Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. - Car Talk (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. (35841 Views)

DIY (DO-IT-YOURSELF) ABSOLUTELY FREE VIN CHECK / Changing Power Steering Seals DIY Style On 2003 Accord (pics!!!) / Coolant Drain, Flush And Refill, DIY On 2003 Honda Accord (with Pics!!!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Eddee(m): 1:39pm On Jun 28, 2020
Piyke:

I did not say you should expose my ignorance o cheesy. Still didn't cover a lot and I'm not sure about the soothing something grin.

Will certainly do the TPMS one. That Accord was an accidented car advertised for sale. If I recall, the dealer even pulled out the airbag light to scam person angry.
Thanks for subscribing!

Baba, I dey learn work for wer u dey! Great job once again!

thebigkendo:

grin
Sir, pardon my sarcastic tone - It will not repeat itself again, I promise!

Conductor261:

Nobody must hear this
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Conductor261: 1:44pm On Jun 28, 2020
Piyke:
So I got me the Autel Maxipro MP808TS. Loving it so far...

How much?
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by chukel(m): 2:20pm On Jun 28, 2020
Piyke:

Oga Eddee I did not say you should expose my ignorance o cheesy. Still didn't cover a lot and I'm not sure about the soothing something grin.

Will certainly do the TPMS one. That Accord was an accidented car advertised for sale. If I recall, the dealer even pulled out the airbag light to scam person angry.
Thanks for subscribing!
pyke, you are tempting me to use my small salary to chase after this scan tool. Hmmm. Impressive. I'm interested in the capabilities of this tool. In terms of diagnosis, what can it do. You didn't allow enough time to see the contents of the Service menu
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by chukel(m): 2:23pm On Jun 28, 2020
Eddee:

Great job, really loved the review, I've subscribed asap. The TPMS capabilities will interest me a lot, currently have an annoying TPMS problem in a Charger, Tacoma and a Corolla. Stock rims, proper air pressure. Tried a couple scanners and they can't pinpoint the exact wheel(s) that has the faulty sensor(s), and local man will rather drive with the lights on, than replace all sensors on a whim!

On a lighter note, Dear Chukel and Rationalmind - I can confirm Piyke's voice is soothing and there were no unnecessary backhand comments or inclusion of devious innuendos in his video. He somehow managed to cover everything his scanner can do in less than 25 mins. Although, I'd like to know how the owner of the Accord felt with so many problems for a car that isn't up to 4 years old.
you want long epistle here abi. I no want hater story here o
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Conductor261: 2:44pm On Jun 28, 2020
chukel:
you want long epistle here abi. I no want hater story here o
apologies from you very essential
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Piyke: 6:51pm On Jun 28, 2020
Conductor261:

How much?

Depends on where you get from. On Amazon its $900+. Locally, its sells from N400k+ on Konga.
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Piyke: 7:01pm On Jun 28, 2020
chukel:
pyke, you are tempting me to use my small salary to chase after this scan tool. Hmmm. Impressive. I'm interested in the capabilities of this tool. In terms of diagnosis, what can it do. You didn't allow enough time to see the contents of the Service menu

You are right. Apologies. I can cover this subsequently
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 28, 2020
Eddee:

Great job, really loved the review, I've subscribed asap. The TPMS capabilities will interest me a lot, currently have an annoying TPMS problem in a Charger, Tacoma and a Corolla. Stock rims, proper air pressure. Tried a couple scanners and they can't pinpoint the exact wheel(s) that has the faulty sensor(s), and local man will rather drive with the lights on, than replace all sensors on a whim!

On a lighter note, Dear Chukel and Rationalmind - I can confirm Piyke's voice is soothing and there were no unnecessary backhand comments or inclusion of devious innuendos in his video. He somehow managed to cover everything his scanner can do in less than 25 mins. Although, I'd like to know how the owner of the Accord felt with so many problems for a car that isn't up to 4 years old.

Maybe it'll go away itself like mine cheesy. Had that light for roughly four months. Just woke up onne day to realise it was gone. cool

Nice work piyke. Our own Scotty with the big scan tool grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Piyke: 7:13pm On Jun 28, 2020
rationalmind:

Maybe it'll go away itself like mine cheesy. Had that light for roughly four months. Just woke up onne day to realise it was gone. cool

Nice work piyke. Our own Scotty with the big scan tool grin

Thanks, but, you know say I still dey learn work angry
grin
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Conductor261: 7:14pm On Jun 28, 2020
Piyke:

Depends on where you get from. On Amazon its $900+. Locally, its sells from N400k+ on Konga.

