Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,478 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? (3891 Views)

Which One Of The Two Is Taking Control Of Your Life ? (pics) / #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds / Atheists, Christians And Muslims - Lets Study These Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by MessiRonaldo007: 8:18pm On Oct 07, 2014
striktlymi:

I did comment there but as it stands, I can no longer do that. Same goes for any non-muslim who hold strongly to their beliefs.

The Islam section has been quite vulnerable to 'attacks' which can prove very destructive to nairaland, nairalanders and seun.

It is no news that some 'disgruntled elements' who hide behind the cloak of Islam, would welcome any slight excuse to cause havoc on innocent people.

As a result, it is in everyone's best interest to prevent non-muslims, who may not be aware of the far reaching effects of their posts, from posting in that section.

The new innovation in my view is a welcome development. It shows some sense of responsibility on the part of seun.

So what you are saying is that there are islamic extremists that are ready to cause havoc on any slight provocation coming from the criticism of islam?

If that is the case why were you then calling us that want fairness "jealous"?

The problem is not from non-muslims but rather the islam section.

Forceful conversions will not stop the "islamic extremists" and neither would maltreating non-muslims....

To me, the solution is simple; give muslims the same restrictions on the religion section that they give non-muslims on the islam section.

For instance, threads on the islamic section about atheism/christianity/paganism must be moved to the religion section
Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by paulGrundy(m): 8:24pm On Oct 07, 2014
striktlymi:

I did comment there but as it stands, I can no longer do that. Same goes for any non-muslim who hold strongly to their beliefs.

The Islam section has been quite vulnerable to 'attacks' which can prove very destructive to nairaland, nairalanders and seun

So you think the christians in nairaland have not been vulnerable to attacks by muslims and athiests in this forum?
There certain christian groups that are as sensitive as islam, they are attacked a lot of times yet they've not been given the special attention their muslim counterparts get. Even a blind man knows that muslims come to the religious section to bash christians and nothing is done about it.

It is no news that some 'disgruntled elements' who hide behind the cloak of Islam, would welcome any slight excuse to cause havoc on innocent people.

As a result, it is in everyone's best interest to prevent non-muslims, who may not be aware of the far reaching effects of their posts, from posting in that section.

Don't get you?

The new innovation in my view is a welcome development. It shows some sense of responsibility on the part of seun.
Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 07, 2014
paulGrundy:

So you think the christians in nairaland have not been vulnerable to attacks by muslims and athiests in this forum?
There certain christian groups that are as sensitive as islam, they are attacked a lot of times yet they've not been given the special attention their muslim counterparts get. Even a blind man knows that muslims come to the religious section to bash christians and nothing is done about it.

Don't get you?

I am talking about practical attacks that may involve the loss of lives and properties. These attacks are not only restricted to non-muslims; muslims too also suffer the same fate.

As far as Nigeria is concerned the online attacks against Christianity can be better managed. Anyways, creating a Christian only section would not eliminate these attacks. It will only lead to a whole new set of problems.

The segregation of the Muslim section seem to be working because of the relative harmony and unity of muslims. This unity is non-existent in Christendom.

We will still be at each others throats and may be clamour for further sections if this request is granted.

2 Likes

Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by That2: 8:39pm On Oct 07, 2014
And striktlymi is right! The Muslims are the most vulnerable. This is why i rarely bash them because Christians are already doing that for me. I only bash the ones who think they are saints and savior of the world. Muslims even believe Jesus is their prophet so they are very cautious. But Christians don't believed in Muhammad so they attack the Muslims with full force. The people bashing Christians are atheists, Agnostics, deists and even some Christians bash themselves. Protestants will bash Catholics and vice versa, JW have come under intense scrutiny. The disunity of Christianity will be their downfall! If you believed Muslims are bashing you please name just two of those Muslims and don't forget to include their posts.

3 Likes

Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by paulGrundy(m): 8:46pm On Oct 07, 2014
striktlymi:

I am talking about practical attacks that may involve the loss of lives and properties. These attacks are not only restricted to non-muslims; muslims too also suffer the same fate.

As far as Nigeria is concerned the online attacks against Christianity can be better managed. Anyways, creating a Christian only section would not eliminate these attacks. It will only lead to a whole new set of problems.

