Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,080 members, 7,811,021 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Nyanya Blast Victim, Dominic, Dies After Surgery In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nyanya Blast Victim, Dominic, Dies After Surgery In Abuja (401 Views)

Save Me, Nyanya Blast Victim Begs Nigerians / Nyanya Blast Victim, Dominic, Dies After Surgery In Abuja / Nyanya Blast Victim, Dominic, Dies After Surgery In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nyanya Blast Victim, Dominic, Dies After Surgery In Abuja by argon500: 10:14pm On Oct 06, 2014
One of the two victims of the May 1, 2014 bomb blast in Nyanya in the Federal Capital Territory, Mr. Chiamaka Dominic, is dead, The PUNCH learnt on Monday.

His death came barely two weeks after a surgery had been carried out on one of his two legs.

The surgery was sponsored by Women for Change Development Initiative, an NGO owned by the First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, which paid the N1.4m and equally gave him money.

The Boko Haram Islamic sect had claimed responsibility for the attack, which claimed many lives.

He was said to have died on Sunday night at University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, Gwagwalada, where he had been receiving treatment.

Dominic, a driver from Ehime-Mbano Local Government Area in Imo State, left behind a pregnant wife and two children (aged between 3 and 5).

One of his friends and relative, Felix Okwudiri, confirmed the death to our correspondent, while several calls to his wife, Ijeoma, for response could not get through.

“Yes, Chiamaka Dominic is dead; we are on our way to the hospital but I am yet to get in touch with his wife,” he stated.

The now deceased driver was first admitted at the Accident and Emergency Department of Wuse General Hospital, Abuja, but was transferred to the UATH with another victim, Mrs. Monica Solomon, due to severe burns and injuries.

Our correspondent also learnt that when they were in Wuse General Hospital, the Minister of FCT, (Bala Mohammed) promised that the government would take good care of the two victims while the minister’s wife was said to have also provided a bag of rice.

The minister allegedly failed to fulfill his promise.

Dominic, had, in an interview with our correspondent about a month ago on his hospital bed, expressed gratitude to the First Lady for coming to his assistance.

“I thank the First Lady for her magnanimity, she is indeed a mother and I know that I will live,” he stated.

When contacted, the spokesperson for UATH, Mr. Frank Omagbon, confirmed the Dominic’s death to The PUNCH in a telephone interview.

“About two, three weeks ago, surgery was carried out on one of his two legs affected, waiting for a strong degree of gearing to take place before the other one,” he said.

The Special Assistant to the President on Gender Matters, Dr. Asmau Abdulkadir, through whom the N1.4m was disbursed, screamed when our correspondent informed her of Dominic’s death.

“Oh my God! I am not aware, was it as a result of the second operation? I got to the hospital and was told that a surgery had been done on the first leg while the treatment continues. I have even reported to the First Lady that surgery had been done on the first leg. The second leg was to be operated last Friday. I’m to see him again this Wednesday. I went there, he was very bright and looked okay,” she stated.

Source: Punch
Re: Nyanya Blast Victim, Dominic, Dies After Surgery In Abuja by slimfit1(m): 12:52am On Oct 07, 2014
Le y me book this space PEOPLE DECEIVING PEOPLE.

(1) (Reply)

Need A Link To Download Adobe Reader / SURE-P Supports Youths In Boko Haram-torn States With $70,000 / 2 Missing Canadian Bodies Killed In An Avalanche In Nepal Have Now Been found

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.