Got 200k offer on a preowned unit
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Piyke: 7:31pm On Jun 28, 2020
Conductor261:

Good deal. You should verify its not a clone. If genuine, make sure you get the Autel ID so that you can update if you want.
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Conductor261: 8:55pm On Jun 28, 2020
Piyke:

Good deal. You should verify its not a clone. If genuine, make sure you get the Autel ID so that you can update if you want.
Ok
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by sultaan(m): 4:14pm On Jun 29, 2020
Conductor261:

Na my cousin from Benin listed that one
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Conductor261: 5:31pm On Jun 29, 2020
sultaan:

Na my cousin from Benin listed that one
No.
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Lisaawatson: 6:34pm On Jun 29, 2020
We are providing the best quality of work. Our staff is highly trained and have loads of experience.We provide all excavation, and underground utility services. We also service lines for all wet utilities.https://www.greenfieldservicesinc.com/oil-water-separator
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by aieromon(m): 9:33am On Jul 01, 2020
Piyke:

Nice investment.

I have the poor man's version though.

Autel MaxiAP AP200 (₦20,000) + MaxiTPMS TS401 (₦60,000)

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Piyke: 8:33pm On Jul 01, 2020
aieromon:

Nice investment.

I have the poor man's version though.

Autel MaxiAP AP200 (₦20,000) + MaxiTPMS TS401 (₦60,000)

Good one. I understand the AP200 does have the same capacity except that you purchase diagnostic packs by vehicle model.
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by aieromon(m): 11:04pm On Jul 01, 2020
Piyke:

Good one. I understand the AP200 does has the same capacity except that you purchase diagnostic packs by vehicle model.

It comes bundled with a generic OBDII reader. For access to complete diagnostics, you get one vehicle manufacturer free of charge and pay an annual subscription of $21.99 for any addition.
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by adanny01(m): 9:51pm On Jul 06, 2020
Piyke:

Good one. I understand the AP200 does have the same capacity except that you purchase diagnostic packs by vehicle model.

The AP 200 is cool and affordable except for the buying of software that is close to 10k each brand.

I recommended it to a friend who bought one recently.
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Piyke: 1:19am On Jul 07, 2020
Eddee:

TPMS review done. Are you in Abuja?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCqln9hhdc0
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Piyke: 12:36pm On Jul 25, 2020
Piyke:
It's bye bye to my Foxwell NT600 that served me for 8years. cry
The NT600 has access to Engine, Transmission, Airbag and ABS.

One thing I failed to mention here is that I will be selling the above off! Will post in the auto section
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Piyke: 6:18pm On Jul 25, 2020
Piyke:

One thing I failed to mention here is that I will be selling the above off! Will post in the auto section

SOLD!
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by EgunMogaji2: 7:24pm On Aug 19, 2020
Six years ago already, time flies.

A lot of those tools got stolen at the ports but most of the rest are in my garage at Elebu.

I don’t know if I ever shared this little wrench. It’s insulated so it makes working on batteries safe.

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Piyke: 3:05pm On Aug 20, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
Six years ago already, time flies.

A lot of those tools got stolen at the ports but most of the rest are in my garage at Elebu.

I don’t know if I ever shared this little wrench. It’s insulated so it makes working on batteries safe.

Those port rats angry

1 Like

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by EgunMogaji2: 5:31pm On Nov 13, 2020
Let’s just throw this in there grin

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Piyke: 3:29pm On Nov 14, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
Let’s just throw this in there grin

Nice. Thanks for bumping this. Made me read through the whole thread again. Fun.

1 Like

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by EgunMogaji2: 3:43pm On Nov 14, 2020
Piyke:

Nice. Thanks for bumping this. Made me read through the whole thread again. Fun.

Almost seven years now grin

1 Like

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Piyke: 8:17am On Nov 16, 2020
I did a tools tour following a viewer request on my channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I98R9dd1lQ

@EgunMogaji2 - This is not to challenge his royal highness o. I am but a babe where thy tools art. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by EgunMogaji2: 8:39am On Nov 16, 2020
Piyke:
I did a tools tour following a viewer request on my channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I98R9dd1lQ

@EgunMogaji2 - This is not to challenge his royal highness o. I am but a babe where thy tools art. grin

Very nice video grin
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by Piyke: 8:55am On Nov 16, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Very nice video grin

Thanks!
Re: Let's Encourage DIY: Operation Show Your DIY Tools. by EgunMogaji2: 4:40pm On Nov 23, 2020
I couldn’t find a fully automatic one so I’ll deal with this one. Hope I don’t burn down the garage.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

KIA Motors Unveils Multi Billion Naira Plant (25,000 Cars/year) In Lagos / Tisha UnArmed Shelton Drives Her Car (Photos, Video) / The Scam Of 6 Months Nigerian Used Cars For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.