Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,802 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Religion Is Waste Of Time And Energy. It's Dogma, Wake Up People. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Is Waste Of Time And Energy. It's Dogma, Wake Up People. (5028 Views)

Trinity 101: Hundreds Bible Verses That Proves Trinity As A Dogma It Is. / Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. / Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Is Waste Of Time And Energy. It's Dogma, Wake Up People. by Carlosein(m): 3:04pm On Nov 11, 2008
bawomolo:

but but wait i thought Christianity was about living in a new life and not following the status quo? why should christianity settle to just be like everybody?

well "think" again!
Re: Religion Is Waste Of Time And Energy. It's Dogma, Wake Up People. by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:12am On Nov 12, 2008
Hmmm, ok now the tempo has cooled down here's my 2 cents.
There is a lot of sense in what the original poster wrote. It is true that some theists think, but majority of them do not. I know this might sound biased but if statistics were taken I am sure you will find more ignorant people in every ten theists than in ten atheists especially in a country like Nigeria. It takes a lot for someone not to believe in God in Nigeria because there is a lot of unprogramming the person has to do. You have to be reasoning mostly above the cognitive level most times to really appreciate the beauty of what the europeans have done.
Religion is cultic in nature and if one realises this then you will begin to appreciate the spell most people are under, infact it is those who can "think" that are even more active once they have been indoctrinated.
In politics one spends the most time with the undecided and not with those you are sure will vote for you and those you are sure will never vote for you.
I tend to apply that to my discourses here, I engage the religious apologists not because I want them to agree with my point but to let the undecided reader see that things can actually be the other way round.
Same goes for you apologists, you are not going to change me, so it would be nice if you while replying you put the needs of the undecided first.
Now is Religion a waste of time and energy, frankly that question is really really really really big, I mean anyone who watched obama take america by storm will ask you if you are alright. Personally I think that religion has done a lot of good to our society but I think it has played its role in shaping man and slowly we are getting ready for another phase in this our lives. Right now I see it as a stumbling block in our development, how else do you appease a teaming population of 120 million people I should add suffering people. Mostly its the promise of a life after now, because in the religious scale of things this life is very very minute compared to the things to come so why even bother to fight.
If we knew that this life is all we get, I am really sure you will see how religion is a waste of time and energy.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Waste Of Time And Energy. It's Dogma, Wake Up People. by naijaguy77: 9:37am On Nov 12, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

Hmmm, ok now the tempo has cooled down here's my 2 cents.
There is a lot of sense in what the original poster wrote. It is true that some theists think, but majority of them do not. I know this might sound biased but if statistics were taken I am sure you will find more ignorant people in every ten theists than in ten atheists especially in a country like Nigeria. It takes a lot for someone not to believe in God in Nigeria because there is a lot of unprogramming the person has to do. You have to be reasoning mostly above the cognitive level most times to really appreciate the beauty of what the europeans have done.
Religion is cultic in nature and if one realises this then you will begin to appreciate the spell most people are under, infact it is those who can "think" that are even more active once they have been indoctrinated.
In politics one spends the most time with the undecided and not with those you are sure will vote for you and those you are sure will never vote for you.
I tend to apply that to my discourses here, I engage the religious apologists not because I want them to agree with my point but to let the undecided reader see that things can actually be the other way round.
Same goes for you apologists, you are not going to change me, so it would be nice if you while replying you put the needs of the undecided first.
Now is Religion a waste of time and energy, frankly that question is really really really really big, I mean anyone who watched obama take america by storm will ask you if you are alright. Personally I think that religion has done a lot of good to our society but I think it has played its role in shaping man and slowly we are getting ready for another phase in this our lives. Right now I see it as a stumbling block in our development, how else do you appease a teaming population of 120 million people I should add suffering people. Mostly its the promise of a life after now, because in the religious scale of things this life is very very minute compared to the things to come so why even bother to fight.
If we knew that this life is all we get, I am really sure you will see how religion is a waste of time and energy.

Excellent post, very concise.
Re: Religion Is Waste Of Time And Energy. It's Dogma, Wake Up People. by dadde(m): 1:04pm On Nov 12, 2008
you don't have to believe in jesus or any miracle. but let me tell u d truth, there will be a time u need something larger than urself to xplain some issues in life.i dont want u to believe in any miracles, but trust me u ll believe wen u need one.
Re: Religion Is Waste Of Time And Energy. It's Dogma, Wake Up People. by naijaguy77: 1:40pm On Nov 12, 2008
dadde:

you don't have to believe in jesus or any miracle. but let me tell u d truth, there will be a time u need something larger than yourself to explain some issues in life.i don't want u to believe in any miracles, but trust me u ll believe when u need one.