The segregation of the Muslim section seem to be working because of the relative harmony and unity of muslims. This unity is non-existent in Christendom.

We will still be at each others throats and may be clamour for further sections if this request is granted.

Don't you think that the creation is muslims-only section led to this new set of problems we are having?

Wouldn't it be best if we had only the general religious section and a very strong moderator?
Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by wiegraf: 8:48pm On Oct 07, 2014
what us this striktlimy complaining about? which atheists do you see complaining per say (except the logicboy usual, and those are...)

we may even be careful, justifiably, and complain about our treatment irl, but not here.

however, there's a nice rant about Islam presently on the atheist chat thread. only reason I can think of for the lack of follow up is we're all gaddem tired of their nonsense. i may be wrong, but at least I am.

every time I see a rilwan or lanrex thread I think to myself, 'get in and shut this hipocritical oaf up'. they wouldn't allow this in their section yet here they are. then I think meh, this particular clowns aren't worth the bother. their ogas and chief house slaves though, Mac and tbaba, especially tbaba, come over every once in a while. I do enjoy visiting those, even if its just 'discussing' with the Borg, and they never learn. they have their section, with their own rules, yet here they are. eating cake and then having it.

there is nothing 'jealous' here. one group behaved atrociously, threatening a man, and then got 'rewarded'. others are wondering wtf, and why the continued preference?! why only them always with the special treatment? even balo is having to grow up

it is really, really silly. and, personally, if xtians want their own section. more power to them. it's only fair. others may disagree but meh. and these people aren't even asking for their own section, so this jealousy claims sef....
Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by paulGrundy(m): 8:50pm On Oct 07, 2014
That2:
And striktlymi is right! The Muslims are the most vulnerable. This is why i rarely bash them because Christians are already doing that for me. I only bash the ones who think they are saints and savior of the world. Muslims even believe Jesus is their prophet so they are very cautious. But Christians don't believed in Muhammad so they attack the Muslims with full force. The people bashing Christians are atheists, Agnostics, deists and even some Christians bash themselves. Protestants will bash Catholics and vice versa, JW have come under intense scrutiny. The disunity of Christianity will be their downfall! If you believed Muslims are bashing you please name just two of those Muslims and don't forget to include their posts.

And who told you that muslims don't bash christians? They hardly pick on christians, but when they do it usually obnoxious and annoying.
Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by timmy2409(m): 9:14pm On Oct 07, 2014
Ajibam:

Guess you don't know how they eventually get a section here on nairaland. grin grin grin
You can just try and find out what ensue.

wiegraf:
what us this striktlimy complaining about? which atheists do you see complaining per say (except the logicboy usual, and those are...)
we may even be careful, justifiably, and complain about our treatment irl, but not here.
however, there's a nice rant about Islam presently on the atheist chat thread. only reason I can think of for the lack of follow up is we're all gaddem tired of their nonsense. i may be wrong, but at least I am.
every time I see a rilwan or lanrex thread I think to myself, 'get in and shut this hipocritical oaf up'. they wouldn't allow this in their section yet here they are. then I think meh, this particular clowns aren't worth the bother. their ogas and chief house slaves though, Mac and tbaba, especially tbaba, come over every once in a while. I do enjoy visiting those, even if its just 'discussing' with the Borg, and they never learn. they have their section, with their own rules, yet here they are. eating cake and then having it.
there is nothing 'jealous' here. one group behaved atrociously, threatening a man, and then got 'rewarded'. others are wondering wtf, and why the continued preference?! why only them always with the special treatment? even balo is having to grow up
it is really, really silly. and, personally, if xtians want their own section. more power to them. it's only fair. others may disagree but meh. and these people aren't even asking for their own section, so this jealousy claims sef....

I'm really curious to know what went down leading to the creation of their section. Seems like there's quite the backstory here, and me I too like tory grin

1 Like

Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by lanrexlan(m): 9:20pm On Oct 07, 2014
Ajibam:
Op, many people have tried what you are doing now with no success, the best thing you have to do is to ignore, just as if you didn't notice anything..
Christians and other religions here can't comment in the Islam section without our dictator (mac) hiding it even if it is harmless, and due to the level of boredom there (cause it is one of the most boring section after recycle bin section), they come here enmass to post their topic.
Liar,many non-muslims do comment in the Islam section,some non-muslims topics even made it to the frontpage(If you need evidences,I will give you).The rule is very simple,keep to Nairaland rules and you will NEVER get banned.

