Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss (10662 Views)

The Usefulness And Importance Of Trials And Temptations / Can The Lord Forgive The Devil If He Confesses His Sins And Repents From Evil? / Jesus did not die for our sins and neither was he our substitute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 20, 2016
Many months ago, I was told about a very fine Christian, cum Pastor who was accosted by armed robbers. Nothing amazes more, believe me.

He was finely intimidated and then asked, “do you have any money with you?”, he replied meekly, ” yes, I do”. If my memory serves me right, even after bringing the money initially ‘requested’, he was questioned again on the same matter, to which he replied one more time, in the affirmative. See the strange part. When he was asked – after the incident, why he obliged the robbers’ request the second time, he replied, still meekly or should I say piously, with “I am a Christian, I can’t lie”.

Read that again.

It means that, if he had had his whole account with him at that moment, he would have obliged their requests steadily and iteratively, until he was bankrupt all because he didn’t want to lie! Funny. It is.

That incident in consonance with others led me on a life-long search of understanding the distinction between ‘naivety’ and ‘gentleness’, between ‘faith’ and ‘foolishness’. I believe (I may be wrong) that distinguishing between Godly Sins and Sinful Sins will help get an insight on the benefits of the latter.

I list out some of these Godly sins:

1. Godly Lying. A lady called Rahab, the public lady, was received into the scriptural hall of fame for possessing this comely virtue. When some of Joshua’s men came to spy on the land of Canaan, she hid them, that’s not all. When she was interrogated about the whereabouts of the “spies”, she evidently lied. But that singular act made her remembered as a woman of faith.

I had a tussle with some friends recently about the definition of a lie. The more populist definition was that “a lie was simply what isn’t truth”. I beg to differ. Even ” the truth” can be a lie. The only difference between “truth” and “faith” is that one is evidenced VISIBLY, the other is evidenced, INVISIBLY. Heaven is faith while we are on earth, and beckmes truth when we get to heaven. As an instance, the blind man that Jesus healed was asked, “what do you see?”, he answered, ” I see men as trees”. Did he lie? No. Did he say the truth? Yes. Did Jesus accept that truth? No. Why?

Because the Truth the otherwise blind man said was sinfully said. Why? Because anything not of faith is sin.

So summarily when does “the Truth” become a lie? When it is spoken without faith. When does “a lie” become “truth”? (As far as ” the lie” falls within moral boundaries), when it is spoken with faith. Remember truth is evidenced visibly.

2. Godly Disobedience. Jesus told a man, “this miracle you see me perform, please don’t tell anybody“. You know what the man did? He broadcast it everywhere. Lol. Why? Did Jesus condemn him? No. Did he disobey? Yes.

When does Disobedience become Godly? When it is driven by sincere and noble desiresThis is where so many church goers miss it. The fear of not going against what their ” leader” says, albeit morally just. Laughable isn’t it? You, by yourself, demean yourself. Restrict yourself, because you want to fall under the group of ‘do-gooders’. This is an average mentality, a mediocre mindset. You know why everyone can’t be trailblazers? Because among ‘everyone’, there exists a subset who are ‘obedient’ to a fault. Let discretion guide you.

3. Godly anger. Many folks don’t realize the way the body is created. It is created to hold and to spill. That is the balance. When you hold more than you are to spill, a problem. When you spill when you are to hold, a problem. There must be a balance. So what drives this spill-and-hold theory, one may ask? Words and actions, especially of conflicting minds drive one nuts. What do you do then? SPILL IT!

Why do we deceive ourselves? I have seen people hold and hold because of so-calked meekness, and then when they spill, its calamitous. What if I tell you that being angry is a commandment? “Be angry and sin not”. ” Be angry”, please, “be angry”. Express yourself angrily, without insults. Agrily, without assaults. Angrily, without arson. That’s Godly. Jesus used a whip on people. Great! You will be less of an hypocrite, feigning peity and holiness without realness and substance.

Why go through the pains of penning down a sins-thesis?

One of the most favourite terms in the KJV of the bible is “wilful ignorance”: An ability to accept not to know. It is extremely plausible when foolishness in Christendom and other circles is being gauged.

Imbibe these Godly Sins folks and see our lives foster much substance in the near future.

Source:
http://www.unodiscuss.com/2016/11/12/godly-sins-and-their-underlying-usefulness/

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by DoctorAlien(m): 7:14am On Nov 20, 2016
It is never godly to sin. Sin is lawlessness, and it is never godly to be lawless. "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." 1 Cor. 10:13 As far as we continue to try our very best to obey GOD through His strength, He will not allow temptations that we cannot withstand to overtake us.

That Rahab lied to protect the spies does not mean that GOD approved of her lies. Indelibly etched in the 10 Commandments is the injunction not to bear false witness. GOD is able to save those spies without Rahab's lies. The problem is that many Christians don't believe that GOD can save them when they choose to remain holy.