But of course we all believe in something to solve our problems, the difference is that we do not fantasize. If I have a serious ailment, I believe in proper medical attention where it exists, If I see something that is not readily explicable - I turn to science for an answer; If my home is on fire, I phone the fire service (where it is functional); and If want to be successful in life, I believe that I need to work extra hard in comparison with the competition; If I feel injustice by someone or the system, I believe in the law of the land, the justice system, the police, the government etc (where they exist) to give me justice. Only in societies where these things are dysfunctional do people turn to phantom forces or powers for solutions and explanations.

But I do not live in a state of phantasmagoria, and I do not lead my life based on irrational excuses and explanations that frankly will land me in a psychiatric ward in many parts of the world. So contrary to your assertion, I do believe in turning to 'something' or 'someone' for help when I have a problem or when I need solutions, just not a phantom old white man with long beard who clearly is imaginary. smiley
Re: Religion Is Waste Of Time And Energy. It's Dogma, Wake Up People. by Carlosein(m): 5:16pm On Nov 12, 2008
naijaguy77:

But of course we all believe in something to solve our problems, the difference is that we do not fantasize. If I have a serious ailment, I believe in proper medical attention where it exists, If I see something that is not readily explicable - I turn to science for an answer; If my home is on fire, I phone the fire service (where it is functional); and If want to be successful in life, I believe that I need to work extra hard in comparison with the competition; If I feel injustice by someone or the system, I believe in the law of the land, the justice system, the police, the government etc (where they exist) to give me justice. Only in societies where these things are dysfunctional do people turn to phantom forces or powers for solutions and explanations.

But I do not live in a state of phantasmagoria, and I do not lead my life based on irrational excuses and explanations that frankly will land me in a psychiatric ward in many parts of the world. So contrary to your assertion, I do believe in turning to 'something' or 'someone' for help when I have a problem or when I need solutions, just not a phantom old white man with long beard who clearly is imaginary. smiley

see a product of your "thinking".
Re: Religion Is Waste Of Time And Energy. It's Dogma, Wake Up People. by mazaje(m): 6:01pm On Nov 12, 2008
Carlosein:

see a product of your "thinking".

when you think of god what comes to your mind, obasanjo's face?

@Chrisbenogor you have made an excellent point, how body?. . . . .
Re: Religion Is Waste Of Time And Energy. It's Dogma, Wake Up People. by Carlosein(m): 6:15pm On Nov 12, 2008
no no nooooo, [s]what comes to mind is mazaje's testicles!!![/s]
Re: Religion Is Waste Of Time And Energy. It's Dogma, Wake Up People. by mazaje(m): 6:28pm On Nov 12, 2008
Carlosein:

no no nooooo, [s]what comes to mind is mazaje's testicles!!![/s]

ohh thats nice considering the fact that my testicles are far bigger and more viable than yours. . . . . .
Re: Religion Is Waste Of Time And Energy. It's Dogma, Wake Up People. by naijaguy77: 10:48pm On Nov 12, 2008
There is a programme being aired right now on Channel 4 in the UK, it is heartbreaking. It shows religious madness in Nigeria, children being accused that they are witches and are posessed with evil spirits that need to be cast out.

I hope that all you religious people get to see it, sometimes I really do wonder what kind of people we have in Nigeria. Sad indeed.
Re: Religion Is Waste Of Time And Energy. It's Dogma, Wake Up People. by Kuns: 1:13am On Dec 23, 2008
Why doesn't the Bible teach humans about survival?
Re: Religion Is Waste Of Time And Energy. It's Dogma, Wake Up People. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 06, 2012
BUMP!!!
Re: Religion Is Waste Of Time And Energy. It's Dogma, Wake Up People. by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:43am On Aug 07, 2012
Bloody hell MOSI MOSI why you dey bump thread now, its shocking to read what I wrote in 2008 shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Waste Of Time And Energy. It's Dogma, Wake Up People. by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 07, 2012
Chrisbenogor: Bloody hell MOSI MOSI why you dey bump thread now, its shocking to read what I wrote in 2008 shocked shocked shocked
So in almost 4 years, have your views changed? grin
Re: Religion Is Waste Of Time And Energy. It's Dogma, Wake Up People. by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:00am On Aug 07, 2012
By and large no, but I am a lot more subtle these days.
You know na chilling chilling and chilling wink
Re: Religion Is Waste Of Time And Energy. It's Dogma, Wake Up People. by Ubenedictus(m): 3:28pm On Aug 07, 2012
big father: Agents of END TIME !
well correction the catholic church didnt start with constantine. There were many popes before d 4th century, or even constatine, many bishops priest and lay faithful. The catholic church existed before constantine he was a cathecumen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

hypocrisy in Africans atheism... / See Picture Of Sick Patrick Anwuzia Of Zoe Ministry Seen Online / How To Use Coconut Water To Pray So You Can Get Money To Pay Your Debts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.