Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,956 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? (17534 Views)

Ebola Can Now Be Contacted Through Eating Banana [ Must Read ] / Ebola Cannot Be Contracted By Eating Bush Meat- Yewande Adeshina / Ebola Can Be Cured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? by infantrydoctor(m): 2:04pm On Oct 07, 2014
Honestly, am an addicted eater of bush meat. A lot really changed about buying and selling of bush meat in the last 2 months. Some women even protested in Oyo state because buyers refused to patronise them. I really missed my bush meat. In my opinion, l really do not think our Nija bush meat has got anything to do with Ebola. Please can we start eating bushmeat now?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? by nedu2000(m): 2:16pm On Oct 07, 2014
A bat or hyena that migrated from liberia may've got hold of the virus too,so wait let the disease die out 1st,better safe than stories. grin
Me too I'm affected,I was adviced to cut my suya intake

14 Likes

Re: Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? by khattab02: 2:25pm On Oct 07, 2014
Op not yet, calm down for a little while not until when that of other west African countries have been controlled to a reasonable level. Pele

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? by mployer(m): 2:56pm On Oct 07, 2014
There is no Ebola in our bush meat. Enjoy your meat jare.

12 Likes

Re: Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? by infantrydoctor(m): 2:57pm On Oct 07, 2014
khattab02:
Op not yet, calm down for a little while not until when that of other west African countries have been controlled to a reasonable level. Pele

But do you think the meat we have been eaten for centuries can suddenly become infected with Ebola?

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? by chiefinalowo: 3:06pm On Oct 07, 2014
infantrydoctor:

But do you think the meat we have been eaten for centuries can suddenly become infected with Ebola?

Don't mind them.
I eat Bush Meat nearly everyday.
With or without Ebola in West Africa, I will not stop consuming Bush Meat.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? by khattab02: 3:11pm On Oct 07, 2014
infantrydoctor:

yes of course! why? Because the ebola disease has become pandemic so there is every possibility and likelyhood especially when there is no cure to curtail and contain it.
Re: Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? by kokoA(m): 3:13pm On Oct 07, 2014
Did I ever stop eating bush meat?
Re: Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? by greatiyk4u(m): 3:19pm On Oct 07, 2014
Eat @ ur own risk

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 07, 2014
There is no border control for wild animals for now, so be very careful!

6 Likes

Re: Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? by infantrydoctor(m): 4:07pm On Oct 07, 2014
kokoA:
Did I ever stop eating bush meat?

But some pple l heard were arrested for selling bush meet. And grasscutter is even scares now.
Re: Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? by infantrydoctor(m): 4:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
wazoboy:

You mean there was border control all these centuries?

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 07, 2014
infantrydoctor:

You mean there was border control all these centuries?
My broda na advice o! Yoruba elders say that we dont stop a kid from pounding water-yam as long as the kid could afford to stay alone in the evil forest!

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? by PapiWata: 4:33pm On Oct 07, 2014
It is way too early to rejoice about Nigeria being free from the Ebola virus. Today, October 7th 2014, it has been reported that a traveler who arrived in Spain from Nigeria just a week ago, has been diagnosed with Ebola fever, and quarantined along with 4 other people in a Madrid hospital.

In the United States, a Liberian man who returned to the US after a holiday visit to Liberia, proved that Ebola-infected people CAN pass undetected through airport passenger temperature checks, to cross several time zones and infect people in distant continents. If it is THAT easy for an infected Liberian traveler to introduce the Ebola disease to America, then must be regarded as FAR easier for swarms of emigrants fleeing the contagion in Liberia and Sierra Leone, to sneak into Nigeria across its porous and mostly un-manned land or sea borders, to initiate a SECOND wave of Ebola infections within Nigeria, at any point in time over the next few weeks and months.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? by tpia1: 4:43pm On Oct 07, 2014
is bush meat really bush meat?

for example, the high volume of grasscutters would seem to indicate animal farming imo.

given the consumption rate?

i could be wrong though.
Re: Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? by Wisdomkosi(m): 4:47pm On Oct 07, 2014
I d pity for u
Re: Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? by maslong(m): 4:48pm On Oct 07, 2014
abeg ebola should Cary e load go jor al this while i been seeing bush animal without making any attempt to kill them, because if i kil am wetin i wun cary am do angry angry embarassed embarassed
Re: Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? by thaqib(m): 4:53pm On Oct 07, 2014
Anu e o se mi
Re: Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? by IGBOSON1: 5:05pm On Oct 07, 2014
wazoboy:

^^^Don't mind them!

We Nigerians sef.....we eat just about anything with a heartbeat!! I watched on in horror the other day, when there was a news report on the poor market bushmeat sellers are experiencing because of this ebola wahala! In the report i saw all assorted kinds of exotic wild animals that i never even knew were still available in the wild in Nigeria, like Crocodile, Anteaters, Antelopes, etc-etc-etc; they were hung up on poles by the expressway for buyers that were few and far between! I was secretly happy that now they may have a breathing space and chance to increase their numbers and thrive while wary Nigerians turn their attention to fish, like i've noticed Bros Spyder doing recently......ordinarily, that guy and Anu-Nchi are inseperable!