The Bible and the life of Jesus should be our only guide in this upward course of ours. It is never godly to go against GOD's command. Remember Uzzah and how he died trying to help GOD.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Towncrier007(m): 9:54am On Nov 20, 2016
ok
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by SIRKOL(m): 9:55am On Nov 20, 2016
All I can deduce from all u have written @op is that u lack understanding of the word of God. But be careful n don't aid the devil in deceiving ppl because God cannot be mocked, what a man sow that he shall reap. Do not incure the anger of Gods wrath. A brotherly advise though.

7 Likes

Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by LordGuru1: 9:56am On Nov 20, 2016
There nothing godly about sin, sin is sin!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Genea(f): 9:56am On Nov 20, 2016
We attach everything to spiritual meaning. What the pastor lacks is wisdom. He should ask God for wisdom, cos to me this can be termed as folly besides y won't you lie to someone who has come to rob you off your possession, still the lie the bible was talking about was when you are asked a question by a honest man, do not lie not wen bandits ask you. Infact I'm sure if he was asked about his bank account and personal info, he will divulge it. To me he is a foolish bride and should ask God to guide him and to understand his word perfectly. Even men of God lied in the Bible to save God people. abraham lied and it was justified
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by jay99(m): 9:56am On Nov 20, 2016
Lol
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by lonelydora: 9:58am On Nov 20, 2016
Okay
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by HopeAlive14(m): 10:00am On Nov 20, 2016
Sin is sin... and there is nothing godly in sin.

God has a thousand and one ways to protect His own but we always limit him by our own actions and human reasoning(s).

2 Likes

Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by darkid1(m): 10:00am On Nov 20, 2016
lovely write up
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by LordGuru1: 10:01am On Nov 20, 2016
*_A girl missed her period 2 months ago,her mom took her to the clinic for pregnancy test of which it was positive.Embarrased, her mom said; who is the pig that got you pregnant? The girl picked up her phone and made a call, an hour later,a young handsome man drove in Ferrari to the girl's house. Good evening, the man greeted. Your daughter told me the problem in the house. I can't marry for now because of my family issue, but I promise I will take care of her for the rest of her life, and if she gives birth to a girl,I promised to buy her a mansion, 2 jeeps and 1 million dollars. If it's a boy, I'll buy her houses in a country side, 5 jeeps, 2 big factories and 5million dollars in her account. If it's twins, I'll do anything she asked. But if there's miscarriage, what do you suggest i do? The girls father silently pat the young man on his shoulder and said; my son, if there is miscarriage, you'll sleep with her again and again and... till she gets pregnant again!
*_A girl missed her period 2 months ago,her mom took her to the clinic for pregnancy test of which it was positive.Embarrased, her mom said; who is the pig that got you pregnant? The girl picked up her phone and made a call, an hour later,a young handsome man drove in Ferrari to the girl's house. Good evening, the man greeted. Your daughter told me the problem in the house. I can't marry for now because of my family issue, but I promise I will take care of her for the rest of her life, and if she gives birth to a girl,I promised to buy her a mansion, 2 jeeps and 1 million dollars. If it's a boy, I'll buy her houses in a country side, 5 jeeps, 2 big factories and 5million dollars in her account. If it's twins, I'll do anything she asked. But if there's miscarriage, what do you suggest i do? The girls father silently pat the young man on his shoulder and said; my son, if there is miscarriage, you'll sleep with her again and again and... till she gets pregnant again! grin

Happy Sunday NLanders.

2 Likes

Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 20, 2016
Nice writeup
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by lomprico(m): 10:03am On Nov 20, 2016
Abraham lied that sarah was his sister to save his life.
Jacob/Isreal lied and cheated his brother n father in-law.

Not all lies are sin or bad.

If abraham said d truth he would av been killed
If jacob was honest, the isreal we knw today would ave been called esau.

A lie becomes sin when its intent it to cause harm or pain to another.
This goes for other acts we see as sin. For example if someone wants to kill me and I over powered n kill him in self defence, I don't think I have committed any sin.
My take.

Happy Christ the King feast to all Catholicas!

9 Likes

Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by longerthroat(m): 10:03am On Nov 20, 2016
You mean holy lie?
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by foladara777(m): 10:05am On Nov 20, 2016
DoctorAlien:
It is never godly to sin. Sin is lawlessness, and it is never godly to be lawless. "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." 1 Cor. 10:13 As far as we continue to try our very best to obey GOD through His strength, He will not allow temptations that we cannot withstand to overtake us.

That Rahab lied to protect the spies does not mean that GOD approved of her lies. Indelibly etched in the 10 Commandments is the injunction not to bear false witness. GOD is able to save those spies without Rahab's lies. The problem is that many Christians don't believe that GOD can save them when they choose to remain holy.

