Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,673 members, 7,955,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:03 AM

Chinese Embassy Deny Enactus Nigeria Team VISA Because Of Ebola. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Chinese Embassy Deny Enactus Nigeria Team VISA Because Of Ebola. (1579 Views)

Chinese Embassy In / Colombia Places Travel Ban On Nigeria, 4 Other African Nations because of Ebola / Wtf Is Wrong With The Chinese Embassy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinese Embassy Deny Enactus Nigeria Team VISA Because Of Ebola. by kcpragmatik(m): 6:06am On Oct 06, 2014
AN OPEN LETTER TO ENACTUS
WORLDWIDE

I write to register my
displeasure over the recent
non participation of the
Nigerian National Champions
Ekiti state University in this
year's Enactus World Cup
holding in China.
As you may already know,
the team was unjustly denied
visa by the Chinese
government on the grounds
of the recent outbreak of
Ebola Virus Disease. This to
me is unfair for this same
virus has been contained
and Nigeria was recently
certified Ebola free. It also
had me wondering if teams
from other countries with
the virus would be allowed
to participate. For example
the EVD reared its ugly head
in the USA, but it would be
unreasonable to deny visa to
the national champions from
there.
My point is, as an
international organisation
committed to changing the
world, and developing the
next generation of global
leaders, what is being done
and on time too, to ensure
Nigeria's active
participation?
Is it not possible to
diplomatically reach out to
the Chinese government and
conduct medical tests if
possible to ascertain the
health status of the Nigerian
contingent?
What steps is being
undertaken by the Head
Quarters to address this
issue, even to prevent a
reoccurrence?
Enactus is not only strong
but close knitted in Nigeria,
and every team is watching
to see what is being done.
This singular event has the
potential to undermine the
giant strides achieved thus
far. I write because I hve
benefited from the Enactus
programme, and would like
other young Nigerians to
benefit. I write because I
believe something can be
done, Action will be taken,
and the best outcome
achieved.
l hope my little contribution
will trigger a chain reaction
of positive consequence. A
win - win for all.
Thanks for your time.
Once again, Nigeria is Ebola
free.
Iwuagwu Kelechi V.
Member - Enactus FUTO

#FreeUs #NGisEbolaFree
Re: Chinese Embassy Deny Enactus Nigeria Team VISA Because Of Ebola. by kcpragmatik(m): 6:25am On Oct 06, 2014
It's quite sensitive and should be addressed by the government...
Re: Chinese Embassy Deny Enactus Nigeria Team VISA Because Of Ebola. by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 06, 2014
They are not taking chances. Blame them not.They're only trynna forestall against a contraction and that's what a responsible government should do.

They ought to know that we're now ebola-free fah, or at worse, run a test on the participants.
Re: Chinese Embassy Deny Enactus Nigeria Team VISA Because Of Ebola. by kcpragmatik(m): 8:35am On Oct 06, 2014
blizard44:
They are not taking chances. Blame them not.They're only trynna forestall against a contraction and that's what a responsible government should do.

They ought to know that we're now ebola-free fah, or at worse, run a test on the participants.

Which part of the number line are you standing on
Re: Chinese Embassy Deny Enactus Nigeria Team VISA Because Of Ebola. by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 06, 2014
kcpragmatik:

Which part of the number line are you standing on

My neutrality is highly pronounced here.

I'll not handle the entrance of indegenes of infested and formerly infested countries into my country with kid gloves if in thier shoe.

And on other hand, it is somewhat culpable in their part for turning them oughtrightly out. I opined that they should have gone medical on them after which they either chose to turn them in or out.
Re: Chinese Embassy Deny Enactus Nigeria Team VISA Because Of Ebola. by kcpragmatik(m): 9:14am On Oct 06, 2014
blizard44:

My neutrality is highly pronounced here.

I'll not handle the entrance of indegenes of infested and formerly infested countries into my country with kid gloves if in thier shoe.

And on other hand, it is somewhat culpable in their part for turning them oughtrightly out. I opined that they should have gone medical on them after which they either chose to turn them in or out.

Ebola is now in America... Let's see how much "turn-down" they can sell to Team USA
Re: Chinese Embassy Deny Enactus Nigeria Team VISA Because Of Ebola. by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 06, 2014
kcpragmatik:

Ebola is now in America... Let's see how much "turn-down" they can sell to Team USA
Have they got the balls?

America seem to be the 'bully you can't bully'....In the Esan language we call such entities 'enogbe nai gbe hasa'.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Embassy Deny Enactus Nigeria Team VISA Because Of Ebola. by kcpragmatik(m): 9:34am On Oct 06, 2014
This is what I call "global chancing" ... It's smething i think our Ministry of Foreign Affairs should look into seriously...
Re: Chinese Embassy Deny Enactus Nigeria Team VISA Because Of Ebola. by Banjella(m): 10:42am On Oct 06, 2014
If the EVD is the only reason to disqualify Team nigeria, other countries with EVD should also face the same. #NGIsEbolaFree
Re: Chinese Embassy Deny Enactus Nigeria Team VISA Because Of Ebola. by Phenol1: 12:14pm On Oct 06, 2014
I've been in fight for equality in all manners of race..It saddened my heart and catalysed my ever patriotic mind when I saw and read different post that our National Flag Bearer team 'the ENACTUS EKSU' has been denied of VISA to fly to China by the CHINA embassy due to the EBOLA outbreak in Nigeria which is now a by-gone case..When will racism,criticism,Nepotism stop remember that "We're one people but different colors,also remember that God created man in his own image but he didn't say black or white"....Through my findings and research I've gathered that Nigeria is not only participant that is affected with EBOLA the United states of America and England has also witnessed the Ebola outbreak but were not denied access to travel to China....If at all the China embassy want to deny us of our visa to china they should carry out Ebola test on each of the representatives and know if they are positive or not and not denying us of our right to participate by assumption of Ebola outbreak in Nigeria.....I Ajewole Samson (aka Phenol) join the EKSU ENACTUS team to cry out to our leaders and other affected parties to help restore our right and do the needful on Time...And to the Chinese remember that "ONE LOVE KEEP US TOGETHER".....#Nigeria is EBOLA FREE
Re: Chinese Embassy Deny Enactus Nigeria Team VISA Because Of Ebola. by moneybag100: 12:41pm On Oct 06, 2014
And some people want this selfish country to become super power. The world will suffer if they becomes super power.. Chinese only cares for chinese alone.
Re: Chinese Embassy Deny Enactus Nigeria Team VISA Because Of Ebola. by DisGuy: 1:18pm On Oct 06, 2014
I thought granting visa to anyone is a matter of privelege...not a right
Re: Chinese Embassy Deny Enactus Nigeria Team VISA Because Of Ebola. by kcpragmatik(m): 10:57pm On Oct 06, 2014
DisGuy:

It's a privilegde for 'ENACTUS EKSU' to represent 'ENACTUS NIGERIA'.... Prolly becos its Nigeria.
Re: Chinese Embassy Deny Enactus Nigeria Team VISA Because Of Ebola. by kcpragmatik(m): 10:58pm On Oct 06, 2014
moneybag100:
And some people want this selfish country to become super power. The world will suffer if they becomes super power.. Chinese only cares for chinese alone.

Self-centered beings ....*chinese*

1 Like

Re: Chinese Embassy Deny Enactus Nigeria Team VISA Because Of Ebola. by kcpragmatik(m): 11:00pm On Oct 06, 2014
Phenol1:
I've been in fight for equality in all manners of race..It saddened my heart and catalysed my ever patriotic mind when I saw and read different post that our National Flag Bearer team 'the ENACTUS EKSU' has been denied of VISA to fly to China by the CHINA embassy due to the EBOLA outbreak in Nigeria which is now a by-gone case..When will racism,criticism,Nepotism stop remember that "We're one people but different colors,also remember that God created man in his own image but he didn't say black or white"....Through my findings and research I've gathered that Nigeria is not only participant that is affected with EBOLA the United states of America and England has also witnessed the Ebola outbreak but were not denied access to travel to China....If at all the China embassy want to deny us of our visa to china they should carry out Ebola test on each of the representatives and know if they are positive or not and not denying us of our right to participate by assumption of Ebola outbreak in Nigeria.....I Ajewole Samson (aka Phenol) join the EKSU ENACTUS team to cry out to our leaders and other affected parties to help restore our right and do the needful on Time...And to the Chinese remember that "ONE LOVE KEEP US TOGETHER".....#Nigeria is EBOLA FREE

#NGisEbolaFree ... It just got to Spain
Re: Chinese Embassy Deny Enactus Nigeria Team VISA Because Of Ebola. by DisGuy: 9:50am On Oct 07, 2014
kcpragmatik:

It's a privilegde for 'ENACTUS EKSU' to represent 'ENACTUS NIGERIA'.... Prolly becos its Nigeria.

Absolutely! but a country granting anyone a visa is a priviledge- it's their absolute right
Re: Chinese Embassy Deny Enactus Nigeria Team VISA Because Of Ebola. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 07, 2014
DisGuy:
Abi ooo. Even permanent residence na privilege not to mention ordinary visit visa.
@op, sorry. But it's really an unfair world.
Re: Chinese Embassy Deny Enactus Nigeria Team VISA Because Of Ebola. by kcpragmatik(m): 11:12pm On Oct 07, 2014
Let's see if teams like 'Enactus USA' get bounced....
Re: Chinese Embassy Deny Enactus Nigeria Team VISA Because Of Ebola. by ytwizard(m): 11:04am On Oct 08, 2014
It is quite unfortunate that the federal government and the international community has overtime remain unpertubed by the treatment of Nigerians by the chinese govt. The fight of enactus eksu is not just to raise the flag of Nigeria at the annual enactus world cup but to celebrate the victory of our dear country against this deadly scourge and also to move away from the shackles of discrimination and inhumane treatment of Nigerians in China.
It is must be said without mincing words that if Nigerians had 'protested' the ill treatment of our paralympics team earlier this year, the clear message would have sunk in.
In your own individual way(s) across every available platform, join us to say no to injustice in the form of maltreatment and partial segregation. Sound the alarm and raise your voice to say #NGIsEbolaFree.

Abayomi Sarumi
EnactusEKSU scribe
Re: Chinese Embassy Deny Enactus Nigeria Team VISA Because Of Ebola. by kcpragmatik(m): 10:38pm On Oct 08, 2014
ytwizard:
It is quite unfortunate that the federal government and the international community has overtime remain unpertubed by the treatment of Nigerians by the chinese govt. The fight of enactus eksu is not just to raise the flag of Nigeria at the annual enactus world cup but to celebrate the victory of our dear country against this deadly scourge and also to move away from the shackles of discrimination and inhumane treatment of Nigerians in China.
It is must be said without mincing words that if Nigerians had 'protested' the ill treatment of our paralympics team earlier this year, the clear message would have sunk in.
In your own individual way(s) across every available platform, join us to say no to injustice in the form of maltreatment and partial segregation. Sound the alarm and raise your voice to say #NGIsEbolaFree.

Abayomi Sarumi
EnactusEKSU scribe

Operation FrontPage... Seun pls help us

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Graphic: Fatal Accident Along Owerri-aba Express Road (viewers Discretion) / Nigerians Living In Barbados / Lets Help Someone Travelling Abroad With This Information.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.