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? by infantrydoctor(m): 5:05pm On Oct 07, 2014
PapiWata:
It is way too early to rejoice about Nigeria being free from the Ebola virus. Today, October 7th 2014, it has been reported that a traveler who arrived in Spain from Nigeria just a week ago, has been diagnosed with Ebola fever, and quarantined along with 4 other people in a Madrid hospital.

In the United States, a Liberian man who returned to the US after a holiday visit to Liberia, proved that Ebola-infected people CAN pass undetected through airport passenger temperature checks, to cross several time zones and infect people in distant continents. If it is THAT easy for an infected Liberian traveler to introduce the Ebola disease to America, then must be regarded as FAR easier for swarms of emigrants fleeing the contagion in Liberia and Sierra Leone, to sneak into Nigeria across its porous and mostly un-manned land or sea borders, to initiate a SECOND wave of Ebola infections within Nigeria, at any point in time over the next few weeks and months.

So are you saying we should just assume we can never be totally free of ebola? And by the way, how this one take concern our bush meat?

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 07, 2014
You should go and eat your bush meat and enjoy it.

Ebola is a psychological terrorism - it does not exist!

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? by talktimi(m): 5:08pm On Oct 07, 2014
I never stopped eating my bush meat o and I don't understand why anybody would do so
Re: Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? by infantrydoctor(m): 5:09pm On Oct 07, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Don't mind them!

We Nigerians sef.....we eat just about anything with a heartbeat!! I watched on in horror the other day, when there was a news report on the poor market bushmeat sellers are experiencing because of this ebola wahala! In the report i saw all assorted kinds of exotic wild animals that i never even knew were still available in the wild in Nigeria, like Crocodile, Anteaters, Antelopes, etc-etc-etc; they were hung up on poles by the expressway for buyers that were few and far between! I was secretly happy that now they may have a breathing space and chance to increase their numbers and thrive while wary Nigerians turn their attention to fish, like i've noticed Bros Spyder doing recently......ordinarily, that guy and Anu-Nchi are inseperable!
Domesticated animals that are closer to humans and bushmeats which one is a more likely source now? Forgeting the fact that they said the apes originally brought it?
Re: Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? by khattab02: 5:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
infantrydoctor:

But some pple l heard were arrested for selling bush meet. And grasscutter is even scares now.
lol
Re: Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 07, 2014
GenBuhari:
You should go and eat your bush meat and enjoy it.

Ebola is a psychological terrorism - it does not exist!
Follow this guy and you are next in quarantine centergrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? by khattab02: 5:27pm On Oct 07, 2014
wazoboy:
Follow this guy and you are next in quarantine centergrin
haha..u funny oo..lol
Re: Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 07, 2014
infantrydoctor:
Honestly, am an addicted eater of bush meat. A lot really changed about buying and selling of bush meat in the last 2 months. Some women even protested in Oyo state because buyers refused to patronise them. I really missed my bush meat. In my opinion, l really do not think our Nija bush meat has got anything to do with Ebola. Please can we start eating bushmeat now?
Move to the sambisa forest. And eat your ebola meat there.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? by infantrydoctor(m): 5:54pm On Oct 07, 2014
CoolHunk:

Move to the sambisa forest. And eat your ebola meat there.

I cannot see any difference between them telling us not to eat our own bush meat and the rumour then that we should be taking salt and bathing salty water
Re: Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 07, 2014
OP na wa for you o, I eat bush meat with or without ebola. Virus can't stand heat, I don't knw hw the ebola can survive the heat of the fire.

#BushmeatEater

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? by Solowande(m): 6:03pm On Oct 07, 2014
Guy nor start wetin u no go fit end o, for according to d white man; prevention is better than cure
Re: Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 07, 2014
infantrydoctor:

I cannot see any difference between them telling us not to eat our own bush meat and the rumour then that we should be taking salt and bathing salty water
Alright. I see you're one of those people who love to learn the hard way. When you develop a 38 degree cent. fever, just eat more bush meat. You should be fine.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Can We Now Begin To Eat Our Bush Meat? by infantrydoctor(m): 6:42pm On Oct 07, 2014
CoolHunk:

Alright. I see you're one of those people who love to learn the hard way. When you develop a 38 degree cent. fever, just eat more bush meat. You should be fine.

The same fear fear that killed people when they jumped into canals during lkeja cantonement bomb blast. Fear of the unforseen they say, kills faster than anything else.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Issue Of Female Circumcision: Your Opinion? / 30 Health Tips Everyone Must Know (A Must Read) / Nigerian Cancer Survivor Shares Her Story, After Welcoming A Child (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.