Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,894 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? (10216 Views)

40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 24, 2014
JMAN05:

How?

The bible didn't in anywhere tell that the devil is in hellfire .
The bible didn't state in anywhere that hellfire was/is segmented.

Hellfire itself is just even a tool of control as I see.

3 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:51pm On Oct 28, 2014
Gombs:

He stripped all the spiritual tyrants in the universe of their sham authority at the Cross and marched them naked through the streets. Colosians 2 from verse 14.

you mean these happened on the cross?

The answer is in what you cited in the quote above. It says at the Cross. Let me give post it in the authourised version:

"Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to His Cross"

You can see that the work done at the Cross and Jesus Himself said that it is finished! that the price has been fully paid.

Gombs:

the devil did not torment Jesus and God hence rescued him. That is fat lie, but Jesus went down there as a man, defeated the devil as a man, and freed em saints. If Jesus really defeated the devil on the cross, what part exactly? when he said it is finished or when He died, or when he was brought down.

Mine says it was finished at the Cross. What does your Bible say?

"After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst. Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth. When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost" (John 19:28-30).

Gombs:

but, if He was made sin, and the Father seperated from Him, when He died, where did He go to? Was He in the middle or Heaven or Hades where saints were?

He went to the paradise otherwise called "Abraham's Bossom" which has now been vacated.

Gombs:

What part of hell was he dragged to? Hell or Hades? don't forget, both were in Hell... why are we still debating it sef?

Your WOF doctrine is the one that teaches that He was dragged to hellfire to be tormented until God the Father rescued Him.

Gombs:

Ola, was He in Hades where sinless folks were? If Yes, Why?

To take the OT saints home.
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:54pm On Oct 28, 2014
Gombs:

Don't side step this one... from the OP, i read Hell (Lake of fire), i promptly asked, Ola, Hell and Lake of fire aint same, you need proof?

the above explanation did not answer my question

You don't have to be discursive. The article qualified what he meant by hell when he said the lake of fire. You can continue to split hairs while leaving the main issue at hand.
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:56pm On Oct 28, 2014
JMAN05:

verse 22:

- the rich man died, and was buried.

Where are people buried? in a torment or grave?

Does that include Jesus too? Acts 2:31

It is revealing to note that those who are supposed to be under torment are raised again to be judged after receiving judgement in torment. (Rev. 20:13) how is that?

It is not my problem that you cannot distinguish between the spirit and body of a man. Why should I take panadol for your headache?
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:59pm On Oct 28, 2014
TheIndustrialist:

This is why I consider some christian teachings as jokes !

If you cannot fathom that a man is essentially a tripartite being consisting of spirit, soul and body then the joke is on you.
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by urheme: 3:13pm On Oct 28, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

If you cannot fathom that a man is essentially a tripartite being consisting of spirit, soul and body then the joke is on you.

spirit and soul, aren't they the same?
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:56pm On Oct 28, 2014
urheme:

spirit and soul, aren't they the same?

No.
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 28, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Eccl_12:7 ,Gen_2:7 & James 2:26 is all you need to eat this evening.

Goodday !!! for you must be a joker.
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by Gombs(m): 6:10am On Oct 29, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

this is also an error i tend to correct, man is not a tripartite being! Yes he is a spirit, that has a soul and body. Tripartite means

shared by or involving three parties.
"a tripartite coalition government"
consisting of three parts.
"a tripartite classification"

Man is a spirit, HE HAS a soul and a body. NOT Man CONSISTS of 3 parts, Spirit soul and body.

i hope you understand?

as for the rest of your post to me, i intend to not argue
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:59pm On Nov 05, 2014
Gombs:

this is also an error i tend to correct, man is not a tripartite being! Yes he is a spirit, that has a soul and body. Tripartite means

Man is a spirit, HE HAS a soul and a body. NOT Man CONSISTS of 3 parts, Spirit soul and body.

i hope you understand?

Another error from the pit of hell. Man is not a spirit but he has a spirit, has a soul and has a body. The human nature is comprised of a spirit, a soul, and a body. Offer your body as a living sacrifice (Romans 12:1), thank God for saving your soul (1 Peter 1:9), and worship God in spirit and truth (John 4:23-24).

And as for the rest of my objections, you better not argue or else... shocked
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:01pm On Nov 05, 2014
TheIndustrialist:

Eccl_12:7 ,Gen_2:7 & James 2:26 is all you need to eat this evening.

Goodday !!! for you must be a joker.

Can you explain how those verses you quoted illuminates the issue at hand? undecided
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by Gombs(m): 6:15pm On Nov 05, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Another error from the pit of hell. Man is not a spirit but he has a spirit, has a soul and has a body. The human nature is comprised of a spirit, a soul, and a body. Offer your body as a living sacrifice (Romans 12:1), thank God for saving your soul (1 Peter 1:9), and worship God in spirit and truth (John 4:23-24).

And as for the rest of my objections, you better not argue or else... shocked

So then, man is flesh?
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 05, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Can you explain how those verses you quoted illuminates the issue at hand? undecided

Cite those verses here since you wanna eat outside in public.
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:40pm On Nov 05, 2014
Gombs:

So then, man is flesh?

What does the Bible say?

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth. So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them" (Genesis 1:26-27).

