Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,566 members, 7,958,752 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:28 PM

Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? (10770 Views)

To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mko2005: 11:30am On Aug 13, 2013
If i say Muslims and Christians serve the same God or better still,serve same God but understand HIS modus operandi differently,does that make a muslim Christian ?
I think what qualifies one to be called a christian is that he/she believes that Christ the son of God came,died on the cross for the sins of the world,resurrected after 3 days and was ascended into heaven and start to live the life of Christ by the help of the holy spirit.
And I also think a muslim believe that Christ is not the son of God,HE is not the messiah as HE claimed hence never died for the sins of any one,did not resurrect from the dead since HE didn't die in the first place but will return to the earth to...... !
If the two have such a vast contrasting views of The lord Jesus Christ,how then are we to believe they serve the same God,where the bible God said Jesus is HIS only begotten son and the quran God said HE has no son ?

Your opinion please and no insults !

God help us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 13, 2013
There is a creator.
What ever you want to call him/her is your prerogative.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mko2005: 11:58am On Aug 13, 2013
*Kails*:
There is a creator.
What ever you want to call him/her is your prerogative.
Since there is a creator,i think it will be 'wise'we don't attribute HIS features to some other bein becos this might cost us our entrance into the heavenlies !Don't you think so ?

God help us
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by enilove(m): 2:40pm On Aug 13, 2013
We are not serving the same God.

God is not a God of confusion.

To we Christians ,we say one man one woman.
To the Muslims ,you can have more than one wife.

To we Christians, no sinner will make heaven.
To the Muslims ,sinners can make heaven if their good deeds are grrater than their evil deeds.

To we Christians ,we should not fight or think evil even if your enemy slaps or kicks you.
To the Muslim, You can fight or kill your enemies especially for Jihad. If you slap a muslim he can slap you back because it is not a sin

To we the Christians ,our God is in heaven and He can see and hear you wherever you are.We face any position while we pray.

To the muslims, they must face Kaaba when praying and must circumvent the kaaba during haj because the kaaba is special to them.

We Christians are children of God
The muslims are the slave of God.

We Christians fo not go about killing the muslims for God.
There are some muslims who go about killing Christians for their god.

We should not fool ourselves, we are not serving the same God.

11 Likes

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by NewAlfa: 2:44pm On Aug 13, 2013
There are many gods. But they are all afraid of Satan.

1 Like

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by lanrexlan(m): 5:41pm On Aug 13, 2013

The biblical god tried to murder Moses[Exodus 4:24],Allah never attempted to kill Moses but was sending His peace on Him[Surah As-Saffat 37:120-122]
The biblical god enforces people to drink alcohol[Jeremiah 25:27-28],Allah forbids alcohol[Surah Al-Maidah 5:90]
The biblical god lives in Zion[Joel 3:17] and used to wander about[1 Chronicles 17:5-6],Allah does not.
The biblical god was seen by many eyes and even dine with children of Israel[Exodus 33:11,Exodus 24:10,Isaiah 6:1,Amos 9:1],Allah is invisible.
The biblical god is a consuming fire[Hebrews 12;29],Allah is not.
The biblical god punishes innocent children for the sins of their fathers and great grand fathers[Deuteronomy 5:9-10],Allah does not.
A man burnt his daughter for the biblical god and he accepted it graciously[Judges 11:34-39],Allah doesn't even eat flesh nor blood[Surah Al-Hajj 22:57]
The biblical god requires idolatry sacrifice from every generation[Exodus 29:38-42],Allah doesn't[Surah Al-Hajj 22:57]
The biblical god is like a yoruba god called Sango because flames were seen coming out of his nostrils and fire out of his mouth[Psalms 18:8]
The biblical god fed man with paper[Ezekiel 3:1-3],Allah does not.
If you need more,let me know.....Peace