Boring section? And your brothers in christ keep flooding the place.We know of a certain christian that has more than 5 accounts just to comment on the Islam section(N B. This certain individual do post with all these monikers almost the same time).
We know of certain christians that ALL their topics on Nairaland is about Islam and posted in the Islam section.
We know of a certain hatetheist that created more than 28 monikers just to post in the Islam section.And you called that boring? What we see is your brothers' obsession with posting in the Islam section.We do welcome them providing they abide with Nairaland rules.
Since the moderator for this section saw it and ignore, i think you should do that too, just look for a sensible thread and discuss there.. Like my oga said, you not going to one section can't deprive you of the fun here on nairaland..seun is doing the best he can, so cheer up and show that Christians are not just peacemaker but are tolerance..
Shalom
You talking about tolerance? To hell with your so called tolerance.We remembered the kind of tolerance you and some of your christian brothers and sisters displayed when muslims were clamoring for their topics on frontpage on this thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/1579129/request-islamic-threads-frontpage
We were really fascinated with the tolerance you guys displayed!!!

2 Likes

Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by Slitz(f): 9:33pm On Oct 07, 2014
lanrexlan:
Liar,many non-muslims do comment in the Islam section,some non-muslims topics even made it to the frontpage(If you need evidences,I will give you).The rule is very simple,keep to Nairaland rules and you will NEVER get banned.

Boring section? And your brothers in christ keep flooding the place.We know of a certain christian that has more than 5 accounts just to comment on the Islam section(N B. This certain individual do post with all these monikers almost the same time).
We know of certain christians that ALL their topics on Nairaland is about Islam and posted in the Islam section.
We know of a certain hatetheist that created more than 28 monikers just to post in the Islam section.And you called that boring? What we see is your brothers' obsession with posting in the Islam section.We do welcome them providing they abide with Nairaland rules.
You talking about tolerance? To hell with your so called tolerance.We remembered the kind of tolerance you and some of your christian brothers and sisters displayed when muslims were clamoring for their topics on frontpage.We were fascinated with the tolerance you guys displayed!!!
grin.spot on Bro..boring indeed.. if it was truly boring u Wld not even care about the new development.. Aw did y'all discover so soon anyway..Lol

1 Like

Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by Ajibam: 9:34pm On Oct 07, 2014
lanrexlan:

You talking about tolerance? To hell with your so called tolerance.We remembered the kind of tolerance you and some of your christian brothers and sisters displayed when muslims were clamoring for their topics on frontpage on this thread.
Alright.
Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by itstpia1: 9:35pm On Oct 07, 2014
lanrexlan:

if you are complaining about all these now, i wonder what you'd have done about what went on before you joined nl?

as per multiple monikers, i guess you're unaware most monikers on nl are multiple ones? Opening multiple threads?

its called the internet.

there's a reason why seun has trolls keep his site going.

lets assume you dont know?
Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by lanrexlan(m): 9:39pm On Oct 07, 2014
itstpia1:

if you are complaining about all these now, i wonder what you'd have done about what went on before you joined nl?
as per multiple monikers, i guess you're unaware most monikers on nl are multiple ones? Opening multiple threads?
its called the internet.
there's a reason why seun has trolls keep his site going.lets assume you dont know?
Sister,I am not complaining just pointing out the hypocrisy in Ajiban's thread.

As per monikers,I am aware that people had multiple monikers but they don't post simultaneously with them,but are you aware of the same person praising himself on his thread using different monikers? Or a person opening more than 5 monikers in the span of a day?

1 Like

Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by itstpia1: 9:40pm On Oct 07, 2014
timmy2409:

I'm really curious to know what went down leading to the creation of their section. Seems like there's quite the backstory here, and me I too like tory grin

seun fomented some story about being threatened by muslims, therefore "he said" he had to give them their own section.

i guess he'll say something similar led to the current tango.

