin grin
Re: Enugu Governorship Primary: Ayogu Eze Fights Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Causes Pdp Caucus by ChinemeOkpan: 10:56pm On Oct 06, 2014
Passion007

why did you run away when you saw me

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I am a very friendly man grin grin grin grin

Re: Enugu Governorship Primary: Ayogu Eze Fights Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Causes Pdp Caucus by oneeast2: 11:08pm On Oct 06, 2014
I am sure Izu will not survive another 7days without hitting the bucket..... grin grin grin

ChinemeOkpan:
Passion007

why did you run away when you saw me

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I am a very friendly man grin grin grin grin
Re: Enugu Governorship Primary: Ayogu Eze Fights Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Causes Pdp Caucus by ChinemeOkpan: 11:09pm On Oct 06, 2014
oneeast2:
I am sure Izu will not survive another 7days without hitting the bucket..... grin grin grin

All we want is discussion

No threats at all

Passion007 please PM me.

No need to be afraid grin grin grin grin

Re: Enugu Governorship Primary: Ayogu Eze Fights Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Causes Pdp Caucus by oneeast2: 11:13pm On Oct 06, 2014
He cannot face you general. Is just like asking him to face the president of Nigeria..

Satellite feed: B2mario

Place subject under radar

ChinemeOkpan:

All we want is discussion

No threats at all

Passion007 please PM me.

No need to be afraid grin grin grin grin
Re: Enugu Governorship Primary: Ayogu Eze Fights Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Causes Pdp Caucus by Nobody: 11:27pm On Oct 06, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

I cant keep going back and forth with bunch of shortsighted propagandists.
I feel sorry for you lots if you think the best you can offer is Ugwuanyi,Ayogu and Enweremmadu.

Dont even talk about development because you have no idea what it means.
Elect a real transformer not some hungry a..ss politician.
mr. Will you just shut up? Awka is a slum,so is nnewi and onitsha! Oh,i pity awka residents! Thats where you see villagers constructing roads in a state capital with shovel and head pans! Damn!!! Sorry for awka,so dirty not planned and just.........! ENUGU,my 042 the best in the nation! Leave enugu alone o.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Governorship Primary: Ayogu Eze Fights Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Causes Pdp Caucus by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 06, 2014
OdenigboAroli:
From murderous Nnamani and visionless Chime....Its a cycle which nobody has the balls to break. They need not worry much because the populace is laid back and intimidated.

Just pant couple of flowers in a selected section of the main city,reconstruct the roads,sweep them and the gullible like passsion-dumb will sing your praises....lol
I think they need to reduce the amount of OKPA consumed in Enugu...lol
It probably has side effects....lol
Wawa boy celebrating mediocrity since Adam...lmao
a sensible man shouldn't be proud of anambra! Enugu is way ahead of anambra! Awka=dirty,no good roads,not planned,chaotic e.t.c! NNEWI=narrow roads,so dirty,chaotic as well with zero government presence!
ONITSHA=so chaotic,not planned and so dirty! Why should one be proud of anambra? Tell me?
ENUGU: pride of the east! O42 is it!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Disturbing Pictures Of Inmates From Nigerian Prisons Ugwashi Ukwu / Electricity Tariff Hike: Tinubu’s Reforms Lack Human Face – Atiku / Nigerian Student Invents Bio-diesel From Vegetable Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.