9 Likes

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Mintayo(m): 5:41pm On Aug 13, 2013
There is no two ways to it...we are not serving the same God!
God is not an author of confusion!
The difference is so clear...two patallel lines!
The above is what satan uses to decieve so may 'lazy' christain...Mba,we don't serve d same God!
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Mintayo(m): 5:43pm On Aug 13, 2013
lanrexlan:
The biblical god tried to murder Moses[Exodus 4:24],Allah never attempted to kill Moses but was sending His peace on Him[Surah As-Saffat 37:120-122]
The biblical god enforces people to drink alcohol[Jeremiah 25:27-28],Allah forbids alcohol[Surah Al-Maidah 5:90]
The biblical god lives in Zion[Joel 3:17] and used to wander about[1 Chronicles 17:5-6],Allah does not.
The biblical god was seen by many eyes and even dine with children of Israel[Exodus 33:11,Exodus 24:10,Isaiah 6:1,Amos 9:1],Allah is invisible.
The biblical god punishes innocent children for the sins of their fathers and great grand fathers[Deuteronomy 5:9-10],Allah does not.
A man burnt his daughter for the biblical god and he accepted it graciously[Judges 11:34-39],Allah doesn't even eat flesh nor blood[Surah Al-Hajj 22:57]
The biblical god requires idolatry sacrifice from every generation[Exodus 29:38-42],Allah doesn't[Surah Al-Hajj 22:57]
The biblical god is like a yoruba god called Sango because flames were seen coming out of his nostrils and fire out of his mouth[Psalms 18:8]

lol...lobatan,what else do we need,thanks for telling us what we already knw...we are not serving the same God!
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 13, 2013
Allah = Yahweh = Chukwu = Oghena = Oghene = Olodumare = Abasi = .... = God.

1 Like

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by ckkris: 6:17pm On Aug 13, 2013
Capital NO!
One God dies for His followers, another INSISTS that his devotees die in suicide bombs, destroying the precious lives of others. Still some of these gods listed require human sacrifices. How can they be the same God?

1 Like

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 13, 2013
ckkris: Capital NO!
One God dies for His followers, another INSISTS that his devotees die in suicide bombs, destroying the precious lives of others. Still some of these gods listed require human sacrifices. How can they be the same God?

Can you demonstrate to us that Allah asked his devotees to become suicide bombers?
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by lanrexlan(m): 6:27pm On Aug 13, 2013
enilove: We are not serving the same God.

God is not a God of confusion.
The creator is not author of confusion but peace[1 Corinthians 14:33].You need to ask yourself if it's possible for the creator to possess some absurd attributes giving to Him in the bible.

To we Christians ,we say one man one woman.
To the Muslims ,you can have more than one wife.
Give me verses from the bible that prohibit polygamy.Solomon
had a thousand wives and concubines[1 Kings 1:3].Abraham,Jacob and david had more than one wife.

To we Christians,no sinner will make heaven.
To the Muslims,sinners can make heaven if their good deeds are grrater than their evil deeds.
How come satanic Judas will make heaven[Revelations 21:10-21]?

To we Christians,we should not fight or think evil even if your enemy slaps or kicks you.
To the Muslim,You can fight or kill your enemies especially for Jihad. If you slap a muslim he can slap you back because it is not a sin

Isaiah 65:12 (RSVA) I will destine you to the sword,and all of you shall bow down to the slaughter; because, when I called, you did not answer,when I spoke,you did not listen, but you did what was evil in my eyes, and chose what I did not delight in

Luke 22:38 And they said,Lord,behold, here are two swords.And he said unto them,It is enough.
What's the purpose of swords?
JIHAD means to strive and struggle.Allah says fight those who fight you but transgress not the limits[Surah Al-Baqarah 2:190].If the enemies want peace,you should also incline to peace[Surah Al-Anfal 8:61].Killing of innocent souls is not JIHAD.

To we the Christians,our God is in heaven and He can see and hear you wherever you are.We face any position while we pray.

To the muslims,they must face Kaaba when praying and must circumvent the kaaba during haj because the kaaba is special to them.
But the biblical god was seen wandering about[1 chronicles 17:5-6] and lives in Zion[Joel 3:17].
The kabba is just the Qiblah(direction of worship) and it's for unity among muslims.To Allah belongs all,east and west[Surah Al-Baqarah 2:142].

We Christians are children of God
The muslims are the slave of God.

Romans 6:16-18 (NIV) -Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves,you are slaves to the one whom you obey--whether you are slaves to sin,which leads to death,or to obedience,which leads to righteousness? But thanks be to God that,though you used to be slaves to sin,you wholeheartedly obeyed the form of teaching to which you were entrusted.You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

We Christians fo not go about killing the muslims for God.
There are some muslims who go about killing Christians for their god.
Do you know the history of christianity? The crusaders? Islam ruled Spain for more than 80 years and the crusaders came and killed almost every muslim present that no muslim could give the adhan(Call of prayer) openly.

We should not fool ourselves, we are not serving the same God.