However, be all that as it may, the real deal is anytime he does his shananas in this manner, check the nigerian political scene and watch what went on, or is going on there.

that's majorly what dictates nl theatrics.
Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by itstpia1: 9:40pm On Oct 07, 2014
lanrexlan:
Sister,I am not complaining just pointing out the hypocrisy in Ajiban's thread.

didnt read whatever led to your post, sorry.

will do so soon.
Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by Ajibam: 9:53pm On Oct 07, 2014
Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by ojaydedon(m): 10:30pm On Oct 07, 2014
MessiRonaldo007:

Christians mocked Seun to death on rule 17.

That is why it is no more there. grin
grin
MessiRonaldo007:

Christians mocked Seun to death on rule 17.

That is why it is no more there. grin

is seun muslim??
Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 07, 2014
This striktlymi character might as well be the fence.

1 Like

Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by itstpia1: 10:49pm On Oct 07, 2014
wiegraf:

Shhh!

They might put a jihad on you....

i see you are also hoodwinked here.
Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by doofanc: 10:50pm On Oct 07, 2014
Now this is becoming irritating.

What's this obsession some Christians have with things related to Islam? They have asked to given their exclusive section, which was granted. Why can't we mind our business and face our faith?

Are there not far more compelling issues in Christendom to be considered?

Imagine the impact on your life if the amount of time some of you Christians spend trolling in their section was spent reading your Bible.

Please enough of this nonsense. Concern yourself with those things profitable.

Work out your salvation with fear and trembling. Remain Rapturable.

Jesus Christ is coming soon. Shallom.

3 Likes

Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by paulGrundy(m): 10:55pm On Oct 07, 2014
doofanc:

What's this obsession some Christians have with things related to Islam?They have asked to given their exclusive section, which was granted. Why can't we mind our business and face our faith?

Imagine the impact on your life if the amount of time some of you Christians spend trolling in their section was spent reading your Bible.

Were you drunk while writing this?
Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by Ajibam: 10:56pm On Oct 07, 2014
Very funny, imagine.. Now sharia law is instituted in their section now, you can't comment unless you declare yourself a Muslim and accept it to appear on your profile.. I wonder where this will eventually end..
Closely watching!

Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by wiegraf: 11:04pm On Oct 07, 2014
itstpia1:

i see you are also hoodwinked here.

When discussing muslims?

....the irony

Anyhoo...
Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by doofanc: 11:05pm On Oct 07, 2014
paulGrundy:

Were you drunk while writing this?

excuse me?

I was very much sober thank you very much. angry angry

1 Like

Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by itstpia1: 11:21pm On Oct 07, 2014
wiegraf:

When discussing muslims?

....the irony

Anyhoo...

when discussing seun.

yes, the irony.

abi you're one of his monikers?
Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by itstpia1: 11:24pm On Oct 07, 2014
is that prayer even correct.

"no god/God"?
Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by Ajibam: 11:28pm On Oct 07, 2014
itstpia1:
is that prayer even correct.

"no god/God"?
Hope you've clicked yes?
Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by itstpia1: 11:34pm On Oct 07, 2014
doofanc:

What's this obsession some Christians have with things related to Islam? They have asked to given their exclusive section, which was granted. Why can't we mind our business and face our faith?

bro, you are too sanctimonious for your own good.

here are Jesus own words (note the difference between his words and yours):

Luke 5

30 And the Pharisees and their scribes grumbled at his disciples, saying, “Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?”

31 And Jesus answered them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.

32 I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance.”

i guess we all see who needs to read the bible more.

1 Timothy 1:12-16

I thank him who has given me strength, Christ Jesus our Lord, because he judged me faithful, appointing me to his service, though formerly I was a blasphemer, persecutor, and insolent opponent. But I received mercy because I had acted ignorantly in unbelief, and the grace of our Lord overflowed for me with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost. But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life.

1 Timothy 1:15

This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance: that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.

so, i guess you need to dust off your bible and read it properly.

perhaps you only glance at the cover every now and then and call that reading.
Re: Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? by kevoh(m): 6:19am On Oct 08, 2014
Follows thread!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? / Can One Combine God's Calling With A Secular Job? / 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.