Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,074 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Gbemisola Saraki joins Kwara governorship race; set to battle brother again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbemisola Saraki joins Kwara governorship race; set to battle brother again (1425 Views)

Buhari Names Gbemisola Saraki As Otuoke University Council Chairman / Toyin Saraki Joins The Obamas, Usher & Others For Event At The White House. PICS / Saraki Joins President Buhari At Eid Ground (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbemisola Saraki joins Kwara governorship race; set to battle brother again by honey001(m): 5:07pm On Oct 07, 2014
A former senator, Gbemisola Saraki, has
signified her intention to contest the Kwara
state governorship election in February
2015 on the platform of the Peoples
Democratic Party, PDP.
She disclosed this in a letter to the
chairman of the state chapter of the party
and its Elders Committee, saying she
resolved to contest after state-wide
consultations, which she said took her
several months.
Ms. Saraki contested for the same position
in 2011 on the platform of the Allied
Congress Party of Nigeria, ACPN, but was
defeated by the incumbent, Abdulfatah
Ahmed, who ran on the ticket of the PDP.
Mr. Ahmed has since defected to the All
Progressives Congress, APC, on which
platform he is running for a second term.
“I have the pleasure to inform you that
after several months of statewide
consultations, I have resolved to contest for
the position of the governor of Kwara
State under the platform of our great party,
the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the
2015 General Elections,” Ms. Saraki said in
the “Letter of Intent,” dated October 2.
“This decision is informed, on the one hand,
by calls by family members, friends and
several thousands of members of our party
who are convinced about my capacity to
lead the state out of its present state of
hopelessness and stagnation which the
ruling party has deliberately thrown it into.
“On the other hand, it is informed by the
positive reactions received so far from
majority of elders and stakeholders of our
party, and other members of the public
during my statewide consultations.
“Thus, in obedience to their clarion calls,
and a personal conviction that Kwara State
can be better governed, I have decided to
offer myself to the service of the good
people of Kwara state.”
The former senator, who is a younger sister
of a former governor of the state, Bukola
Saraki, stated that as an aspirant, she was
under no illusion that the stakes were high.
“But I also know that we face an electorate
that has been exhausted by broken
promises, bad governance, collapse
infrastructure, an ailing economy, and a
host of other problems that seem to defy
solutions.
“But with God on our side, and the
unalloyed support of our party, I believe I
would bring my experience and connection
to bear to salvage our dear state from the
brink of collapse,” she said.
She assured that party leadership that she
was committed to free, fair and transparent
primaries among her co-aspirants in the
PDP.
While commending the party from
exempting the female aspirants in the state
from paying the mandatory minimum levy
of N500, 000, Ms. Saraki, however, noted
that she had contributed more than that
amount to its progress.
Ms. Saraki, daughter of the late strongman
of Kwara politics, Olusola Saraki, was a
member of the House of Representatives
between 1999 and 2003 on the platform of
the defunct All Peoples Party, APP, and later
moved to the Senate where she spent two
terms.
Her efforts, backed by her father to succeed
her elder brother, Bukola, in 2011 failed as
she was defeated by Mr. Ahmed.
Mr. Saraki, like the governor, is now in the
APC.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/169148-gbemisola-saraki-joins-kwara-governorship-race-set-to-battle-brother-again.html
Re: Gbemisola Saraki joins Kwara governorship race; set to battle brother again by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 07, 2014
If PDP does the mistake of fielding Gbemisola as their governorship candidate then it will be a landslide victory for fatai ahmed.
Re: Gbemisola Saraki joins Kwara governorship race; set to battle brother again by naffysa(f): 6:13pm On Oct 07, 2014
Aunty Amope is at it again from Okere to PDP. She should allow Dele or Prof Oba joor.
Re: Gbemisola Saraki joins Kwara governorship race; set to battle brother again by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 07, 2014
HMMMNNNundecided
Re: Gbemisola Saraki joins Kwara governorship race; set to battle brother again by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 07, 2014
It seems like the Sarakis are playing pranks. They control both the ruling APC and opposition PDP in Kwara State. Gbemi is in the race to spoil the chance of Dele and co grin. Olusola Saraki used the same format in 2011 by spoiling ACN chances using his ACPN to split opposition votes to pave way for Abdulfatai Ahmed and PDP
Re: Gbemisola Saraki joins Kwara governorship race; set to battle brother again by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 07, 2014
barcanista:
It seems like the Sarakis are playing pranks. They control both the ruling APC and opposition PDP in Kwara State. Gbemi is in the race to spoil the chance of Dele and co grin. Olusola Saraki used the same format in 2011 by spoiling ACN chances using his ACPN to split opposition votes to pave way for Abdulfatai Ahmed and PDP
Gbemi doesn't control pdp, in fact she is just wasting her time
Re: Gbemisola Saraki joins Kwara governorship race; set to battle brother again by johnmartus(m): 8:59pm On Oct 07, 2014
who she sound like she can win chancellorship election
Re: Gbemisola Saraki joins Kwara governorship race; set to battle brother again by newguy1(m): 9:33pm On Oct 07, 2014
Complete n total nonsense she of all people rule kwara a white man have more hope of winnin dan r
Re: Gbemisola Saraki joins Kwara governorship race; set to battle brother again by AWONEYAN(m): 7:14am On Oct 08, 2014
Amope aka GRS, please tell us what you did in your 4 years in House of rep and 8 years in the senate? Apart from sleeping with Dimeji Bankole....no single bills was sponsored by you...you can not even be a responsible maried woman...you can not manage a home yet you want to manage a state...kwarans are tired of your lineage boundage vested by your father...so you Gbemi and your brother bukola,(fatai's boss) won't succed this time around . And to all other contestants that are just there to add to the numbers and collect Bukola's cheque and step down few weekd to election. You will also fail this time around. Power Must Change Hand in Kwara in 2015.
Re: Gbemisola Saraki joins Kwara governorship race; set to battle brother again by nitlad: 7:29am On Oct 08, 2014
naffysa: Aunty Amope is at it again from Okere to PDP. She should allow Dele or Prof Oba joor.