Just use the touchstone of theology for the god you are worshipping and check if he's the true living god.Allah says in Surah Ikhlas 112:1-4-
Say;He is Allah,one and only.Allah the absolute the eternal.He begets not nor was He begotten and there's nothing comparable to Him.....Peace

7 Likes

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by senorova(m): 6:32pm On Aug 13, 2013
That your eyes of understanding might be enlightened. There's only one conclusion here, you'ld believe whatever you choose to believe. The standing difference between christianity and islam is this: islam is a religion, while christianity is a way of life. To that effect, our views and actions are at loggerheads. We do not serve the same God, neither do we live the same way.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by ckkris: 6:38pm On Aug 13, 2013
striktlymi:

Can you demonstrate to us that Allah asked his devotees to become suicide bombers?
Please, please READ the Koran.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Mintayo(m): 6:39pm On Aug 13, 2013
senor_ova: That your eyes of understanding might be enlightened. There's only one conclusion here, you'ld believe whatever you choose to believe. The standing difference between christianity and islam is this: islam is a religion, while christianity is a way of life. To that effect, our views and actions are at loggerheads. We do not serve the same God, neither do we live the same way.
Sealed!
True.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 13, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Since there is a creator,i think it will be 'wise'we don't attribute HIS features to some other bein becos this might cost us our entrance into the heavenlies !Don't you think so ?

God help us

undecided
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 13, 2013
ckkris: Please, please READ the Koran.

Is that how you demonstrate it? You made a claim which is either true or false. I asked that you prove your claim and you go about this proof by referring me to the Quran

Why not quote the verse of the Quran where Allah asked Muslims to become suicide bombers and we will review it together?
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Mintayo(m): 6:43pm On Aug 13, 2013
lanrexlan: The creator is not author of confusion but peace[1 Corinthians 14:33].You need to ask yourself if it's possible for the creator to possess some absurd attributes giving to Him in the bible.

had a thousand wives and concubines[1 Kings 1:3].Abraham,Jacob and david had more than one wife.

Isaiah 65:12 (RSVA) I will destine you to the sword,and all of you shall bow down to the slaughter; because, when I called, you did not answer,when I spoke,you did not listen, but you did what was evil in my eyes, and chose what I did not delight in

Luke 22:38 And they said,Lord,behold, here are two swords.And he said unto them,It is enough.
JIHAD means to strive and struggle.Allah says fight those who fight you but transgress not the limits[Surah Al-Baqarah 2:190].If the enemies want peace,you should also incline to peace[Surah Al-Anfal 8:61].Killing of innocent souls is not JIHAD.

But the biblical god was seen wandering about[1 chronicles 17:5-6] and lives in Zion[Joel 3:17].
The kabba is just the Qiblah(direction of worship) and it's for unity among muslims.To Allah belongs all,east and west[Surah Al-Baqarah 2:142].

Romans 6:16-18 (NIV) -Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves,you are slaves to the one whom you obey--whether you are slaves to sin,which leads to death,or to obedience,which leads to righteousness? But thanks be to God that,though you used to be slaves to sin,you wholeheartedly obeyed the form of teaching to which you were entrusted.You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Do you know the history of christianity? The crusaders? Islam ruled Spain for more than 80 years and the crusaders came and killed almost every muslim present that no muslim could give the adhan(Call of prayer) openly.

Just use the touchstone of theology for the god you are worshipping and check if he's the true living god.Allah says in Surah Ikhlas 112:1-4-
Say;He is Allah,one and only.Allah the absolute the eternal.He begets not nor was He begotten and there's nothing comparable to Him.....Peace

it will be actually a waste of time answering these ur LIEs...again,u v just shown us that 'we are not serving the same God'...
Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by tobechi20(m): 6:58pm On Aug 13, 2013
m.k.o2005:
If i say Muslims and Christians serve the same God or better still,serve same God but understand HIS modus operandi differently,does that make a muslim Christian ?
I think what qualifies one to be called a christian is that he/she believes that Christ the son of God came,died on the cross for the sins of the world,resurrected after 3 days and was ascended into heaven and start to live the life of Christ by the help of the holy spirit.
And I also think a muslim believe that Christ is not the son of God,HE is not the messiah as HE claimed hence never died for the sins of any one,did not resurrect from the dead since HE didn't die in the first place but will return to the earth to...... !
If the two have such a vast contrasting views of The lord Jesus Christ,how then are we to believe they serve the same God,where the bible God said Jesus is HIS only begotten son and the quran God said HE has no son ?