The Bible and the life of Jesus should be our only guide in this upward course of ours. It is never godly to go against GOD's command. Remember Uzzah and how he died trying to help GOD.
Oh, really?? But Rahab was honored as a hero of faith in the new testament now... Even Abraham lied and God did not hold it against him. In fact, God sent d spirit of lie into some prophets at some point to confuse a king meaning God initiated the lying.
That you are not comfortable with some things in the bible doesn't make them any less true

1 Like

Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by saintmark88(m): 10:05am On Nov 20, 2016
DoctorAlien:

One dimensional Xtain........... Do if a gun is put on someone's head, tht I care about and I know tht the only way to save that person's life is to lie about something, like like about the moni I have...... So I should go ahead ND say the truth. God doesn't have to come down n do what u can do for urself

If there's a way out, for a greater good, weda it's false or not..... Take the path for the greater good
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by buchilino(m): 10:06am On Nov 20, 2016
ABRAHAM LIED SO MANY TIMES, DAVID LIED N EVEN KILLED, RAHAB LIED. BUT REMEMBER DAT SHE DOESN'T NO ANYTHING ABOUT GOD'S LAWS COS SHE'S NOT AN ISRAELITE. SHE CAME FROM A PAGAN CULTURE. BUT SOMETHING INSIDE HER TOLD HER 2 TRUST D GOD OF D ISRAELITES. MY POINT IS DAT ON D DAY OF JUDGEMENT, IT'S UR HEART N CONSCIENCE DAT WILL JUDGE MANY. GOD SPEAKS 2 ALL INCLUDING SINNERS, SO NOBODY WILL AN OFFER EXCUSE 2 HIM ON DAT DAY.
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by pressplay411(m): 10:11am On Nov 20, 2016
DoctorAlien:

That there's no such thing as Godly Sin, you're Right.
A Sin is a sin, no categorizing. To seek Forgiveness is the anti-dote.
But that you should not lie to save your life believing that God would intervene at that moment is just foolhardy.
I believe the bible is a guide to Ideal Living. Discretion should hence be applied as it applies to everyday living.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by virginboy1(m): 10:12am On Nov 20, 2016
This Sin Sin mehnnn.

God should just kuku kill the Devil na. since the devil is the source of all sins.

Most times I see nude nude girls trying to rape me in ma dream.
This devil ehnnnn.God please move me to heaven like Enoch.

Earth don tire me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Khaytunechi: 10:15am On Nov 20, 2016
there ain't no godly sin fam..
sin and godly are incommensurable..
parallel lines that can't and shouldn't be used in same sentence..
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Frakolin: 10:16am On Nov 20, 2016
Q
MuhammaduBuhari:
Nice writeup
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Chikpat(m): 10:18am On Nov 20, 2016
This is nice. I dont knw where you worship. I am a catholic. You may wish to know about Catholicism's stand on "Mental Reservation" which z clearly wat d pastor lacked while emptying his pocket.... See http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/10195b.htm

1 Like

Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by mayorall(m): 10:20am On Nov 20, 2016
foladara777:

Oh, really?? But Rahab was honored as a hero of faith in the new testament now... Even Abraham lied and God did not hold it against him. In fact, God sent d spirit of lie into some prophets at some point to confuse a king meaning God initiated the lying.
That you are not comfortable with some things in the bible doesn't make them any less true

Am not against the post, he didn't lie about Sarah being his sister, Sarah double as his sister and wife, she's the daughter of her uncle.
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 20, 2016
am hungry
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by femi4: 10:29am On Nov 20, 2016
False teaching....See how they want to justify sin
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by foladara777(m): 10:31am On Nov 20, 2016
mayorall:

Am not against the post, he didn't lie about Sarah being his sister, Sarah double as his sister and wife, she's the daughter of her uncle.
Baba, he lied.. Concealing information with intent to deceive is a lie... And daughter of uncle is not d same as sister... D funny thing is that God wanted to punish that poor king even though he was misled by Abraham's lies.
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 20, 2016

Abeg who understand wetin dis guy dey talk?
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by profhezekiah: 10:33am On Nov 20, 2016
OP sin is SIN, no Godly sin,Rehab never knew God,she just have a gud heart,Moses was a servant of God he disobey God,he was ask to speak to d rock,he strike d rock,d miracle happened,water came out but he died he never got to d promise land,so pls stop propagating heresy.
Re: Godly Sins And Their Underlying Usefulness by UnoDiscuss by foladara777(m): 10:36am On Nov 20, 2016
profhezekiah:
OP sin is SIN, no Godly sin,Rehab never knew God,she just have a gud heart,Moses was a servant of God he disobey God,he was ask to speak to d rock,he strike d rock,d miracle happened,water came out but he died he never got to d promise land,so pls stop propagating heresy.
Abraham nko?? Or where God told d Israelites to exterminate d Amalekites even though he had told them "thou shall not kill"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do Jet Owning Churches Care For The Poor - By Leke Beecroft / Who Really Is Jesus? / I Call My Wife Baby..interview With Leke Adeboye And Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.