According to the Bible, man is distinct from all the rest of creation, including the animals, in that he is made in the image of God. As God is a tripartite -- Father, Son and Holy Spirit -- so man is three parts -- body, soul and spirit. In the most explicit example from Scripture of these divisions, Paul writes:

"And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly, and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Thessalonians 5:23).
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:44pm On Nov 05, 2014
TheIndustrialist:

Cite those verses here since you wanna eat outside in public.

The onus probandi is on you to quote them to buttress your point, if you have any. cool
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by Gombs(m): 6:12am On Nov 06, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

What does the Bible say?

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth. So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them" (Genesis 1:26-27).

According to the Bible, man is distinct from all the rest of creation, including the animals, in that he is made in the image of God. As God is a tripartite -- Father, Son and Holy Spirit -- so man is three parts -- body, soul and spirit. In the most explicit example from Scripture of these divisions, Paul writes:

"And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly, and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Thessalonians 5:23).

You didn't answer me, is man flesh? That has spirit, soul and body?
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:53pm On Nov 06, 2014
Gombs:

You didn't answer me, is man flesh? That has spirit, soul and body?

When you spell flesh backwards using the h for him or her what do you get? A dead man walking can either be a soulish or a selfish/carnal person.
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by Gombs(m): 7:31am On Nov 07, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

When you spell flesh backwards using the h for him or her what do you get? A dead man walking can either be a soulish or a selfish/carnal person.

Quit the maneuvering, answer me!

Is man flesh that has a spirit, soul and body? A yes or no would be fine please.
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 07, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

The onus probandi is on you to quote them to buttress your point, if you have any. cool

Anyway,those passages are self explanatory...no need for any buttressing unless you wanna add to it or give your own personal interpratation to those texts.

But the truth can't be altered...happy day!!!
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:01am On Nov 12, 2014
Gombs:

Quit the maneuvering, answer me!

Is man flesh that has a spirit, soul and body? A yes or no would be fine please.

"And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Thessalonians 5:23).

If you don't understand my answer then below is bible commentary that explains this verse better.

1 Thessalonians 5:23
5:23 spirit and soul and body.

This verse proves that man is a tri-unity of soul, body, and spirit, patterned in a sense after the divine Godhead, in whose image he was both created and made (Genesis 1:26,27). The spirit and soul often seem to be the same, in many contexts, but that they are not the same is evident by the fact that the Word of God can divide them asunder (Hebrews 4:12). They are both invisible, representing the reality of which the body is only the outward expression. The fact that it is so difficult to distinguish between them has led many to assume they are synonymous; but this verse and others (especially Hebrews 4:12) make it certain they are not identical. Perhaps the non-physical part of man could be called the soul/spirit complex. Although probably too simplistic, it is convenient to think of the soul, body and spirit as representing the mental, physical and spiritual components of man, respectively. Another way is to look at the human tri-unity as one’s essential nature, his bodily person, and his spiritually influencing personality. In any case, all three aspects of our being—soul, body, spirit—are eternal.
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by Gombs(m): 5:57am On Nov 12, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

"And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Thessalonians 5:23).

If you don't understand my answer then below is bible commentary that explains this verse better.

The world can see you don't know what you're saying. Thanks for your time.
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:23pm On Nov 12, 2014
Gombs:

The world can see you don't know what you're saying. Thanks for your time.

Look at who is talking! Your heresies refuted on this thread is open for everyone to see.
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by Gombs(m): 8:27am On Nov 13, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Look at who is talking! Your heresies refuted on this thread is open for everyone to see.

Keep up the delusions! grin grin grin
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:55pm On Nov 14, 2014
Gombs:

Keep up the delusions! grin grin grin

I thank God that the lies of your mentor are being exposed by SirJohn in the thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/1995144/breaking-news-joagbajes-miracle-hiv
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by Gombs(m): 2:59pm On Nov 14, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

I thank God that the lies of your mentor are being exposed by SirJohn in the thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/1995144/breaking-news-joagbajes-miracle-hiv

eyaaaaa grin grin
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:19pm On Nov 14, 2014
Gombs:

eyaaaaa grin grin

Did Jesus go to hell between His death and resurrection? undecided
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by Gombs(m): 5:10pm On Nov 14, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Did Jesus go to hell between His death and resurrection? undecided

I already answered that.
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:07pm On Nov 14, 2014
Gombs:

I already answered that.

And I debunked your answer as an epic failure.
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:16pm On Nov 25, 2014
Gombs:

i hope you understand?

So you think that you are a god, since God is a Spirit, no? undecided
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by Gombs(m): 4:29pm On Nov 25, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

So you think that you are a god, since God is a Spirit, no? undecided

Psalm 82:6

when God wanted to create man in His image,what did you think He created?
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:06pm On Nov 25, 2014
Gombs:

Psalm 82:6

when God wanted to create man in His image,what did you think He created?

So He created another God with a small "g" making you a deity just like Jesus, right? undecided
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by Gombs(m): 10:42am On Nov 26, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

So He created another God with a small "g" making you a deity just like Jesus, right? undecided

i am not a deity,but yes,i am not ordinary the moment i got born again.

man is a spirit,he has a soul and lives in a body.. .not man is divided into 3 parts,spirit,soul and body.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Experience With A Young Christian Girl / Hardmirror's PROOF That CHRISTIANS Don't Trust God / Pope Francis Celebrates His 82nd Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.