Your opinion please and no insults !

God help us

what makes you a christian is your desire to live a life of christ. Christianity meanns "christ like"
it doesnt depend on your belief or your view of God.

Hence, many of us who parade ourselfs as christian arent really christian since our life action doesnt really reflect christ.

Similarly an atheist , a muslim or a pagan may intentionally or otherwise live a life with much similarity to christ..
Such person is a xtian irrespective of belief

2 Likes

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by lanrexlan(m): 7:01pm On Aug 13, 2013
striktlymi: Allah = Yahweh = Chukwu = Oghena = Oghene = Olodumare = Abasi = .... = God.
You are right bro,but the qualities of the true God also matters.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by tobechi20(m): 7:01pm On Aug 13, 2013
lanrexlan:

if a christian should write this, accusing mohamed of murder, maclunji will ban till2038:

1 Like

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by lanrexlan(m): 7:10pm On Aug 13, 2013
tobechi20:

if a christian should write this, accusing mohamed of murder, maclunji will ban till2038:
You should check those biblical verses and see maybe I am accusing or it's exactly what's written there.

1 Like

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 13, 2013
striktlymi:

and wen was d last tyme u heard christian evil sect.. All we eva heard is islamic evil sect=boko haram, al-qaeda.. Killin people in d name of sum fucking JIHAD.. Ha, ejo mbe ni orun
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 13, 2013
lanrexlan: The creator is not author of confusion but peace[1 Corinthians 14:33].You need to ask yourself if it's possible for the creator to possess some absurd attributes giving to Him in the bible.

sorry, but for petes sake where did the bible mention Judas will make heaven? Nawa o. Nothing person no go see for nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 13, 2013
Tobinshunt:
and wen was d last tyme u heard christian evil sect.. All we eva heard is islamic evil sect=boko haram, al-qaeda.. Killin people in d name of sum fucking JIHAD.. Ha, ejo mbe ni orun

This is rather a very simple task.

The claim: Allah asked his devotees to be suicide bombers.

The task: Show from the Quran or Hadith (whichever proves his case) that the claim is True.

The conclusion: If he cannot prove it then he lied. If he can prove it then I will apologize to him and uphold his claim as fact.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Rexyl(m): 7:20pm On Aug 13, 2013
lanrexlan:

How could they know unless somebody teaches them. This piece tells us the extent hearts of some people are so far away from truth about God. Some people would hold a tail of matter and believe they are what others want. Could you find time to read the whole chapter of each verse you quoted that you might understand better.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by ckkris: 7:39pm On Aug 13, 2013
tobechi20: if a christian should write this, accusing mohamed of murder, maclunji will ban till2038:
Don't mind that terrorist.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by ckkris: 7:47pm On Aug 13, 2013
striktlymi: This is rather a very simple task. The claim: Allah asked his devotees to be suicide bombers. The task: Show from the Quran or Hadith (whichever proves his case) that the claim is True. The conclusion: If he cannot prove it then he lied. If he can prove it then I will apologize to him and uphold his claim as fact.
Nairaland is not a debating class. I'm enjoying myself, not trying to convince anyone. Anyone that DESIRES to SEEK FOR THE TRUTH, will definitely find it.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by lanrexlan(m): 7:47pm On Aug 13, 2013
Chibuebem: sorry, but for petes sake where did the bible mention Judas will make heaven? Nawa o. Nothing person no go see for nairaland.
Do yourself a favor by reading Revelations 21:10-21

1 Like

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 13, 2013
ckkris: Nairaland is not a debating class. I'm enjoying myself, not trying to convince anyone. Anyone that DESIRES to SEEK FOR THE TRUTH, will definitely find it.

Your claim is FALSE!!!
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by lanrexlan(m): 7:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
Rexyl:

How could they know unless somebody teaches them. This piece tells us the extent hearts of some people are so far away from truth about God. Some people would hold a tail of matter and believe they are what others want. Could you find time to read the whole chapter of each verse you quoted that you might understand better.
Why don't you prove me wrong?

1 Like

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 13, 2013
lanrexlan: Do yourself a favor by reading Revelations 21:10-21
i just did. Now you can do ME a favor by reading Acts 2:15-26

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ / Stop Joking With Hell Fire / The Difference Between Living A Fruitful Life & Living A Sacrificial Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.