It's between Jani Ibrahim and Dele Belgore.

Gbemi better go lobby for Minister.
Re: Gbemisola Saraki joins Kwara governorship race; set to battle brother again by nitlad: 7:31am On Oct 08, 2014
yemaldo: Gbemi doesn't control pdp, in fact she is just wasting her time

Actually, her stature is quite considerable. But there are bigger heavyweights.
Re: Gbemisola Saraki joins Kwara governorship race; set to battle brother again by egbaguy: 7:42am On Oct 08, 2014
gbemi is beautiful sha...........perhaps,she shud open a beauty shop/spa on the island. Politics isnt her calling. She don try nah,HOR and senate,na beans?
Re: Gbemisola Saraki joins Kwara governorship race; set to battle brother again by fagbalex(m): 8:03am On Oct 08, 2014
kwara PDP are not working along a line to defeat incubent Governor. Simeon Ajibola, Jani Ibrahim, Suleiman Ajadi, Dele Belgore, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq, Babalola, Bio Ibrahim, prof oba, and many others that i cant remember, now anti Amope has join the race. This stride for personal interest cannot wrest power from the incubent Governor and his Godfather, i think they need to reach compromised and pick the most credible Candidate.
Re: Gbemisola Saraki joins Kwara governorship race; set to battle brother again by asadike(f): 8:07am On Oct 08, 2014
Abeg,wey Dele Belgore? Omo alfa agba ni ilu ilorin. Dele is my man,anytime,anyday.
Re: Gbemisola Saraki joins Kwara governorship race; set to battle brother again by bright8(m): 10:32am On Oct 08, 2014
Very beautiful woman. If only beauty could accrue votes.
Re: Gbemisola Saraki joins Kwara governorship race; set to battle brother again by shizzle11(m): 12:02pm On Oct 08, 2014
Why is her picture not here?i heard she is a beautiful woman cheesy
Re: Gbemisola Saraki joins Kwara governorship race; set to battle brother again by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 12:27pm On Oct 08, 2014
Family affairs
Re: Gbemisola Saraki joins Kwara governorship race; set to battle brother again by naffysa(f): 5:41pm On Oct 08, 2014
shizzle11:
Why is her picture not here?i heard she is a beautiful woman cheesy

Re: Gbemisola Saraki joins Kwara governorship race; set to battle brother again by shizzle11(m): 5:52pm On Oct 08, 2014
^ thanks naffysa, she is truly beutiful. Got this pics of her too cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Why Buhari Will Never Be President Of Nigeria, By Femi Aribisala / White Man Becomes President In Africa-First Of Its Kind! / The Many Unforgettable Sins Of Gen. Muhammad Buhari (part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.